BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
30fps locked on consoles...

vs

unlocked framerate, 4k, 21:9 support, text chat, and a fov slider on pc... I'm happy they basically made the platform choice for me
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well....it's Bungie so...
View Quote
I didn't think D1 seemed very Halo-esque but what I've seen so far in D2 looked very ODST/Halo like. It had a darker, grittier look and the HUD looks straight Halo.

Interesting that Crucible is 4v4 now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are all game modes 4v4?  I can't really believe they'd do that across the board. Maybe if there's a competitive ranked playlist, like league play in Blops 2, but fours for the regular crucible playlist?
View Quote
As I understand now, yes. Even Trials.

There is an embargo on footage until this evening so we can get a look at Crucible footage later tonight/tomorrow.

They also added a LFG feature where solo players can join clans for Nightfalls and Raids. These are "guided" events.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As I understand now, yes. Even Trials.

There is an embargo on footage until this evening so we can get a look at Crucible footage later tonight/tomorrow.

They also added a LFG feature where solo players can join clans for Nightfalls and Raids. These are "guided" events.
View Quote
Kinda defeats the purpose of clans, IMO.  Sounded to me like anybody can join any clan they want.  Guess we'll see how it works out in practice.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The frame rate lock on consoles is interesting. 

It probably means the competitive scene is really gonna be mainly PC. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The frame rate lock on consoles is interesting. 

It probably means the competitive scene is really gonna be mainly PC. 
The 30fps cap is to save processing for other backend stuff they are putting in.  I know they were talking a global weather system a while back, but no idea if they got it working.  At least that's what I heard in my usual places.  Sometimes good info, other times not, so grain of salt.  I think I saw traces of one in the gameplay footage, but the clips were so short, that I can't say for sure.  Only a couple of weeks to the beta though, so it'll be interesting.  I've heard dates in mid June or early July for the beta and a 10 day run for it.

Quoted:
Kinda defeats the purpose of clans, IMO.  Sounded to me like anybody can join any clan they want.  Guess we'll see how it works out in practice.
The clans will be closed unless you want it open.  You can just set your party to accept randoms for content if you need to fill spots.  Not sure if it'll be a global or a 'per event' basis though
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Weird double post.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Things that were talked about during the show, with my comments in red.  

-PC only available on Blizzard's Battle.net service Activision is trying to compete with Origin and Steam, and since Blizzard has Battle.net already set up for their stuff, it makes sense.
-lots, and I mean LOTS of new weapons and types.  Subguns, grenade launchers, pulse cannons, miniguns, etc.
-weapons slots are getting mixed up to 3 categories.  Kinetic, Energy, and Power.  Basically exactly how it sounds.  Any weapon with no burn, any weapon with burn, then 'power' weapons are any heavy, snipers, fusions, pulse cannons,etc  BUT the minigun they showed was under Energy, so YMMV.
-unsure of weapon upgrade trees at this point, BUT you can add modifiers to weapons.  Not sure if abilities or perks though.
-new PVP mode, Countdown, which is a 'carry the bomb into the enemy base' type.  I've heard rumors of others, but nothing solid yet.
-European Dead Zone is going to be fuckmassive.  I've heard between 3-4x the size of Old Russia.  Not sure if this includes the ROI areas though.  
-the new map is awesome.  Shows event timers, etc
-no going to orbit unless you want to
-more player controlled vehicles, including a tank
-LOTS of backstory coming in, including major characters like Zavala Click To View Spoiler
-AI characters EDZ, not sure in other zones but likely.  They'll have quests, talk, etc.  Rumors of a radiant quest system, but can't confirm.
-classes get another special ability.  Not entirely sure on specifics though.  Titans can drop different types of cover like a bubble or short wall without defender bonuses.  Warlock has a buff or damage AOE.  Hunter hasn't been shown yet
-Fallen, Vex, Cabal, and Hive are in the game in some form or another.
-Xbox and PC are getting fucked on exclusives again.  Year lockout for Sony, but anyone could have called that when Luke Smith was sucking their cock on stage.
-Collectors edition owners are getting an exclusive emote set and legendary sword.  Unsure on limited edition extra goodies.
-the named folks in the tower are going to be involved in the story somehow.  Not sure if this includes FWC, DO, NM, but likely as Shax and Saladin are confirmed in story as well.
-way more cutscenes.  They actually want to tell a story this time.
-selectable landing zones.  Not sure if you can freely pick or have to discover them.
-*likely* return to the dreadnought for something.  Not sure if patrol or mission though.
-some emotes and cosmetics are going forward.  People that complete record books are getting goodies at launch if completed by a certain date.
-old classes likely coming back as well.  (Golden gun was in the trailer)
-Patrols are up to 9 player now
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]
So it looks like some sort of weather system was implemented.  Not sure if it is a global/dynamic or fixed though.  The graphics engine has been heavily tweaked for current gen systems though.  Way better facial textures, although armor and guns look like they haven't had an optimization pass yet.  Makes sense since facial animation is harder to optimize, so do it first.

Oh, and D1 characters are getting imported into D2.  Not sure if you can tweak, but likely.
Titan shield looks like they wanted to give Defender an offensive attack as well.  Can directionally shield damage or do offense.
Not sure if it's an ability or button press, but you can end your jump and slam down without doing damage to cut your jump short.  Unsure if player takes damage though.
Big blue Vex aesthetics look familiar? 

Destiny 2 Gameplay - First Campaign Mission "Homecoming"

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#12]
So after some thought, I'm honestly thinking that Defender, Arcblade, and Sunsinger won't be coming back, with these being their replacements.  Namely because they were the least used (statistically) subclasses in most things.

The new titan void class can directionally bubble and give buffs or cover, but has an offensive attack as well.
Sunsinger was held for clutch moments and never really used unless you were bored.  No real offensive attack other than grenades as well.  
Bladedancer was nerfed into oblivion and had a lot of issues.  The staff looks like they move slower but have a longer reach IMO.  Likely has an AOE and direct hit attack like the other two.

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#15]
-Gunslinger and Stryker are confirmed from the gameplay test today.  Warlock classes other than the Dawnblade were locked out, so no idea on Voidwalker.  Hope they're coming back, as that was my favorite.
-Exotics are getting stranger, but hopefully they won't be handed out like candy.  One I've seen is called Riskrunner, mid impact/stability SMG with 40rd mags and 750 RPM, but has a high chance of shooting chain lightning if you take arc damage.  Sweet Business is an autorifle that the longer you fire, the more range and ROF it gets, plus any ammo you pick up is automatically loaded into the magazine.  Sunspot is a Fatebringerish solar hand cannon that makes stuff explode.
-Supposedly Exotics are going to be harder to get to actually make them exotic.  Lots of them planned as well.
-Cover has been implemented better than before.  The titan barricade automatically reloads weapons when ducking behind it or gets way bigger depending on choices.  Stryker appears basically the same otherwise.  Fist of havoc is shorter ranged (like a 12 foot leap) but you can get 2-3 pounds out of it while your super meter runs down.
-All hunters have a BB dodge that'll either reload guns or generate melee energy.  Otherwise largely unchanged.  
-There is a P90 lookalike that is arc energy.
-AI characters are included.  Not sure if Rasputin is in the game but one called Failsafe is in the strike they released today.
-Apparently miniguns (unless they are special) fall under Kinetic and can be a primary weapon.  They ramp up ROF as they fire.  Unsure if overheat mechanic is used or just running out of ammo, but the barrels glow when fired.
-Subclass trees and options are pared down to the essentials.  Basically your grenade, jump, melee, super options, and special move selections are it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#16]
PS exclusives again kind of sucks, but everything else looks badass.  The new teaser trailers are awesome.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:08:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:12:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How do figure those classes are the least used?

Defender certainly isn't for PVE, I'd argue out of all the titan subclasses it's probably the most used for PVE. Likewise with warlocks, especially because of self res in high level PVE and PVP. 
View Quote
Agreed. A Bubble is always a welcome addition to end game. MAYBE the occasional Striker for something like Aksis for Captain control which is a niche use. And if your're running Hammers...no unless we are utilizing Melting Point which is another very niche use.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:03:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Agreed. A Bubble is always a welcome addition to end game. MAYBE the occasional Striker for something like Aksis for Captain control which is a niche use. And if your're running Hammers...no unless we are utilizing Melting Point which is another very niche use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do figure those classes are the least used?

Defender certainly isn't for PVE, I'd argue out of all the titan subclasses it's probably the most used for PVE. Likewise with warlocks, especially because of self res in high level PVE and PVP. 
No real dps output other than their grenades or damage bonus.  In D2, the warlocks can buff and titans make cover though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A 33% damage bonus across all members of the fireteam is huge, more so than most individual supers IMO.  There ain't but one super currently in the game that offers significant single target DPS, and it requires an exotic armor piece to do it.  Every other super in the game sucks as far as raw DPS is considered.

With their respective elements, I suppose it's possible that bladedancer/defender/sunsinger are being replaced by arc strider/sentinel/dawnblade.  

Bladedancer and arc strider, meh, both seems redundant of each other being fast melee based arc attacks, bladedancer can eat shit and die as far as I'm concerned with where the subclass is today.  

I would be disappointed if defender went away, it is hands down the best overall team oriented support subclass in the game, but then again we don't know what all capabilities a sentinel titan will have, along with the damage boost/healing auras available to the warlock.  

And I'd be totally okay with sunsinger going away, sunsinger can GTFO of the game solely on the basis of spite and malice for me.  It's not really competitive in PVP, passives suck, super sucks, grenades except fusions suck, it's a hindrance in most high level PVE offering no real team oriented boosts or skills, no real ad control capabilities, except maybe solar grenades against garbage enemies that could just be primaried to death.  Dawnblade seems to solve a lot of those issues, giving the solar class warlock real offensive capabilities.

Along with that, who knows how exactly the remaining subclasses will return, or if they'll return at all?  Maybe we'll get additional new subclasses with future DLC?  Only time will tell.
View Quote
There was an interview somewhere, I can't find it because I'm at work, but they're bringing old classes back. The way I understand it is that sentinel will replace defender titan, dawnblade replaces sunsinger, and arcstrider replaces blade dancer. The rest of the classes look to have changes but will be more or less in tact.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I played Sunsinger in IB last week. Boy did it suck in Mayhem. It's the only subclass I don't have fully leveled, so I have been trying to finish it up and play it almost all the time. Not a fan at all...hence the reason it hasn't been leveled.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I played a good bit of sunsinger recently for the Age of Triumph warlock subclass quest.  I haven't really messed with the class in PVP since its glory days, when scorch melee/flame shield and firebolt grenades with touch of flame were crazy-over-the-top good.

The subclass is not in a good place right now for the crucible.  That subclass quest, for the radiance multi kills, so frustrating.
View Quote
I did the same.  It. Was. Painful.  If it hadn't been for Mayhem Clash, that one would have taken forever to get done.  As it was it was very time consuming trying to get 30 solar grenade multikills
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone want to do the raid later today?  Doesn't have to be challenge mode.  I have an Aksis 2 checkpoint, but would love to do a complete run on one of my guys.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm up to 338 light and will be on 830ish.  Strikes, low level raid, whatever. Might have a non-arf friend with me
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm sure I'll be on before the end of the night doing something on a Sunsinger
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Will likely be on in a few.  If I'm not on Destiny and we're getting the gang together, toss me a message.  Will likely be in Prey or Andromeda.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you can make it to 380+, we can probably get you through the 390 raids and hopefully get you some good stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm up to 338 light and will be on 830ish.  Strikes, low level raid, whatever. Might have a non-arf friend with me
If you can make it to 380+, we can probably get you through the 390 raids and hopefully get you some good stuff.
Yup.  I'd be in for hauling a meatshield... er... lowbie around a few raids   Remember if you have legendary marks, the vendor gear is 380 or 390 now.  Can't remember which.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:47:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Apparently I missed a bit on the Stryker.  New perk for it.  The longer you are in the air before your Fist of Havoc hits, the more damage it does.  Interdasting.  Oh, and what the Deluxe and Collector's edition in game goodies are. Sword, emote, and icon.

Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Roger that. I hit 357 last night. Should be able to buy another piece of 380 vendor gear today. I'm running all three chars thru public events for marks and drops.   Trying to level my titan to 40 also (36 now).
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Roger that. I hit 357 last night. Should be able to buy another piece of 380 vendor gear today. I'm running all three chars thru public events for marks and drops.   Trying to level my titan to 40 also (36 now).
View Quote
Strikes are your best bet. Decrypt your lowest LL items and equip one at a time. If you get some Skeletons keys go pull the chest from the particular strike that rewards that item.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Oh that's something I haven't done in forever. I'd be down for a forge as well. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd be in. Other than running to the post office in an hour, I have nothing going on today. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#42]
375 light now.  Won't be on much at all this week.  Used a skeleton key to get Will Not Bow auto rifle.
What is the max light level gear I can get from strikes?  When do I need to transition to higher payout game modes?
Ran several 320 light strikes and they were difficult but manageable.  The ads on Omnigul just got crazy.
What's my best option for upgrading my artifact, which is only 365?
Should I start saving legendary engrams and not decrypt until I'm at or near 400?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
375 light now.  Won't be on much at all this week.  Used a skeleton key to get Will Not Bow auto rifle.
What is the max light level gear I can get from strikes?  When do I need to transition to higher payout game modes?
Ran several 320 light strikes and they were difficult but manageable.  The ads on Omnigul just got crazy.
What's my best option for upgrading my artifact, which is only 365?
Should I start saving legendary engrams and not decrypt until I'm at or near 400?
View Quote
Blues I think now drop up to 385 or at least the ones that drop from the boss. If I were you I'd grind nothing but strikes for a few hours. You should be able to hold your own in the Heroics which are 350 LL. Equip the blues as you go slowly inching up the LL. Make sure you are pledged to a faction: FWC, DO, or NM. I'd recommend FWC as I believe they have the best weapons. Faction rank up packages and Vanguard rank up packages can hit 400 LL gear. A Vanguard booster may not be a bad idea to be using during Strikes for increased rep. Choose whatever package is holding back your lowest LL: weapons or armor. I'd save the Skeleton keys you get (note that you can hold 5 at a time but you can also vault them). Skeleton Keys are a guaranteed drop from a chest for Strike specific loot. You can launch the 320 light difficulty strike from the director and play the exact strike you want. Ffor example if you need a helmet run the Blighted Chalice strike as the chest gives a hunter helmet which can be infused into your helmet. If you need a special run Winter's Run and get the Stolen Will shotgun. A primary run Cerberus Vae for Treads Upon Stars. You can look up the strike specific loot so you don't waste your keys playing the lotto on random strikes. The chests can also drop class items and artifacts that go up to 400. Boots and a chest piece can be a challenge as they are not in any Skeleton key chests. Buying 3 of Coins from Xur on the weekends and using them during your strikes can help get exotic engrams which also boost the LL. Archon's Forge can also drop 400 LL gear for ghosts, artifacts, class items, and some armor pieces.

At 375 we could run you through a NM Wrath raid which drops up to 385. At 380+ you would be ready for a Crota run which is this week's raid and can drop some higher gear.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:52:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Won't be on tonight, unless the wife crashes early.  Due to work schedules, I'll pretty much be one week on gaming, one week off.  This is my off week.
Thanks tho!

Strategy question:  back in year 1 I always tried to use supers and grenades on bosses, but it seems like ad control is a much better use of nova bomb and nades now.  Agree/disagree?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Won't be on tonight, unless the wife crashes early.  Due to work schedules, I'll pretty much be one week on gaming, one week off.  This is my off week.
Thanks tho!

Strategy question:  back in year 1 I always tried to use supers and grenades on bosses, but it seems like ad control is a much better use of nova bomb and nades now.  Agree/disagree?
View Quote
It depends. On a burn week in the Nightfall or strikes it may be easier/more efficient to use a matching super to burn the boss extremely fast. Most of the time though it's overwhelming adds that kill you so staying alive is priority number one. This is especially true in the 390 raids where no revive is available. In high end PVE content supers should be used regularly. Nobody benefits from supers being held for the "right" moment. Making the fight easier, safer, and generating orbs to chain more supers is far more important than saving that bubble or tether for a little extra boss DPS.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#48]
I want to switch to PC.  But I'm sticking with the PS4 because of these 3 key points.

1. Console games just work.  I sit down, start the game and say good by to reality.  There is no messing with drivers, antivirus, or pc related issues.
2. Hacking local files or using exploits on the PC.  If Bungie doesn't have a solid contingency plan for pc cheaters it will ruin the game on that platform.
3. My core gaming group is staying on the PS4.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#50]
I still resent Blizzard for the cluster they turned Diablo II into.  Immunities??? Whose idea was that?
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top