[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be on in a few.
View Quote

Be about a quarter till for me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hit up LFG again last night for the raid. Had a pretty decent team, wiped once at the first boss, did the death zamboni in one try. I think we wiped once at Aksis phase 1 but could not get phase 2 done again. Most everyone was 365+ I am actually at 375 now on my hunter (due to Iron Banner) and was the highest light somehow but we just couldn't quite do it. We had him to a sliver once on the last phase. People kept making stupid mistakes and dying. Now that I get the mechanics I think this is very doable with a good team. The difference for me from 365 to 375 was huge. Much easier to stay alive.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I've hit a plateau at 361 light.  I've done 20 strikes.   I did Iron Banner.  Nothing budges it up. All my Legendary engrams decode at at least one LL  less than what I have, and I can't find a damn Ghost shell above 351 for love or glimmer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Use three of coins for exotics.

Last ditch, go to whatever faction you've pledged to, and throw motes or materials at them for rep to get faction packages.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've hit a plateau at 361 light.  I've done 20 strikes.   I did Iron Banner.  Nothing budges it up. All my Legendary engrams decode at at least one LL  less than what I have, and I can't find a damn Ghost shell above 351 for love or glimmer.

Last ditch, go to whatever faction you've pledged to, and throw motes or materials at them for rep to get faction packages.

Doing that got me from 300 to 353. Use strange coins to buy the heavy ammo synthesis consumables then donate to your faction.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:49:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been holding three exotics engrams for the  magical day I hit 365.   I've been getting FWC, Cryptarch, and Vanguard packages fairly regularly... same results - nothing better than what I have.  IB did land me some fairly good things, but nothing spectacular.

ETA - Broke the code! Cashed in the 3 Exotic engrams and infused those into my normal setup (not much of a change), then did the Nightfall and got a 365 blue ghost shell!  Now up to a consistent 364 light   Oddly, it didn't take my 3ofC particles, but I also didn't get an exotic engram out of it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Single phase Aksis kill.

4x GG Celestial Nighthawk Hunters

1x Nightstalker Hunter

1x Defender Titan with WoL

Utilizing empty plates to supercharge Guardians

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Single phase Aksis kill.

4x GG Celestial Nighthawk Hunters
1x Nightstalker Hunter
1x Defender Titan with WoL

Utilizing empty plates to supercharge Guardians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYyv_Fdjmns

Holy shit!

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#11]
THORN!

Time to finish the bounty later today

Edit: 365 Thorn
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
THORN!

Time to finish the bounty later today

Edit: 365 Thorn
View Quote

I've been working on the bounty the past few night. Not really in a hurry as it is garbage now either that or no one know how to shoot. Had a guy last night hit me 4-5 times and I didn't burn out and I wasn't running the damage over time artifact. I will also say I'm ok with not dying in 4 shots the gun was stupid in year 1.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd be down for a raid this evening if we have enough. I've got a buddy who is in as well. Really needing 1 more boss kill for OP but would be willing to run the whole thing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd be in for the raid. Still have yet to finish it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pffttt..

I have yet to start it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I realized today is thurs. I've got a ton to pack for my move so I'll be doing that instead. Good luck guys.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Pffttt..

I have yet to start it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pffttt..

I have yet to start it.

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'd be down for a raid this evening if we have enough. I've got a buddy who is in as well. Really needing 1 more boss kill for OP but would be willing to run the whole thing.
View Quote

I'm in. I need three boss kills.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I can raid tonight.  What time you guys thinking of starting?
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Me and my buddy will be on about 8 EST. If we can get Hammer and Cam on that should put us at 6.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Me and my buddy will be on about 8 EST. If we can get Hammer and Cam on that should put us at 6.
View Quote

Sounds good. I'll be on then.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be on shortly.  Lame Xbox update.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I went up over 2 points on my LL tonight. Just ran a few strikes, did some archons forge bounties and picked up a couple packages. Got a 365 ghost so the 354 finally went to the vault. Had a bunch of nice guns drop from as well. Overall, it was a great couple hours and I really had fun in the forge with a couple randoms.

ETA: If anyone hasn't run the nightfall this week I'd like to give it a shot tomorrow or Saturday night.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I went up over 2 points on my LL tonight. Just ran a few strikes, did some archons forge bounties and picked up a couple packages. Got a 365 ghost so the 354 finally went to the vault. Had a bunch of nice guns drop from as well. Overall, it was a great couple hours and I really had fun in the forge with a couple randoms.

ETA: If anyone hasn't run the nightfall this week I'd like to give it a shot tomorrow or Saturday night.
View Quote

I'm down for a nightfall tomorrow evening. Haven't done any this week.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 4:32:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, I should be on just send a message or invite.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 5:20:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Xur is by the Speaker.  He has the usual Y2 exotic armor and Treaspasser.

MK44 Stand Asides
Bones of Eao
Sunbreakers
Treaspasser

the usual stuff
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Umm, those are y3 guanlet engrams btw so buy buy buy and decode for higher light
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Xur is by the Speaker.  He has the usual Y2 exotic armor and Treaspasser.

MK44 Stand Asides
Bones of Eao
Sunbreakers
Treaspasser

the usual stuff
View Quote

According to Reddit, the exotic engram he's selling is an actual exotic engram, not the regular legacy engrams... people are getting 380+ light level exotics from it!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Umm, those are y3 guanlet engrams btw so buy buy buy and decode for higher light
View Quote

Came here to post this.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Came here to post this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came here to post this.

Guess having over 1000 strange coins may be useful
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#34]
If you care to nerd out on your stats here's an updated list of T12 vendor capable gear.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
  At first I didn't really care about the whole tier 12 thing, thought it was pointless and silly.
That is until I discovered DIM's item quality feature.
It's like a whole another game tweaking armor sets and stats. And it helped me clean out my inventory as a whole, trashing stuff that has bad rolls.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you care to nerd out on your stats here's an updated list of T12 vendor capable gear.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/57gnqc/t12_capable_vendor_items/

At first I didn't really care about the whole tier 12 thing, thought it was pointless and silly.
That is until I discovered DIM's item quality feature.
It's like a whole another game tweaking armor sets and stats. And it helped me clean out my inventory as a whole, trashing stuff that has bad rolls.

It's an entire game in itself. I wouldn't be messing with it if it weren't for DIM making it so easy. The T12 builder is a great tool to see what options you have when coming up with a setup. You can even "lock" pieces in place to come up with your ideal setup. For example if you know you are running a specific gauntlet, chest, and boots no matter what you can "lock" them and see what your T12 options are using your other gear. It has also made vault maintenance much easier being able to trash lower rated gear or something with garbage perks. I'm looking at you sidearm loader...

Edited to add an example. Regarding T12, we are talking about maximizing your stat splits (INT/DIS/STR). 12 bars is the highest at the moment and using certain rated armor can allow you to maximize your bars to your liking.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Per Bungie weekly update LL raised to 400 on Tuesday. Strike chests, Crucible, IB, Exotics etc will drop up to this light. Legendary engrams will go up to 385. Archons Forge and Heroic Strikes will drop up to 385. Ghosts and artifact drop rates increased and able to drop in AF.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Literally the first thing I do is look at the perks on the armor then it's right to dim to check the roll. I like to run a 2/5/5 split as supers are easy to build up and it's really nice having a grenade and melee ability every 25 sec.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#40]
I've been thinking about rolling less intellect, too.  Especially since I've been maining my hunter.  On gunslinger or blade dancer you can generate your super faster through perks or exotics, and in PvE I'm usually going to run nightstalker and be picking up everyone's orbs.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#41]
I need to give 2/5/5 a try and see if I can see any real difference in super charge time. I don't care much for nights taker grenades but it couldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I need to give 2/5/5 a try and see if I can see any real difference in super charge time. I don't care much for nights taker grenades but it couldn't hurt.
View Quote

Warlocks have the best grenades IMO -  all three subclasses have as good or better grenades available than any other class/subclass.  My favorite is the arc grenade with the perk that a kill recharges your melee, then a melee kill recharges your grenade.  You can go back and forth laying waste to all sorts of critters in PVE.  The void grenade with two seekers isn't shabby either.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I think Titans have the best grenades personally, but maybe it's because that's what I've played the most of. I do like skip grenades in PvP as well as scatter grenades with Nothing Manacles.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:03:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think Titans have the best grenades personally, but maybe it's because that's what I've played the most of. I do like skip grenades in PvP as well as scatter grenades with Nothing Manacles.
View Quote

+1  My titan's solar sticky grenades will turn mid flight to stick to someone's face.  99% of the time, unless someone just got a shield buff,  you get stuck you blow up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:20:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Fuck a titan that can stick me in the face with a grenade and fuck bungie for nerfing hunters trip mine
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Got to 369 last night thanks to lcoates and jdub. I feel like I'm ready to give the raid a shot again. I promise this time I won't play sunsinger and I didn't wake up at 3am so I won't fall asleep during the Aksis explanation.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Got to 369 last night thanks to lcoates and jdub. I feel like I'm ready to give the raid a shot again. I promise this time I won't play sunsinger and I didn't wake up at 3am so I won't fall asleep during the Aksis explanation.
View Quote

Up to 371 now, not with my preferred equipment but I suppose I could infuse.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top