Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lagoon, I think. Or... Relic.

I think 3 titans could make short work of people with this combo:
2 titans with chainguns (extended magazine or accelerator) or 40mm cannons
1 titan with arc cannon (unsure of which upgrade to use)
All with particle wall. (or 2 with PW and one with electic smoke)

The arc cannon completely strips the shield, the chain gunners both focus on getting critical hits on the exposed armor. Titan dead in 5 seconds.

You can rotate particle walls to keep it up most of the time. As long as they don't storm you en masse, you should be able to engage at a great distance and take them down quickly.
View Quote

I've been able to take down Titans in one go with the chaingun w/ accelerator and multi-target missile systems. Works pretty well.

Is anyone else having issues not being able to send out invites?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
.Is anyone else having issues not being able to send out invites?
View Quote

It would not let me send out a friend request last night, system said it couldn't find you even though I double checked how I typed in you GT. I just found you in someone else's friends list and added you that way.

Xbox live kept giving me error messages after saying it couldn't find you.

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You can add me to the list

cam2ty xbox one
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Is Xbone/XBL still exclusive, or can they game on the same server with PC players?  Gonna be building a new PC soon, so just wondering.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is Xbone/XBL still exclusive, or can they game on the same server with PC players?  Gonna be building a new PC soon, so just wondering.
View Quote

The two games are not interchangeable.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think you would want to play against a pc player.  More than likely you will be owned repeatidly.  Fps shooters is so much easier on a pc.  Pc vs. Pc is a pretty level playing field. Headshots are so much easier on a pc.  I used to play fps games on pc before the ps2 was around, other than golden eye on nintendo 64.  I hooked a mouse to my ps3 on a fps game that could be played with a keyboard and mouse.  Think it was unreal tournament 3 and used it for my right analog stick and r1 andr2.  And held the controller with my left hand to operate the left side of the controller. Made a huge difference. Akward at first tho and had to reassign buttons to jump and crouch....

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:14:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Working on my Satchel Charge regen challenge.  Basically just play Capture the Flag and defend your flag with satchel charges.

Here a match with some arfcom members.  I'm calling this The Dictator.  I was rounding up lots of grunts to fight my wars.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#8]
So what's the verdict on this game? Worth getting an Xbone for?

I'm not sure what exclusive titles are coming to the XB1 but this game looks hella good and I'm dying to race but PS4 has no good racing games coming any time soon.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:24:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Our group had a good go last night.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like there will be an update including private matches:)
I'll have to make some time this weekend so we can play together.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Sadly private matches yield no xp and progress.  Guess it would be for messing around.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Love the game, play it almost every night.  I guess my only gripe is that in order to "prestige" you have to complete challenges that include amassing kills using weapons and equipment that kind of suck.  Like 200 shotgun kills, and 50 titan kills with a 40mm canon.  I do like how even a high level player is brought down to average by forcing them to use crap equipment before they can roll over to the next tier, but I don't like being the guy that has to do it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#14]
TheFracture87
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Played a bunch on Wednesday and got hammered repeatedly. It's not fun losing over and over again.  On the plus side I finally unlocked the achievement for winning 50 hardpoint matches. I guess I have only won about 20 Last Titan Standing matches so far, that may take a while.

At that point I have no idea what weapon is best for LTS for me.  I have had some success with Triple Threat (extended magazine!), Arc Cannon, and Chaingun. 40mm cannon seems to be hit or miss...
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Been throwing down hard on TF on PC. I am fucking dogshit at Pilot Hunter and CTF, but I can handle my business on the other modes.

Origin:
BakerMikeRomeo
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#17]
God damn, whats up with the 3.5 GB(Sorry, looking again.. 35GB) audio unpack on a 90Mb patch?  Shit is driving me crazy, and I'm not even at home to deal with it.  VPN updating for the win.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I've gotta sort out my titan tactics, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.  
I really like the stryder the first few times I played with it.  I think I'm going to try to mainly hunt pilots/grunts with it, with maybe the occasional titan harassing, but make it a stick and move kinda thing.

I did ok with Ogre with 40mm, but...I get teamed up on a lot and it seems like the extra health doesn't matter when my screen is surrounded by red arrows.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Well if you guys are bored and want to game sometime, message me on XBL.  Fallen003 (I really need to change that from the default name but don't want to pay the $10)
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 12:47:14 AM EDT
[#20]
PC Papi4baby
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fallen003 (I really need to change that from the default name but don't want to pay the $10)
View Quote

You get one free name change when you first sign up on xbl, don't you?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't ever remember having a free gamer tag change.  Last time I changed mine, it was like 40 MSP back then.
View Quote

I feel certain that right when I signed up it was like "hey, man, here's your stupid-ass auto name, but now is your chance to just go ahead and change it!"

My 360 was a gift from my brother, though, so maybe He did something special, or maybe it came with the box or the signup card somehow.

ETA: according to the internet, you get a one-time chance to do it for free when you first create a gamertag. If you don't GAF about your gamerscore, you could just make a new tag the next time your live gold runs out and rebuild your friends list.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I feel certain that right when I signed up it was like "hey, man, here's your stupid-ass auto name, but now is your chance to just go ahead and change it!"

My 360 was a gift from my brother, though, so maybe He did something special, or maybe it came with the box or the signup card somehow.

ETA: according to the internet, you get a one-time chance to do it for free when you first create a gamertag. If you don't GAF about your gamerscore, you could just make a new tag the next time your live gold runs out and rebuild your friends list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't ever remember having a free gamer tag change.  Last time I changed mine, it was like 40 MSP back then.

The xbox is telling me that I need to pay the $10.    And making a new gamertag is out since I have over a year left on my subscription.  (when they cards were half off last fall I stocked up)

I'll probably just eat the $10 at sometime or another or just live with the gamertag.  Simplest and cheapest option.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Tag is Brassburn

Awesome game.  I spent a lot of time getting my ass handed to me until I got the hang of fighting vertically instead of trying to stick with a horizontal COD/CS/BF2,3 fps style.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Tag is Brassburn

Awesome game.  I spent a lot of time getting my ass handed to me until I got the hang of fighting vertically instead of trying to stick with a horizontal COD/CS/BF2,3 fps style.
View Quote

Can't find you on XBL
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:19:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Had a great showing last night.  We completely dominated teams that probably should have been better.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Metalsaber, i was never able to get into your game.  I'll try to catch up with you next time.  -Gromann7
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Sent a friend request.  Not sure how much gaming I'll be doing that NHL Playoffs are here.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#30]
The only Titan weapons I have any success with are the Chaingun, 40mm, and Triple Threat. Everything else I just can't seem to get any use out of them. Arc Cannon would be great if the range was a little longer. Plasma rifle seems abysmal at closer ranges. Quad rocket seems to be good or great at close range, and miserable at long ranges (very slow, innacurate).

Not everyone likes the Triple Threat, but I have wrecked some people using it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Plasma railgun is a whole new game once you get the instant shot add on.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Metalsaber, i was never able to get into your game.  I'll try to catch up with you next time.  -Gromann7
View Quote

Sent an invite.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Ahh, that actually makes sense.  I'm playing the PC version.

My bad.

Quoted:

Can't find you on XBL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tag is Brassburn

Can't find you on XBL

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:36:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Had a nice 2 round Last Titan Standing until the server crashed.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Great hard point matches with JMB tonight.

Had a butthole clinching 400-398 victory on one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:16:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Only 3 more Charge Rifle crits and I'll be done with level 4.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Only 3 more Charge Rifle crits and I'll be done with level 4.  
View Quote

78/100 Wins so far
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Got another accidental gooser tonight.  Only 3 more.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#40]
For Gooser, run the chain gun and fire over the heads of titans.  Pretty easy to catch pilots ejecting.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#41]
So I played TItanfall today and got in a good group so we were rolling in Last Titan Standing. However, I was getting 5-20 fps the whole time, it was horrible. I did a "hard reboot" of the Xbox so maybe that will fix the problem, I hope. Otherwise, I've got a big problem.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Honestly guys, is regenerating your guy worth it?  I'm sorely considering just staying at regen 2 and unlocking everything.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So I played TItanfall today and got in a good group so we were rolling in Last Titan Standing. However, I was getting 5-20 fps the whole time, it was horrible. I did a "hard reboot" of the Xbox so maybe that will fix the problem, I hope. Otherwise, I've got a big problem.
View Quote

I had FPS issues last night while turning my either as the pilot or in a titan. I didn't know what was happening. I haven't tried it out again tonight to see if I still have the issue.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Honestly guys, is regenerating your guy worth it?  I'm sorely considering just staying at regen 2 and unlocking everything.
View Quote

I don't think it is.  The only thing I think I am missing out on is the burn card packs you get at certain levels.  However, I still get burn cards for completing challenges.  I haven't regenerated, and I doubt I ever will.  I like having all of my player and titan unlocks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't think it is.  The only thing I think I am missing out on is the burn card packs you get at certain levels.  However, I still get burn cards for completing challenges.  I haven't regenerated, and I doubt I ever will.  I like having all of my player and titan unlocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kind of came to the same decision earlier today.  I'm going to hit 50 on this go around and just stay there to unlock everything.  Too much of a hassle IMO.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:14:05 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Other than getting the cool little flag icon or getting the max regeneration level achievement it's probably not worth it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#47]
So a question in the regen requirements. I have some simple ones to regen to 3.

1) Kill stuff with the 40mm cannon
I have both of these at rank 4
2) Kill people with the shotgun.  I hate the shotgun. Do I only need to get 1 rank of each of these, or 5? This is going to be a pain I think. I want to regen to 3 or 4 because the rank 2 tag is so common looking. :p
I am level 48 almost 49 now, so I really need to do some pilot killing with the shotgun.

ETA: hard restart on the Xbox fixed my "low framerate" problem. But why should I have to unplug my xbox and let it discharge to get it to work properly?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

So a question in the regen requirements. I have some simple ones to regen to 3.

1) Kill stuff with the 40mm cannon

I have both of these at rank 4

2) Kill people with the shotgun.  I hate the shotgun. Do I only need to get 1 rank of each of these, or 5? This is going to be a pain I think. I want to regen to 3 or 4 because the rank 2 tag is so common looking. :p

I am level 48 almost 49 now, so I really need to do some pilot killing with the shotgun.

ETA: hard restart on the Xbox fixed my "low framerate" problem. But why should I have to unplug my xbox and let it discharge to get it to work properly?
View Quote

I'm not sure what your issue is.  Haven't had any issues here.

As to #2, You need to be max Tier on all challenges in order to regen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

That SUCKS. So I have to kill like 250 creatures with the shotgun, and 100 pilots, or something like that...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That SUCKS. So I have to kill like 250 creatures with the shotgun, and 100 pilots, or something like that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shotgun is actually pretty good on maps like Angel City.   If you play Hard Point and stay around the flags it shouldn't take you very long    Most Hard Point maps have some flags in smaller rooms where the shotgun is good.  

I have actually had some of my best games killing pilots using the shotgun in Hard Point.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top