Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is that for thorn?  The crucible part of that bounty is brutal
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Woot first exotic bounty, A Light in the Dark!

Yeah the crucible SUCKS, I barely made a dent in it last night in Control. Probably going to try Rumble tonight and see if its any easier.

I have to force myself to camp.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah the crucible SUCKS, I barely made a dent in it last night in Control. Probably going to try Rumble tonight and see if its any easier.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woot first exotic bounty, A Light in the Dark!

I had the best luck on Control, because you can basically wait for people to come to you. All the other modes my KD ratio was so low that I made almost no progress.

I did that whole bounty in about 2.5-3 hours on Control.

ETA- I was using a Void damage Fusion Rifle and a Void Rocket Launcher whenever I managed to get heavy ammo. I also made sure to use my super ability any time I thought I was in trouble. The kills may not count towards my total, but it was important to me to minimize the number of deaths I had. Anything to stay alive longer.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I had the best luck on Control, because you can basically wait for people to come to you. All the other modes my KD ratio was so low that I made almost no progress.

ETA- I was using a Void damage Fusion Rifle and a Void Rocket Launcher whenever I managed to get heavy ammo. I also made sure to use my super ability any time I thought I was in trouble. The kills may not count towards my total, but it was important to me to minimize the number of deaths I had. Anything to stay alive longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been working on that bounty in Rumble with a void shotgun. It's slowly progressing, but progressing nontheless.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I did Vault of Glass with Tank3d, Gromann7, and my buddies Jytan and TheGreat Antwon.

We made it to the last boss in ~1.5 hours, thanks to Antwon explaining everything to me like I'm 5. (I needed it).  It's great fun!

I got:
Legendary shotgun "Found Verdict" arc shotgun, legendary "Cuirass of the Hezen Lord" chest (which is actually no better than what I had, but looks really cool), legendary warlock bond, and a bunch of materials.

We got a really nice glitch. On the boss battle before Aethon, we beat it right when we died. So we got the loot for beating it. But then it restarted. So I'll be able to get that loot twice maybe; or maybe not.

Should be able to start up right at Aetheon which will be nice.

ETA: I bought the helmet engram from Xur for 23 motes of light. I ended up getting the same exotic helmet I already had.  So yeah, out of 8 different exotic helmets, I get the ONE that I already have.

QUESTION: The raid armor, "Cuirass of the Hezen Lord"; should have more light when fully upgraded than a normal legendary, correct?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a legendary Machine Gun: Corrective Measure
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got a legendary Machine Gun: Corrective Measure
View Quote

That's a great name for a machine gun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

QUESTION: The raid armor, "Cuirass of the Hezen Lord"; should have more light when fully upgraded than a normal legendary, correct?
View Quote

Yes.  I ran into a LVL 30 player in the Tower.  He had fully upgraded VoG award armor.  Each piece can reach +30 light.  Standard legendary can only reach +27.

I assume we must go back and actually make it to the "end mission" screen to receive the full raid awards.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
Raid legendaries should have the same light as an exotic when upgraded.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are there two tiers of raid armor or just 1?

I currently have a set of armor that I use for actual hard stuff, another set that I use to look cool, and another set that I am leveling up. Mainly because I have 2 helmets, 2 chests, and 2 gloves that I rotate around on.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://www.destinydb.com/items/3074713346-atheons-epilogue#1.MMv4Um38

I have mine fully upgraded.  I was hitting Atheon for 470 critical.  Combine that with a 76 round magazine and he died in 3-4 phases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What auto rifle?

Yeah I used fusion rifle too

I have mine fully upgraded.  I was hitting Atheon for 470 critical.  Combine that with a 76 round magazine and he died in 3-4 phases.

How did you get that?  Would give my left nut for a good auto rifle.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What auto rifle?

You didn't purchase Suros Regime last week? Guess not. I have it, it's pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Is Red Death worth the purchase this week? Not crazy about pulse rifles, but I did rock the Stranger till I got a good auto early on.

I was going to buy Dr Nope to replace my auto from the Vanguard this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#15]
This is my new machine gun.

Corrective Measure
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is Red Death worth the purchase this week? Not crazy about pulse rifles, but I did rock the Stranger till I got a good auto early on.

View Quote

I'm seriously considering it.  I'm buying the Sunbreakers, and i'll be 2 coins shy of buying Red Death.  From what i've ready, it's slow rate of fire makes it a poor choice for PVP, but in PVE, the heal upgrade pretty much prevents you from dying so long as you don't get into melee range of the big dogs.  If I can snag 2 more coins, I'll get both.  Hopefully we can get the guys back together to take out the boss in VoG tonight.  I'll be on after 10cst if DJK, Antwon and Tank3d can make it on.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

why Dr Nope and not Shadow Price?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had Dr. Nope, I used it for 1 minute and then put it in the vault. It's now 2 ascendant energies. Shadow price FTW.

So yeah, I've used Shadow Price a ton, Dr. Nope a little, and Suros Regime a lot. Of them all, I like Suros the most but just barely. I like the ROF on Shadow price a little better. I couldn't hit shit with Dr. Nope, but the ROF was fun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#19]
*bangs head on desk*

The boss had the tiniest sliver of health in the nightfall and then we wiped.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
*bangs head on desk*

View Quote

That sucks dude! Hide behind crate, use heavy ammo synthesis, smack him down with your rocket launcher. :)
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That sucks dude! Hide behind crate, use heavy ammo synthesis, smack him down with your rocket launcher. :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*bangs head on desk*

I was down already, our hunter tried to get into cover and died, and the titan in the spot of "you can't kill me" decided to run out and punch a guy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Pick Up Groups ftw eh?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You didn't purchase Suros Regime last week? Guess not. I have it, it's pretty good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What auto rifle?

No I didn't.  I figured he would have something better this week.  Plus I am just too damn cheap...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm short 2 coins for red death. Advice to find 2? I haven't done the weekly on lvl 28 but I need help.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Any guys on ps4 that can give me a hand doing the weekly heroic on lvl 28?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I had Dr. Nope, I used it for 1 minute and then put it in the vault. It's now 2 ascendant energies. Shadow price FTW.

So yeah, I've used Shadow Price a ton, Dr. Nope a little, and Suros Regime a lot. Of them all, I like Suros the most but just barely. I like the ROF on Shadow price a little better. I couldn't hit shit with Dr. Nope, but the ROF was fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I guess I am going Shadow Price now
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you'll like it. I have been using the devil you know hand cannon - and really fallen in love with it, but needed something good for PvP - so Shadow Price was my 2nd choice after not being able to get Suros last week.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:01:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think you'll like it. I have been using the devil you know hand cannon - and really fallen in love with it, but needed something good for PvP - so Shadow Price was my 2nd choice after not being able to get Suros last week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

X2

Shadow Price is pretty solid indeed. I run it with my hunter and my titan gets my suros. I had it for a good week or so before getting the suros and it was my go to gun when things got hot. Good punch, decent stability as long as you don't go full on mag dump. Works quite well in the crucible too. Doctor Nope is just a spray and pray gun. Up close it is a meat grinder. At any type of distance, just horrible. To give you an idea, Saon has it and for laughs he tried it out on the treasure cave. From the knoll where everyone shoots from, he couldn't get more than maybe 4 or 5 rounds into the cave. The Sahara and the Dead Orbit Unwilling Soul are the same way.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Neat thing added in the patch that was just discovered.  Get lvl 10 with a faction (guy posting photos on reddit got New Monarchy) and they give you a shader with their colors.
View Quote

It may not be limited to a specific rank I just discovered. I just hit rank 9 with Dead Orbit and got ascendant shards, exodus gauntlets, and their shader (Bittersteel).

It may be a random award at any 3+ rank.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:14:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Sent my request to join the arfcom clan for PSN.

Ingame name is SavageWhiteDude
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Finally got an exotic weapon quest. I choose the one to get Bad Mojo. Should be fun, except the last step. Anybody up for the weekly tonight? I should be on later.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Trying to see if i can rally up another fireteam to go after the vault tonight. I will say 8:00 EST. I will have Saonmyway and Wombat618 but we need three more.

We have never tried it before, know little about what to expect other than some wiki articles although we will likely study a bit more before tonight. Would be great to have someone who has tried it before but anybody is welcome. Preferably LV 28, but 26 + is fine. We want to beat it but more importantly we just want to experience it and have some fun.

If you can do it, reply here, the Bungie clan page, or message me on PSN and we can make this happen.

This is for PS4 btw.

ETA: Time is set for 8:00 EST

We now have four with a possible 5 if Glock can make it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Double.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trying to see if i can rally up another fireteam to go after the vault tonight. I will say 7:30 EST. I will have Saonmyway and Wombat618 but we need three more.

We have never tried it before, know little about what to expect other than some wiki articles although we will likely study a bit more before tonight. Would be great to have someone who has tried it before but anybody is welcome. Preferably LV 28, but 26 + is fine. We want to beat it but more importantly we just want to experience it and have some fun.

If you can do it, reply here, the Bungie clan page, or message me on PSN and we can make this happen.

This is for PS4 btw.

Message sent.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I may be in but I won't be free til around 8-9.

This is for PS4.

Glock23man is my PSN.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This is for PS4.

Glock23man is my PSN.
View Quote

We confirmed a time for 8:00 if that helps. 8:00 EST.

If you can, it gives us 5 so we just need one more.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is for PS4.

Glock23man is my PSN.

Sounds good. I'm in a tree stand right now but it gets dark around 7:30-8 so hopefully I can get in by 8.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Arfcomming while hunting?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is for PS4.

Glock23man is my PSN.

Sounds good. I'm in a tree stand right now but it gets dark around 7:30-8 so hopefully I can get in by 8.

Arfcomming while hunting?

Yes sir. This is Murica. I get both.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Okay, my fireteam is just about ready for VOG.  We are on but I'm going to grab a bite to eat before we get started. Sitting in a cave on the moon.

Faon, just sent you a friend request. If you can get your buddy as the 6th man, cool. If not, let me know because we may have another who can join. Need to know quick.

I have an open party chat going for when you guys get on so we can get our ducks in a row.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Driving home. Now hopefully 20-25 mins.

Other guy is on,  I sent him a message.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Ill be on but about 15 mins late.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Awesome. This should be good times.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#45]
What are your PSN names?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Taking faces off in crucible if anyone wants to join  xbl  HammrSmashdFace
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Just finished a strike with one other person. We kill the boss, then nothing happens for a minute... we're just sitting there waiting for the game to recognize that we killed the boss. All of a sudden a 3rd person joins the strike, and then the mission end countdown begins.. he got credit for completing the mission and didn't even do anything! Then to top it off, he gets a Mote of Light and rare gauntlets as  mission rewards.

Talk about perfect timing.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Bought the PS4 Destiny Edition today. Been playing a bit, but we moved yesterday so still unpacking, should be one more when things settle down here.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Been getting lots of blue and purple Engram drops tonight.  Ranked up my cryptarch twice.  Of course have yet to get anything worth a crap.  Got a legendary helm for titan and warlock.  Would create new characters for them but don't want to do the story all over again twice.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Had a good weekend in destiny.  Bought my Sunseekers, was two coins shy of red death, got that, hit rank 3 with new monarchy and was awarded Purifier VII fusion rifle, then received Final Boss sniper rifle from a cryptarch level up. Just need to hit vault of glass for some class armor and shards to upgrade it all and I'm gonna be set.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top