Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2014 2:34:54 PM EDT
Picked it up during the Summer Sale and just gave it a spin. Seems pretty fun. Would be better if we had a group going.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been playing, it's way fun; but yeah, it seems without a group it's pretty tedious. If someone starts a server, I'd be happy to participate, as I will in no way have time to host one.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have been playing, it's way fun; but yeah, it seems without a group it's pretty tedious. If someone starts a server, I'd be happy to participate, as I will in no way have time to host one.
View Quote
I'm in.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Picked it up on Steam Summer sale.  Haven't started it yet, but plan to when I get some time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me know if you guys want to play it this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been playing on Borg #3 the past couple days. Just about got a small size "large ship" up and running. Its currently immobile because platinum for thruster is damn near impossible to find.

I suck at designing stuff, but I'll take some screenshots and post here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
here is a mining rig/tunneler I built , i have gone thru whole asteroids with it , works well too .   mod it up and make it how you want !

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257254960
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I take it that was built in creative / offline mode? I'm struggling just to build a moving object in online survival. If it isnt pirates its server crashes and I lose my ship. Either way nice work.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, Steam decided that me telling it not to auto-update the game was irrelevant and updated it anyway, so now I can't log in till the server updates.

Anyway, here are some pics of my ugly ass ship from last night. It is currently a bitch to fly because I don't have enough materials to make thrusters. It only has two rear and one fore thruster, so it's slow and stability is a nightmare.

I had a completed little fighter that was pretty fast and nimble, but I tried to attach it to the big ship with the landing gear, BIG mistake.

Someone log-on spammed the server and caused a lag spike, next thing I know, my fighters landing gear are destroyed and its spinning off into space. Plus there's a huge dent in the big ship where the fighter had been docked.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Having played several sessions now, I can say that, while the game is really innovative and fun, the netcode needs SERIOUS work. I've lost three smaller ships and almost lost the bigger ship I posted above due to netcode issues.

At this point, anytime anyone joins the server, it lags out for a period of at least 5 seconds. I've seen it go all the way to 20. God help you if you happen to be exiting a moving ship or towing a smaller ship with your primary ship when this happens. Both have happened to me.

I lost a perfectly good small fighter when I exited it as someone logged on. The Inertial Dampeners should have stopped it on its own, but due to the lag, it flew off into nowhere and I never found it.

Also, I lost a good mining rig I was towing behind the big black ship I posted above. Someone logged is as I was moving and the desync caused the towing to register with the server as a large collision. Shattered the mining rig into pieces and left a massive dent in the base ship. Came very close to destroying the larger ships reactor.

The concept is great, and I realize it's an Alpha, but, that said, it needs some intense work before I would consider playing it very often.

ETA: I will try to post some additional screencaps later.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I think this is something that can honestly be considered "next-generation". The force is strong with this one, but it does need some work. I need a better computer too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah me and the arfcommers who play minecraft hop on space engineers together from time to time.

Its minecraft in space.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah me and the arfcommers who play minecraft hop on space engineers together from time to time.

Its minecraft in space.
View Quote

Except mobile blocks!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Except mobile blocks!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its minecraft in space.

Except mobile blocks!!!

SPACECRAFT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top