User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BUT, your character is persistent across similar brands. i.e. if you make a char on PS4, you can log in with it on PS3. (Or 360/Xbone)  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it makes you feel any better, I have a friend that created a character on his ps3 that he play with before downloading it to his ps4. Needless to say, he was rather happy that his character and all his progress transferred over automatically.

Curious.  Are the ps3 and ps4 players mixed together in the PvE areas?

No.  Each system (PS3, PS4, 360, One) is separated.
BUT, your character is persistent across similar brands. i.e. if you make a char on PS4, you can log in with it on PS3. (Or 360/Xbone)  

Doubly interesting.  I have a playstation online username, and a live username.  They are both linked to my Bungie.net userID.  Is bungieID the controlling factor?  What would happen if I play a character on ps3 and XBOX?

Hmm...  I'll never do it.  But i'm still curious how they're handling this stuff on the back end.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Doubly interesting.  I have a playstation online username, and a live username.  They are both linked to my Bungie.net userID.  Is bungieID the controlling factor?  What would happen if I play a character on ps3 and XBOX?

Hmm...  I'll never do it.  But i'm still curious how they're handling this stuff on the back end.
View Quote
Bungie has said this won't work. I imagine it's more "won't" than "can't", but not my place to judge.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
This beta felt like the first badass game I've played in a while. Now the wait until September. This blows.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bungie has said this won't work. I imagine it's more "won't" than "can't", but not my place to judge.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read on some game magazine, that there is suppose to be a mobile game coming out for destiny, that will allow you to play from a mobile device. Not sure how it is going to work, and I cant find the article anywhere... I wonder if they canned the idea already.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This beta felt like the first badass game I've played in a while. Now the wait until September. This blows.
View Quote

I know how you feel.  I'm debating whether to go ahead and pre-order Destiny for PS3 to have it at release or hold out until late Fall when I can get a PS4.  I've been planning to get a PS4 but I was unemployed for 474 days before finally landing a job a few weeks ago.  Priority is get back on my feet first and the PS4 was just an afterthought but this game makes me want to get one ASAP.  I may have to clean out my storage unit and start selling some stuff.

I didn't know what to expect when I started the Beta. I think I downloaded it and started playing around 4 pm Saturday.  I didn't move from my couch until after 1 am.    Being able to run around in a free world environment blowing shit up and then start a quick side mission was awesome.

How many of us stumbled into places we had no right to be in?  As in the area beneath the refinery where every enemy had ??? as their rank and they unleashed a big handful of f*** you in a matter of seconds.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I really enjoyed the beta.

But...  I have to admit.  I'm a little worried it may not be as "big" of a game as the impression I originally had.  I mean...   level cap appears to be 20 (for this first release), and we all made it to level 8 with maybe a couple hours of playtime.  At that rate we'll be maxed (and presumably complete with the story) in less than 10 hours.

This compared to something like Borderlands which is a 30 hour game.

I know they're planning on releasing more content on an ongoing basis.  I know Destiny is to be a persistent world.  And so on.  

But...  they have REALLY hyped it up.  I hope it lives up to the hype because I really want it to succeed.

ETA:  This article does a good job summing my fears.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/07/28/bungies-destiny-might-be-smaller-than-everyone-thinks/
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

But...  I have to admit.  I'm a little worried it may not be as "big" of a game as the impression I originally had.  I mean...   level cap appears to be 20 (for this first release), and we all made it to level 8 with maybe a couple hours of playtime.  At that rate we'll be maxed (and presumably complete with the story) in less than 10 hours.

I know they're planning on releasing more content on an ongoing basis.  I know Destiny is to be a persistent world.  And so on.  

But...  they have REALLY hyped it up.  I hope it lives up to the hype because I really want it to succeed.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/07/28/bungies-destiny-might-be-smaller-than-everyone-thinks/
View Quote

All about the grind. I"m sure you can rush through the story in 10-12 hours like most shooters. But the side missions/loot system/multiplay should extend it significantly. It plays and shoots well, so I pre-ordered the $90 digital version, which come with the additional DLC.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife and I maxed a few characters. I've had it pre-ordered since November. The Alpha confirmed it for me. The Beta was icing on the cake. I was pleasantly surprised by the Crucible---it was robust and it'll provide some flexibility.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

All about the grind. I"m sure you can rush through the story in 10-12 hours like most shooters. But the side missions/loot system/multiplay should extend it significantly. It plays and shoots well, so I pre-ordered the $90 digital version, which come with the additional DLC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I felt I could have played the beta a solid week easily. Earning glimmer to buy jumpships, sparrows, and gear plus doing side missions and the Crucible to score uncommon loot kept me churning out the hours.

I think it would be a smart play on Bungie's part to be modest at launch. Get the core features working smoothly then start adding the bells and whistles so to speak. Rushing something to store shelves is getting to be par for the course with game developers nowadays it seems. Prime example being Rockstar with GTA 5. They went for the grand slam out of the gate. Here it is approaching its first full year since launch and we STILL don't have features that were advertised to be included in the game, game crashes, bad networks, hacks, and bugs galore. Same thing with Medal of Honor Warfighter. It was so bad that the developers just said f*** it and quit supporting it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone know if Playstation Plus subscription is a requirement for the game?

I played the Beta and love it.  And this is coming from a pc gamer who hates FPS on consoles.

Who has the best in game goodies for preorders so far?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Anyone know if Playstation Plus subscription is a requirement for the game?

I played the Beta and love it.  And this is coming from a pc gamer who hates FPS on consoles.

Who has the best in game goodies for preorders so far?

View Quote
I believe that PS+ is a requirement for the Crucible (PvP) but not PvE. Not 100% sure, though.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:29:41 AM EDT
[#12]
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/28/was-destinys-full-game-content-discovered

Possibly 32 story missions, 23 strike missions, and 11 crucible maps?
Yup, this game will keep me busy for a while.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ehh....   I chose Borderlands as my example most carefully.  No rushing through it in 10-12 hours.

But - the post above this one sounds excellent.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think it would be a smart play on Bungie's part to be modest at launch. Get the core features working smoothly then start adding the bells and whistles so to speak. Rushing something to store shelves is getting to be par for the course with game developers nowadays it seems. Prime example being Rockstar with GTA 5. They went for the grand slam out of the gate. Here it is approaching its first full year since launch and we STILL don't have features that were advertised to be included in the game, game crashes, bad networks, hacks, and bugs galore. .
View Quote

I disagree.  They've hyped it up and now they must deliver.  If not folks will be disappointed it doesn't live up to the hype - regardless of how good of a game it may actually be.

I would still play it, and lots of other folks would still play it.  But it would not reach that supercritical mass - and the influx of money - that enable awesome content in the future.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#15]
There's much more progression in this game than just levels. Think AA points in EQ.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There's much more progression in this game than just levels. Think AA points in EQ.
View Quote

Never played Everquest.  Or any of the 'classic' MMORPGs.  

Planetside and a little bit of EVE.

But, I assume you're referring to the skill 'upgrade' progression which appears to continue regardless of character level.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

But, I assume you're referring to the skill 'upgrade' progression which appears to continue regardless of character level.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. And by the time you get to a point where you're capped, there will be more content.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#18]
EDIT:  Someone already posted the link to the trading card codes.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#19]
By the way guys, I tossed up a thread with a link to the Arf Destiny clan for both PSN and Xbox.  Supposedly going to have lots of bonuses on both sides.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Beta was great.  Can't wait till September. I hope there is more explorable map.   I hope there's more cities to explore on earth and moon and other planets.  Would suck grinding the same zones for the legendary stuff.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Beta was great.  Can't wait till September. I hope there is more explorable map.   I hope there's more cities to explore on earth and moon and other planets.  Would suck grinding the same zones for the legendary stuff.
View Quote

They haven't announced eveyrthing yet, but some folks at reddit datamined the beta.  As of the version they used for it (several months old, probably a stable march/april build) there was a good list of content.  They are still adding stuff, so this is nowhere near a comprehensive list though.

32 missions, 11 multtiplayer maps, 15 unique strike missions, Earth, Moon, Asteroid belt, Venus, and Mars areas.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/28/was-destinys-full-game-content-discovered
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Drake you could always preorder the destiny edition ps4 and pay a little at a time until the game releases.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Drake you could always preorder the destiny edition ps4 and pay a little at a time until the game releases.
View Quote

I've looked into it but I just don't have the coin to swing it by launch. I am still in the trial period at my new job and my pay is less than shit. I'm not ruling it out as a possibility but right now I'm just trying to make ends meet by working two jobs. Thanks to the regime in the white house cutting defense budgets, I lost my good job over a year ago and my new job is paying only a third of what I used to make. Needless to say, times are tough. Isn't much demand for a defense industry marketing contractor when there are no government funds to go after.

Who knows what will happen by then though. I will just keep plugging along.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I miss the beta.

Sepiks Prime was a ratchet ass bitch but he was MY ratchet ass bitch.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Last day I got the upgraded sparrow and blew past the level 20's past the forgotten shores revived a ghost but got fucked up in the cave with the spinner thing in front. Also 6 man fireteams for raids is going to be fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I miss the beta.

Sepiks Prime was a ratchet ass bitch but he was MY ratchet ass bitch.
View Quote

I got so pissed when I faced Sepiks Prime. I had two ass clowns join me for that mission. One was a pussy and stayed hidden when we faced off against the walker and again against Sepiks. The other was just tactically deficient. Saw Braveheart too many times or something. Cover and flanking were leagues beyond his comprehension. If there were reward points for reviving fallen players, I would have scored through the roof. At least the one dude contributed. The other tool was just a freeloader. But after grabbing the loot from the chest and finding it to be the Shingen-E which is one bad ass auto-rifle, I moved on.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've looked into it but I just don't have the coin to swing it by launch. I am still in the trial period at my new job and my pay is less than shit. I'm not ruling it out as a possibility but right now I'm just trying to make ends meet by working two jobs. Thanks to the regime in the white house cutting defense budgets, I lost my good job over a year ago and my new job is paying only a third of what I used to make. Needless to say, times are tough. Isn't much demand for a defense industry marketing contractor when there are no government funds to go after.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If downloading on ps4 is like the ps3 if you got a buddy that purchased it from the ps store you can get on his account and download it from the ps store.  I know on the ps3 you can download a game up to five times if you have to get a new system for whatever reason.  Never tried it with a ps4 yet because haven't bout a game off it yet.  Destiny will be my first game on the Ps4 I bought.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Apparently characters are capped at level 29?
There is a video on IGN with a Bungie dev doing a walk through with a lvl 29 Titan showing what it can do.
I'm on my phone so I'm not gonna dick with trying to find and hotlink it but it's pretty slick.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There is a video on IGN with a Bungie dev doing a walk through with a lvl 29 Titan showing what it can do.
I'm on my phone so I'm not gonna dick with trying to find and hotlink it but it's pretty slick.
View Quote

He wasn't quite done unlocking everything, so my guess is lvl 30 cap.  At 20 you start collecting motes of light instead of XP but you can trade them for/upgrade legendary gear too.  Going to be interesting.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/31/destiny-what-a-level-29-badass-looks-like-a-ign-first
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He wasn't quite done unlocking everything, so my guess is lvl 30 cap.  At 20 you start collecting motes of light instead of XP but you can trade them for/upgrade legendary gear too.  Going to be interesting.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/31/destiny-what-a-level-29-badass-looks-like-a-ign-first
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

August is going to be the longest month ever.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just keep telling myself that the Diablo expansion hits consoles on the 19th...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Well I may have figured out a way to get a PS4 in time for launch. Wasn't planning on it but I guess I can sell my PS3 and games as well as a spare 32" LCD tv I have in my bedroom that I haven't used in months. That should put me halfway there. Wondering if I could sell my bad PS3 too. The blu-ray eye has crapped out but the hard drive and DVD eye is still fine. I also have a LG surround system that isn't working but I think it is just a blown fuse in the receiver. Speakers are fine. I've got a new Yamaha system that blows it out of the water anyways so it just sits in a box collecting dust.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Gamestop will take the bad one with controller and all connection maybe even extra credit towards new console.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Gamestop will take the bad one with controller and all connection maybe even extra credit towards new console.
View Quote

Good to know.  Thanks.  I may go drop it off tomorrow then just to get it out of the way.  Maybe I can use it as a "down payment" of sorts on the preorder.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top