Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2014 7:50:06 PM EDT
Started a day early FYI

Downloading now!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Free code, once you use it post up so no one else wastes their time.

CFMJR-TKJX9-WJGGQ-JFVWW-VK7WZ
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Xbox one code to clarify
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Free code, once you use it post up so no one else wastes their time.

CFMJR-TKJX9-WJGGQ-JFVWW-VK7WZ
View Quote

Someone used it
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Started a day early FYI

Downloading now!
View Quote

Thank you!  You made my day!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#5]
How is it?  I started the download before I crashed last night, can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else have X1 Destiny Code?  PM me.  Thx
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Done, that was my last one.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Well my stupid xbox turned off automatically while I was downloading last night...finishing dl now.

I have another code, someone PM me if they want it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#9]
If anyone needs a code for the X1 PM me.

** Codes are no longer available **
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty sweet so far. Gameplay and graphics are great. It's a little more linear than I thought it would be, but maybe that changes later on in the game.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Played about 15mins, so didn't get too far into the game.  I'm not entirely sold yet.  Hope to play it a bunch tonight to see how it goes.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Played about 15mins, so didn't get too far into the game.  I'm not entirely sold yet.  Hope to play it a bunch tonight to see how it goes.  
View Quote

It seems to have taken some elements from Halo and added some MMO stuff. I like it. I didn't care for Halo's gameplay, and I like this a lot better. Story line seems like it may be really cool too- we'll see.

IMO it's already the best XBOX One game released...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I have it on ps4. I've enjoyed it quite a bit. If you're having a hard time in the crucible, go hit the strike and get better gear.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It seems to have taken some elements from Halo and added some MMO stuff. I like it. I didn't care for Halo's gameplay, and I like this a lot better. Story line seems like it may be really cool too- we'll see.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My current issue is that when you started off outside, you have breathtaking graphics of the distant horizon, but neglected the stuff right in front of you.  The cars that were destroyed looked very cheesy and like someone slapped that together without putting much time into it.

The beginning interior tunnel also looked very bland and low res.

Again, it looks like they took the opposite approach of making stuff in the distance look amazing while everything up close was kind of meh.  

I realize the beta is 900p vs the live version going to be 1080p, but still surprised.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#15]
also looks like "explore" is the open world game mode that I enjoy...should be cool.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My current issue is that when you started off outside, you have breathtaking graphics of the distant horizon, but neglected the stuff right in front of you.  The cars that were destroyed looked very cheesy and like someone slapped that together without putting much time into it.

Again, it looks like they took the opposite approach of making stuff in the distance look amazing while everything up close was kind of meh.  

I realize the beta is 900p vs the live version going to be 1080p, but still surprised.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I usually still play 360 so this still looks better than what I'm used to. Guessing the final version will be better.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have an xbox one code?

I may or may not have a month of live gold for it. PM me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's beta.  I seriously doubt all the textures are fine-tuned at this point.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:36:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Usually beta is pretty much a finished product short of bug tweaking/fixes.  The only thing I can hope for is that the extra resolution bump makes a difference.  

Though from hearing people compare the PS4 and X1 betas, they say it's just about the same quality which doesn't lead me to believe much if anything is going to change.  

The other thing I'm having an issue with is getting used to the controls.  I was so used to Titanfall twitch aiming and this seems to be a major step backwards.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I really like what I see so far.

It feels a lot like the original Halo to me.  I prefer this type of gameplay over CoD/Titanfall, so I'm right at home with the controls.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Played for about an hour and a half last night until the server crashed...oh well, that's what beta is for.

Still liking it a lot. Got my ass kicked a couple times!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#22]
The one thing that royally sucks about living in the country - is slow internet.

My DL took all night to complete.  Look forward to checking it out after work today.

Add me, if you like.  Tank3d.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#23]
If anyone still happens to have a key it would be much appreaciated
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I cannot play it.  Get a corrupted install every single time.  Six times running now.  I know to not open it while it DL's on the XB1.  I learned that.  I did get to play up until you get to the ship one time (5m in basically) but that was it.  Seems fun but I may just cancel my preorder.  Bungie is now stating that it may not be possible to play it on some XB1's.  Not confidence inspiring for the full retail release.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:27:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

The beta is now available to anyone with Gold or Plus.

I played for about 3 or so hours last night. Got to lvl 6 as a Titan. I really enjoyed it. I ran around solo, did quite a few rep missions, and two pvp matches. Armor looks fantastic and I really like the ability to upgrade items through use. The skill tree slightly confuses me as at the moment when you level up it just goes across the board, not really any choices..just pick this and go on. I got in some hairy situations and got smacked around a few times. Ran up on a ?? level Dreg, and he didn't have time for my nonsense.

Could it get repetitive? Maybe, but it's only beta maps with two enemy sets.

TheFracture87 on xb1
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#26]
how do you get into a game? i played one map finished it and it brought me to a community area now what do i do.this game sucks
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
how do you get into a game? i played one map finished it and it brought me to a community area now what do i do.this game sucks
View Quote

Probably best you just sell your xbox.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It doesn't suck because you can't figure it out...buy new gear if you want then go back to orbit and carry on with the game.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Press the select button, then hold Y to launch back into orbit, and pick earth as a landing point.  If you read the tooltips on your screen after talking to the vendors with green symbols over their heads, you'd know that...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I played for about 3 or so hours last night. Got to lvl 6 as a Titan. I really enjoyed it. I ran around solo, did quite a few rep missions, and two pvp matches. Armor looks fantastic and I really like the ability to upgrade items through use. The skill tree slightly confuses me as at the moment when you level up it just goes across the board, not really any choices..just pick this and go on. I got in some hairy situations and got smacked around a few times. Ran up on a ?? level Dreg, and he didn't have time for my nonsense.

TheFracture87 on xb1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TheFracture87 on xb1

Skill tree becomes more customizable as you play, the lower tiers will start to open after level 8ish and you can make some changes and whatnot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Skill tree becomes more customizable as you play, the lower tiers will start to open after level 8ish and you can make some changes and whatnot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TheFracture87 on xb1

Cool, that's one of the other things I wasn't liking yet...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Man I did that strike mission earlier. My "partners" dropped out, so I went it alone

FML...I gave up after like 2 hours and failing to kill the giant robot...def a multiplayer level...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Man I did that strike mission earlier. My "partners" dropped out, so I went it alone

FML...I gave up after like 2 hours and failing to kill the giant robot...def a multiplayer level...
View Quote

Aim for the yellow squares on the leg joints.  There is a giant eyeball robot type boss right after that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Aim for the yellow squares on the leg joints.  There is a giant eyeball robot type boss right after that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I did that. Kept getting it to about 1/3 health then I'd get one-shotted and die.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, both of those encounters almost require at least 2 people since you need to focus their attention back and forth taking pop shots while the mob is distracted.

So far i'm loving the game, but PVP imbalance is going to be an issue.  Thus far, and I realize this is beta, a level 8 with awesome weapons and a bunch of ability/upgrade unlocks will dominate a match.  I think it is cool that there is actually a point to playing a lot other than straight level, like an RPG, but making it tough for newbies to get started is going to hurt the numbers 6 months from now.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah, both of those encounters almost require at least 2 people since you need to focus their attention back and forth taking pop shots while the mob is distracted.

So far i'm loving the game, but PVP imbalance is going to be an issue.  Thus far, and I realize this is beta, a level 8 with awesome weapons and a bunch of ability/upgrade unlocks will dominate a match.  I think it is cool that there is actually a point to playing a lot other than straight level, like an RPG, but making it tough for newbies to get started is going to hurt the numbers 6 months from now.
View Quote

Yeah I beat it yesterday with some random dude. So much easier.

Levels are evened out during PVP, you think it's still going to be a problem?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Yeah not a fan of the multiplayer
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I haven't yet played in the Crucible.  But higher level players or players with better weapons doing well makes sense to me.

Assuming equal levels of skill of course.

ETA:  Oops.  I see the Beta is over.  I guess that's what I get for having a real life.  Heh.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#39]
And the beta ended early [list=1]

• Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:42:59 PM EDT
    [#40]
    Yeah, late last night I was able to upgrade some gear, but never got a chance to try it out before the beta closed.

I think Warlocks are going to be seriously lacking in PVP, just too squishy.  Some of our best damage is done close quarters, but one grenade or shotgun blast and we're toast.
    Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:54:08 PM EDT
    [#41]
    Quoted:
    Yeah, late last night I was able to upgrade some gear, but never got a chance to try it out before the beta closed.

I think Warlocks are going to be seriously lacking in PVP, just too squishy.  Some of our best damage is done close quarters, but one grenade or shotgun blast and we're toast.
    View Quote

I was able to do fairly well in the crucible as a warlock.
    Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:51:54 AM EDT
    [#42]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Me too. Managed to be listed first in several iron banner matches even. Shame my legendary loot isn't going to carry over lol.

All in all, I think this is going to win a ton of awards. They are already rebalancing pvp and there will be something like 8 different modes to play, leveled, vehicles, or otherwise.

Remember guys, the beta is several revisions old of working code.

Something I did find odd though. The game had slots for 3 subclasses, and the app had something very curious.

It showed 4 races, one was blanked out completely, and 6 classes. I doubt they would have let an error that big slip through, but they only announced 3 and 3. Guess we'll find out in Sept.
    Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:46:29 AM EDT
    [#43]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

I could hold my own, just squishy.  In most RPG style games, the damage dealers are fragile so I expected it, but this is still FPS, so I just didn't sit right.  

Either way, can't wait for launch.
    Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:52:31 AM EDT
    [#44]
    I played a Titan and Hunter up to lvl 8 on both.  I'm leaning more towards the Titan.  I think the deal breaker is the special ability of the super smash vs golden pistol.  
    Smash is almost guaranteed to kill lot of enemies, but the golden pistol is only good if you can hit your target.  
    Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:00:48 AM EDT
    [#45]
    Quoted:
    I played a Titan and Hunter up to lvl 8 on both.  I'm leaning more towards the Titan.  I think the deal breaker is the special ability of the super smash vs golden pistol.  Smash is almost guaranteed to kill lot of enemies, but the golden pistol is only good if you can hit your target.  
    View Quote

True.  I'm sorta back and forth.  I'm more attracted to the Hunter class, but play(ed) the Titan class with more effect.

It was interesting to me that the weapons are the same for both.  I guess I expected class specific weaponry.

So, special abilities and skills are what defines them.  And those are more classic ranged vs melee archetypes.
    Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:48:33 AM EDT
    [#46]
    I was enjoying the beta until I rage quit Saturday afternoon in the iron dome. PVP seemed easier in the regular crucible, but in iron pretty much everyone but me has auto rifles and just sprayed from the hip. I couldn't even raise my sights before they had me nearly dead half the time.
    Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:39:40 AM EDT
    [#47]
    I guess we all need to keep in mind that many of the balance issues could change between now and launch.  From what I read, this beta was on a build several versions old, and was mostly geared towards stress testing the servers than anything.
    Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:45:30 AM EDT
    [#48]
    Well overall I was pretty happy with it. Hope the "explore" gamplay is better int he final version though.

Do you guys know if you can keep current gear and characters or do we all have to start over?
    Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:52:48 AM EDT
    [#49]
    Quoted:
    Well overall I was pretty happy with it. Hope the "explore" gamplay is better int he final version though.

Do you guys know if you can keep current gear and characters or do we all have to start over?
    View Quote

They didn't state. After the Alpha it reset.
    Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:56:52 AM EDT
    [#50]
    The general feeling I am seeing is that beta will NOT be transferred to live.

But I haven't personally come across an official post.
    Arrow Left Previous Page
    Page / 2
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top