Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2014 1:00:36 AM EDT
Is there any reason why I couldn't use this http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/xbox-360-kunai-titanfall-headset/113513?cid=fds_10000001&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=803931&gclid=CPyK7KOX7L0CFUNo7AoddG0A4A in conjunction with the xbox stereo headset adapter?

It looks like the headset is a 3.5mm jack and the xbox adapter is a 3.5mm jack

It would still have full sound in the headset and chat right?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
MP, from what ive read, almost any 360 headset can work, but even with the adapter you have to use the Kinect microphone for game chat. Turtle beach sells an adapter for $15 to make some of their headsets work, but i have no experience with it. The XOSevens are great though ;)
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I just said screw it and bought the combo. I like the way it looks and the reviews said it wasn't too heavy on the bass, which I like. It works just fine. Chat is supported through the microphone.

Just in case anyone was wondering if this will work for them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:56:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MP, from what ive read, almost any 360 headset can work, but even with the adapter you have to use the Kinect microphone for game chat. Turtle beach sells an adapter for $15 to make some of their headsets work, but i have no experience with it. The XOSevens are great though ;)
View Quote

If you have the microsoft adapter, any headset that has a audio chat plug-in on it will work and let you use it's mic.  The adapter basically just turns the microsoft propriateray plug into an 3.5mm plug, and the remote is where you get your mic and chat function from.  The only headsets that won't work with this adapter are ones that used the 360's wireless to transfer their chat functions.  So basically if you bought a headset that was the designed to work completely wireless with the 360 (Tritton Warhead) you are up shit creek.

IF your headset uses an optical hook up for sound it will plug directly into the xbox one.  If your headset uses stero cables, you will have to plug them into the Audio outs on the back of your tv, if you don't have that you'll have to get a splitter and get it down to a 3.5mm headphone jack, if your tv doesn't have one of those, you may need to upgrade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top