Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We go by a standard rule...pick 2 bases you know you can 3 star and attack the lowest of those 2 first.  No reserving bases, first come first serve.  Round 2 of attacks are cleanup

Cheating?  What do you mean?  We dont cheat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saying hi ... We just got matched up against you guys (Skyrim Avengers)
Gonna have to clean my AR and AK between attacks

Welcome to the site. Good luck in the upcoming war. In all seriousness I hope you stick around. Would like to learn some things from you guys.

I'm a regular lurker.  Built my first AR through the info on this site.

As far as coc goes
My base is "robo-sapien"
I

I am kinda curious as to how you guys decide on who to attack.

Is it determined by the group during preparation for each war or do you have a set of predetermined rules deciding who hits who?

Also. Do you guys think of what you are doing as cheating or is it just playing within the limits of the game to you?

We go by a standard rule...pick 2 bases you know you can 3 star and attack the lowest of those 2 first.  No reserving bases, first come first serve.  Round 2 of attacks are cleanup

Cheating?  What do you mean?  We dont cheat

He is referring to the fact that your clan has bases at the bottom of the pile that seem to be put there to intentionally match you up with weaker clans in war.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
That would be a product of poor matchmaking.  2 wars ago we got matched up against a clan called  Top Brasil Clã made up of 14 th10s  and 8 th9s.  
We won a close one 113-107
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:06:24 AM EDT
[#3]
lol, seriously?

A guy named Honey Pot who only has one low level cannon, and a hidden tesla is allowed into your clan with the list of requirements you guys have. Not saying you are a part of it, but it stinks of trying to manipulate the system

When it smells like shit, there is a good chance someone took a dump
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:15:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
lol, seriously?

A guy named Honey Pot who only has one low level cannon, and a hidden tesla is allowed into your clan with the list of requirements you guys have. Not saying you are a part of it, but it stinks of trying to manipulate the system

View Quote

Wait, you haven't heard of the World Famous HoneyPot defense?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:23:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, seriously?

Its the world famous honeypot defense!

Quoted:
lol, seriously?

I am a Colead from SA. Made this account with the intention to make one post here and won't be checking for replies.

Our clan hovers around 40-45 players depends on members sitting out for war due to life situations. We include alts sometimes to fit a roster so no one is left out, ie at 43 people we need 2 alts, or the other option is kicking 3 members out (which we will never)
When you have done clan war as much as we do (we are at our 64th win), you will understand that there is no way to beat supercell's terrible match-making system. It is natural that there are only so many clans other there pressing "Start War Search" at a given time. Which means the system pairs two clans with similar base score. So it doesn't matter if we have a th6 or additional th10, the system will match a clan to another clan with the closest strength available at that time.
No doubt everyone will experience completely one sided bases (we have had terrible match ups) and we have just accepted this fact.

With that being said, we add alts purely for the intention of not leaving out our members because we are one big family. Supercell system is so unreliable its pointless to try and beat. Skyrim Avengers are veterans in war and we just don't really care what we get matched with, we leave it up to the RNG gods.
We dont cheat, and we remove players who are involve in any exploitation in game (ie ghosting, 3rd party programs)
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:12:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am a Colead from SA. Made this account with the intention to make one post here and won't be checking for replies.

Our clan hovers around 40-45 players depends on members sitting out for war due to life situations. We include alts sometimes to fit a roster so no one is left out, ie at 43 people we need 2 alts, or the other option is kicking 3 members out (which we will never)
When you have done clan war as much as we do (we are at our 64th win), you will understand that there is no way to beat supercell's terrible match-making system. It is natural that there are only so many clans other there pressing "Start War Search" at a given time. Which means the system pairs two clans with similar base score. So it doesn't matter if we have a th6 or additional th10, the system will match a clan to another clan with the closest strength available at that time.
No doubt everyone will experience completely one sided bases (we have had terrible match ups) and we have just accepted this fact.

With that being said, we add alts purely for the intention of not leaving out our members because we are one big family. Supercell system is so unreliable its pointless to try and beat. Skyrim Avengers are veterans in war and we just don't really care what we get matched with, we leave it up to the RNG gods.
We dont cheat, and we remove players who are involve in any exploitation in game (ie ghosting, 3rd party programs)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, seriously?

Quoted:
lol, seriously?

So, in other words, you cheat.    I've got news for you, you are all involved in exploitation of the game.  If you have to cheat at a video game you have serious issues and it's probably time to come up from the basement for awhile.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, seriously?

Quoted:
lol, seriously?

So you're telling me, a clan self proclaimed "one" of the best. Allows these extremely low lvl bases in to fill in for guys who left for other reasons? You should have a waiting list longer then my arm with better bases that want to join. Hell they may even meet your clans requirements to join. Your coming into this thread proves what you do to game the system is wrong.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, seriously?

Quoted:

lol, seriously?

Edited: To correct any shame I may have caused my team mates.  

Now fuck off, I got work to do.- I won't remove this as it was a direct reference to TPB and guy is Canadian.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Okay, this accusation of cheating is making us look unsportsmanlike.  This is a game of numbers, the whole thing, and what isn't prohibited is permitted.

What you're all calling cheating is no different than us running < 50.  We did that because the opponents in the 45-49 range were easier than the 50 bracket.  We're using numbers to better our position with the matchmaker.  NO DIFFERENCE.

Now suck it up, apologize, and consider whether this is a tactic we should consider.  If everyone does it, it grants no advantage, so we can get some wins with it now until it's starting to become vanilla, then swap to a full team.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I am a member of Skyrim Avengers and have been reading some of the posts you guys have been writing calling us cheaters, and going on the Clash of Clans website posting screenshots of our bases and making remarks.  Let me start with the whole "cheating" thing first.  Jonny Clash was added last second because we were at 44 players and needed one more and instead of waiting for us to find a recruit and wasting time vetting them we just invited an alt to fill our last slot.  As for Honey Pot, you can call it as you wish, but that base has won more defenses than some of our more upgraded bases.  People just go in assuming they will run it over and end up failing to get 3 stars, so you call it what you want, but it causes teams to waste attacks.

Now as far as the matchup goes, we have been matched up against clans that have us outnumbered in every TH lvl, hero lvl, etc, but the big difference between you and us is we don't give-up before the war even begins.  You guys sit here and want to trash our clan and call us names at us, look in the mirror.  You post that you are not "15yr olds" and "experienced gamers" but your members change their war layout to childish, bannable layouts, for what to try and hurt our feelings? If anything it just makes us laugh.

So if you want to try and use one word to describe our clan, "cheaters".  Let me try and find one word to describe your clan...... Quitters? Childish? Foolish? Baby?... hmm I will let you pick the one you like the best because I can see them all fitting at this point in time.

Have a nice day!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Being placed in a mismatched situation based on coincidence and being placed in a mismatch situation because one team created false accounts with the deliberate intention of being placed against lower level clans to gain the advantage is the difference.

Twelvepack we did not set out to deliberately manipulate the system by creating false accounts. We had a team mate leave and we held their spot for them. When we noticed it worked to our advantage to let the lower level guys sit out of the wars it wasn't to work the system. It was to allow the "real" arfcom members who were just starting out improve without the worry of war. We didn't kick them out. Because they are "real" accounts.  I admit some players commented about us having better luck with the 45 grid. So we decided to stay in the 45.

I'm not apologizing. We haven't created false accounts to lower the numbers of an otherwise high level group of players. If the fear of loss is so bad the group wants to go this route I'll step aside with no hard feelings.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Once again, no rules were broken.  You may call it gaming the system, but the system IS the game, and it is not cheating unless it breaks a rule.

It's is extremely poor sportsmanship to accuse someone of cheating without proof.  While we strongly suspect that an alternate account is being used for the honeypot, there's no way for either us or the developer to know that.  I can easily think of a number of scenarios where this could be 100% legitimate.  No, I do not believe it is, I'm not naive, but I also understand there's not a damned thing that can be done about it.

All you are doing is letting another clan troll you.  Riggidy seemed to be legit, but instead of getting a good laugh about the whole thing, someone's panties got all bunched up, then everyone's panties got all bunched up, and now we have people like Joseph123456 logging on to troll.  We shoulda said "Damn, that's clever."  Then called it and sat back and analyze their strategy over cold beers.

You are going to see more and more of this, if it truly works.  Better get over it now if that's the case.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#13]
They admitted to creating alternate accounts, did they not?  So "Honey Pot" was just some guy who started playing COC and happened upon the "Skyrim Avengers" and applied?  Meh.  They are cheating IMO, but there's no point in getting all worked up about it.  Next war we'll have some random chinese clan again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Once again, no rules were broken.  You may call it gaming the system, but the system IS the game, and it is not cheating unless it breaks a rule.

It's is extremely poor sportsmanship to accuse someone of cheating without proof.  While we strongly suspect that an alternate account is being used for the honeypot, there's no way for either us or the developer to know that.  I can easily think of a number of scenarios where this could be 100% legitimate.  No, I do not believe it is, I'm not naive, but I also understand there's not a damned thing that can be done about it.

All you are doing is letting another clan troll you.  Riggidy seemed to be legit, but instead of getting a good laugh about the whole thing, someone's panties got all bunched up, then everyone's panties got all bunched up, and now we have people like Joseph123456 logging on to troll.  We shoulda said "Damn, that's clever."  Then called it and sat back and analyze their strategy over cold beers.

You are going to see more and more of this, if it truly works.  Better get over it now if that's the case.
View Quote

Sorry I did not mean to make it sound like I was finger pointing and chest beating.

That's why when I asked, I asked if they felt like it was playing within the limits of the game. which clearly they do.

I don't necessarily think of it as cheating. I was not trying to whine about what their clan is doing so sorry for that.

Riggidy I hope you stick around. As it sounds like you already know, There is a lot more to this site that the war game forum.

This war will be over tonight and we will probable never hear hide nor hair from your clan again but this site can always use new good members.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey guys, good war.  I got my AR's and AK's built off the info on this site, so I highly appreciate every enthusiasts on this site.

http://forum.supercell.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=60477&d=1408980325

I have no idea what the ramblings above are all about, too busy to read it all.
But I had fun, hope you will too.  Happy clashing :-)
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#16]
good loot in gold 2 tonight

all within 28 mins

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been hit with more full on attacks, and more hi level attacks is gold 2 in just a couple days than I have in crystal 2 for the entire time I was up there
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've been hit with more full on attacks, and more hi level attacks is gold 2 in just a couple days than I have in crystal 2 for the entire time I was up there
View Quote

Yup, I'm Gold II as well and been getting blasted.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am a member of Skyrim Avengers and have been reading some of the posts you guys have been writing calling us cheaters, and going on the Clash of Clans website posting screenshots of our bases and making remarks.  Let me start with the whole "cheating" thing first.  Jonny Clash was added last second because we were at 44 players and needed one more and instead of waiting for us to find a recruit and wasting time vetting them we just invited an alt to fill our last slot.  As for Honey Pot, you can call it as you wish, but that base has won more defenses than some of our more upgraded bases.  People just go in assuming they will run it over and end up failing to get 3 stars, so you call it what you want, but it causes teams to waste attacks.

Now as far as the matchup goes, we have been matched up against clans that have us outnumbered in every TH lvl, hero lvl, etc, but the big difference between you and us is we don't give-up before the war even begins.  You guys sit here and want to trash our clan and call us names at us, look in the mirror.  You post that you are not "15yr olds" and "experienced gamers" but your members change their war layout to childish, bannable layouts, for what to try and hurt our feelings? If anything it just makes us laugh.

So if you want to try and use one word to describe our clan, "cheaters".  Let me try and find one word to describe your clan...... Quitters? Childish? Foolish? Baby?... hmm I will let you pick the one you like the best because I can see them all fitting at this point in time.

Have a nice day!!!
View Quote

Guess who just walked into our thread and owned us with his first post? Yup, this guy! Joseph123456 is completely right. It stings a little to admit it, but he's right. Let's learn from it and move on. We acted like some silly, snot-nosed kids.

roy d...myself included.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Guess who just walked into our thread and owned us with his first post? Yup, this guy! Joseph123456 is completely right. It stings a little to admit it, but he's right. Let's learn from it and move on. We acted like some silly, snot-nosed kids.

roy d...myself included.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have a nice day!!!

roy d...myself included.

Speak for yourself.  Honey pot is a troll account/base giving them an unfair advantage.  They claim to get tough matchups, yet they win every matchup because they have an advantage.  Choosing not to attack them was a good call because it was pointless and a waste of resources.  As for the guys who changed their bases, I wouldn't have done that.  But I did think it was funny.  Yeah it was childish, but we're talking about playing a video game where you command an army of giants and skeleton jihadis.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Successful raids the past hour or so
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey guys,
I'm looking at getting into the clan sometime down the road... Probably a little low currently, but time will take care of that.  I know Rupert, Niss, and Mikeseeker, who will vouch for me. Let me know if you guys have any questions / comments.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Glydemn, we got a spot open if you're interested in joining. We don't care about you're level, just as long as you're active. Just use the phrase "FBHO 87 times" so you get accepted

Joe
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Dang, just asked to join "arfcom clan" and was banned..  any of the other arfcom clans have an opening?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Dang, just asked to join "arfcom clan" and was banned..  any of the other arfcom clans have an opening?
View Quote

Did you use the password?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Password you say, I need to learn to read...
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was me .  I checked here before I rejected your request but didn't see a post by you.  Re-request and we'll get you in.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#28]
welcome to the clan therocketmac!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I had planned to trophy up to 1250 just to get the gem bonus for a new builders hut. I was then going to back down until I was ready to get in the 45. I'm in for good or bad and I will do what I can.

So what's the plan for the upcoming battle? I feel pretty confident about me taking their 45. After that? I can test one of their upper guys just to see where traps are if you'd all like. Maybe that could give some insight as to a strategy for attack.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:49:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I had planned to trophy up to 1250 just to get the gem bonus for a new builders hut. I was then going to back down until I was ready to get in the 45. I'm in for good or bad and I will do what I can.

View Quote

So what's the plan for the upcoming battle? I feel pretty confident about me taking their 45. After that? I can test one of their upper guys just to see where traps are if you'd all like. Maybe that could give some insight as to a strategy for attack.
Only thing I would add about attacking #45 is to make sure to be on a bit before war or around when it starts incase one of the higher level guys decides to snipe it for an easy target. its happened before.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:50:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Welcome to the clan joe / jester316!

with that we are currently full @50 members. will update thread when theres slots available again.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

don't waste an attack scouting traps. trap placement is pretty much taken into consideration during an attack

use your second attack to get at least 1 star, even if someone else already has so you can get more war loot. Obviously try for a base no one has but if there aren't any you can get 1 star on don't feel too bad about attacking for the loot. Just hold off on that until the war is almost over, you'll see how it works

1 star is all that is needed to get the full war loot bonus, as long as we win the war that is

if we lose you still get 20% of the war loot

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#33]
few days late posting, but our results from win #30!

VS Beer (Win: 94-71 Stars, Attacks: 84/90 - 69/90)

1 remaining attack

jb2001

lizard brain

josh

aaron the great

ihack

stoaste

MOST HEROIC ATTACK: CoolHand187

MOST HEROIC DEFENSE: Lizard Brain

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Guys I am sorry I have been slacking the past 2 weeks... been having phone issues and not able to play... but I am back...
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Guys I am sorry I have been slacking the past 2 weeks... been having phone issues and not able to play... but I am back...
View Quote
ah shit i didnt even check the thread before i sent you a PM.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I am totally hooked.

If a spot opens up in the clan keep me in mind.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Just started playing this and hooked too.
Gonna build up and try to learn some before I link up with a clan.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:27:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Naes and scorpionmain,
Spots do open with some frequency.
This clans focus, imho , is on participation more than anything else. Hope to see you in there soon! In the meantime, I think there are about 6 arfcom clans, welcome aboard!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Been having fun with this game.  I'm at level 19 already with level 4 TH.   All 3TH upgrades made and upgraded archers and barbarians.  

I got picked up by some random clan so I could check it out but so far all I see is troop requests in multiple different languages that I don't  understand.
I will look into joining one of the other arfclans.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#40]
we really need to have a discussion on what kind of attacks for war are acceptable, as well as tactics that are just being ignored. 30+goblins and not popping a cc just isn't acceptable to me. There should never be goblins in war, with the exception being a couple to pop the cc or traps, and even then there are better ways. And not popping a cc is just sloppy and inexcusable since it has been brought up several times.

Besides that I see just some horrible strategies, with seemingly no concept of how the troops and defenses work, as well as some stupid mistakes. I'm not talking about having a bad day with shitty attacks that don't go our way, we all have those, but attacks that don't seem to have any though or plan at all, as well as not reacting to things that happen before you dump all your troops.

eta: i don't mean to sound like a dick, my intention is to help our lower guys improve

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
we really need to have a discussion on what kind of attacks for war are acceptable, as well as tactics that are just being ignored. 30+goblins and not popping a cc just isn't acceptable to me. There should never be goblins in war, with the exception being a couple to pop the cc or traps, and even then there are better ways. And not popping a cc is just sloppy and inexcusable since it has been brought up several times.

Besides that I see just some horrible strategies, with seemingly no concept of how the troops and defenses work, as well as some stupid mistakes. I'm not talking about having a bad day with shitty attacks that don't go our way, we all have those, but attacks that don't seem to have any though or plan at all, as well as not reacting to things that happen before you dump all your troops.

eta: i don't mean to sound like a dick, my intention is to help our lower guys improve
View Quote

We've pondered how far we'd push player ability over simple participation, and to be honest I think we're pretty comfortable where we are, you're the first to bring it up in a long while.  If other folks feel the same way though, encourage them to post here and express their opinions, as leadership can't gauge a change in the winds from one post.

Personally, I agree, or at one time I agreed.  I haven't been watching every battle like I used to, but this was definitely an issue when wars first started.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey guys, Scooby here. I need to deal with real life issues for awhile. I believe Svetgar is staying but I'm not sure when I'll be back. Don't feel that you need to keep my spot open.  I hope to see you guys again soon.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hey guys, Scooby here. I need to deal with real life issues for awhile. I believe Svetgar is staying but I'm not sure when I'll be back. Don't feel that you need to keep my spot open.  I hope to see you guys again soon.
View Quote

Are you seriously going to leave a party where you are the only woman amongst 48 men (and Joe)?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I guess disc golfers have more time on their hands than we do.  How and the fuck did we get paired with them anyways?  Hogrideracolypse aside, their bases are way more advanced than ours.
View Quote

Ok, so I just found this thread. I've been Clashing for about two months now. My disc golf league has a Clan, the main couple of dudes have been playing since the game came out. Some of the other guys have dropped north of $300 into the game.

So yea...I guess DGers have a lot of spare time [xd]
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
We've pondered how far we'd push player ability over simple participation, and to be honest I think we're pretty comfortable where we are, you're the first to bring it up in a long while.  If other folks feel the same way though, encourage them to post here and express their opinions, as leadership can't gauge a change in the winds from one post.

Personally, I agree, or at one time I agreed.  I haven't been watching every battle like I used to, but this was definitely an issue when wars first started.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

it's just frustrating for me to watch a bad strategy, and I assume it must be even worse to not do as good as you can because maybe you didn't look at it a different way.

I'm always like this with video games, once I get some skill and strategies down, I get frustrated when I see people struggle because I want to help, but often I'm not very good at expressing it. It is actually a big reason why I gave up FPS and xbox live a few years ago

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
it's just frustrating for me to watch a bad strategy, and I assume it must be even worse to not do as good as you can because maybe you didn't look at it a different way.

I'm always like this with video games, once I get some skill and strategies down, I get frustrated when I see people struggle because I want to help, but often I'm not very good at expressing it. It is actually a big reason why I gave up FPS and xbox live a few years ago

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya man.  Just gotta keep in mind this is a casual game people play on their phones.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Yah we really do need to have a better discussion about attack strategies and yes as Twelve said, it is just a casual phone game to some, but I don't think its asking too much to get everyone on track with known/successful war armies/strategies.
Basically what I've been seeing alot of lately is what I'm going to call the "clusterfuck' attack... which seems to be a handful of every possible troop in the game. A golem here, some giants, wizards, a few hogriders, a single dragon, barbs, archers, minions, couple balloons, a valk and a healer. All spammed out in a big group. And as you can imagine these types of attacks are always destroyed quickly (if not by the clan castle troops) because these variety armies just don't work, they may have in the past against easier targets, but they surely won't work now.
Basically at our level if we want to stay competitive and keep winning clan wars ( I KNOW EVERYONE LOVES WINNING! I KNOW I DO! ) then we have to learn a few attack strats/army setups that will have ppl doing better in clan war in no time flat!
Common Giant Attack: which consists of giants, wall breakers, wizards as clean up to follow the giants in and be clean-up crew and then 3 heals or 2 heal+1 rage for spells (this setup can be modified differently by also using a healer but not recommended as the 14 spots a healer takes up are better used for a few more giants.) [Notes: This type of attack still works well in war when clan castle troops are properly taken out before launching attack]

Dragon Attack: I think most of us are familiar with this attack. You use all dragons for your attack. 3 Rage or 2 Rage + 1 Heal for spells (this setup can be modified by removing a dragon or two and using archers to clean up some outside areas before launching dragons or sending in a few hog riders to attack a close to the outside Air Defense) The best choice for clan castle troops in this setup is either a dragon or using Level 6 Balloons [Notes: This type of attack is much harder to get 2 or 3 stars against bases with high level Air Defenses (Level 5-6+)]
Hog Rider Attack: This is an attack where you run the majority of your army with hog riders. My typical load out at TH8 with 200 troop spots is 33 Hog riders, 8 wizards, 3 archers, 3 Heal Spells, 6 Wizards+1 Archer in Clan Castle. You use 1-3 of the hog riders as bait to pop the clan castle and then use the archers and wizards to kill the troops  BEFORE launching the entire group of hogs and then you have to sit there and make sure you get your heal spells down or your hogs will die pretty fast. After you deploy all your heal spells deploy any remaining troops/heroes on the outside of the base AWAY from any remaining defense units. [Notes: I have a really high success rate with this type of attack, but you can get shut down pretty fast if your hogs hit alot of spring traps and big bombs]
will add a few more later

including gowipe, gowiwi, balloon+minion

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:58:32 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Yah we really do need to have a better discussion about attack strategies and yes as Twelve said, it is just a casual phone game to some, but I don't think its asking too much to get everyone on track with known/successful war armies/strategies.

Basically what I've been seeing alot of lately is what I'm going to call the "clusterfuck' attack... which seems to be a handful of every possible troop in the game. A golem here, some giants, wizards, a few hogriders, a single dragon, barbs, archers, minions, couple balloons, a valk and a healer. All spammed out in a big group. And as you can imagine these types of attacks are always destroyed quickly (if not by the clan castle troops) because these variety armies just don't work, they may have in the past against easier targets, but they surely won't work now.

Basically at our level if we want to stay competitive and keep winning clan wars ( I KNOW EVERYONE LOVES WINNING! I KNOW I DO! ) then we have to learn a few attack strats/army setups that will have ppl doing better in clan war in no time flat!

Common Giant Attack: which consists of giants, wall breakers, wizards as clean up to follow the giants in and be clean-up crew and then 3 heals or 2 heal+1 rage for spells (this setup can be modified differently by also using a healer but not recommended as the 14 spots a healer takes up are better used for a few more giants.) [Notes: This type of attack still works well in war when clan castle troops are properly taken out before launching attack]

Dragon Attack: I think most of us are familiar with this attack. You use all dragons for your attack. 3 Rage or 2 Rage + 1 Heal for spells (this setup can be modified by removing a dragon or two and using archers to clean up some outside areas before launching dragons or sending in a few hog riders to attack a close to the outside Air Defense) The best choice for clan castle troops in this setup is either a dragon or using Level 6 Balloons [Notes: This type of attack is much harder to get 2 or 3 stars against bases with high level Air Defenses (Level 5-6+)]

Hog Rider Attack: This is an attack where you run the majority of your army with hog riders. My typical load out at TH8 with 200 troop spots is 33 Hog riders, 8 wizards, 3 archers, 3 Heal Spells, 6 Wizards+1 Archer in Clan Castle. You use 1-3 of the hog riders as bait to pop the clan castle and then use the archers and wizards to kill the troops  BEFORE launching the entire group of hogs and then you have to sit there and make sure you get your heal spells down or your hogs will die pretty fast. After you deploy all your heal spells deploy any remaining troops/heroes on the outside of the base AWAY from any remaining defense units. [Notes: I have a really high success rate with this type of attack, but you can get shut down pretty fast if your hogs hit alot of spring traps and big bombs]

will add a few more later

including gowipe, gowiwi, balloon+minion

View Quote
Excellent post. I would had that you have to consider taking out the clan castle every time. If you don't plan for that your attack will go bad fast.

I like using strong troops like a giant, or 2-3 hogs. The giants last long enough to get all the troops out, and the hogs can make it over walls and get in when they are centered well in the base. Once you do that get them out and kill them quickly. Remember troops that target defenses don't target clan castle troops until all defenses are down, and lightning doesn't hurt dragons

Taintless

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Your critique of healers is way off.  Will comment more later.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#50]
As with most strategies in this game it all depends. As most of you know healers OWN at TH7 and low level TH8 for the same reason dragons are so successful there...limited air defense. Above that you are running into higher level ADs, more seeking mines, and xbows which make any flying units a much riskier proposition. I think what ryk is trying to get across is that if you watch attacks among the best CoC players you will NEVER see healers used.

Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top