Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#1]
A buddy of mine and I are on xbox right now if I could talk one of you guys into helping us with a level 32 poe. In level 34 warlock and he's level 33 titan.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've really only leveled up the good exotics, the ones I use on a regular basis. There's a few of them I still own but don't use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am still on the fence about buying TTK. I just bought MGS5:TPP and I don't really have the moolah for TTK (or potentially the time to play it). Maybe I will try and sell some more stuff on E-bay to fund it.

I am still waiting for my Elder Cipher to come back from Variks. Although now that we are so close to "year 2" I wonder if there is any point to getting those weapons, or doing any more POE?

Honestly the exotics aren't even worth it right now unless you want them for the collection. I have 2 of 3 and never used them. One isn't even ranked up at all. If you don't care about them I wouldn't really worry to much about getting them.

I've really only leveled up the good exotics, the ones I use on a regular basis. There's a few of them I still own but don't use.

Same

There's a metric shit ton I've yet to bother upping.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Same

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am still on the fence about buying TTK. I just bought MGS5:TPP and I don't really have the moolah for TTK (or potentially the time to play it). Maybe I will try and sell some more stuff on E-bay to fund it.

I am still waiting for my Elder Cipher to come back from Variks. Although now that we are so close to "year 2" I wonder if there is any point to getting those weapons, or doing any more POE?

Honestly the exotics aren't even worth it right now unless you want them for the collection. I have 2 of 3 and never used them. One isn't even ranked up at all. If you don't care about them I wouldn't really worry to much about getting them.

Same

Just remember the telemetries are useful when upgrading exotic weapons. Save all your bounties and hand them in after you activate a telemetry for said weapon type.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I did it! I did it! got my Skolas kill with Randoms from LFG. I have for sure become legend.

wiped twice on Skolas and killed him the third try. the first two were going good but mines spawned opposite to where we were and had all the adds and skolas between us. the second time we all got on it and thought it disabled in time but we wiped.

got a shader, ship, emblem, and the normal loot. no guns though.

also got an Elder Cipher and not sure which i should get. any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep asking Skolas if my Elder Cipher is ready. Last time he just gave me a suppository. :/
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Congrats!

And for your first cipher, I recommend Lord of Wolves. The Bow is kinda fun to mess around with in PVP but in general it sucks in PVE, and Dreg's Promise just sucks for everything.
View Quote

I already have LOW and QBB; I might get a second LOW from my third Elder Cypher.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#10]
[span style='font-size: 24pt;']Luke Smith
?@thislukesmith
The King's Fall Raid will go live 9/18/15 at 10 a.m., PST #longlivetheking[/span

Luke Smith ?@thislukesmith  Aug 31
TTK/2.0: Many (not all!) pieces of Exotic Armor will accept color from Shaders. Helm of St. 14 w/Revenant looks sweet. St.14 returns for Y2
861 retweets 1,449 favorites
Reply Retweet  861 Favorite  1.4K
More
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:41:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Fallen. I made it
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:12:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fallen. I made it
View Quote

Welcome to town

If you are still here around 6pm (when I'm off work) I'll show you the local brewery
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Sitting in Fairbanks right now for a few days. Don't remember if the s/o has anything planned tonight
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't pre-ordered TTK yet. Which edition should I get?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Some interesting tidbits here:
[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3jiiwl/im_matt_miller_writer_of_game_informers_destiny/[/url]

As I spoke about in my story, that initial arc of eight story missions tells a story about your confrontation against Oryx and his Dreadnaught, but a bunch of story missions open up afterward, and I only had time to play a couple of them, including the one that took me back to the Vault of Glass to learn more about Praedyth. I also got the beginnings of a couple of different exotic weapon questlines, which look like they are going to be much more story-focused than they were before.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[span style='font-size: 24pt;']Luke Smith
?@thislukesmith
The King's Fall Raid will go live 9/18/15 at 10 a.m., PST #longlivetheking[/span

Luke Smith ?@thislukesmith  Aug 31
TTK/2.0: Many (not all!) pieces of Exotic Armor will accept color from Shaders. Helm of St. 14 w/Revenant looks sweet. St.14 returns for Y2
861 retweets 1,449 favorites
Reply Retweet  861 Favorite  1.4K
More
View Quote

Good; Helm of St.14 is about the only Exotic Helmet worth wearing as a Titan. As for shaders; that's awesome; the only shader I wear with the St. 14 is the one with all the numbers on it...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You can get the legendary edition for like $40 as a digital download that'll get you the Taken King content.

Or the collectors edition that gets you the extra dances, I think you get the XP bonus class items as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get the legendary edition for like $40 as a digital download that'll get you the Taken King content.

Or the collectors edition that gets you the extra dances, I think you get the XP bonus class items as well.

I already secured the Legendary Edition Digital Download, and I already have the early "GHost" Edition with the Wilderness Ghost replica.

The Collector's Edition comes with a shit-ton of goodies; including a "Strange Coin" replica in a modified "Treasure Island" book, a schematic of the "Sleeper/Stimulant" exotic sniper rifle.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sitting in Fairbanks right now for a few days. Don't remember if the s/o has anything planned tonight
View Quote

Define a 'few' days. Turns out I don't get paid till tomorrow but we are having a shoot and photo shoot Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Leaving for Denali tomorrow maybe or the next

Then anchoridge to catch the ship
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Btw y'all got some weird taxi cars

First time I've ever seen a 80s model suburban taxi
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Leaving for Denali tomorrow maybe or the next

Then anchorage to catch the ship
View Quote

Fixed.

And keep an eye out tonight.  The aurora should be decent around 11pm-1am if you are up and out somewhere away from the city lights.  (see instructions below)

If you are in town tomorrow after I'm off work, I'll show you the local brewery.  I can only pay for a beer, but it's good beer  And yeah, but vehicles are way more expensive up here than anywhere else other than Hawaii.  The ex's 95 4Runner with 230k was a steal at $3500.

30 Minute aurora forecast here

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:43:07 AM EDT
[#24]
SPYK3 GET YOUR ASS OUTSIDE.

(copypasta from my GD thread) http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1784616_.html

I just pulled these off my camera.  Considering how bright it is out right now (I'm in the middle of town, so there is a ton of light pollution) you can imagine how bright the aurora is.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:46:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Dude I'm out here in bfe.  It's awesome
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:14:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I already secured the Legendary Edition Digital Download, and I already have the early "GHost" Edition with the Wilderness Ghost replica.

http://sm2.imgs.sapo.pt/mb/d/0/1b4ff23c0b6343c342cd505970f76c99e6adce.jpg

The Collector's Edition comes with a shit-ton of goodies; including a "Strange Coin" replica in a modified "Treasure Island" book, a schematic of the "Sleeper/Stimulant" exotic sniper rifle.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/qJU2IpJoKS4/maxresdefault.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://sm2.imgs.sapo.pt/mb/d/0/1b4ff23c0b6343c342cd505970f76c99e6adce.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/qJU2IpJoKS4/maxresdefault.jpg

Is The Taken King Collector's Edition a Gamestop exclusive?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#28]
My turn to thank Quintin for helping us get through Skolas. Sorry it took so long!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#29]
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3jjt0c/bungie_weekly_update_09032015/

World
•Fallen Wolf Hunt Patrols will retreat in anticipation of the arrival of Oryx in your solar system

As promised, full patch notes will be revealed next week. Based on this preview, our Live Team has some last minute suggestions for how you might best spend your final moments in Year One:
•Complete those Year One Bounties
•Don’t delete characters or dismantle items just yet
•Try the Year One campaign again
•Jump into the Crucible for some new action
•Try your beloved Auto-Rifles again
•Destroy remaining Wolf Packs and loot their chests for Ether Keys
•Complete your House of Wolves Grimoire as it applies to hunting in the wild
•Complete your Moments of Triumph [time extended – read below]

Got it? Good. You have approximately three days from the time that this blog article became a thing to make good on your last milestones of action and adventure. Gather ye Spinmetal while ye may!

Okay, dumb question but since I am on a restricted network- any major HOW Grimoire stuff that wouldn't be obvious? I think I played all the missions multiple times, hunted down all the named enemies, etc. I think I'll just have to find a website to log in and check the Grimoiriorere

Also, what is this about Spinmetal. Are planetary materials going away?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Hmm I may have to rush to complete my Elder Cipher for my shotgun before 2.0 drops. Or maybe I won't need to... It's a little bit confusing.

I am at the "get 1,000 points" section. Time to see what the weeklies are.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Where do I find  "•Complete your House of Wolves Grimoire as it applies to hunting in the wild "  ???
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Where do I find  "•Complete your House of Wolves Grimoire as it applies to hunting in the wild "  ???
View Quote

Read this carefully. You can find out exactly what you need.
DO THIS

Also, apparently I need to complete "Wanted: Silent Fang" on my Warlock. I am not sure how this is possible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

DO THIS

Also, apparently I need to complete "Wanted: Silent Fang" on my Warlock. I am not sure how this is possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

DO THIS

Thanks, I only need Silent Fang too

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hmm I may have to rush to complete my Elder Cipher for my shotgun before 2.0 drops. Or maybe I won't need to... It's a little bit confusing.

View Quote

Just pull a solid team and complete a 34, then do 28s; Right now, I am sitting on 625/1000 on my remaining Elder Cypher. Already have Lord Of Wolves and Queenbreaker's Bow; I could go with the Dreg's Promise, but from what I've heard here and elsewhere, the weapon sucks more than the Vestian Dynasty. Might just get a second Lord of Wolves, or get the Dreg's Promise just for S&Gs.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I bitch a lot about Dreg's Promise, but to be honest it's probably pretty decent as a sidearm, it's just that...it's a sidearm.  And an exotic one at that.  And shotguns are so good right now that there's been no real reason for me personally to use sidearms since they came out.  I just use it for screwing around on patrols, trying to finish off the grimoire card for it, but for anything serious Dreg's Promise or Vestian Dynasty are about the two last weapons I'd ever think about bringing with me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just pull a solid team and complete a 34, then do 28s; Right now, I am sitting on 625/1000 on my remaining Elder Cypher. Already have Lord Of Wolves and Queenbreaker's Bow; I could go with the Dreg's Promise, but from what I've heard here and elsewhere, the weapon sucks more than the Vestian Dynasty. Might just get a second Lord of Wolves, or get the Dreg's Promise just for S&Gs.

I bitch a lot about Dreg's Promise, but to be honest it's probably pretty decent as a sidearm, it's just that...it's a sidearm.  And an exotic one at that.  And shotguns are so good right now that there's been no real reason for me personally to use sidearms since they came out.  I just use it for screwing around on patrols, trying to finish off the grimoire card for it, but for anything serious Dreg's Promise or Vestian Dynasty are about the two last weapons I'd ever think about bringing with me.

I am a hand cannon person - I use Thorn, Fatebringer, Word Of Crota and Last Word (in that particular order); next are shotguns; Found Verdict, Swordbreaker, Invective, Lord Of Wolves and Matador 64 (Crucible Shotgun); and of course theever-present, "DON'T-CARE-IF-THEY-NERF-IT-BECAUSE-IT-WILL-STILL-BLOW-THE-DOORS-OFF-CROTA" Jellyhorn for those pesky bosses.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Dude I'm out here in bfe.  It's awesome
View Quote

Email sent.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#41]
They said exotic bounties in progress will be auto completed. So I will finally have Thorn and Invective.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone want to curb stomp crota and VOG tomorrow?

I'm thinking run to Crota hard on one set of guys, get the CP, stomp him 3x.

Run a group to Templar, CP, then roflstomp the rest of the Vault.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

VoG shouldn't take more than an hour with a full team. We four manned it last night in 1hr 15.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

VoG shouldn't take more than an hour with a full team. We four manned it last night in 1hr 15.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, nice run time Hammer
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i saw you guys in there and was going to join, but I didn't want to intrude. incase you were going for flawless or something.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

i saw you guys in there and was going to join, but I didn't want to intrude. incase you were going for flawless or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should have joined in. We were looking for more but when we started there was no one else on and friends lists were being screwy so we just threw caution to the wind.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:42:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure.  Need some Radiant materials anyhow.

What time?
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:00:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What time?

I'll wait and see if Cam/Quintin/etc chime in, but 6pm est (2pm for me) is a good spot.  Can do earlier/later if needed since I have a 3 day weekend.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:26:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:36:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top