Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yeah. We saved your spot

Thanks guys

It's listed as closed still, I'll rejoin as soon as it's open

you're gtg RG welcome back

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
sorry b d o n k, we're full up atm as soon as savage winchester rejoins.

If theres any openings in The Arfcom Clan, or Arfcom Mutiny i would try there.

the other arfcom clans i believe are open to anyone and have no organization
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I also think theres enough interest after I made a thread in GD to start a 4th active ARFCOM clan if a few people took it upon themselves to get it up and organize it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Any room for another member?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

There may be soon.  Our participation in the last war was awful.  We would have won a tough war but for several people not showing up, some of whom have done so many times before - though not necessarily two wars in a row.  I'd rather have some new low level participating members than ones who can't be counted on to show up but maybe every other war.  It's not like it's difficult to attack twice in a 24 hour period every 3 days.  Hell, I can do it even though I incur the wrath of the sammich maker at times.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There may be soon.  Our participation in the last war was awful.  We would have won a tough war but for several people not showing up, some of whom have done so many times before - though not necessarily two wars in a row.  I'd rather have some new low level participating members than ones who can't be counted on to show up but maybe every other war.  It's not like it's difficult to attack twice in a 24 hour period every 3 days.  Hell, I can do it even though I incur the wrath of the sammich maker at times.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are the sammiches pretty good?

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]
bumped joe off the roster for missing 2 wars/inactivity. So we currently have 1 spot free.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:02:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
bumped joe off the roster for missing 2 wars/inactivity. So we currently have 1 spot free.
View Quote

Just sent a request.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed they are.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm taking a break.  Dropped clan a couple of days ago, promised to post here, and here I am posting.  Been struggling to maintain interest, but it's been fading.  I was hanging on for the sake of the team, and I'm bowing out for the same reason.

I'll be passively upgrading walls, perhaps playing here and there, but mostly just taking a break.  Once my walls are 100% upgraded and I kick off my TH upgrade, I'll pop on and reserve the next slot.  I don't expect that to be anytime real soon...we'll see.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm taking a break.  Dropped clan a couple of days ago, promised to post here, and here I am posting.  Been struggling to maintain interest, but it's been fading.  I was hanging on for the sake of the team, and I'm bowing out for the same reason.

I'll be passively upgrading walls, perhaps playing here and there, but mostly just taking a break.  Once my walls are 100% upgraded and I kick off my TH upgrade, I'll pop on and reserve the next slot.  I don't expect that to be anytime real soon...we'll see.
View Quote

Sorry to see you go.  I will pillage some chinamen tonight in your honor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Come on over to retiree's. We war maybe once a month
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Invitation accepted.  If anyone's looking for me, I'll be tooling around my base in a golf cart bitching about the divets the jihadis are making in my lawn.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I am also unfortunately bowing out for a bit as well. Going through a personal struggle and squeezing in as much fishing as I can til its cold means that I can't be as active as I'd like or as you guys deserve. There are many a weekend where I go camping on Friday morning and come back Sunday night and have missed an entire war . Anyways when it gets closer to winter I will see if there is a spot left that I can jump in. Thanks for everything and its been a fun ride. Hope to see you all again!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks like the 1 gem collector boost is coming this weekend
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am also unfortunately bowing out for a bit as well. Going through a personal struggle and squeezing in as much fishing as I can til its cold means that I can't be as active as I'd like or as you guys deserve. There are many a weekend where I go camping on Friday morning and come back Sunday night and have missed an entire war . Anyways when it gets closer to winter I will see if there is a spot left that I can jump in. Thanks for everything and its been a fun ride. Hope to see you all again!
View Quote

What's your coc name?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Come over to retirees
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#18]
damn that sucks twelve and ihack, but understandable. Hopefully you guys can join back up again later.

For now tho, we have 1 spot open to get a 50 man roster going so our lower level guys can participate in clan war.

we'll be kicking war off tonight an hour earlier to compensate for the upcoming weekend maintenance breaks.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#19]
So retirees have an accidental war started by a 6 year old. If any one wants to stop by with war troops,we would appreciate it
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#20]
are you fucking kidding me? 1 hour 30 mins maintenance break? FUCKKKK
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:43:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Hahahah. We're all talking about a short break and then we get this massive 1.5 hour break... Good luck Ryk, there will be no boost left at all...
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:43:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah this 1 1/2 hour break is bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:48:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Hahahah. We're all talking about a short break and then we get this massive 1.5 hour break... Good luck Ryk, there will be no boost left at all...
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:50:30 AM EDT
[#24]
guess i will have to play a different game, sigh.bf4 it is!

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:16:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Boost is going to have to wait till morning now.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:40:45 AM EDT
[#26]
you guys are missing the awesome loot after patch/maintenance breaks that the clash of clans forum is always bragging about

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:37:36 AM EDT
[#27]
see you bitches in 1 hour 30 mins for loot city
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:38:32 AM EDT
[#28]
What a waste of gems...
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:54:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone going to be on after this maintenance break?

-Joe
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:45:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone play with an Xbox One?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#31]
You know, I hadn't looked at the other clans in awhile, so when I checked everyone out today I got a big grin on my face.

Proud to say I founded and co-led the best damned CoC clan on arfcom.  Currently leading the trophy count, and in front of Mutiny by 10 wins.

Totally credit a great group of players who keep it entertaining and team-spirited!  Keep on kicking ass!

That said...I'm really enjoying the break over here, the Retirees are great.  I went a whole day without looking at my phone.  Loooooved it, even if I did get raided 3 times and all my loot stolen.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoting this because it has come up in the game chat again.

Quoted:

Yah we really do need to have a better discussion about attack strategies and yes as Twelve said, it is just a casual phone game to some, but I don't think its asking too much to get everyone on track with known/successful war armies/strategies.
Basically what I've been seeing alot of lately is what I'm going to call the "clusterfuck' attack... which seems to be a handful of every possible troop in the game. A golem here, some giants, wizards, a few hogriders, a single dragon, barbs, archers, minions, couple balloons, a valk and a healer. All spammed out in a big group. And as you can imagine these types of attacks are always destroyed quickly (if not by the clan castle troops) because these variety armies just don't work, they may have in the past against easier targets, but they surely won't work now.
Basically at our level if we want to stay competitive and keep winning clan wars ( I KNOW EVERYONE LOVES WINNING! I KNOW I DO! ) then we have to learn a few attack strats/army setups that will have ppl doing better in clan war in no time flat!
Common Giant Attack: which consists of giants, wall breakers, wizards as clean up to follow the giants in and be clean-up crew and then 3 heals or 2 heal+1 rage for spells (this setup can be modified differently by also using a healer but not recommended as the 14 spots a healer takes up are better used for a few more giants.) [Notes: This type of attack still works well in war when clan castle troops are properly taken out before launching attack]

Dragon Attack: I think most of us are familiar with this attack. You use all dragons for your attack. 3 Rage or 2 Rage + 1 Heal for spells (this setup can be modified by removing a dragon or two and using archers to clean up some outside areas before launching dragons or sending in a few hog riders to attack a close to the outside Air Defense) The best choice for clan castle troops in this setup is either a dragon or using Level 6 Balloons [Notes: This type of attack is much harder to get 2 or 3 stars against bases with high level Air Defenses (Level 5-6+)] The best place to start this attack is the side with the strongest air defense, also you MUST control the flanks, with higher level minions or with your heros, anything to get the dragons to go toward the middle not sideways - Taintless
Hog Rider Attack: This is an attack where you run the majority of your army with hog riders. My typical load out at TH8 with 200 troop spots is 33 Hog riders, 8 wizards, 3 archers, 3 Heal Spells, 6 Wizards+1 Archer in Clan Castle. You use 1-3 of the hog riders as bait to pop the clan castle and then use the archers and wizards to kill the troops  BEFORE launching the entire group of hogs and then you have to sit there and make sure you get your heal spells down or your hogs will die pretty fast. After you deploy all your heal spells deploy any remaining troops/heroes on the outside of the base AWAY from any remaining defense units. [Notes: I have a really high success rate with this type of attack, but you can get shut down pretty fast if your hogs hit alot of spring traps and big bombs]
will add a few more later

including gowipe, gowiwi, balloon+minion

View Quote
I suck at words, but I'll give it a shot

GoWiPe:

This is really just a glorified Common Giant Attack (CGA from now on)

The Golem is used to draw fire, high hit points but very low damage.  golem on it's own will die before making it through a wall. Once you drop the golem use a couple wizards to clear the buildings on the flank then pekkas should follow, I find 3 of them is best, the wizards on the flanks to are to keep the pekka aimed toward the center. Use wallbreakers us you see fit to punch through the outer walls. Then followed by a wave of concentrated wizards. The golem and pekka are too heavy for spring traps so they will set them off safely. Spells for this should be mostly rage, with 1 heal or jump. This is almost always a 2-3 star attack
GoWiWI:

Again similar to the CGA

Drop golem to meat shield, with wall breakers to punch through, drop a couple wizards to clean up the flanks then your main wizard attack, and then drop the witches in the rear. Witches do low damage and have low hit points so you want to keep them out of the fight, where they make a difference is in their non-stop skeletons the raise. These little guys are fast and draw fire, this keeps your golem alive longer and the two together keep your wizards alive as well. The effectiveness of the skeletons can't be overstated with this attack, when they die the witch just spawns more for an endless wave of cannon fodder. Wizards in a group will easily punch holes in walls. Spells for this are Rage, and maybe a heal. Done right this is a very hard attack to defend against
Balloonian:

This is a simple, fun, and very effective attack. Lots of  Balloons (I use 32+) and Minions. Start the attack on the side with the strongest air defense and deploy your balloons, some people like a line along the side, or to dump them all in one spot. I personally like to dump them in two spots at the same time (use 2 thumbs ) use rage spells only and use them liberally. Once your balloons start attacking the first set of defenses deploy your minions in a line on the same side. They will follow and clean up the non-defense buildings. The biggest problem you will run into here is wizard towers clustered in the center, AA in the center and air bombs. The balloons do massive damage for their troop slot space but move slow and have low health. They also clump up which makes them vulnerable to splash damage. The rage spells speed them up, and take the damage to a devastating level and in a small way keep them from bunching up too bad by destroying the targets before they can bunch up over them. You can try heal spells, but for me rage works better. If you have the lava hound available it takes this attack to the next level, it draws all the fire and the lava pups are essentially minions This attack is highly base dependent
Modified Giant Attack:

This is essentially the CGA with pekka or witches and is a cheaper GoWiPe, or GoWiWi, you use giants instead of Golem. The downside is you can't bring as many wizards, and pekka (I'd say 2 pekka for this) You need more troop slots for giants here 1 golem=6 giants I think you need 15+ giants or so, depending on your camp size. The upside is the giants do a good amount of damage to the defenses while being meat shields for the wizards. Drop your pekka or witches the same way you would for the GoWiPe or GoWiWi This is a good alternative if you don't have a lot of Dark Elixir to spend

Any of these are guidelines, and should be practiced and modified to fit your play style, what works for me might not work for you.
I will add that you should focus your troops upgrades toward one war army, for example, upgrade your hogs and heal spells as much as you can, or your giants and wizards, etc.
I don't think we want to call out anyone by name for bad attacks just yet, but I could see it happening if some of the same mistakes aren't addressed. I think the unacceptable mistakes are the "clusterfuck" attacks mentioned above and not popping the CC (with an asterisk next to the dragon attack on that one)
I will gladly help out anyone who wants some help with strategy, I'll watch your attacks and give advice, cook up an army with your camp size and do a couple example attacks (of course my troop levels would be different) I'm more than happy to help out anyway I can if anyone wants. Just ask
~Taintless

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Lookin for clan members...

team hell fire

Leader: Steel
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I had to bail on the ARFCOM Clan to join the Retirees Clan. It was time to chillax on the COC a little bit. I was suffering from PTSD from all the wars.

roy d...can I bring an appetizer or a side dish?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Fruit plate?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

GoWiPe:

The Golem is used to draw fire, high hit points but very low damage.  golem on it's own will die before making it through a wall. Once you drop the golem use a couple wizards to clear the buildings on the flank then pekkas should follow, I find 3 of them is best, the wizards on the flanks to are to keep the pekka aimed toward the center. Use wallbreakers us you see fit to punch through the outer walls. Then followed by a wave of concentrated wizards. The golem and pekka are too heavy for spring traps so they will set them off safely. Spells for this should be mostly rage, with 1 heal or jump. This is almost always a 2-3 star attack

GoWiWI:

Again similar to the CGA

Drop golem to meat shield, with wall breakers to punch through, drop a couple wizards to clean up the flanks then your main wizard attack, and then drop the witches in the rear. Witches do low damage and have low hit points so you want to keep them out of the fight, where they make a difference is in their non-stop skeletons the raise. These little guys are fast and draw fire, this keeps your golem alive longer and the two together keep your wizards alive as well. The effectiveness of the skeletons can't be overstated with this attack, when they die the witch just spawns more for an endless wave of cannon fodder. Wizards in a group will easily punch holes in walls. Spells for this are Rage, and maybe a heal. Done right this is a very hard attack to defend against

Balloonian:

This is a simple, fun, and very effective attack. Lots of  Balloons (I use 32+) and Minions. Start the attack on the side with the strongest air defense and deploy your balloons, some people like a line along the side, or to dump them all in one spot. I personally like to dump them in two spots at the same time (use 2 thumbs ) use rage spells only and use them liberally. Once your balloons start attacking the first set of defenses deploy your minions in a line on the same side. They will follow and clean up the non-defense buildings. The biggest problem you will run into here is wizard towers clustered in the center, AA in the center and air bombs. The balloons do massive damage for their troop slot space but move slow and have low health. They also clump up which makes them vulnerable to splash damage. The rage spells speed them up, and take the damage to a devastating level and in a small way keep them from bunching up too bad by destroying the targets before they can bunch up over them. You can try heal spells, but for me rage works better. If you have the lava hound available it takes this attack to the next level, it draws all the fire and the lava pups are essentially minions This attack is highly base dependent

Modified Giant Attack:

This is essentially the CGA with pekka or witches and is a cheaper GoWiPe, or GoWiWi, you use giants instead of Golem. The downside is you can't bring as many wizards, and pekka (I'd say 2 pekka for this) You need more troop slots for giants here 1 golem=6 giants I think you need 15+ giants or so, depending on your camp size. The upside is the giants do a good amount of damage to the defenses while being meat shields for the wizards. Drop your pekka or witches the same way you would for the GoWiPe or GoWiWi This is a good alternative if you don't have a lot of Dark Elixir to spend

Any of these are guidelines, and should be practiced and modified to fit your play style, what works for me might not work for you.
I will add that you should focus your troops upgrades toward one war army, for example, upgrade your hogs and heal spells as much as you can, or your giants and wizards, etc.

I don't think we want to call out anyone by name for bad attacks just yet, but I could see it happening if some of the same mistakes aren't addressed. I think the unacceptable mistakes are the "clusterfuck" attacks mentioned above and not popping the CC (with an asterisk next to the dragon attack on that one)

I will gladly help out anyone who wants some help with strategy, I'll watch your attacks and give advice, cook up an army with your camp size and do a couple example attacks (of course my troop levels would be different) I'm more than happy to help out anyway I can if anyone wants. Just ask

~Taintless

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yah we really do need to have a better discussion about attack strategies and yes as Twelve said, it is just a casual phone game to some, but I don't think its asking too much to get everyone on track with known/successful war armies/strategies.

Basically what I've been seeing alot of lately is what I'm going to call the "clusterfuck' attack... which seems to be a handful of every possible troop in the game. A golem here, some giants, wizards, a few hogriders, a single dragon, barbs, archers, minions, couple balloons, a valk and a healer. All spammed out in a big group. And as you can imagine these types of attacks are always destroyed quickly (if not by the clan castle troops) because these variety armies just don't work, they may have in the past against easier targets, but they surely won't work now.

Basically at our level if we want to stay competitive and keep winning clan wars ( I KNOW EVERYONE LOVES WINNING! I KNOW I DO! ) then we have to learn a few attack strats/army setups that will have ppl doing better in clan war in no time flat!

Common Giant Attack: which consists of giants, wall breakers, wizards as clean up to follow the giants in and be clean-up crew and then 3 heals or 2 heal+1 rage for spells (this setup can be modified differently by also using a healer but not recommended as the 14 spots a healer takes up are better used for a few more giants.) [Notes: This type of attack still works well in war when clan castle troops are properly taken out before launching attack]

Dragon Attack: I think most of us are familiar with this attack. You use all dragons for your attack. 3 Rage or 2 Rage + 1 Heal for spells (this setup can be modified by removing a dragon or two and using archers to clean up some outside areas before launching dragons or sending in a few hog riders to attack a close to the outside Air Defense) The best choice for clan castle troops in this setup is either a dragon or using Level 6 Balloons [Notes: This type of attack is much harder to get 2 or 3 stars against bases with high level Air Defenses (Level 5-6+)] The best place to start this attack is the side with the strongest air defense, also you MUST control the flanks, with higher level minions or with your heros, anything to get the dragons to go toward the middle not sideways - Taintless

Hog Rider Attack: This is an attack where you run the majority of your army with hog riders. My typical load out at TH8 with 200 troop spots is 33 Hog riders, 8 wizards, 3 archers, 3 Heal Spells, 6 Wizards+1 Archer in Clan Castle. You use 1-3 of the hog riders as bait to pop the clan castle and then use the archers and wizards to kill the troops  BEFORE launching the entire group of hogs and then you have to sit there and make sure you get your heal spells down or your hogs will die pretty fast. After you deploy all your heal spells deploy any remaining troops/heroes on the outside of the base AWAY from any remaining defense units. [Notes: I have a really high success rate with this type of attack, but you can get shut down pretty fast if your hogs hit alot of spring traps and big bombs]

will add a few more later

including gowipe, gowiwi, balloon+minion

GoWiPe:

GoWiWI:

Again similar to the CGA

Balloonian:

Modified Giant Attack:

~Taintless

Thanks for the tips guys. I know I have made some bad decisions in the wars and failed to get the stars I should have. There is a lot of useful info here that I will try to implement into my tactics.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Didn't know it was a 1500 trophy minimum. I bailed with 1350. I'll work that up to get in.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Sub reddit for the new Warriors Clan
http://www.reddit.com/r/ARFCOMWarriors/
it is private so you will need to be accepted to view the posts

edit:

ok, to join the subreddit go to this link once you have created an account

http://www.reddit.com/message/compose/

in the "TO" field put "/r/ARFCOMWarriors/"

that should send a message to me or the other mods and we can approve you

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Didn't know it was a 1500 trophy minimum. I bailed with 1350. I'll work that up to get in.  
View Quote
sorry, i fixed that

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
sorry, i fixed that

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sorry, i fixed that

I just spent 40 gems boosting my barracks to train enough trooops to attack enough to reach 1500, which I just did lol. Request sent "hardass"
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Okay just so everyone logging into the game/forum knows whats going on...
As you know we've just lost our 4th war in a row and we can all blame a variety of issues as to why (participation, bad attacks, attacking too high, etc) but the fact of the matter is that we are just a clan with a varied membership. We have guys who are on hours a day/night raiding and talking strat or just talking bullshit and having fun. We have guys who are casuals, you might see them on once a night for a few minutes, and talk a bit. And we have guys you never see say a word at all in chat. And even if we somehow pull out the win, those same issues are there, which is why most of our wins are because of lack of participation from the other team.
Me and some others have been trying to help better the clan for months and months but it just doesn't work with the scattered membership. You can't help the guys that don't browse the forum. You can't help the guys who don't even have time to raid at night. You can't help the guys who don't read the chat. There's only so much you can do to try and better things, but in the end its not our clan, and its not our place to change the rules and crack down because that just hurts the casual players who play the game to zone out and have a moment of fun.
None of this is personal, there's no hard feelings...no ones mad at anyone, and no ones blaming anyone. We've all had a ton of fun together and have 37 Clan War wins to show for it.
So with that said.... some of us co-leaders and other members who are on raiding, chatting, and talking strat every night were brainstorming some ideas after the war tonight...we talked about how maybe we should take a break from war and try to help teach people some new attack strats and practice luring out the clan castle troops... but we've been there, done that many times before... the clan just has too many casual players that just aren't paying attention. And there's nothing wrong with that.
So the idea to form a strictly competitive clan seemed to be on the minds of many of us who were there after the war. We came up with some basic rules and how we want to go about it. We're going to be a clan with a high activity rate, minimum townhall level of 8, must be able to lure out clan castle troops, must be willing to learn and use competitive attack strategies in clan war, must use both attacks in clan war, no kids, must be on the forum, we're also setting up ways to communicate better with instant messaging, a private subreddit, and possible team speak server.  Its just all something we've wanted for awhile, but just couldn't make it work right in the other clan.
So this ended up being quite the TLDR post but I figured I should probably post a detailed explanation of what went down tonight for the people who weren't around when it did.
We named the clan ARFCOM Warriors, and have had a dozen or so funnel in from the clan already. I don't want to come off as an ass, but since we are doing this as a strict competitive clan, we're just not taking everyone that applies, so please don't be offended and take it personal. If you've been rejected its most likely due to your base not being up to snuff (rushed) or we think you may just be too casual of a player and are better suited in the old clan.
If anything you guys should get some easier war matchups now with some of the heavy hitters out. I also plan on bringing my alt account up to a high enough level to bring into the other clan so I can still hang out if you'll have me. I know I still would like to hang out with you all and shoot the shit.
We did have about 4 co-leaders come over tho, so BD and Dog will have to get some new co-leaders setup so you guys can manage war and such.
Best of luck everyone,
-ryk
TLDR: Started new clan, mutual leave, no hard feelings, strict rules for new clan; not for everyone.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:58:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:  

TLDR: Started new clan, mutual leave, no hard feelings, strict rules for new clan; not for everyone.

View Quote

Well said Ryk. It will suck not talking to the old clan but it was headed in a different direction than some of us wanted.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well said Ryk. It will suck not talking to the old clan but it was headed in a different direction than some of us wanted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  

This is the last post I'll be making in this thread. It was fun playing with you guys. Hope to see you around.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  

Has anyone talked to the other clans about some player swaps?  I seriously doubt a new clan is the solution to your dilemma.  We have more than enough clans to support the invite requests, so you'll end up pulling in more non-arfcommers, to the point it can hardly be called an arfcom clan.

You're the clan leaders...if the clan was going in the wrong direction...it's because you steered it wrong.  Not being mean, just stating fact.  How would a new clan solve that problem?

Swap some players.  Give notice that minimum levels are going into effect, give folk time to catch up or move to another arfcom clan.  If people aren't responding to chat or the forum, BOOT THEM, it would NOT be the first time we've booted someone for that reason!

Taking your toys and going home is NOT leading.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Has anyone talked to the other clans about some player swaps?  I seriously doubt a new clan is the solution to your dilemma.  We have more than enough clans to support the invite requests, so you'll end up pulling in more non-arfcommers, to the point it can hardly be called an arfcom clan.

You're the clan leaders...if the clan was going in the wrong direction...it's because you steered it wrong.  Not being mean, just stating fact.  How would a new clan solve that problem?

Swap some players.  Give notice that minimum levels are going into effect, give folk time to catch up or move to another arfcom clan.  If people aren't responding to chat or the forum, BOOT THEM, it would NOT be the first time we've booted someone for that reason!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  

I have to agree with 12 on this one. no hard feelings, but not cool how this was handled.

Either way, ARFCOM Clan is now open for new recruits. Remember to use the password.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#47]
This was pretty sneaky.  Was there some reason that this was kept a secret and you guys just bailed?  Was this planned ahead of time?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

This was pretty sneaky.  Was there some reason that this was kept a secret and you guys just bailed?  Was this planned ahead of time?
View Quote
It wasn't a secret, and it wasn't planned at all, it got mentioned in chat and it all happened fairly quick, less than an hour or so.

We realized that what some us wanted wasn't what everyone wanted so instead of trying to change the clan to what we wanted which wouldn't be fair we jumped ship and made our own.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It wasn't a secret, and it wasn't planned at all, it got mentioned in chat and it all happened fairly quick, less than an hour or so.

We realized that what some us wanted wasn't what everyone wanted so instead of trying to change the clan to what we wanted which wouldn't be fair we jumped ship and made our own.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see.  I share many of your frustrations, but I think things can be fixed, as far as issues go.  Certainly, if you guys want to get more into serious warring, you will be able to do that now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Well cool! Opens up space!

I will ask to join in a bit.

Zor, lvl 97 Master III
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top