User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Shadow Thief is your nightfall this week. Arc burn, juggler, brawler.

Winter's Run with juggler is the weekly.

34 Poe is Urrox.

Skolas is brawler and juggler.
View Quote

Skolas doesn't sound too bad this week. Maybe I'll try a again this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Iron Banana is Back - helmet, chest piece, E. Spear (sniper) and Timur's lash (hand cannon) - looks like the armor rolls are the same as the old set.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Shadow Thief is your nightfall this week. Arc burn, juggler, brawler.

Winter's Run with juggler is the weekly.

34 Poe is Urrox.

Skolas is brawler and juggler.

Nice; I might jump into a 35... 2/3 Nightfalls done, got a Dragon's Breath out of my first NF... (would've preferred either a G'Horn or a Hawkmoon, but whatever...).

I might jump into my final NF tonight... IF and only IF I don't get the "Chorizo" (forced Overtime) at work.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#5]
anyone on right now on xbone.

wanting to run a 32 and maybe a 34 again.

me and giftedcoast needs a third
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:50:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for carrying me through those on my 'lock.  

Hunter next time. My time dead should be legendary.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol its all good anyways
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Efrideet's Spear! I'll finally have a decent PVP sniper. Watch Her Benevolence and Praedyth's Revenge drop for me, now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The new Spear is kind of a shit sniper for PVP though. You can't get final round cheese on it anymore, can't get field scout.

Her Benevolence will do basically everything a current Erfideet's Spear can do, and you don't have to kill yourself in Iron Banner to get it.

Eta - hell, if you have a Black Hammer, use that. The only real appeal of the high impact snipers IMO is the ability to kill someone through a res overshield. Black Hammer will do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Efrideet's Spear! I'll finally have a decent PVP sniper. Watch Her Benevolence and Praedyth's Revenge drop for me, now.

The new Spear is kind of a shit sniper for PVP though. You can't get final round cheese on it anymore, can't get field scout.

Her Benevolence will do basically everything a current Erfideet's Spear can do, and you don't have to kill yourself in Iron Banner to get it.

Eta - hell, if you have a Black Hammer, use that. The only real appeal of the high impact snipers IMO is the ability to kill someone through a res overshield. Black Hammer will do that.

Final Round will be irrelevant pretty soon since it's getting nerfed anyway. Yeah Field Scout is a really good perk but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I probably will take your advice and roll with Black Hammer. Ambush scope, perfect balance/snap shot...that is until I get Her Benevolence. Which I'll never get.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Gotten 4 of them  

Scrapped 3

Have t messed with it.  Still looking for a decent sniper until I get black hammer or ice
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I need a top 5 list on each gun class to keep
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gotten 4 of them  

Scrapped 3

Have t messed with it.  Still looking for a decent sniper until I get black hammer or ice
View Quote

Old school spear is still one of my favorites (but I have Field Scout, Firefly, etc), praedyths revenge (fire rate) and shadow of veils (aim assist) are both very good for pvp but have limited use in pve.

Before they ruined the perks on the new spear it was one of the best snipers in the game for both PvP and PvE
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not much of a PVP sniper but I like Praedyths because I can spam it. It's the best scout rifle in the game. Two shots most people to the body, one shots everyone in the head.
View Quote

I don't care for aim assist, I tend to do better without it and Praedyths still is a headshot monster, Plus Firefly just makes it even better. I use the Spear mainly for Final Round and Double down and I tend to use most of the time in ToO.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Gotten 4 of them  

Scrapped 3

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Gotten 4 of them  

Scrapped 3

You don't have BH or IB? Do you even raid, bro?

Quoted:
I'm not much of a PVP sniper but I like Praedyths because I can spam it. It's the best scout rifle in the game. Two shots most people to the body, one shots everyone in the head.

Yep, pretty shocking that hasn't dropped for me yet. I ran someone through VoG for the first time the other day and it dropped for them. Needless to say I was furious.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Final Round will be irrelevant pretty soon since it's getting nerfed anyway. Yeah Field Scout is a really good perk but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I probably will take your advice and roll with Black Hammer. Ambush scope, perfect balance/snap shot...that is until I get Her Benevolence. Which I'll never get.
View Quote

The PoE sniper, shadow of veils, is just as good as Her Benevolence if not better and you don't have to reroll it.

Also if you are just looking for a good sniper don't rule out Blue's/rare. I have a rare Avenue A with shortgaze/snapshot/final round and I still use it in trials pretty often even though it's only 294 damage, I don't like to use final round but it will still 1 shot in trials.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The PoE sniper, shadow of veils, is just as good as Her Benevolence if not better and you don't have to reroll it.

Also if you are just looking for a good sniper don't rule out Blue's/rare. I have a rare Avenue A with shortgaze/snapshot/final round and I still use it in trials pretty often even though it's only 294 damage, I don't like to use final round but it will still 1 shot in trials.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We all feel guilty using final round, I usually go for leg or foot shots just to make the kill even more satisfying
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I raid every chance I get

I lied. I scrapped 3 but still have 3 her bonevalance
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quintin would you be willing to run skolas Saturday night or Sunday some time with me and my buddy ryen
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:12:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:31:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Ats or knuckle head?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll buy suros for the collection (like I need any more) and maybe knuckle head
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll probably be getting on around 5p est. Still need a 32 POE if anyone wants to help or needs one.
I would also like to get a normal crota for my titan to see if I can get the boots. Not having extra heavy is bothering me
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I plan on doing normal VOG 101 tonight around 7-8ish est.

Depending on how that goes, we might try to do a Crota 101 as well, showing folks how to run the sword.

View Quote

I'll be down for that.

I've run sword successfully with my warlocks. Relic I can do, I just get the buttons mixed up sometimes during the fray. Which is why I don't run it much. Never wanted to be that guy to cause wipes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Depending on how that goes, we might try to do a Crota 101 as well, showing folks how to run the sword.

View Quote

I have still yet to run sword. If I can get on tonight I'd be down with that. Of course I still have me to run my nightfalls etc.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Holy shit. I've been grouped with some real retards for IB this time around.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'll probably be getting on around 5p est. Still need a 32 POE if anyone wants to help or needs one.
I would also like to get a normal crota for my titan to see if I can get the boots. Not having extra heavy is bothering me
View Quote

I'd be up for a 32 POE... later though - have some dinner plans.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm not doing the Banana this week. None of the weapons are really interesting to me and I don't need the armor or etheric light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not doing the Banana this week. None of the weapons are really interesting to me and I don't need the armor or etheric light.

I need a couple etheric lights for my fang and reserve in the off chance I get a fatebringer.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What?  You don't have a Fatebringer?

So I guess we're doing some more hard VOG this weekend too then.

Fatebringer is love. Fatebringer is life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need a couple etheric lights for my fang and reserve in the off chance I get a fatebringer.

What?  You don't have a Fatebringer?

So I guess we're doing some more hard VOG this weekend too then.

Fatebringer is love. Fatebringer is life.

I'm in if you can get on around 7EST, taking the family to the drive in tonight around 9EST. I'm free both nights this weekend after my forced overtime
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Ill be in tomorrow night for awhile need to do 35 and 34&32. In for raid too
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I won't be on until after 7 or so now. Started a little yard work and ended up tearing out 4 giant evergreen bushes. So now I have to cut them up and haul them out to my buddies farm.

Still up for whatever we can get into
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So..... I'm not the only one without a fatebringer .....yet
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm a bit fed up with iron banana right now....need to take a break.
(I just want that Timurs lash then I'm done with it, Fack those Laggy sons of ditches)
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#42]
So tonight, my son and his friend insisted on trying the Trials of Osiris,...well we did, and NEver again...
So much BS, supers on first round, dirty tactics etc....
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quintin. If all goes well and ryen gets maybe a poe35.

If not I'll be up for vog and crota to get more exp with sword and relic
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

There's a lot of weird stuff in Trials.  I dunno about supers on first round, depending on how the other team is spec'd, how long the round runs and how many kills they get, eh, maaaaybe?  I usually run max int/disp builds and as an average Trials player I normally don't get my super until round 3 or 4.

Besides that, Trials is very hard.  Mostly because of the cheesy shit the game gives you and the other team to use.  Thorn, TLW, final round snipers, high impact shotguns with blink, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So tonight, my son and his friend insisted on trying the Trials of Osiris,...well we did, and NEver again...
So much BS, supers on first round, dirty tactics etc....

There's a lot of weird stuff in Trials.  I dunno about supers on first round, depending on how the other team is spec'd, how long the round runs and how many kills they get, eh, maaaaybe?  I usually run max int/disp builds and as an average Trials player I normally don't get my super until round 3 or 4.

Besides that, Trials is very hard.  Mostly because of the cheesy shit the game gives you and the other team to use.  Thorn, TLW, final round snipers, high impact shotguns with blink, etc.

PvP in general right now is so out of balance that it almost makes Iron Banana and ToO unbearable unless you are playing with hugely skilled teammates. There were 4 of us playing last night in banana and we had matches where we got rolled so badly it wasn't even tolerable. To make matters worse the team we played wasn't that good, but between the lag, enemies not taking damage, blinking with shotguns and supers we stood no chance. I almost rage quit twice and that is rare. Destiny isn't going to make it into year 3 if they don't address the lag in PvP it is an absolute game changer and that coupled with shit matchmaking, no skill based matchmaking, it turns 80% of the games into feast or famine.

Trials is the same way, it should be hard and challenging but when you just start playing and match up against people with 1500+ kills, 1.9 KDR's  and multiple flawless runs its a bitch especially if you have never done it before. It should be more skill based and elevate difficulty as you win, but instead they expect new players to be doormats for a bunch of PvP tryhards.

I have seen supers as fast as round 2 (with a ton of revives and one player doing all the work) but never round 1, dirty tactics suck but they really aren't dirty if the goal is to go flawless which is Quintin's point and Bungie has allowed them to fester and grow to the point that everyone is using them thus eliminating any game balance.

I am done bitching now I will be running some Iron Banana tonight if anyone wants to join, we should have at least 2 maybe 3 slots open, last night we all missed the days of having a full fire-team.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

My son and I would like to join for both if there is room. I need to max out my crota chest. We are playing Iron Banner. Kicking some serious ass with Thorn. My son and I are a consistent number 1 and 2 each game. I love Thorn.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I dunno if I'm gonna do anything tonight.  I'll roll if we get enough people on I suppose.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My son and I would like to join for both if there is room. I need to max out my crota chest. We are playing Iron Banner. Kicking some serious ass with Thorn. My son and I are a consistent number 1 and 2 each game. I love Thorn.

I dunno if I'm gonna do anything tonight.  I'll roll if we get enough people on I suppose.

Cool we will be on.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I finished my iron banana on my lock, got Timurs lash, E light and a spear.
I'm taking a break but I'm up for any raids tonight, tomorrow, next week, etc....
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top