BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PS4 - Nightfall at 5pm EST anyone?

It's the Archon Priest, with all 3 damage modifiers active so bring all yer weapons. Also, there's another cheese spot for killing the boss without him being able to hurt you, so it should be easy.
View Quote

I'm down to do that tonight at about 5:20 PM if you are down ... or 4 PM if it will take less than an hour
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If I can get on by 5 I am down with the effort.  Send me a request if you don't have me on friends list.  Overlord3673
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm down to do that tonight at about 5:20 PM if you are down ... or 4 PM if it will take less than an hour
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the Archon Priest, with all 3 damage modifiers active so bring all yer weapons. Also, there's another cheese spot for killing the boss without him being able to hurt you, so it should be easy.

Although I already finished it, if I'm on tonight I'll help anyone out with it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#4]
So last night we did the nightfall, the weekly, and the daily back to back.

The Nightfall was by far the easiest one we have done so far. It doesn't take long and there are no epic sheilds.  The boss has about 1/3 the HP of the last boss. Bring a SNIPER RIFLE (void) and a MACHINE GUN (solar).  Once you adjust to the idea that everyone can 1-shot you, it's not too bad. Playing with sniper rifles is fun. We used the Entrance "cheese spot". If you get into trouble, just jump up on the ledge and you'll be pretty safe. There is no "anti-cheat" mechanism for this, but you may not have LOS to any enemies. We jumped up and down to and from this ledge. We have a voidwalker, a defender titan, and a sunsinger and it works out really well. Plus the voidwalker guy kicks ass.

The weekly was much easier even than the nightfall. I grabbed my void damage weapons and we knocked it out quick.  I think this is one of my favorite strikes.
I will be trying to get my titan up to level 26+ so I can run the nightfall this week.

For nightfall I got a Legendary Void Sniper Rifle and 3 blue engrams which turned into nothing. Not great, since I already had one, but I'll take it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I would love to run the Nightfall tonight.  Gamer tag SpiralSh0t
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool.  Add me.  My PSN name is the same as my username.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Tank3d, myself and another guy I played with in SWTOR did the Nightfall and Weekly.  The cheese method worked out real easy for us.  
I got a Legendary Shotgun "Hide and Seek-42"  Probably never use it, but was still cool to get something other than coins.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Tank3d, myself and another guy I played with in SWTOR did the Nightfall and Weekly.  The cheese method worked out real easy for us.  
I got a Legendary Shotgun "Hide and Seek-42"  Probably never use it, but was still cool to get something other than coins.
View Quote
I have that shotgun too.  I dont find myself using shotguns at all.  One trigger pull and my character is looking at the sky.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I got a fairly interesting set of gauntlets.  They're sort of clear.  I'll see if I can get a screenshot.

ETA:  They don't even show when looking at character on bungie.net

Exotic - No Backup Plans - increase the duration of force barrier and increase melee attack speed.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I got a fairly interesting set of gauntlets.  They're sort of clear.  I'll see if I can get a screenshot.

ETA:  They don't even show when looking at character on bungie.net

Exotic - No Backup Plans - increase the duration of force barrier and increase melee attack speed.

http://destiny.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/no_backup_plans-gauntlets.jpg/522195640/no_backup_plans-gauntlets.jpg
View Quote

they did look pretty sweet with blue/purple glow.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm interested to see just how much faster melee is.  I haven't yet managed to upgrade them to that point.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm interested to see just how much faster melee is.  I haven't yet managed to upgrade them to that point.
View Quote

I have several pieces of armor that do this. It's not a huge difference.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#13]
With my desert camo-ish pattern and my tiger class emblem.  Funny how Titans have the nightstick but we never use it.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Female human?

IMO my warlock looks badass right now. I'll have to post up some pics someday. I have the dragon skull helmet and "Cuirass of the Hezen Lords" with the Queen's purple shader.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got the arfcom machinegun

http://i.imgur.com/cIP6ec5.jpg
View Quote

I got the one that does arc damage also and when leveled up the recoil bar is maxed out...great fucking gun
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#16]
The entrance cheese spot is much better than glitching under the platform IMO.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The entrance cheese spot is much better than glitching under the platform IMO.
View Quote

Not sure what you mean.  No glitch required to get under the platform.  Crouch and walk.

Cheese, sure.  Not what I would consider a glitch though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Female human?

IMO my warlock looks badass right now. I'll have to post up some pics someday. I have the dragon skull helmet and "Cuirass of the Hezen Lords" with the Queen's purple shader.
View Quote
yup

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm loving my Vanquisher VIII with it's "ACOG".
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#21]

When I see a Blade Dancer...

I laughed so hard I cried.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

yup
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Probably going to do some iron banner tonight if anyone is interested.  Spent last night grinding patrol mission and doing public events to try and get my vanguard lvl up. Turned in 4 engrams and actually got a legendary scout rifle out of the cryptarch. I'm not a big fan of scouts but I'll give it a shot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Probably going to do some iron banner tonight if anyone is interested.  Spent last night grinding patrol mission and doing public events to try and get my vanguard lvl up. Turned in 4 engrams and actually got a legendary scout rifle out of the cryptarch. I'm not a big fan of scouts but I'll give it a shot.
View Quote

My cryptarch is rank 12 and has given me nothing. :(

Then again my Vanguard is rank 6 and I have gotten *0* weapons from them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Oh and you got it in ARC dmg?  nice.  I have it in void damage.  I need an Arc machine gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got the arfcom machinegun

http://i.imgur.com/cIP6ec5.jpg

Oh and you got it in ARC dmg?  nice.  I have it in void damage.  I need an Arc machine gun.
I received the Thunderlord Exotic Machine gun from the completion of the Nightfall mission last night. It is a beast and does arch damage.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Saw this somewhere else today and got a kick out of it, since I'm now level 26 and still haven't gotten a legendary drop, not one.

The new Diablo expansion is fun though, and there's even loot in that game!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am almost 17 now but when I hit 15 I got an exotic from him - hard light  and a legendary
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#28]
My cryptarch is only at lvl 4 I think. I was surprised I got a legendary from him.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#29]
My cryptarch is over 20 and just about never gives me purples from blues nor purples from leveling up cryptarch.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#30]
My cryptarch scams me every time. I don't recall his rank but it us upper 20's and all I ever get from him is garbage gear hardly worth considering rare, strange coins, and motes of light. It is to the point I don't even want to see a legendary engram because I have yet to get jackshit from any of them.

Another instance of RNG bullshit happened today. I solo'd the daily and the weekly with my LV 25 hunter. I got ONE strange coin total. A friend did the patrol bounty on Venus and gets the exotic bounty for the Thorn. Hmmm...   lets compare. Almost 400 total kills and two deaths completing LV 24 story and strike missions. Worth one strange coin. Go to Venus, shoot some shit, take some pictures, and maybe even pick a few blooms while we're at it. Worth an exotic hand cannon.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#33]

I am going to have to try that tonight!! Sunsingers unite.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Spammed bounties last night and tonight and got a exotic bounty.  Turned in 4 engrams and got 3 cloaks and a mote of lite.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#36]
WTF LOL.  Spacebucks are capped at 25k....

I don't need the spaceship flair and other bullshit emblems and stuff, so I pocket lots of money.  I've been playing for a week or two, and already maxed out the bank.  Two of my legendary heavy weapons have the "you find more ammo for this" perk, so I don't use the ammo synthesis for them but I bought 7 of those, a space ship (I then find a cool rare one on venus), and I'm already back up to 18k running strikes.  They really need to raise it, or don't even put a cap on it.

edit

also, how do you get the heroic modifier for some of the bounties?

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:28:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Ducky I have had the same issue with lag.  I will be firing my gun and all of  a sudden it will stop or I will kill someone and it wont register for a few seconds.  On the bright side I was playing control the other night and got a purple helm engram.  Took it to the decoder thinking I would get shafted but turns out I got an exotic helmet instead.  Saves me from spending my strange coins on it.  Hopefully XUR will have a nice auto rifle I can pick up.  Tired of getting slaughtered by those damn Suros try hards.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Request sent, PSN ID is DEVILS_GO_KART
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Much thanks to metalsaber and tank3d for doing 95% of the work on the Weekly Nightfall before I jumped in their fireteam.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#41]
So it turns out the damage bonus from being a higher level in Iron Banner is capped at 2%... 2%! That's a fucking joke.

On a lighter note, I went to Subway yesterday and the employee making my sammich was a cute girl wearing a Destiny bracelet I made small talk with her and we talk about Destiny for a minute. Then she says, "I actually haven't played it. I'm just obsessed with everything about it."  ....
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Much thanks to metalsaber and tank3d for doing 95% of the work on the Weekly Nightfall before I jumped in their fireteam.

View Quote

not a problem.  Got my exotic fusion rifle challenge done as well, so I was happy.

We might be that much closer to have a full group to do VoG.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

not a problem.  Got my exotic fusion rifle challenge done as well, so I was happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good to me!

Yesterday was actually one of the most rewarding days I've had on this game.  Before I jumped in with you guys, I was playing with another friend earlier and mentioned to him that I needed a better primary.  I was close to finally reaching level 3 for the Vanguard and planned on buying a scout rifle.  Didn't have to buy one though because they gave me one leveling up!  I figured it would be a shotgun or some other gun I never use.

Also had a couple of purple drops which is the first time since the update that I've had anything purple.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Is the Queen's breastplate good enough to invest shards in?  I'm level 24, my only legendary armor is the Queen's breastplate and helm.  To upgrade the chestpiece any further, I'm going to have to spend 6 of my 9 shards.  Worth it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Is the Queen's breastplate good enough to invest shards in?  I'm level 24, my only legendary armor is the Queen's breastplate and helm.  To upgrade the chestpiece any further, I'm going to have to spend 6 of my 9 shards.  Worth it?
View Quote
IMHO, no.

Shards should be spent on Exotic or Raid Legendary (or possibly IB) gear only. Why drop shards into shit you're not gonna keep? Max out your exotic(s), then do all the non-shard upgrades for your Legendary gear, then start grinding the Raid.  :-p

Same is true for A.Energy, should be spent on your exotics first.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
IMHO, no.

Shards should be spent on Exotic or Raid Legendary (or possibly IB) gear only. Why drop shards into shit you're not gonna keep? Max out your exotic(s), then do all the non-shard upgrades for your Legendary gear, then start grinding the Raid.  :-p

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMHO, no.

Agree mostly with this.

I'm not spending Ascendant materials on anything i'm not absolutely sure i'm keeping.

I came to this conclusion too late to do me much real good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#47]
A little tip for those looking to get extra Ascendant Shards...

If you find yourself capping your Vanguard Marks (hard cap at 200...can only get 100 per week) and you are not using it to buy Legendary items that you want, then just buy extra Legendary armor.  Then the next time you turn in bounties or anything else that can give big chunks of XP, switch to these extra Legendaries and start leveling them up.  Do this until you get to the tier that requires Ascendant Shards to upgrade...DO NOT UPGRADE THE TIERS THAT REQUIRE SHARDS.  Just up until that point.  Then dismantle them and you can get anywhere from 2 to 5 Ascendant Shards for dismantling these depending on which type of armor you decide to level and dismantle.

I've also heard that you don't even have to upgrade the armor itself...but just have to unlock each upgrade and you will still get shards...I can not confirm this method however.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you find yourself capping your Vanguard Marks (hard cap at 200...can only get 100 per week) and you are not using it to buy Legendary items that you want, then just buy extra Legendary armor.  Then the next time you turn in bounties or anything else that can give big chunks of XP, switch to these extra Legendaries and start leveling them up.  Do this until you get to the tier that requires Ascendant Shards to upgrade...DO NOT UPGRADE THIS FAR.  Just up until that point.  Then dismantle them and you can get anywhere from 2 to 5 Ascendant Shards for dismantling these depending on which type of armor you decide to level and dismantle.
View Quote

I was wondering if this was the case.  And in fact am doing exactly this right now as an experiment.

Very interesting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I was wondering if this was the case.  And in fact am doing exactly this right now as an experiment.

Very interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you find yourself capping your Vanguard Marks (hard cap at 200...can only get 100 per week) and you are not using it to buy Legendary items that you want, then just buy extra Legendary armor.  Then the next time you turn in bounties or anything else that can give big chunks of XP, switch to these extra Legendaries and start leveling them up.  Do this until you get to the tier that requires Ascendant Shards to upgrade...DO NOT UPGRADE THIS FAR.  Just up until that point.  Then dismantle them and you can get anywhere from 2 to 5 Ascendant Shards for dismantling these depending on which type of armor you decide to level and dismantle.

Very interesting.

Yep...should be the same way with the Legendary weapons for people needing Ascendant Energy instead.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#50]
To the team that hit the VOG with me last weekend, we are going to try and hit it again tonight. 8:30 eastern/7:30 central. I sent everyone a PSN message just in case some may not frequent the forum. Not looking to burn the midnight oil on it. Just kick in the door and rough 'em up a bit.

Mainly hoping all of us or those really needing it, score some raid gear and then maybe take tomorrow night off to level it up. Then we will go kick Atheon's ass Saturday.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top