Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Posted: 2/6/2014 11:31:26 AM EDT

Hey guys, I wanted to start this thread so members of the newest AR15.com Clash of Clans group "ARFCOM Clan" could get together and introduce themselves and discuss the game. Unfortunately the chat in game is limited and a pain in the butt for extended conversations.
First I would like to thank twelvepack for creating the group and offering me a leadership role. That was my biggest pet peeve about our other clan "ARFCOM" We had several active members but none of us could make any changes that would help us all move forward. I feel like participation should be rewarded and if you play daily, give troops, want to be more than a regular player then I will make you an elder. If I don't immediately notice your efforts and you really want it then message me and we will see what we can do. I know the playing habits of members of our other clan that are transitioning to our new group so I have already promoted some and will promote others if they come.
This is a game and its meant as a way to have fun. Something we do want is players that actively participate, give troops whenever possible. Its not hard and really benefits you in the end as you gain experience points and level up as you donate. So please help whenever possible. Don't be that guy who has received several hundred reinforcements but didn't give any in return
I guess thats it for now but I want everyone of our chiefs to know freedom of speech is king here and if you need or want to discuss anything about the game please feel free. Any hints or strategies you find that works share them with your fellow clansmen. My tip of the day is don't be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help or reinforcements. And when you ask for donations please be specific if there is something you want in particular. Some players will use them for either defense or attack so be specific. Others may not have what you want but give what they can. Me personally I'm grateful for any that I get
Have fun,
Doggula
Update. To keep out unwanted guests we have adopted a new challenge phrase. FUAROCK 87 times.
Current Clan List 10/17/14
Game Tag:        /     Arfcom Tag:
1.Sir Dennis / madmedic
2.Zor/ JoshAR
3.bamaflinger                    / same
4.crackerdice/
5.poopstain /                     heysoos
6.cljones1/
7.megsandblake/
8.Harlock/
9.Doggula /                       honorabledog
10.bdjaw /                         binga
11.lizard brain/
12.ruffed grouse/ savage_winchester
13.kaizer                              / ?
14.tmn /  rv10flyer
15.STRTWYZ / super_sport
16.Nolaren /                         ?
17.Dwew4200 /                   Adburmaster
18.SirJohn /                      LawyerUp
19.Cardphan1/
20.Glydemn/ same
21.KevDog/ benedictgomez
22.Tommy
23.stoaste                            ?
24.SGTDWW504 / Same
25. NSSHIRY
26.mikeseeker /                      ?
27.Hector /                         PC-Tech
28.Niss/
29.bone /                           tonn77
30.Steve/
31.b00m /                          Rupert_MN
33.Josh    friend of bone (tonn77)
34.johnnydotexe/
35.RM
/
36.AaronTheGreat/            Kyfortean
37. ironhead/
39.ted/
40.Greyknight
41.Callahan762

*I put this rough draft together on what info I could get by skimming the various threads. Names are in no particular order at this time. If your CoC name is followed by a ? please post up your Arfcom handle here so I can update the list. If a CoC name is a friend or family post it up so we know. We dont want to inadvertently boot a player because of an inactive status due to them using a shield to level up, or on vacation, etc.
**Special Guests=  M10mm/ebbtide

Clan Wars- Official 11/16/14 We have 44 wins !
   Our strategy is working pretty good. We hit them hard early and take control of the action. I'm proud of the way you all work together. Keep it up! Try to save the enemies bottom 5 players for our bottom 5 to smash. If no one has hit them by the time we get to the last 6hrs then they are free to anyone.

Link Posted: 2/6/2014 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Dog and twelvepack, hopefully with this new clan and active leaders we can start to move up the rankings.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Joined last night.  Thanks for opening up another clan.  I will donate as much as possible when I'm online.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Joined yesterday...IGN: ibsteve949
kinda new to the game and I haven't done anything with a clan, so any tips and tricks you can share would be awesome.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Joined yesterday...IGN: ibsteve949
kinda new to the game and I haven't done anything with a clan, so any tips and tricks you can share would be awesome.
View Quote

What you upgrade first depends on how active you plan on being.  If you plan on fighting alot, upgrade your collectors and mines last, you get much more from active "collection" than you do passively.  Get your defences and storage as high as you can, and ALWAYS have your townhall upgrading.

If you're less active, then just upgrade everything as the same pace.  You can compare your collector's capacity against their production rate to see how often you need to login to collect...I think you're good for about 10 hours (assuming you aren't attacked).

When you're upgrading collectors and storage, I think you're much better off maxing out a single unit (max lvl is dependent on your town hall level) than you are creating multiple units...in other words, don't create a new unit until you can't do anything with your first.  This will keep you more compact and let you keep more of your resources inside walls.  Unlike barracks and defences, storage units are unaffected while being upgraded.

I just started a couple of days ago, so most of what I'm saying is really just expressing my regret at how I would rather have done things.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey ibffsteve...does that wall configuration you have work?  I'd think enemy units could just run around the ends, but if they can't traverse the map border then what you're doing would be a much better use of walls.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Every time I think I have a good general strategy/army composition, I just start losing.  This game gets a helluva lot harder after day 3.  I don't know if I should be worried about trophies yet, or if I should be raping and pillaging purely for loot to upgrade everything, THEN worry about trophies.

The horde of goblins...yeah, that doesn't work at all once people start putting up better defenses.  Gain some loot, but no chance of the 50% damage unless you can take out all their splash dmg defense, and seldom enough loot to make it worthwhile.

Running with 2 wall breakers, 6 giants, 9 archers, 9 goblins, and 18 berserkers right now.  A couple of berserkers to draw fire, then wall breakers to open a hole, then unleash the berserkers to eat bombs and soak damage, then the giants to take down defenses, the goblins to wipe out resources, then the archers behind them all to increase damage all over.  Seems to work okay, but I'd love to hear some critiques and suggestions.

Can't wait to get the damned town hall to level 5.  I feel so retarded for neglecting it...need to drill it into everyone who starts, town hall should always be in upgrade mode!
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Joined Ronin Of Hounds
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Same name here as CoC....
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey ibffsteve...does that wall configuration you have work?  I'd think enemy units could just run around the ends, but if they can't traverse the map border then what you're doing would be a much better use of walls.
View Quote

Dont know. I just moved thing around

I'll let you know in a few minutes
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Enemies can spawn just off the border... that is not a good layout...
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Hello all.

Aaron the Great checking in.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 12:30:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw this thread earlier today and joined on my phone but I haven't had time to get back here. Anyway I'm just checking in. I'm kind of new to the game only been playing for about a week and a half but I have to say it is addictive. If there is anything I should be doing to help out or protect myself or do something different please let me know.

Thank
TKolbus
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Every time I think I have a good general strategy/army composition, I just start losing.  This game gets a helluva lot harder after day 3.  I don't know if I should be worried about trophies yet, or if I should be raping and pillaging purely for loot to upgrade everything, THEN worry about trophies.

The horde of goblins...yeah, that doesn't work at all once people start putting up better defenses.  Gain some loot, but no chance of the 50% damage unless you can take out all their splash dmg defense, and seldom enough loot to make it worthwhile.

Running with 2 wall breakers, 6 giants, 9 archers, 9 goblins, and 18 berserkers right now.  A couple of berserkers to draw fire, then wall breakers to open a hole, then unleash the berserkers to eat bombs and soak damage, then the giants to take down defenses, the goblins to wipe out resources, then the archers behind them all to increase damage all over.  Seems to work okay, but I'd love to hear some critiques and suggestions.

Can't wait to get the damned town hall to level 5.  I feel so retarded for neglecting it...need to drill it into everyone who starts, town hall should always be in upgrade mode!
View Quote

Max your army camps so you can roll with more troops.

Get the troops upgraded to level 3 and above.

Ratio is important.   Sometimes nothing will help, the idiot who spent 240 troops on attacking me with only gobs and barbz earlier today only got 13% and ZERO resources.

Currently my attacks consist of 6 giants, 4 hog riders, 3 wall breakers, 2 healers, 30 gobs, 45 archers, and 15 barbs.   I am using heal spell now almost exclusively to delay me deploying the healers until the air defenses are down.  

Sometimes you get lucky though and run into the window licker base that is an easy score.  

Something to think about.   Trophies might be less important to the over all goal.   Resources allow you to make the upgrades you need.   You will recover trophies as your strength increases through upgrades.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 7:57:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Enemies can spawn just off the border... that is not a good layout...

Guess you was right  

Yeah  that don't work.....at all
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#15]
What are the essentials that should be behind the walls?
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Just joined the clan...

Sweet!
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

You just need to keep 50% of your buildings secure...too many easy pickings outside the walls and you'll lose a lot because > 50% damage is a loss.   It's based on buildings, not resources.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You just need to keep 50% of your buildings secure...too many easy pickings outside the walls and you'll lose a lot because > 50% damage is a loss.   It's based on buildings, not resources.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#19]
How do I join, FU Arock or something?  Sign me up.  I'm Sir John.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I roll with like 9 wallbreakers and 115 barbarians.  Then I pick targets that primarily have one wall around it.  I bust all four corners and let the hordes in - preferably near the mortars and wizards.  I've got a couple for 200-300k in gold per raid doing that.  Sometimes it's an epic fail though.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Just joined.

KSUcamach

I'm pretty new, at just under 700 trophies, but I've been playing every day.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Just joined. Daffy3025.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 2:49:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Just went invite only to prevent the freeloaders from joining and getting troop donations and then bailing. If your an arfcommer shoot me a message and we will get you in.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Should have known you'd be here.

I'm in ARFCOM (the open invite one) and just a few days in, right now.

In game, I'm gorilla.

Link Posted: 2/9/2014 6:32:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Should have known you'd be here.

I'm in ARFCOM (the open invite one) and just a few days in, right now.

In game, I'm gorilla.

I tried to invite but apparently you have to apply and we accept. I put the word out to look for gorilla! I had it switched to open for about an hour and the randoms flood in for troop donations and leave Once it got to 46 I shut it down.

Link Posted: 2/11/2014 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Current clan members

Link Posted: 2/11/2014 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Let's see if you guys and guess what my name is in the game
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hens Burn??
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Hahahahah
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd guess #40 or #43
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'd guess #40 or #43
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd guess #40 or #43

Too obvious
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I need to fine out how to change my name.  I don't recall entering my real name.

Hector
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#33]
i'm bdjaw.  don't post much, lurk a couple of places.

b
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm Sir John - well me and my 6 year old son are collectively Sir John.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I am Bone. SIIHPAPP
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am Bone. SIIHPAPP
View Quote

You know that but not FBHO??
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am Bone. SIIHPAPP

Hahahah
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Taintless One here
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Just went invite only to prevent the freeloaders from joining and getting troop donations and then bailing. If your an arfcommer shoot me a message and we will get you in.

View Quote
I always check the profile of people asking for troops, if there is a big spread I don't donate. Right now I'm working of maxing out my defenses so I can protect my gold long enough to upgrade the town all, not attacking so I can make the best use of any shield time I get, but I always have a full standing army of various troops.

Link Posted: 2/12/2014 4:39:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Doggula....why you ban me?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
My bad man. Your name looked like a guy we just booted. Re apply, Ill let you in. If you had used the phrase mentioned in the OP I would have known you were good to go.

Link Posted: 2/12/2014 4:46:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My bad man. Your name looked like a guy we just booted. Re apply, Ill let you in. If you had used the phrase mentioned in the OP I would have known you were good to go.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too many CoC threads.  This one wasnt up top.  

Cant re-apply, says I've been banned from this clan.

ETA:  You have to invite me through some "gamecenter" or some crap.  Or I have to wait on a timeout period.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 4:57:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

ETA:  You have to invite me through some "gamecenter" or some crap.  Or I have to wait on a timeout period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just switched to anyone can join. See if that will let you in. I'm looking up this gamecenter now.

Link Posted: 2/12/2014 5:05:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Jatobi, I visited your profile and sent you an invite through that. Sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I always check the profile of people asking for troops, if there is a big spread I don't donate. Right now I'm working of maxing out my defenses so I can protect my gold long enough to upgrade the town all, not attacking so I can make the best use of any shield time I get, but I always have a full standing army of various troops.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah there was someone asking for troops yesterday who had already been given 70+ and hadn't donated a single one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Just tried to join the ARFCOM Clan, but it's set to invite only. I sent a request. player name dwew4200
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Just tried to join the ARFCOM Clan, but it's set to invite only. I sent a request. player name dwew4200
View Quote
Your in, welcome to the group.

Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Any help is appreciated, and I'll do what I can to help out others.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Yeah there was someone asking for troops yesterday who had already been given 70+ and hadn't donated a single one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw one that was much more than that, several hundred. I didn't want to be rude, but I'm gonna start calling them out by name when I see it I think. Only for big differences though

Link Posted: 2/12/2014 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm gonna stop in for a bit and give you guys some max troops. Hope it helps ya out! I
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top