Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like in if possible! Player name is b00m. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure thing. Send a request and we will let you in. Add FUAROC to your request and the guys will know your good to go if I'm not on.

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're in.  Welcome to the clan, stay active and donate troops when you can.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Downloading game to phone now.
Let me know how to join if I can and I'm sure I'll have some questions.
Thank you
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thank you
View Quote

You're going to have to play on your own for a little while until you are able to rebuild your clan castle. Once the castle is built, the clan can add you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You're going to have to play on your own for a little while until you are able to rebuild your clan castle. Once the castle is built, the clan can add you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you

Cool thanks for the heads up

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Just want to toss out a blanket thanks. I usually request troops right before I log off so I don't get to see who donates. It is appreciated, and Obama's anus really appreciates all the men
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for letting me stop in and give you guys some troops the other day.  I was the MK10mm guy. ;)  let me know when u guys want some more lvl 6 stuff and ill drop by again.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#9]
hey guys my CoC ign is ryk, can i joinz?

eta: that was quick

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

You got in in time to see a boot...

This guy never gave any support...

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

http://www.imgur.com/JxpApcW.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol yah i seen that i was like sheeeeeeiiittt

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we have a few non-arfcomers but they are good to go and donate.... funny to see "what's FBHO?" He'll had a long time member ask that...
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thanks for letting me stop in and give you guys some troops the other day.  I was the MK10mm guy. ;)  let me know when u guys want some more lvl 6 stuff and ill drop by again.
View Quote
I missed ya but wanted to say thanks. Your welcome anytime you want. Hopefully one day soon we will reach your level and be able to offer some equal support

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad he's finally gone.  He wouldn't respond to anything.  Wouldn't give anything.  Just asks for donations.  FSA.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I see the other Arfcom Clan gives something to the biggest donor. What do you think about this? I work in a jerky factory and would be willing to supply beef jerky to the winner.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I have seen that in their thread and I have given it some thought but haven't came up with anything yet. I'm up for any ideas, we can start the discussion here.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have seen that in their thread and I have given it some thought but haven't came up with anything yet. I'm up for any ideas, we can start the discussion here.
View Quote

How about at least elder for a certain number of donations?  Or does that happen already?
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I control all the jerky not listed in the official inventory.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
How about at least elder for a certain number of donations?  Or does that happen already?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The current Elders are mainly players I played with in the "open" arfcom clan we came from to form the newest clan. If there's a player who I haven't recognized but certainly deserves it let me know. I'll happily promote.

Edit: I thought you were made Elder last week. I took care of the oversight.

Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The current Elders are mainly players I played with in the "open" arfcom clan we came from to form the newest clan. If there's a player who I haven't recognized but certainly deserves it let me know. I'll happily promote.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#21]
What are your opinions on my current layout and a possible layout that I'm thinking of trying?

Current:
The doubled wall at the bottom corner was just placed there for the sake of leveling up all my walls.

Possible:
I'd like to build a wall around the hometown and mortar. Along with finishing the wall around the cannon and mine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Sweet thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sweet thanks.
Thank you for being an active, vocal team player. I thought I promoted you last week. I know it sounds cheesy but I really do consider this "our" clan.

Link Posted: 2/17/2014 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

What are your opinions on my current layout and a possible layout that I'm thinking of trying?

Current:

The doubled wall at the bottom corner was just placed there for the sake of leveling up all my walls.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/70F76CF8-4524-4024-BA0C-7DA563670F22_zpsoihtvhvc.png

Possible:

I'd like to build a wall around the hometown and mortar. Along with finishing the wall around the cannon and mine.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/5882E3BB-A4F6-4C01-B518-98FA6FBFFF5E_zps4n1vhdai.png
View Quote
I like the lower option better. The top one will allow your city to be over run once the enemy penetrates your walls. Breaking it down with an offset grid pattern to your walls help. Remember you dont have to enclose all your buildings inside your walls. Things like camps, barracks, builders huts and even the mines/elixer drills can be outside the walls in a position that slows the enemy long enough for your weapons to put a hurting on them. I try to give my storage facilities and my weapons the most protection, with my town hall. I tried the "farming" method that also puts the TH outside the walls but it failed me miserably

For different ideas check out http://clashofclansbuilder.com/    and match up the plans with your TH level.

Link Posted: 2/17/2014 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Current:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/70F76CF8-4524-4024-BA0C-7DA563670F22_zpsoihtvhvc.png

Possible:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/5882E3BB-A4F6-4C01-B518-98FA6FBFFF5E_zps4n1vhdai.png
View Quote

I would put your cannons back inside the walls, but also keep them individually walled.  The way you are proposing, I could use archers to knock those off first pretty easily, then proceed to busting the walls and flooding it with troops.  If you put them inside, it's not easy to knock them off before breaking down the main wall.  If that make sense.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I control all the jerky not listed in the official inventory.
View Quote

Will you be my new best friend.

Seriously though, how would this "reward" thing work if the donation count periodically resets itself?

Also, I just noticed I'm not listed as a "new" member of the clan. I have no title.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#26]
If we give a gift to the one who donates the most each 2 week period. The only thing I will need is an address to send them to.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If we give a gift to the one who donates the most each 2 week period. The only thing I will need is an address to send them to.
View Quote

Is there a list of who donates the most? Other than the clan roster, like something that's already in order?
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Not that I'm aware of..... Just the roster
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Chat down?
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry Ecko. I did not know this clan existed until after I took 60k gold and 90k elixir from you! I have only been playing for a month but I think I am pretty up to speed on the game. If you ever have a vacancy (currently full at 50) I would love to join! In game name is ProCharger as well.

BTW now would be a good time to get your revenge, I have 3 defense buildings currently upgrading. Attack from the top left
If I am going to give it away it might as well be from an arfcommer.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Sorry Ecko. I did not know this clan existed until after I took 60k gold and 90k elixir from you! I have only been playing for a month but I think I am pretty up to speed on the game. If you ever have a vacancy (currently full at 50) I would love to join! In game name is ProCharger as well.

BTW now would be a good time to get your revenge, I have 3 defense buildings currently upgrading. Attack from the top left

If I am going to give it away it might as well be from an arfcommer.
View Quote
Hey ProCharger. There is currently 2 invite only Arfcom clans. Ours only has 43 members currently (ARFCOM Clan). Your welcome to join if you want, send a request and mention FUAROC and someone will accept you asap.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#32]
My thoughts on donations:

Donating is a matter of timing as much as anything...having the right troops to donate at the right time.  Donations help everyone involved, though, the requestor gets troops, and the person donating gets xp.  Everyone seems to think there's a magic ratio of 1/1 for received/donated, but the reality is you can only donate 5 units per request, while you receive 15, so the ratio is going to lean more towards received.

Here's what I propose:  For un-specified requests, archers should be the standard donation.  It seems to be the most donated and requested unit.  Everyone reserve 5 slots in their army for donation archers and keep those slots topped off, and respond to any un-specified request that goes out.  It takes out all the guess work and will promote quick fills for requests.  Elders can easily check compliance by visiting folks to see if they have 5 archers ready, and it will give them a reason to visit members and offer contructive criticism about layout.

Requests for specific units would continue as-is...fill it if you can.

Basically just asking for 5 army slots and about 45 seconds per batch of archers to be donated to the clan on a permanent basis.

Thoughts?

ETA:  Sometimes I don't donate to higher-level folk because my troop level is kinda low...pretty sure they don't want level 1 or 2 stuff.  At the same time, donating that stuff helps the lower guys out, and if I'm farming sometimes it's nice just to have cannon fodder of any level.  How about we tag any request for which troop type/level doesn't matter as fodder so people don't get all bashful about sending low level troops?

I'm really just trying to formalize our requests a bit so people become more comfortable giving and receiving.  The more we share, the better we all do.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I like it... everyone should keep something in a camp for donatiilons... and while we should get with someone abusing the system with overwhelming ratios of received over donated I think that there should never be anyone in the clan without a full castle.

I would even go so far as to offer my cell # for folks to send me a "FBHO" between 0700-2200 and I'll get on and send what is needed.

The castle can make or break a defense.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#34]
I like the thought behind keeping 5, however, I typically deploy all troops of a type in a raid, unless I'm farming.  With that said, archers are always the first troop trained, so even after a raid, I should have 5 most ricky tick.

I agree with you on the ratio thing.  Kinda hard to keep 1:1, especially when you can only give 5 at a time.  With that said, people need to give when they can, and when they see a request.  Don't skip out on giving, but at the same time, I don't think we want people not to ask if their castle is empty, as it lessens their defensive posture.  I think if you have a low give to take ratio, you should be mindful of that when you raid.  Don't deploy your castle troops if you aren't giving enough help.  There is a race to give, I seem to keep missing the requests, however, think everyone should give when they can.

As for people not wanting to give to higher level folks, I don't think that should be a concern.  I don't think people are going to be upset with getting lower level guys than they have, I don't.

Thanks,
b
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#35]
I agree with you twelvepack. 5 slots kept for donations isn't a bad idea. Keeping archers is fine with me. You have my support.
I understand how hard it is to donate sometimes, but everyone should have the ability to give when necessary. Timing can be an issue for some. During the day I seem to always be minutes too late to give, show up in time to see the ty's from receivers. I have an easier time during the night, and since I work nights I take advantage of it. Others don't have that option.

Whatever we settle on and as important as donations are, I dont want people to fear requesting donations because they are behind on giving. Now, if you are like that guy last week with 900 requests and 100 donations that's ridiculous. But if you need help ask, give when you can.

Some players get attacked frequently and don't use the shield. They revenge attack or attack for resources and this again puts them at risk for attacks. They run through troops like water. I'm learning that as my troops level up I don't need to use as many. I also spend several thousand in gold sometimes looking for the best victim. This allows me to keep troops in my clan castle and prevents having to ask for more. As our lower ranking team mates build up I suspect this will happen to them also.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#36]
I think it's being over analyzed.  I'm usually in the game for 1 to 5 min at a time in the game.  It's not always running.  That said,  it's by chances I get to donate troops.

The donated troops can be used to protect or attack.  I expect the troops to be used for both, as getting trophies is an important part of the game to level up. and having are team level up is a good thing for the clan.

I say as long as they are donating something they good to go.

As far as not donating to the higher level team members, I would like there take on that. Cause I know I have asked and they they don't seam to care what they get as long as the castle is full.  This also won't be as big issue, if donated more the lower members, as they would level up faster by kicking ass in battles.    
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Bottom line, if you need the troops, ask for them. If you've got the troops, then donate what you can. Archers are always welcome and appreciated. I like to give wizards when I can only because most people either don't have them, they are just a little extra fire power. As long as you use your reserves wisely, you should be fine. Give and take.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I have found it difficult to donate troops in the past few days.  Maybe when we are on we could say something like "RTD" ready to donate, so if anyone needs any we can donate when we have the chance.  Damn chinaman got me last night.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I am still upgrading so not doing a lot of raiding, I always keep my troop camps maxed out, and new archers in the barracks waiting for room, I'll usually have a few when I return from a raid
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you

<---- Ruffed grouse

Most of my buildings/ defenses are in the level 3-6 range. Working on upgrading walls etc, looks like I slacked a little on that aspect.

I'll probably rebuild my clan castle tomorrow and try to figure out how to join the clan in this thread. Looking forward to the new aspect of the game with the arfcom clan.

- how long does it take for the clan castle to rebuild?

- I only used a couple green gems in the tutorial.
I presume I'm strictly saving them for a third builder, right?

Thanks folks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

<---- Ruffed grouse

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u170/savage_winchester/Screenshot_2014-02-19-19-59-48_zps8fwvouyc.png

Most of my buildings/ defenses are in the level 3-6 range. Working on upgrading walls etc, looks like I slacked a little on that aspect.

I'll probably rebuild my clan castle tomorrow and try to figure out how to join the clan in this thread. Looking forward to the new aspect of the game with the arfcom clan.

Thanks folks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you

<---- Ruffed grouse

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u170/savage_winchester/Screenshot_2014-02-19-19-59-48_zps8fwvouyc.png

Thanks folks.

Yes save save save your gems until you have the third builder. It helps immensely. The field growth (rocks, trees, shrubs) sometimes have random gems inside of them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes save save save your gems until you have the third builder. It helps immensely. The field growth (rocks, trees, shrubs) sometimes have random gems inside of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you

<---- Ruffed grouse

Thanks folks.

Right, I ate all the mushroom shrubs and trunks up quick.

Am I in decent shape to join the clan? I'm curious how it will change the game play.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Am I in decent shape to join the clan? I'm curious how it will change the game play.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you

<---- Ruffed grouse

Thanks folks.

Yes join us,  it's fun plus you get to deal with us
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Just FYI - I invited Ronan to the clan in case anyone wonders who he is... Good friend

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the invite. Looking forward to playing the game with this group.  It's been a pretty cool game so far.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#46]
So we were discussing donations again last night.  I think everyone is having fun with the race to donate, but I think we all agree that we need some more requests.

One idea that was offered up was sort of a Leech for the Day.  Either as a prize, or just a random daily selection of active players, one player is encouraged to raid like mad and drop clan castles with blatant disregard for donation ratios.

I think a way to implement this would be to do a roll call at a specified time, and have an elder pick the leech for the next 24 hours.  We keep it informal...no tracking, no ratio comparisons...just try to be fair an pick someone who hasn't been a leech for awhile and will be available.

This would really only increase the rate of requests by about 4 an hour for someone pretty damned active, which I know we can handle, but it would also start fucking up ratios enough that people will start ignoring them...a good thing in my opinion.

Thoughts?

By the way, while we haven't made it clan policy, I've started the practice of keeping 5 slots filled with archers strictly for donations, and I have to say it's really helped me satisy more donation requests.  Totally worth the cost of one army upgrade, and you quickly get used to keeping those slots filled and ready.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Come back Jimmy - I'm sorry I rejected you...
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So we were discussing donations again last night.  I think everyone is having fun with the race to donate, but I think we all agree that we need some more requests.

One idea that was offered up was sort of a Leech for the Day.  Either as a prize, or just a random daily selection of active players, one player is encouraged to raid like mad and drop clan castles with blatant disregard for donation ratios.

I think a way to implement this would be to do a roll call at a specified time, and have an elder pick the leech for the next 24 hours.  We keep it informal...no tracking, no ratio comparisons...just try to be fair an pick someone who hasn't been a leech for awhile and will be available.

This would really only increase the rate of requests by about 4 an hour for someone pretty damned active, which I know we can handle, but it would also start fucking up ratios enough that people will start ignoring them...a good thing in my opinion.

Thoughts?

By the way, while we haven't made it clan policy, I've started the practice of keeping 5 slots filled with archers strictly for donations, and I have to say it's really helped me satisy more donation requests.  Totally worth the cost of one army upgrade, and you quickly get used to keeping those slots filled and ready.
View Quote

I'm down with that Idea.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm down with that Idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

I'm down with that Idea.

Me too...
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#50]
We have plenty of people eager to donate, so we are gonna have some people with positive ratios, and some would just have to negative, since we have a limited pool of members. so I wouldn't worry if you can't keep your ratio up, especially when you can get 15+ from a request, but you can only donate 5
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top