Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Instead of all out chaos during a war I propose we let 50 on up to 1 get in a first attack before batting any clean up. I believe the higher level guys attacks are wasted on low level opponents for easy 3s when this could have possibly been done with a lower lever team member. Starting from the bottom up ensures we don't have completely wasted attacks and lop sided odds.

I also propose we get the first round off right away. A quick strategy chat before each first round attack would also help the lower level guys. Appropriate troops could also be supplied at that time.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Instead of all out chaos during a war I propose we let 50 on up to 1 get in a first attack before batting any clean up. I believe the higher level guys attacks are wasted on low level opponents for easy 3s when this could have possibly been done with a lower lever team member. Starting from the bottom up ensures we don't have completely wasted attacks and lop sided odds.

I also propose we get the first round off right away. A quick strategy chat before each first round attack would also help the lower level guys. Appropriate troops could also be supplied at that time.  
View Quote

You're getting too hung up on the "wasted attacks" thing.  Remember, everyone gets 2 attacks, so our 25 strongest attackers can attack every base.  Another way to look at it is this:  Our #25 should be attacking their #50 if we just match it up by numbers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Ryk, this was very well written. Thank you for taking the time to get this out to everyone. I would encourage members to begin practicing their war attacks in regular raids so they are used to these attackes. I.e. If you have never used hogs, your first attack with them should not be in war.

We do need to get more war strategies being utilize instead of this random crap. Idc what the strategy is that you use, but it needs to be something that involves troops that do damage. No more gobs, archers, or barbs unless its to draw out a cc or pick off a few outside buildings. Another thing that needs to be stressed is popping the cc. I have seen countless guys go all out without popping the cc, only to have their army wasted in a matter of seconds by the cc troops.

In regards to the scheduling of attacks, i dont believe thats a good idea. People cant wait for everyone to hit their first attack before going for the second. Occasionally people dont get the opportunity to attack in war for whatever reason, or they cant attack until late. I think what we have been doing so far is working, we just need better attacks... If anyone has suggestions to my attack strategy, please let me know.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Heh, I have an idea.

Next war, we pick one difficult-but-possible target for like a lvl 70.  Then every war-coach-elect in the clan will attack that target.

All sorts on here talking strategy-this and strategy-that.  Lets see who the strategists really are.

Plenty of opportunities to do this outside our regular war schedule, and I think it's a good way to challenge ourselves and learn what works.  Just kick the eval wars off right after the regular wars finish...and get a Co-leader to announce it as such via clan mail.

ETA:  Save your 2nd attack for a tie-breaker or 2nd round
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You're getting too hung up on the "wasted attacks" thing.  Remember, everyone gets 2 attacks, so our 25 strongest attackers can attack every base.  Another way to look at it is this:  Our #25 should be attacking their #50 if we just match it up by numbers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand but why not reserve our higher ups for multiple attacks on higher level opponents? No big deal, just trying to make a constructive suggestion.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
i talk strategy this and strategy that because its in my nature as a hardcore gamer.

so its in my nature to be helpful and post suggestions and hints that make the game easier for people that are struggling or may not take as much time to play and learn as I have.

In other clans i've been in of other games, (counter strike, call of duty, battlefield, shitty free to play shooters, even RPG's.) it would be nothing to spend hours a night scrimming and just sitting in a locked server going over every area of a map where to set up snipers and routes to flank on before actually even thinking about entering a tournament or clan war

we got by to the point we're at now with lax strategy but its not working anymore, we can just continue to flounder or help people out that are struggling.

this is why I want to help.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#7]
ryk...well, everyone, really...not calling anyone out with the whole contest thing.  It's just that too many generals ruins the soup.

Not long ago we had a clan leader, a co-leader, and when wars kicked off we added another co for warmongering.  Now we have like 7 co-leaders, everyone is spouting this strategy and that strategy. Basically, I want to see who we should really be listening to.  How many people put thought into their attacks, and how many just do it because it works on Youtube?

So, when the current war ends, I'll make the announcement via clan mail that tryouts for warlord are starting, and I'll immediately kick off another war.  I'll assign the target, then let the fun begin.  To keep it fair, I will not participate.

The winner is expected to mock and deride poor strategies and crappy play until such time as it improves.  Anyone may invoke the warlord challenge in an attempt to unseat the current warlord.

Not messing around with ranks and crap and who kicks off wars....this is intended as an exercise in fucking fun and friendly competition, challenge wars may only be kicked off between regular wars so as not to interfere with them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Sept 7th Sneak Peak at new patch. Thanks to Glydemn for the heads up in game tonight!

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:03:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Just a heads up, I burned the shit out of my hand tonight, I'm likely going to be out of action for a bit until the blister situation is resolved.

Worst burn I've ever had, it's gonna be nasty when all the skin starts coming off.  

Gonna wait a day or two before I make the call on whether to drop clan temporarily.  A good night's sleep can do wonders.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Just a heads up, I burned the shit out of my hand tonight, I'm likely going to be out of action for a bit until the blister situation is resolved.

Worst burn I've ever had, it's gonna be nasty when all the skin starts coming off.  

Gonna wait a day or two before I make the call on whether to drop clan temporarily.  A good night's sleep can do wonders.
View Quote
sheesh, you're not having very good luck lately. hopefully it ends up not being that bad and recovery is fast with minimal pain.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

sheesh, you're not having very good luck lately. hopefully it ends up not being that bad and recovery is fast with minimal pain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, Defiantly take care of that.  I'm wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hector

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:35:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Dermoplast...freaking miracle juice in a can.  I'm much better today, blisters have softened up and aren't so stiff.  It seemed a lot worse last night, likely due to the horrific pain.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Dermoplast...freaking miracle juice in a can.  I'm much better today, blisters have softened up and aren't so stiff.  It seemed a lot worse last night, likely due to the horrific pain.
View Quote
Sorry you burnt your hand, glad your feeling better. Burns suck.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#14]
todays sneak peak at the new update

#1 Sneak Peek

Soon you can upgrade a row of wall pieces in one go! Walls level 6+ can
also be upgraded with Elixir instead of Gold - your choice!!

#1a Forum exclusive Sneak Peek

Replays and live replays now show the attacker's available troops so you
can see exactly what does and doesn't get deployed, and when.

#2 Sneak Peek

Take BARCHing to a whole a new level! Level 7 Barbarians and Archers coming soon to a barracks near you!

#2a Forum exclusive Sneak Peek

Valkyrie training time will be significantly reduced!

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank god walls with elixir . That's a huge help.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:04:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds great till you think about it.  Raids are going to go to shit,  everyone will spend extra elixir on walls and will not be storing as much.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#17]
If you are farming you should be doing collector raids anyway as they are several times more cost/time effective. Don't worry boys people still have to save for upgrades. Its not like all of CoC will be spending every drop of drank on walls.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#18]
yeah, I don't worry about walls much, on offense or defense. Unless all I have is barbs and archers
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you are farming you should be doing collector raids anyway as they are several times more cost/time effective. Don't worry boys people still have to save for upgrades. Its not like all of CoC will be spending every drop of drank on walls.
View Quote

Collector raids don't generally get you the DE that you need at higher levels.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]
hey gorilla and svet, hope all is well, had to bump you guys for 2 missed wars without attacking rule, when you guys have time and are more active come on back!

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

hey gorilla and svet, hope all is well, had to bump you guys for 2 missed wars without attacking rule, when you guys have time and are more active come on back!  
View Quote

Yeah, Verizon has some connection issues and I'm kicked. Thanks for everything.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I can't really see banning a player as generally active as gorilla over 2 wars without finding out what was going on first.

Especially since we won.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand bro. You have been a solid team mate since joining. The guys are just following the general rule. You have my word that when your ready and want back in you have a spot. I hate the term "ban" that the game uses.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can't really see banning a player as generally active as gorilla over 2 wars without finding out what was going on first.

Especially since we won.
View Quote

Those are the rules.  Fair is fair.  Our non-participation ejects are non-judgemental and non-permanent.  Shit happens, we understand that, but to keep shit from spreading, we boot after 2 unexplained absences.  When you've de-shitted yourself and want to play again, you're welcome back as soon as we have an opening.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone else locked out of the game?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sucks about your internet i hope you get it resolved and up and running quickly. please dont take being booted out personal, you and svet are awesome clan mates and would never deliberately kick you out for no reason.
being booted out for war inactivity is just a basic rule to protect the clan going into the next war to make sure we have the active numbers. if i missed wars and wasnt around i would expect to get kicked as well, just how it is.

if you liken it to a sports team, it would be like getting placed on the injured reserve roster.
so get your service back up and running and get back in as soon as you can! see you on the coc battlefield!

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
i've been in and out of the game all day, and on right now, you still having issues?

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:55:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Resource boost just dropped. Gem it up!

Don't say I never did anything nice for you guys.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i've been in and out of the game all day, and on right now, you still having issues?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It started working after I restarted the iPad.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#30]
We have openings.  Use the password
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:47:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Me gustaría unirse al clan.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#32]
oh man, the lava hound is sweet. I haven't used air units in months, other than healers once in a while, and a couple minions on collector raids. But these things are what they needed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#33]
we have 3 spots open and will be starting a war tonight at 9pm est, lets go arfcom!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Just to put it out there, the Mutiny is currently full.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Just to put it out there, the Mutiny is currently full.
View Quote
yah we are too, i'll stop pushing guys your way then lol, we have so many ppl trying to join

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry Krono, we just got full within the last hour. We show 49/50 but were holding it for a guy who dropped for a few days. When spots open again we will post up. Again, sorry Krono. Btw- nice base

Joe
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#37]
whoever KRONO was, sorry man we are at 49/50 players and we have a guy on vacation coming back in a few days we reserved a spot for. If you're still in the thread ( i seen you used our password from the thread) "The ARFCOM clan' needs some active players, and your base is kickass i think you would make a great addition to them. They are recouping back up after kicking many inactive players.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Tried to join, got denied.  Meh

ETA: sent info to ARFCOMer,  he's pissed he got denied right off the bat.

Why don't you close the clan since your at 49/50?   That way when your special friend returns you can open it up for him.  Otherwise people will be pissed sending in the request with super secret join credentials in OP only to be immediately denied.   Or you could accept and tell them whats up, they say their hello's, and off they go, or you could have a "feeder" clan.   Or how about a farming or pushing clan?  Not really interested in a clan that has mediocre donations and lots of low lvl folks personally.  (Won't be able to help my cc, or war cc).   Just a couple suggestions.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Tried to join, got denied.  Meh

ETA: sent info to ARFCOMer,  he's pissed he got denied right off the bat.

Why don't you close the clan since your at 49/50?   That way when your special friend returns you can open it up for him.  Otherwise people will be pissed sending in the request with super secret join credentials in OP only to be immediately denied.   Or you could accept and tell them whats up, they say their hello's, and off they go, or you could have a "feeder" clan.   Or how about a farming or pushing clan?  Not really interested in a clan that has mediocre donations and lots of low lvl folks personally.  (Won't be able to help my cc, or war cc).   Just a couple suggestions.
View Quote

I heard the sandy vagina clan has some openings.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I heard the sandy vagina clan has some openings.
View Quote

Just send me an invite, you don't have to be all secret all about.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#41]
I joined The ARFCOM Clan last night (thanks Tork) and it's great to be in an active clan again.

I'm lvl 98 and I've been in the same clan since I began playing the game. Unfortunately, the clan slowly dwindled down to 14 and half of those were semi active. A lively clan makes the game so much more fun.

I'm glad I saw this thread!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Just sent a request. Been playing for about a week.

Bainter is ign.....

Just got declined, do I need to be a certain rank?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Bainter is ign.....

View Quote

They're full.  Look for The ARFCOM Clan.  My name is the same there as it is here.  Request to join and say you're from ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They're full.  Look for The ARFCOM Clan.  My name is the same there as it is here.  Request to join and say you're from ARFCOM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bainter is ign.....

That's the one I requested. I just joined some open arfcom one.

What's the reason for requesting troops?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bainter is ign.....

They reside in your clan castle.  They will defend if you're attacked and you can use them as a reserve force when you attack
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Do we need to re-open a thread for all clans and point recruits there?  I had one going with links to all the clans I knew of, but I let it go to archive, people weren't tagging it enough to keep it active anyway. But it seems like there's some renewed interest lately.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Do we need to re-open a thread for all clans and point recruits there?  I had one going with links to all the clans I knew of, but I let it go to archive, people weren't tagging it enough to keep it active anyway. But it seems like there's some renewed interest lately.
View Quote

Nahhhhh.  I wouldn't think so.  I think the new rush is dying off.  We only have a few more slots, ya'll are full and so is Mutiny; I'll keep mine on the first page and just let it roll.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Can I come back in now.?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Can I come back in now.?

View Quote

Yeah. We saved your spot
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah. We saved your spot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I come back in now.?

Yeah. We saved your spot

Thanks guys
It's listed as closed still, I'll rejoin as soon as it's open

Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top