Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quintin - Did you guys get kicked when the Bungie servers went down last night?  Clutch, Rickety, and I were farming a strike for Husk of the Pit upgrades when it happened and we pictured you guys with Atheon "a RCH from dead" and having an epic meltdown.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No. I think most of us called it a night around 9PM. We made a couple attempts at Templar that didn't go so well, and that was that. 
View Quote
Good.

We were only farming and I was pissed. I could only imagine a raid crash..
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:56:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh, and as a relic runner at Templar, consider using Jolder's artifact. I died a few times to sprint lock trying to get to a teleport or run away from damage. Jolder's will help minimize that, cause you're gonna be doing a lot of running. 
View Quote
Great job running Relic. Imagine it's sweaty as hell.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Decent guide for Atheon challenge.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/63mtvi/spoiler_best_atheon_challenge_mode_strategy_full/
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Great job running Relic. Imagine it's sweaty as hell.
View Quote
I honestly love running the relic and hate not doing it. I love the pressure. A fireteam with sleeper can one cycle atheon.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Decent guide for Atheon challenge.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/63mtvi/spoiler_best_atheon_challenge_mode_strategy_full/
View Quote
Sounds good. I think we were so worn by the time we got to Atheon we were out of gas and it was getting late. A fresh crack at him and I expect things to go well.

I'm still jealous of Cam pulling VOC and Fatebringer...
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I honestly love running the relic and hate not doing it. I love the pressure. A fireteam with sleeper can one cycle atheon.
View Quote
So where were you then last night?

We ran the strategy where the relic runner covers both sides by himself. It was only a wipe if a teleport was missed. Serious pressure on the runner as he is going back and forth between the teleport locations with not much room for error. The other 5 guys are chilling in the spawn area chaining supers and going nuts with heavy. I think we had the Templar down in 4-5 teleports. Quintin did a great job keeping cool and blocking those teleports while we went ham. I almost had a panic attack as our damage stalled at about 5% health. Those final few seconds seemed like forever as I was trying to burn with a damn primary as that's all I had left.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the game last night. Hopefully we can get together again soon. Let me know if ya'll want to get into anything tonight.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for the game last night. Hopefully we can get together again soon. Let me know if ya'll want to get into anything tonight.
View Quote
Thanks for your help (and spyk3's) as you guys were the DPS difference makers. I'll be out until Sunday night when I should be game for another run but good luck to you gents tonight/this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Another bubble strategy. These guys make it look easy. I think bubble placement is key to minimize the splash damage. Bubble as close to Templar as possible and stand as far back in the bubble as possible. Ghorn seems to be the best heavy weapon as the templar may not be facing you for a crit. The right side is the hairy side as a titan or invis hunter can handle the left side teleport by himself.

Same rules apply though on syncing up supers and synths. Making sure everybody is ready to maximize DPS is key.

Titan 2x bubble strat for templar challenge

But bubble consistency still seems to be a problem.

http://i.imgur.com/F0Pw1Fd.gifv
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So where were you then last night?

We ran the strategy where the relic runner covers both sides by himself. It was only a wipe if a teleport was missed. Serious pressure on the runner as he is going back and forth between the teleport locations with not much room for error. The other 5 guys are chilling in the spawn area chaining supers and going nuts with heavy. I think we had the Templar down in 4-5 teleports. Quintin did a great job keeping cool and blocking those teleports while we went ham. I almost had a panic attack as our damage stalled at about 5% health. Those final few seconds seemed like forever as I was trying to burn with a damn primary as that's all I had left.
View Quote
I was in bed apparently. Got home late looked at the app around 730 and it didn't show anyone on so I didn't bother getting on.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#16]
"Pushing" the templar back with a vortex grenade. FF to 1:53.

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I didn't think our strat was to bad last night. As long as you had a couple people keeping an eye on harpies and minotaurs with some grenades, rockets, and occasional tether here and there, it sure helps out with the relic runner.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I didn't think our strat was to bad last night. As long as you had a couple people keeping an eye on harpies and minotaurs with some grenades, rockets, and occasional tether here and there, it sure helps out with the relic runner.
View Quote
It worked quite well. It just places a bunch of pressure on one person with basically no margin of error.

Speaking of that, Kings Fall is next week. Fortunately I have all the challenge modes cleared from it but I'll still need to beat the beast. That may be a one and done for me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I would love to get in on some of these raids for the exotic elemental primaries, but I started a new job a few weeks ago that is sucking up a lot more of my time.  Anyone planning to play Saturday or Sunday night?

Are they changing the Kings Fall mechanics or just increasing the light level requirement?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would love to get in on some of these raids for the exotic elemental primaries, but I started a new job a few weeks ago that is sucking up a lot more of my time.  Anyone planning to play Saturday or Sunday night?

Are they changing the Kings Fall mechanics or just increasing the light level requirement?
View Quote
I'll raid whenever.  Granted, I'm not the best raider, and I'd actually hoped to never have to set foot in KF again, but looks like I'm going to have to.

Rumor has it they've shortened KF a bit.  How I don't know, but we all have ideas on what would be good candidates for elimination.... the Tomb Ship jumping puzzle is one I'd like to see go.  Same for the Wall of Dicks, but somehow I doubt those will go.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I should be available Friday night but won't be online until after 8:30. Possibly the same Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:22:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:26:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Atheon challenge cleared.  Congrats to all, a couple Mythoclasts dropped, it was a productive raid night.

I think our method for the challenge is a little sloppy, needs some refinement.  I'd like to try and get another clear or two sometime over the weekend.
View Quote
I'm up for VoG tomorrow! 
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I may be up for a clear tonight.  im off.

and no, im not buying another suppressor tonight either....
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm about to head to a USPSA match, but I'm hoping to play some after my son goes to bed tonight.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Oh, that's what you think.  We'll see about that.
View Quote
He still needs a pistol can!

Tomorrow afternoon/night I'm down for a full VoG challenge mode run.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll bring my titan if there is room tonight.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Is 7pm EST good for everyone?

Mind you, I'm probably missing someone but this is what I think I've seen so far.
Me
Quintin
Spyke
Mariner
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I may be up for a clear tonight.  im off.

and no, im not buying another suppressor tonight either....
View Quote
300 BLK SBR upper then? 
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is 7pm EST good for everyone?

Mind you, I'm probably missing someone but this is what I think I've seen so far.
Me
Quintin
Spyke
Mariner
View Quote
Works for me!
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We're gonna talk him into an MP5 clone before the night is over. 
View Quote

On a side note, i will not be raiding with you all tonight. I don't need to spend any more money..

JK.. if there is room and you all need a body, i should be on.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Did I miss something?  Almost 2000 and no raid group forming for the 1900 raid.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Not sure
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#39]
I went to take a nap at 3pm and was gonna wake up at 8pm.  I did wake up but decided to snooze the alarm into oblivion.  

And yes, I do plan on buying that mp5 clone anyways.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Brace yourselves...

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#42]
390 KF and Iron Banner in the same week?  That's quite a double whammy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#43]
So I have a Templar CP tonight if anyone wants in on it. Weekend completely got fucked up, sorry guys. 
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Oh God, no!  

Eh, who am I fooling?  One last time, just for that stupid circle in the book.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Okay, I kinda want the adept Doom of Chelchis from King's Fall...I guess I have to do the stupid raid. 
View Quote
I actually don't think it will be that bad. At the end of the day I just need one clear for the book. A legendary Smite with Firefly would be nice and a helmet would complete my armor set for the shader.

Since KF was my first raid I have a love/hate relationship with it. I do think I have improved considerably as a player and raiding with ARFCOM is far better than LFG.

I will have to mute the Oryx fight music however as I believe that will trigger me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So I have a Templar CP tonight if anyone wants in on it. Weekend completely got fucked up, sorry guys. 
View Quote
I would be up for that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I would be up for that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would be up for that.
I'm running to the hardware store in a minute for some screws, but I'll be on after.  Hopefully less than a half hour.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 6:44:49 AM EDT
[#50]
FWC selling a High Cal/Perfect Balance/Counterbalance Waltz pulse rifle this week.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top