Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
See you guys in a few days.  I'm off to the airport in an hour.

I'll leave you with something hilarious from today.  This is absolutely my favorite exotic weapon now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4VNJhcdjuI
View Quote

WANT ONE!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well? Least you'll rack those "Postmortem" medals quick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I got the Telesto fusion rifle from the nightfall. Sweet Jesus this thing is nice to the point that you can almost solo one of the massive taken world event bosses with it.

Almost no charge time, then a second or two later the guys are covered in 1k damage fireworks. Can't wait to try it in pvp when I get back

The problem with it in PvP is that it takes a second for the needles to explode - plenty of time for the asshole with the shotgun to stick it in your face and pull the trigger.

It works great for me in Crucible. I have been absolutely destroying people with it. However, out on the open maps, it is not as effective. For those maps, I use "The Jade Rabbit" with extreme prejudice.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I have been reading, you get the same quality of engrams (if there is such a thing) from the Vanguard playlist as you do from the heroic. So other than the heroic marks, no reason to do the heroic playlist.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It works great for me in Crucible. I have been absolutely destroying people with it. However, out on the open maps, it is not as effective. For those maps, I use "The Jade Rabbit" with extreme prejudice.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I got the Telesto fusion rifle from the nightfall. Sweet Jesus this thing is nice to the point that you can almost solo one of the massive taken world event bosses with it.

Almost no charge time, then a second or two later the guys are covered in 1k damage fireworks. Can't wait to try it in pvp when I get back

The problem with it in PvP is that it takes a second for the needles to explode - plenty of time for the asshole with the shotgun to stick it in your face and pull the trigger.

Seen the Jade Rabbit, but no clue on how to get my grubby hands on it. Is it one of those exclusive weapons you only get when you drop the big bucks on the game?
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Seen the Jade Rabbit, but no clue on how to get my grubby hands on it. Is it one of those exclusive weapons you only get when you drop the big bucks on the game?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think its just a random thing. I haven't heard of any quest line for it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From what I have been reading, you get the same quality of engrams (if there is such a thing) from the Vanguard playlist as you do from the heroic. So other than the heroic marks, no reason to do the heroic playlist.
View Quote

The heroic has a higher drop rate for strike specific rewards than the normal. That being said you can run a lot of normals quicker than heroics.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think its just a random thing. I haven't heard of any quest line for it.
View Quote

I know There's a quest, sponsored by Tex Mechanica, where you have to kill Guardians in the Crucible with the Tex Mechanica "Last Word" hand Cannon and you get a custom shotgun, designed by Amanda Holliday, the Tower Shipwright, named "The Chaperone".

Same shotgun seen in the live-action commercial for TKK.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#8]
It gives bonus agility as standard, precision kills boost damage and handling. Three precision kills in a row refunds two shells.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Jade rabbit is Playstation exculsive.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Jade rabbit is Playstation exculsive.
View Quote

Good for me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone on xbox up for helping me finish up the fears embrace on phobos? No headset the wife is asleep. I'm in the final room with the echo and just can't get it by myself. Un1baller on xbox

Eta : light level 260 and up is what it recommends.

Still there If anyone is up for it.

Nvm it sent me to orbit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:18:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Pulled from Reddit but worth a laugh.

I was reading that new Cabal grimoire card where they are talking about losses incurred to their patrols, and there's a funny section in there:
Blind Legion I Cohort/Century 3/Maniple 3 5 Squad [HEAVY INF] TASK: - defend Psion intelligence ops 071x146 OUTCOME: - overwhelmed by Guardian fireteam/Vex pressure. few survivors. survivors reported Guardians foraging for equipment, dancing, and performing acrobatics with light vehicles.
We are an immortal army of millions of magical soldiers hell bent on killing everything we see, and the whole time we are laughing, dancing, fucking around, making fun of each other, and pulling more ammunition out of thin air.
We kill gods between meals, we go into the most terrifying spaces with cavalier attitudes and crack jokes the whole time while slaughtering tens of thousands of creatures without even blinking an eye.
We ruthlessly hunt down the leadership of any coalition that our enemies form, as in the wolves of mars - the wolves are desperately trying to form some sort of organization and we single handedly murder anything even close to a leader
Damn.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 4:57:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got a couple more antiquated runes for the next time around we can get a group together, if y'all need a tier 3 Court for a quest or something.

Finished off the Boolean Gemini quest and played around with it a bit.  It's a workhorse weapon, doesn't really do anything flashy or fancy, but it will get the job done in most any circumstances I think.  I'm bringing it with me to the raid at least.
View Quote

I still need a tier 3, I won't be on much today though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Wouldn't mind trying a court maybe Thursday if anyone is game
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought I had until the Armsday reset on Wednesday to place orders with Banshee for a legendary gun - I guess I was wrong. I tried doing it last night and the list of legendary guns was gone.

Son of a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone on xbox up for helping me finish up the fears embrace on phobos? No headset the wife is asleep. I'm in the final room with the echo and just can't get it by myself. Un1baller on xbox

Eta : light level 260 and up is what it recommends.

Still there If anyone is up for it.

Nvm it sent me to orbit.
View Quote

Added you, if you want room add me I'm inflictedtag81 feel free to send me an invite anyone you need a hand.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I've got a couple more antiquated runes for the next time around we can get a group together, if y'all need a tier 3 Court for a quest or something.

Finished off the Boolean Gemini quest and played around with it a bit.  It's a workhorse weapon, doesn't really do anything flashy or fancy, but it will get the job done in most any circumstances I think.  I'm bringing it with me to the raid at least.
View Quote
Sorry about my chat issues.  I had to restart my xbox for my shits to work properly again.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Made it through the nightfall. Me, a 280 and a 250. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be with the 250, but we powered through it.

I got a Year 2 Last Word out of it and my light level is at 290 after I unlocked all the engrams and leveled things up. I also completed that quest and took the solar fusion rifle. While completing the Thorn bounty in year 1, I didn't do to bad in the crucible with fusion rifles, so maybe I can complete the jolly holiday quest a little easier without boosting using that fusion rifle.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#21]
We dabbled in the raid last night.  In an hour we were able to get to and kill the Warpriest.  Got a 308 Ghost and a 303 Sniper Rifle in the process.  Raid is awesome, jumping puzzles are a riot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you get your rune back from last night? I've seen a bunch of posts on reddit claiming they got the runes back when they failed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#23]
So for those stuck in light level 290's...

Apparently if you lower your light level to the low 280's, you'll get a better chance of decrypting 295+ gear from engrams. Bungie designed this so those in the 280's could get to the 290's quickly, while making those in the 290's slower to advance.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Apparently if you lower your light level to the low 280's, you'll get a better chance of decrypting 295+ gear from engrams. Bungie designed this so those in the 280's could get to the 290's quickly, while making those in the 290's slower to advance.
View Quote
Good to know.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#26]
FYI I was farming Scourge this morning with Three of Coins and they haven't patched it down yet... as far as I could tell. I had 5 of them left, and I got two engrams. Jade Rabbit and Alchemist's Raiment.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
FYI I was farming Scourge this morning with Three of Coins and they haven't patched it down yet... as far as I could tell. I had 5 of them left, and I got two engrams. Jade Rabbit and Alchemist's Raiment.
View Quote

Start saving those engrams.  Exotic engrams have a chance to decrypt at 310 only once you are light level 300.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, I wish I knew this a few days ago. Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Start saving those engrams.  Exotic engrams have a chance to decrypt at 310 only once you are light level 300.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh shit...
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've gotten like three of those things farming engrams. It's pretty sweet, I'd love to use it on a void burn heroic. I bet it'd wreck faces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
See you guys in a few days.  I'm off to the airport in an hour.

I'll leave you with something hilarious from today.  This is absolutely my favorite exotic weapon now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4VNJhcdjuI

WANT ONE!!!

I've gotten like three of those things farming engrams. It's pretty sweet, I'd love to use it on a void burn heroic. I bet it'd wreck faces.

Nightfall this week is void burn. Have fun!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Found a short guide for this weeks court of oryx tier 3 on reddit. Doesn't sound to tough to me.
Quoted:
This week's Tier 3 court of oryx boss is Thalnok, Fanatic of Crota! i just beat him a few times with a group of friends and figured others might appreciate the tips we picked up.

-Thalnok spawns at the rift with a Wizard on both sides, in the middle of the ground level a named swordbearer appears along with a lot of thrash mobs covering the area.
-The boss mechanics are almost similiar to Crota: the boss has a strong shield and becomes immune to all damage except for the sword relic if his shield is broken.
-The named swordbearer will drop the shield relic nessecary to whack Thalnok's HP away.
-The two wizards who accompagny him change up the encounter a little bit, while these two are still alive Thalnok's shield will refresh in short intervals, it's very hard to get it down this way so kill the Wizards quickly, like all hive wizards they have a solar shield so make sure some people on your team are carrying solar damage to break the shield quickly.
-Thalnok's vulnerability window is pretty short and you'll have usually get in 3 heavy attacks, after that back off because he will 1-hit you if you're still close when he gets up.
-The sword relic lasts long enough to get two vulnerability phases in if you work together, we never managed to get a third one before the sword ran out.
-After the sword runs out, all of his assets will respawn: the swordbearer, the two wizards and the thrash mobs.
-The sword's damage seemed to depend on the wielder's light level, our swordbearer was LL300

The sequence we followed was: kill the wizards, kill the sword guy, burst Thalnok's shield once the swordbearer is waiting on the stairs, whackwhackwhack, burst Thalnok's shield again, whackwhackwhack, back off and repeat. He took just a bit over 50% of his hp in damage each sequence so we only had to repeat once, but there's enough time for a good number of sequences so don't worry if you need an extra repeat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is interesting if true. I am at LL 286 right now.
The last 10-15 engrams I have decoded have been lower level junk. I wonder if I should take it down to 282 ish and try that instead.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The last 10-15 engrams I have decoded have been lower level junk. I wonder if I should take it down to 282 ish and try that instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure I believe it, but I'll definitely give it a shot.  My personal sample size is much too small, but I decrypted two items at LL 295 when I was in low 280s, and only one item at LL 292 since breaking 290.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm not sure I believe it, but I'll definitely give it a shot.  My personal sample size is much too small, but I decrypted two items at LL 295 when I was in low 280s, and only one item at LL 292 since breaking 290.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, if you read further down the thread, there are a lot of people saying it doesn't work for them.  I am 297, and have been getting a lot of mid 290s rare items since I broke 290, and a bunch of mixed 260-280s junk.  I think it is just RNG playing its game.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Hall of Souls Chest Cheese

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hall of Souls Chest Cheese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StiWua4rruA
View Quote

Good stuff. Gotta finish the quest to get my sword now
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Finished the New Monarchy faction quest for the exotic class item. Made a video showing the spawn "effect" it creates.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Got the Chaperone today, and it's a little underwhelming.  It is quite powerful while the buff is active (damage +36%, range +40%, reloads much faster), but nothing special otherwise.  The buff is activated by a precision kill from any weapon, not just the Chaperone, itself, and lasts for 8 seconds (refreshing on precision kills), but it's still not easy to keep it up.

To me, the biggest downside is that it does Solar damage - the same as Invective.

Here's how they stack up:

I don't see this shotgun being a good choice if you have many other exotic weapons to choose from.

It would be much more viable if two things were changed:
1) Arc or Void damage, not Solar
2) If it required 3 precision hits rather than kills to return 2 shells to the chamber - or just 3 kills (don't have to be precision)
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#40]
You're missing the biggest incentive. The magazine refills with precision kills. I read on Reddit today that those precision kills can come from any weapon so long as you have it equipped. Unlimited special for this thing. While invective regenerates, this has the opportunity to do it much faster.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Got to get my hands on a Level 280 Last Word, so I can complete that bounty.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You're missing the biggest incentive. The magazine refills with precision kills. I read on Reddit today that those precision kills can come from any weapon so long as you have it equipped. Unlimited special for this thing. While invective regenerates, this has the opportunity to do it much faster.
View Quote

The ammo regeneration is worse than Invective.  

- you need 4 precision kills (1st for buff, then 3 to regenerate ammo) and only get two rounds back.  
- the last 3 kills have to be very fast, and you must begin within 8 seconds of receiving the buff
- the first kill to get the buff can be with any weapon, but the next 3 must be with the Chaperone - I tested this a dozen times on the Siege of the Warmind mission where the charging thralls make it easy to get the precision kills.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I actually really like it. This. After using it a bunch tonight I have it almost fully ranked up. I never used invective much cause it never really wowed me. The stability on this gun is amazing. This would never replace one of my primaries but will screw with it a lot. And yes I can confirm that at the moment the precision kills can come from anything.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:00:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Alet Alet! Today's daily heroic mission apparently has a side mission within, and someone completed it earning them this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3m1syo/spoilerlost_to_light_todays_daily_has_a_special/

Edit: Confirmed. Completing this special daily gives you that exotic sniper automatically.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Alet Alet! Today's daily heroic mission apparently has a side mission within, and someone completed it earning them this:

http://i.imgur.com/dkYLuJl.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3m1syo/spoilerlost_to_light_todays_daily_has_a_special/

Edit: Confirmed. Completing this special daily gives you that exotic sniper automatically.
View Quote
Nice!

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#47]
I just came here to post this. This is my goal in life for today.
ETA: Sounds like it will be easier to do with 2-3 people, if some people will help me do it, I can turn around and help others. I have had issues bringing down Ultra bosses the last week or so and I believe this is a timed thing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
ETA: Sounds like it will be easier to do with 2-3 people, if some people will help me do it, I can turn around and help others. I have had issues bringing down Ultra bosses the last week or so and I believe this is a timed thing.
View Quote

10 minutes.  Once the timer starts, you have to kill every single mob or the doors will not open, so don't try to speed run through the rooms without killing stuff.

You can also rebuy it from kiosk for 1 exotic shard and 2500 glimmer so you can infuse it with lower level stuff over and over.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just tried it with a 3 person team, all were 290+. We weren't even close to beating the boss when the timer ran out
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I just tried it with a 3 person team, all were 290+. We weren't even close to beating the boss when the timer ran out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow... really? That sucks... I got no chance then.
EDIT- there is a strategy on the Reddit thread that you should try...
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top