Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#1]
All right guys, help me out.  Why did we keep failing it last night?  I can understand if we have someone down, but we failed several times with all 6 up.  I think I heard there were 7 nodes in the multi phase, I was typically knocking down 3 at that stage and we had 3 bomb throwers...  Or did we actually have someone down and I just didn't realize it?  Sorry I had to drop off, but I feel like crap when I get up with only 5 hours sleep.

I did switch to scout early in the raid and it did pretty well, especially on the shanks.  I may do some testing in the cosmodrome comparing damage at distance between the ARI-45 and a comparable light level scout.  I really like the ARI-45.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've seen some REALLY good Cryptic Dragon rolls. Plenty of Crowd Control, Reactive Reload, Outlaw, Firefly, Explosive Round combination rolls. It's almost hard to get a bad roll on one.

Agreed on Distant Star. Just takes too many hits to kill enemies. I like it when a single crit or maybe 2 bodies takes an enemy out.

All this talk makes me want to pull the Hung Jury out tonight for old time's sake.
View Quote
I keep mine locked so that I don't delete it!

Any of you guys still playing on PS4????

I think I can slip 3 ish hours in at night time between the 8pm and 12 am  bottles. (I take the first shift, the wif takes the rest.)  I got some crucible in last night, finished a few of the weapons bounties, don't want anyone to freak out ,but I got a boat load of nothing.

I switched from shotguns to fusions and sidearms awhile back for crucible, and i just absolutely suck with a shotgun now.....2 matches with a universal remote/conspiracy theory D combo and i'm not even half way through that weapons bounty.....
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I finally got Husk of the Pit (actually 2 of them) last night messing around with my nephew.  Where's the best place to farm thrall?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
All right guys, help me out.  Why did we keep failing it last night?  I can understand if we have someone down, but we failed several times with all 6 up.  I think I heard there were 7 nodes in the multi phase, I was typically knocking down 3 at that stage and we had 3 bomb throwers...  Or did we actually have someone down and I just didn't realize it?  Sorry I had to drop off, but I feel like crap when I get up with only 5 hours sleep.

I did switch to scout early in the raid and it did pretty well, especially on the shanks.  I may do some testing in the cosmodrome comparing damage at distance between the ARI-45 and a comparable light level scout.  I really like the ARI-45.  
View Quote
A couple of times we had 1 or 2 go down which makes the fight much harder. Guys are having to cover multiple bomb locations or juggle cannons all while keeping an eye on those turrets. I think the last 2 attempts we missed a bomb or two or ran out of time. I think there's a clock running in the background. When captains go down at different times or servitors taken out relatively far apart you start having to "wait" on the next servitor to come out. Captains and servitors need to go down relatively quickly and within reasonable time of each other to keep things moving.

You got a good taste of how HM differs from NM. Hard mode shows you how important it is to prioritize staying alive and using solid communication. You really feel the pain when you lose somebody. It's not impossible but it certainly ups the ante. Overall through that was a pretty good raid run. I saw improvement every round which is always a good sign.

Get that Ex Machina sniper leveled up as it is an absolute beast. Keep looking for a good scout roll too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I finally got Husk of the Pit (actually 2 of them) last night messing around with my nephew.  Where's the best place to farm thrall?
View Quote
As Quintin mentioned "The Dark Beyond" or "Siege of the Warmind". You can kill waves of thrall and die to pickup at the checkpoint.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Way back when I did it oringally, i did t on t "The wakening."  You go in and get to the room with the shreiker in it.  Clear all enemies.  The door on the far side will have 6 or so exploder thrall coming through it about that time.  Don't go through the door.  Stand in the room and face the door, there's a big rock you can stand next to.  Every few seconds the exploder thrall will spawn, kill one and get the kill for all of them from the explosion.  You kind of have to wait till they get close b/c husk has horrible recoil, but unless things have changed, this wasn't too bad.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Way back when I did it oringally, i did t on t "The wakening."  You go in and get to the room with the shreiker in it.  Clear all enemies.  The door on the far side will have 6 or so exploder thrall coming through it about that time.  Don't go through the door.  Stand in the room and face the door, there's a big rock you can stand next to.  Every few seconds the exploder thrall will spawn, kill one and get the kill for all of them from the explosion.  You kind of have to wait till they get close b/c husk has horrible recoil, but unless things have changed, this wasn't too bad.
View Quote
I used it in the Summoning Pits strike last night.  The recoil is awful, but it's useable for PvE.  I kept the 2nd one to use in PvP some time simply because I want someone to see on their screen that they were killed with the Husk of the Pit...lol.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I haven't logged into my PS4 account in a few months. I might get on this weekend to have some fun with the crucible matchmaking. 

The only weapon bounties I do now are hand cannon, scout and pulse rifles, and sidearms. Don't really care about anything else TBH. 
View Quote
I've been playing on my PS4 over the last week or so. Just trying to get one character up to 400. Think I'm at 391. It's been slow going since I'm relying on vanguard and faction packages, and using the occasional skeleton key. I had been running the forge, and got some decent drops.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've been playing on my PS4 over the last week or so. Just trying to get one character up to 400. Think I'm at 391. It's been slow going since I'm relying on vanguard and faction packages, and using the occasional skeleton key. I had been running the forge, and got some decent drops.
View Quote
Add me BenReiiiy    <- It will look like BenReilly, but apparently 20 years ago when i made it, the "L"s were already taken....

If you see me on I'd be more than happy to run whatever with you.  I'm just going to be on "finish the record books" duty, in between get the baby a bottle duty!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The timing is very tight on the third phase. There's seven targets total, and you have to balance hitting targets quickly without getting mauled by the turrets. 

View Quote
So if you're standing where Aksis is, facing him (away from spawn), there are nodes at 3 and 9 oclock on the walls.  Nodes at 4, 5, 7, and 8 oclock on the center pedestal, then I assume one at 6 oclock on the pedestal?  I was focusing on 3, 4, and 5.  Towards the end, I started taking out 3 first, because I figured it was the furthest from everyone else.  Now I'm wondering if I should take out 4 first, because it's only visible from far right, and I'm the only thrower there.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So if you're standing where Aksis is, facing him (away from spawn), there are nodes at 3 and 9 oclock on the walls.  Nodes at 4, 5, 7, and 8 oclock on the center pedestal, then I assume one at 6 oclock on the pedestal?  I was focusing on 3, 4, and 5.  Towards the end, I started taking out 3 first, because I figured it was the furthest from everyone else.  Now I'm wondering if I should take out 4 first, because it's only visible from far right, and I'm the only thrower there.  Thoughts?
View Quote
I think working from the outer most to inside is the best bet. In case one is botched towards the end (which is usually where it happens) this gives a better chance for a middle thrower to move to slightly to the left or right and hit the target on the center pedestal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think working from the outer most to inside is the best bet. In case one is botched towards the end (which is usually where it happens) this gives a better chance for a middle thrower to move to slightly to the left or right and hit the target on the center pedestal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  The wall target is sort of the low-hanging fruit... you can get close and not have to worry about charge trajectory on your throw, and you probably won't have many (if any) residual adds early on.  Also helps if those turrets are kept well suppressed, and if you're carrying the charge, you can't shoot them yourself, so the cannon guys have to help out on that.  Of course in the third round, the cannon guys are pretty damn busy running all over the map to get a shot on their servitor.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Got on for a little bit and decrypted a Mida Multi-Tool. Seems like it was popular in year 1.  Perks dont look great to me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got on for a little bit and decrypted a Mida Multi-Tool. Seems like it was popular in year 1.  Perks dont look great to me.
View Quote
It might not look it on paper, but fully upgraded it is a bit of a beast.  Hits like a ton of bricks, makes you move faster, have radar, and shoots faster than the archetype, but only after upgrading.  Very solid all around scout rifle.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Great scout rifle for PVP.  In year 1 and 2 is was darn good for PVE - especially for those of us who didn't get Gjallarhorn until Xur sold it right near the end of Year 2 and didn't have to worry about taking up the exotic weapon slot, but I think it has been eclipsed by a number of Legendary scout rifles and the Adept/elemental scout rifles from raids for PVE.  Still worth the motes to level it up though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Mida is great but I use it exclusively in the Crucible. It's a very basic gun but has a nice set of perks that aren't groundbreaking but improve your game in a couple of areas.

For PVE there are more useful perks out there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Nightstalker + Bones of Eao + MIDA speed boost is ridiculously fun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nightstalker + Bones of Eao + MIDA speed boost is ridiculously fun.
View Quote
Make those Frostees with Memory of Felwinter.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#26]
E3 stuff about D2:
Italics are Luke Smith quotes

-in game map to find stuff with tracking on world events, etc.
-fast travel options to unlock
-guided games are available only for normal modes, not heroic/challenge modes
-lost sectors are areas to find and unlock outside the regular map
-we have an event class that we call Silent, which is basically when a bunch of monsters show up and start doing stuff, we have more of those.
-each week we have an activity called a Flashpoint, which we haven’t talked about really, yet. But the Flashpoint is basically like a featured destination, a featured location. And then there’s a whole class of stuff that shows up when it’s the Flashpoint. So that’s unique, treasure maps to go find, special monsters that show up
-no private crucible at launch
-Titan Sentinel can be a bubble bro
-Sunsinger revive is dead.
-The Darkness is not part of the story in D2
-new weapon type: Linear Fusion Rifle.  Think of it like a legendary version of Sleeper/Queensbreaker
-SOME exotics are coming back.  Last Word was an example.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looks like I'll go Titan this go around
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll likely still go Warlock because nova bomb is my bae   We'll see how it's changed in the beta though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll likely still go Warlock because nova bomb is my bae   We'll see how it's changed in the beta though.
View Quote
Lock was my go to class in Destiny, then I started liking Titan as I got to higher levels. Never really got into hunter, even though it was my first class to hit max level.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Self Res ended up being used in a way that wasn't intended. Warlocks sitting on charged supers during a raid doesn't contribute much to the fireteam. It became a mulligan which didn't make it very fun.

D2 is also restructuring death penalties for Heroic raids. I believe they are trying to avoid the whole "let's wipe" mentaility when things go south. Also makes sense with the new guided games system. Why would you pick up a noob if a death was not recoverable?

Will be interesting to see how all this is integrated.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Do Xur's legacy exotic engrams only go to 170 light?  So I'd have to get lucky on getting something I want, then go buy the year 3 from the kiosk?

There's so much old information on the web about Destiny, it's often hard to find current answers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do Xur's legacy exotic engrams only go to 170 light?  So I'd have to get lucky on getting something I want, then go buy the year 3 from the kiosk?

There's so much old information on the web about Destiny, it's often hard to find current answers.
View Quote
They only go 170.

However, you have a greatly increased chance to get an exotic that you don't already have from year 1.
Keep in mind that a few exotics were tied to quests, or dropped from activities only.. so those would not drop from the engrams. (POE weapons, Thorn, Invective, Mythoclast... etc)
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, legacy engram = year 1 light level.  You can take a year 1 exotic and buy a year 3 version at the kiosk with legendary marks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Are we going to try to finish hard mode raid tonight?  I should be able to start 730-800 or so.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm in tonight if needed
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Are we going to try to finish hard mode raid tonight?  I should be able to start 730-800 or so.
View Quote
Yup!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#39]
The FWC scout this week has extended mag, triple tap, hidden hand. Pretty solid roll.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'll be on this evening for whatever. Probably around 6-7. 
View Quote
does this include trials?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#43]
I am not down for another wrath. Need a break from that.  I'll jump in on any of the other raids tho. Especially Crota as I just got a 349 husk.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll be on if you guys need me.  Gotta duck out around 1am EST to go take photos, but beyond that my schedule is clear as of right now.  I'm finally getting to bed at 11am, so I'll hopefully check back in in 4 hours or so.

Btw, if I could get a group together to do 2 suicide things on Trials, I'd appreciate it.  Need to fill 2 more to get the checkoff for my triumphs book.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'll be on if you guys need me.  Gotta duck out around 1am EST to go take photos, but beyond that my schedule is clear as of right now.  I'm finally getting to bed at 11am, so I'll hopefully check back in in 4 hours or so.

Btw, if I could get a group together to do 2 suicide things on Trials, I'd appreciate it.  Need to fill 2 more to get the checkoff for my triumphs book.
View Quote
Shout when you're ready.  

I'd be happy to help with Trials suicides too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#47]
I still haven't managed to get to bed yet. Going on 55+ hours without sleep. Trying to crash for 3 hours before I have to go out. 
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Burned two skelly keys on shield brothers strikes.  Got a Treads Upon Stars with explosive rounds and crowd control.
Is good, yes?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#50]
My wife and I got to the last part of the OBP quest today. If any of yall will be around for another raid tonight, we'd really appreciate it. Thanks for the help earlier this week too.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top