Link Posted: 5/17/2014 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Its called the Tactical Turtle.

Link Posted: 5/17/2014 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck sake this game is fun.

Link Posted: 5/17/2014 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#3]
In as Spiralshot.  There goes my weekend!

Do the payouts increase when you play in higher levels?  I am futzing around in level 1 & 2 matches (trying out different stuff), but if I can make better $$ in higher level matches I will move up.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
That turtle is nice, I may have to try something like it.  I am seeing lots of tanks that look like subs with wheels.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In as Spiralshot.  There goes my weekend!

Do the payouts increase when you play in higher levels?  I am futzing around in level 1 & 2 matches (trying out different stuff), but if I can make better $$ in higher level matches I will move up.
View Quote

Higher tiers = higher rp/battle. Tier 10 you commonly get over 7k rp.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 5:07:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good job but...

The free version of bandicam will allow you to take up to 10 minute long videos of this sort of thing.

Edited because I don't english good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy crap!  I just played a match and got 8 kills.  Lvl 3 tank.  Ice map.  I flanked on the cavern side and ran into only 1 tank.  My team was steamrolled down the middle and wiped out.  I turned around about 3/4 down the map and started hitting enemy tanks from behind destroying groups of 2 or three at a time.  Destroyed the last 3 sitting on my teams capture point and I managed to kill the last one just before it was captured!  My tank is a fucking beast.  It can take one hell of a pounding.

Good job but...

The free version of bandicam will allow you to take up to 10 minute long videos of this sort of thing.

Edited because I don't english good.
I really should record the matches.  I just played a match where I got stuck in a ditch 10 seconds into the start of the game.  I still managed 4 kills without moving the entire match.  Securing the win. :)

Link Posted: 5/18/2014 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Running an L5S in tier 6, pretty funny.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#8]
sent requests to posted names.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm trying to figure out this platoon thing.  Can't get a match to start.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I think they are doing server work... gonna grab some food, be back on later.  :)
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Tier 10 is like a bunch of black star destroyers rolling around and banging it out like battleships.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#13]
RF -- I made a tank similar to your turtle last night, and I must say that thing is a beast.  It is great at chewing through opponents and not losing guns/mobility.   It also reminds me of the Hammer's Slammers tanks.  I am going to try out a hover version, but I doubt it will perform as well.  Nice job.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Geeze I'm barely level 3....
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Up to tier 8. My ride has the guns for it but not the armor. Pays off big when it pays off but when I'm the focus of fire i don't last long.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Ya'll lose interest or what?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:02:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I've been playing with this goofy thing

It usually gets blown up in one shot but it's tons of fun to fly by people as they're just getting out of their base..

I somehow managed to kill six in one game with it
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've been playing with this goofy thing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Skammy/robocreft.jpg

It usually gets blown up in one shot but it's tons of fun to fly by people as they're just getting out of their base..
I somehow managed to kill six in one game with it
View Quote

What the fuck is up with matchmaker?

edit:  Nevermind... God I'm such an asshole.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 2:52:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Que?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Playing in tier 10 now.

All hail the gunbed!
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Que?
View Quote

I saw in that pic it was 1v10. Didn't realize you were in practice mode till i had already posted.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Playing in tier 10 now.

All hail the gunbed!
View Quote

Show us your ride@

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ya'll lose interest or what?
View Quote

Haven't checked this thread in a bit. Uploading images now.   Wait for it...

I've been playing with my Trollbots alot on the lower tiers as I find the slower pace a bit more open to good strategy. And lets not forget that tier 2-3 has a tier 4 and 5 and so on where tier 10 doesn't have a tier 11...

Trollbot: A bot that is decked out with the heaviest weapons and armor possible without moving up to the next tier.

I present to you the FBHO Trollbot Tier2. A frame of orange armor with hardpoints for 2 level 3 lasers. The wheels are level 1 dual drive and the white blocks are both a disguise and a protective layer making full use of the prism armor technique that only makes contact with the frame at 2 points.

These 2 grey blocks to the left and right of this orange block are the only points of contact that the white outer shell has with the orange frame making this design particularly resilient in the lower tiers.

Here it is with those 2 grey blocks removed.

Here it is in all its glory.

Now take in the beauty of the FBHO Trollbot Tier 3! This familiar design uses the same orange armor frame with hardpoints for 2 level 3s lasers. The wheels are level 2 dual drive and this upgraded model also sports 2 level 2 jammers on the rear. The white shroud is once again connected to the frame at only 2 points although additional white blocks have been added to the frame for added damage absorption. This beast can climb walls.

Once again the deceptive outer shell of white blocks connects to the orange frame only by the orange blocks to the left and right of the cursor.

Here it is with those 2 orange blocks removed.

And in its full GLORY!

Recovering from a rollover is easy thanks to it's wide wheelbase and A frame design. This bot will settle on either its right or left side and all you need to do is turn away from the side that it is laying on and hit the gas. It will spin for a few seconds until centrifugal force flips it back over. I hardly ever need to make use of this perk as the wide wheelbase makes rollovers very rare.

Adding a single white block to either of these will move them to the next tier.

Now for some T3 (practice mode) action shots!

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#24]
New patch released! Exciting stuff is happening.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I still play but im taking a hard look at "the forest" and "star citizen". Hello?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Released on steam a while back causing a noob rush. Lots of kills. Updates keep coming with changes blah blah blah no one else on arfcom is playing anymore.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Released on steam a while back causing a noob rush. Lots of kills. Updates keep coming with changes blah blah blah no one else on arfcom is playing anymore.
View Quote

I play but I've kinda stalled since they changed how the tech tree works. I'm not willing to put the amount of time into it that it needs to level up above 5.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I play but I've kinda stalled since they changed how the tech tree works. I'm not willing to put the amount of time into it that it needs to level up above 5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got in early enough to be a solid tier 10 before any major changes. Ive got thousands of ubertechpoints sitting around waiting for something to spend em on. Yet I spend all my time playing in tiers 1-5. Lots more fun down there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't play anymore because I'm PC less.  My gaming laptop should be here this week sometime though. One it arrives I'll be back on.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone else getting tired of people brining tier 3 + 4 weapons into Tier 1 games? They need a mode where a certain tier match is only allowed to include parts from that tier and below. It would be funner instead of having people sitting in the back sniping.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone else getting tired of people brining tier 3 + 4 weapons into Tier 1 games? They need a mode where a certain tier match is only allowed to include parts from that tier and below. It would be funner instead of having people sitting in the back sniping.
View Quote

Busted

I play tier 1 with a level 4 laser...
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Busted

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Busted

I have been too. Im doing it because its the only way i can play and not get pissed. When i first started it was really fun because none of the games had people doing that, but now it seems like a large portion of each tteam is doing it so its the only way to survive right now
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#33]
New patch came out last night/this morning. Tier 1 helium blocks and tier 1 lift fans (among other stuff) are gone.

The tier 3 grind is killing me. I can't field a decent tier 3 to save my life. And now that my tier 3 blimp with plasma cannons can't fly, I'm really peeved off.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
New patch came out last night/this morning. Tier 1 helium blocks and tier 1 lift fans (among other stuff) are gone.

The tier 3 grind is killing me. I can't field a decent tier 3 to save my life. And now that my tier 3 blimp with plasma cannons can't fly, I'm really peeved off.
View Quote

Hmm... I never saw a tier 1 helium block or lift fan.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I've only been playing tier 1 + 2. I have a kick ass Tier 2 hover craft that can actually hold its own
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They may have been tier 2.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#37]

High resolution recommended.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#38]
I've combined my Trollbot design with the Leafy Bug in what I believe to be my best tier 2 build yet.

I haven't had much luck in any other tier with the mk6. The thrusters make it impossible in tier 1 and in tier 3 the opposition's increased firepower starts to negate the benefits of the original Trollbot design. Looks like tier 2 is my new home.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Can't stop playing this game, me and the arfcommers who play Minecraft and Gunz really got into it. We have been meeting up on the valhalla.sx team speak to run 4 man platoons.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Great game. I'm hooked
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#42]
no one has anything to say about the updates?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

no one has anything to say about the updates?
View Quote
Have not tried them out, me and 6-7 other arfcommers picked up Borderlands 2 GOTY edition for 4 bucks off of dealzon.com and I have spent every free moment on there with them lol.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#44]
I was entertaining the notion of selling my robocraft account to fund some more star citizen stuff. Not a good idea though as freejam will ban your account if they find out you are selling / have sold it. Shame as im level 100 with a shit ton of bricks. coulda made like... $15 bucks!

eta I didn't get banned or anything. Just mentioned that so no one else gets any bad ideas.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I was entertaining the notion of selling my robocraft account to fund some more star citizen stuff. Not a good idea though as freejam will ban your account if they find out you are selling / have sold it. Shame as im level 100 with a shit ton of bricks. coulda made like... $15 bucks!

eta I didn't get banned or anything. Just mentioned that so no one else gets any bad ideas.
View Quote

Yeah.... I'm level 100 and have over 800 T10 bricks. Plus every bit of research is done.... With 5mill in credits to spend on stuff I don't need.

I might get 20 bucks for it. If that.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#46]
BUMP cos this game is still fun dammit!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Mega bots are right around the corner. A mega bot weapon has already been added to the game and it comes with a chance to earn some special shit. Now may be a good time to think about playing some robocraft.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top