Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2014 1:09:31 AM EDT
This is a fucking amazing game.  For the few of you who don't know what it is, it's a turn based RPG that basically feels like you are playing an episode of the show.  I'm a few hours into it so far, but it's hilarious.  Anyone who enjoys the show should pick this up, no question.  It's getting great reviews too for what it's worth.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 3:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to wait until its around $30.  It's hard for me to justify spending $60 on a 14 hour game with no replay value, regardless of how good it is.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I preordered it on steam and preloaded it this weekend. I saw that it was ready to go this morning, but I have a full day ahead of me at the office before I can get to it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Picking it up on the way home. Can't wait...I've been looking forward to this game for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to wait until its around $30.  It's hard for me to justify spending $60 on a 14 hour game with no replay value, regardless of how good it is.
View Quote

Fair enough.  I'd actually say it does have replay value based on different playstyles, but YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Going to pick up my Grand Wizard edition in a few minutes. It has been getting great reviews.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

As much as I love South Park.... THIS.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I watched theRadBrad play it earlier today. Looks like a lot of fun. I want to get it but I'll waiting until it drops in price a bit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Bought it earlier... it's, amazing.

Most fun I've had in a long, long time.

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Just finished the game tonight.  Steam says I have about 16 hours into it, with the main quest and most of the side quests completed.  Probably could finish it all up by the 17 hour mark.  Not bad at all.  I think I could get 1 more good main-story playthrough out of it, where I play as a different class and character and see enough new stuff to keep it interesting.  There's a couple of divergent path options that you can take during the story that would change your experience.  So depending on how you play, there's probably 20-25 hours of content or so total for the game.

It really is like a long episode of South Park, and as a big fan of the show I absolutely loved this.  My only complaints are 1. - it's not a great PC port (no key rebinding sucks ass), and 2. - I had several instances of game-breaking bugs that locked the game up.  I'm hoping they will get fixed soon by a patch.

Overall, would absolutely say it's worth $60, more so than a lot of other full price games out there.  I actually got a steam voucher from GMG for $45 or so, but even at full price I think it would be worth it.  Especially if you are a fan of the show.  Everything is perfectly done.  And even though I don't like turn-based RPGs, this one kept my interest all the way through.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 5:43:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I was able to play for about 45 minutes last night and I laughed the whole time. If you like South Park then you will love this game as it is South Park to the core. I literally had to pause the game at one point during a fight sequence as I was laughing too hard (in a nutshell I threw my own crap at one of the other kids, causing him to puke all over himself and "die", at which point the other kid just blurts out "dude what the fuck man?")

I'm playing it with an XBox controller so I don't have any real complaints about key bindings, but the spartan graphics options are kind of odd. Admittedly the game is about as simple as you can get so there is no real need for graphics options outside of resolution I suppose. I haven't seen any sign of stutter or glitching yet, although I am probably less than an hour into the game.

I really want to get back to it tonight but I MUST play Walking Dead S2E2 tonight before I do. For as great as the Stick of Truth feels, the Walking Dead Telltale game takes precedent with me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Mr. Slave's attack is pretty hilarious as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup.  That is the one that is best I have seen so far.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#14]
The reviews are great.  I love the RPG aspects of it.  It'll be a great game.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I just found the blood orgy in the woods.  The woodland critters are now my friends.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I was ROFL'n when I saw it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Just got it. Fucking funny as shit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:45:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Been playing it for a couple of days now. Funny as hell
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Rented it from redbox at midnight and marathoned the shit of it almost 100% completion. The Hasselhoff is worth it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just found the blood orgy in the woods.  The woodland critters are now my friends.  
View Quote

I wondered if they were out there in the woods.   Gonna have to looking now that I am beyond having to worry about zombies that annoy.the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I wondered if they were out there in the woods.   Gonna have to looking now that I am beyond having to worry about zombies that annoy.the hell out of me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't get there randomly.  There's a code in a couple of houses that tells you where you need to go.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Hell, that's about all I've been doing for the past week. Put in ~20 hours completing all the sidequests as a thief and beating the game. Went back and did it again as Jew class. Might do another as a mage. This game has me literally laughing out loud multiple times, even on my second play through. Have 60 some percent Steam achievements unlocked.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I can't beat Algore
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can't beat Algore
View Quote

That battle is tough, especially if you are low level.  I found that the best way is to just keep stacking debuffs with your weapons and abilities - bleeding, gross out, fire, etc.  For me a weapon that only did maybe 1 damage but added stacks of bleeding was more effective than a more powerful weapon that didn't add any damage over time.  I also found that just spamming power potions and using my most powerful special abilities over and over was pretty effective.  Butter's Chaos ability works well

Also, have both your guys use a coffee at the beginning of the fight and whenever otherwise possible, so that you can get an extra attack in when possible.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I can't beat Algore
View Quote

You want Jimmy in on this one. Use his lullaby to put the agents to sleep while you stack bleeds and burns on Al. I also found that the frost/slow patch works well on bosses. Definitely want a full stock of speed potions too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I can't beat Algore
View Quote

As a Jew I made liberal use of sling of david and jew-jitsu. I kept Gore slowed with the snowball with a fire strap on.

Drink lots of potions, and swap between Kenny and Butters. Use Kenny's rat AOE, unicorn summon, and charm attack debuff. Swapping refills PP, so I'll typically just use up Kenny's PP then swap.

I did it pretty early (level 8 or 9), so I didn't even have Jimmy yet.

Blocking all attacks was pretty critical. First try I wiped because I missed a couple.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 5:42:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Algore was easy for me compared to the petri dish mold monsters. I wiped out both Algore battles in one attempt but it took me like four tries to find the right weapon / sticker combo to stop the mold monsters.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

That was quite possibly the funniest part of any game I've ever played.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

As a Jew I made liberal use of sling of david and jew-jitsu. I kept Gore slowed with the snowball with a fire strap on.

Drink lots of potions, and swap between Kenny and Butters. Use Kenny's rat AOE, unicorn summon, and charm attack debuff. Swapping refills PP, so I'll typically just use up Kenny's PP then swap.

Blocking all attacks was pretty critical. First try I wiped because I missed a couple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't beat Algore

There are also attacks that strip armor, which is the reason for single damage. Stan has one such ability. AFAIK that is one debuff that cannot be rectified.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#32]
I made it through the abortion clinic and into Canada last night.

Canada is a fucking riot.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I can't beat Algore
View Quote

Took me forever to beat him. Like others have said, you need debuffs to beat him. I spammed him with fire and used the bull attack several times taking away half his armor with each time I used it.

I have now beat the game. No replay value my ass...I'm going to run through it again as a different class. I'm also an achievement whore so I need to finish those up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#34]
if this game was multiplayer it would dominate the steam charts.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
if this game was multiplayer it would dominate the steam charts.
View Quote

Multiplayer in this game wouldn't work IMO.  I'd rather have just the single player

ETA:  I suppose co-op might, but even then it would be less than ideal.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Easily the most fun I have ever had playing a game. The absurdity of it all had me laughing all the way through.

Matt and Trey REALLY had fun with Canada. "Welcome to Newfoundland! We have the best sodomy in all of Canada!"
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Indeed,  Stick of Truth is one of the most entertaining productions out there. I enjoyed it!
I will say one thing as far as people saying classes dont matter.. they do! You have gear that is class specific but you dont HAVE to use it. When you stick to the right items class means a lot more.

I hate to say it.. I absolutely love this game but it will probably be better to wait a few months till the price comes down. Only one game that I know of this sort that stayed full price for over a year and that was Final Fantasy 7..  SOT is no FF7 but it will be $30 well friggin' spent if you want a new game and like South Park.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Took me forever to beat him. Like others have said, you need debuffs to beat him. I spammed him with fire and used the bull attack several times taking away half his armor with each time I used it.

I have now beat the game. No replay value my ass...I'm going to run through it again as a different class. I'm also an achievement whore so I need to finish those up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't beat Algore

I just got into Canada today.  

This game cracks me up.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This game cracks me up.

http://www.theoryofgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/canada.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't beat Algore

This game cracks me up.

http://www.theoryofgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/canada.png

"Newfoundland has the finest sodomy in all of canada!"  
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#40]
$40 on amazon now.  Think it's about time I picked it up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#41]
My nephew brought it over for a lazy Sunday of gaming

Holy shit! Laugh my ass off. How about the blonde in one of the first few houses! LOL

Great game, I will be picking a copy up when the price comes down.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#42]
You NEVER, EVER fart on another man's balls  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:36:55 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

You NEVER, EVER fart on another man's balls  
View Quote

...until you need to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top