Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I want moar war. Also, I would like to talk to someone with this doll...

Joe
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want moar war. Also, I would like to talk to someone with this doll...

Joe
View Quote

I'm indifferent, but moar war would be fine with me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Okay, quite a few folk expressing an interest in more frequent wars.  Please indicate which of the following responses best describes your thoughts towards our war scheduling:

1)  MOAR WAR!
2)  No change, steady as she goes.
3)  Show us on the doll where the bad clan touched you.
View Quote

I think the current schedule works well , It still allows some time for raiding and upgrading.  

tmn
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I would like MOAR BONERZ, but everyday could be a bit too much. maybe a 2 days war, 1 day off or similar

taintless

eta: I'm fine with staying the same

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 2:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I would prefer to stay the same.  Already hard enough upgrading at my level.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 5:59:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I can go either way. I do think an every day war would hurt upgrades but if its what the group wants I'm in it to win it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Dog goes both ways.  I like the current schedule, with the exception being following a loss, I like to jump right back in for revenge.

B
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the current rotation because  dragon attacks eat the drink and will be really hard to keep up without time to replenish.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#9]
War is like a fine woman, you must slowly woo her into your car with the promise of shiny jewelry and expensive shoes before you can ravage her with your war boner. Keep it the same.

On a side note, if anyone is interested, I've started an ARFCOM clan in another game similar to CoC called "Castle Clash" if anyone is interested in joining. Just another game to pass the time between upgrades.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm fine with the same schedule but MOAR WAR is fine also. I'm flexible.

roy d...don't confuse that with being easy
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn it!.... I have scored zero stars in the last 2 wars...I'm in a funk.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least you didn't do what I did.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#13]
i've been having a hard time keeping the purple flowing and warring with my recent th8 upgrade and not having as much time to play with being busier. so currently i'm fine with current sched

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#14]
big win #20 last night! woot!

VS D NATION (WIN: 112-74 Stars, Attacks: 90/90 - 65/90)

All attacks used

MOST HEROIC ATTACK: Hector

MOST HEROIC DEFENSE: Boris
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you do?
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#16]
How come I am still a War Spectator?  I had to sit out the last fight and now I am still sitting?   Todd of Aragoth in the Clan.

Link Posted: 6/29/2014 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How come I am still a War Spectator?  I had to sit out the last fight and now I am still sitting?   Todd of Aragoth in the Clan.

View Quote

Depends on your ranking, and how many players the war is fought with... For instance...If you are our 50th ranked player, and we go to war with a clan that only has 48 players, only 48 of our players can participate.
(At least that's the way I understand it)
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Crap, I didn't realize I was so low, I am 49th in trophies.  So I don't get to play, gotta keep building.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Crap, I didn't realize I was so low, I am 49th in trophies.  So I don't get to play, gotta keep building.  
View Quote

Just a little guy
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, that's three times now I've been caught at the end of trophy dumping and wind up as a spectator.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Just a little guy
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a little guy
I just started playing like 2-3 weeks ago

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's three times now I've been caught at the end of trophy dumping and wind up as a spectator.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trophy count has nothing to do with your placement in clan wars.  It is the total of your upgrades on defense and offense that they use.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Trophy count has nothing to do with your placement in clan wars.  It is the total of your upgrades on defense and offense that they use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what Supercell SAYS, however we're pretty sure they lie.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've noticed it to be true.  When I was Gold I, I still was number 1 in clan wars even though my trophies were much lower than others.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've noticed it to be true.  When I was Gold I, I still was number 1 in clan wars even though my trophies were much lower than others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not saying either number is used exclusively, just that trophy count does figure in.  Last war, I went up 3 positions, and about the only change was trophy count.  I haven't looked this war, but I dumped a league or 2 worth of trophies this weekend, so if I've dropped that should confirm things.  I'll look when I get home.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Grats everyone on win #21 tonight! The enemy never showed up!

VS Random Asian Clan (Win: 115-10 Stars, Attacks: 84/90 - 6/90)

1 remaining attack

kevdog

niss

2 remaining attacks

Josh

Tex7853
MOST HEROIC ATTACK: Joe

MOST HEROIC DEFENSE:

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:14:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i've been #5 in wars for as long as I can remember, I'm all over the board with trophies

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Man I miss my phone.  Hope I can pick it up this evening.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

What phone did you get?
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What phone did you get?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What phone did you get?

Broke my old one, just had it repaired.  Samsung Note II.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Big changes to the Hero's...

Hero Changes

Updates...

Update
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#32]
grats on win #22 guys, its not over officially, but its over for the other team, 112-45.

will add final stats later.

also. check out this video of a replay from sir dennis. he had 9 level 4 pekkas attack him, and his clan castle troops glitched so they werent taking any damage. the pekkas stayed put attacking the archers while getting dwindled down to death.

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Heroes are much more difficult to kill now that they are leashed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Winsauce #22

VS Canucklehead (WIN: 113-54, Attacks: 85/90 - 56/90)

1 remaining attack

STRTWYZ

bone

nolaren

2 remaning attacks

tex7853 (let go for inactivity(2 missed wars))

MOST HEROIC ATTACK: tmn

MOST HEROIC DEFENSE: Paul

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Winsauce #22

VS Canucklehead (WIN: 113-54, Attacks: 85/90 - 56/90)

1 remaining attack

STRTWYZ
bone
nolaren

2 remaning attacks
tex7853 (let go for inactivity(2 missed wars))

MOST HEROIC ATTACK: tmn
MOST HEROIC DEFENSE: Paul

View Quote

I vote this as best title for an enemy clan we have faced yet.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 2:00:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

grats on win #22 guys, its not over officially, but its over for the other team, 112-45.

also. check out this video of a replay from sir dennis. he had 9 level 4 pekkas attack him, and his clan castle troops glitched so they werent taking any damage. the pekkas stayed put attacking the archers while getting dwindled down to death.

http://youtu.be/WKTC0yoJEfQ
View Quote
lol even the heros are like WTF??

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 2:01:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/WKTC0yoJEfQ

And then...I revenge attacked him for two stars.

(This did not happen in the war...it was a regular raid on my base).
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#38]
I had to drop, just to low on the scale, at this rate it would take forever to get in a war.  Maybe once I build up some more trophies I can return.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:34:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I had to drop, just to low on the scale, at this rate it would take forever to get in a war.  Maybe once I build up some more trophies I can return.
View Quote
Its cool, whatever makes you comfortable. We understand you wanting to get your war boner on You could use the benefit of our higher troop levels in your CC to help you build up your trophies in attack/defense. Another important tip is to make sure you maximize all your defense and resources at your current TH before you upgrade it to the next level. Most important is to just have fun, you are welcome back whenever you are ready.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#40]
So we had quite the loss last night. We came across a clan with 37 wins and they dominated us. It hurt but we'll bounce back and maybe learn a thing or two from their base setups and attack plans.

VS Chinese INDO (Loss: 95-130 Stars, Attacks: 73/90 - 74/90)

[NOTES: Was during 4th of July weekend + we knew we were going to lose early, remaining attacks wont count against anyone]

1 remaining attack

megsandblake

ryk

twelvepack

Gorilla

Me

Niss

NBH

2 remaining attacks

Coolhand187

Milewsky

Josh

Aaron The Great

Svetgar

MOST HEROIC ATTACK
: TKolbus

MOST HEROIC DEFENSE: Taintless One

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#41]
And with that lets get some discussion going about what happened with this last war.
First off, yes I started the clan war up the other night like normal, not even thinking that people other than myself might actually not be around this holiday weekend to do clan war so I think we could probably all come to an agreement with not having war during holidays.
Altho, I do want to add that even if we got matched up with this clan during a normal week. they still would have beat us the same way. a very high majority of them used all dragon attacks with rage+heal spell combos and they got 42 3-star attacks against us... compared to the 18 3-star attacks we had. The enemy had 97.7% average destruction!
Enemy Bases: These guys had really different setups from what we are used to seeing! These guys had their bases spread out the entire build area into almost tic tac toe grids. These types of bases make it hard for dragon and hog attacks (and even some traditional attacks. The enemy also had really good air defenses! I was seeing level 6 air defenses all the way down into their upper #20 bases.
Now to the controversial issue, do we come up with implementing a 'waving the white flag of surrender' at some point when the war is statistically lost to save remaining attacks from blowing out high resources to attacks?
I know some people were upset the following day that not everyone was attacking because they didn't want to waste the elixir to build an expensive war attack army.
Yes you can still get 20% war loot bonus but its not even close to the amount spent for a full dragon+rage spell attack. The only other personal reasons for still attacking when its a lost cause, is the War Hero achievement (50 gems for 10 clan war stars / 200 gems for 150 clan war stars / 1000 gems for 1000 clan war stars) There's also the Spoils of War achievement (25 gems for 800,000 Gold Bonuses in war / 250 gems for 15million gold bonuses in war / 1000 gems for 100million gold bonuses in war) Or attacking for the practice on a harder than usual base / testing a new army build+strategy.
We have a very good opening war flurry of attacks that I do believe personally has caused many of our opponents to think war is lost early and basically surrender.  And I would hate to see that strategy hurt because people are afraid of wasting resources to a lost cause if we lose.
Those are my 2 cents on the matter.
Apologies to the TL;DR crowd

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Its a game. Angry Birds. Candy crush etc. Just a game.

Its a game.
If its going to get crazy I can step down if someone wants my slot. Im currently enjoying myself but I can see into the future...

Ronin of Hounds.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I think we can skip a war if it falls on a holiday. I don't think there should be any "white flag". Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#44]
http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/470486

tic tac toe

I think everyone needs to work toward upgrading the AA, I know I've slacked in that department

I think we are going to start seeing a lot of the same sort of bases, I know I see a lot of bases I know are from a template because they are all the same. I like attacking the bases I can tell are made by the player. that said I just changed my regular base to a farming template I found on the site I linked earlier Maybe we can consider figuring out the best war base plans and start using those, they don't have to be the same, but they should all be good. The key seems to be having something that makes the enemy kill time dealing with your perimeter, and getting attacks to direct themselves sideways instead of penetrating your base. Bonus points for funneling units into traps, which can be as simple as a missing gap in a wall with a spring trap in it's place.

As far as the attacks the other teams use I don't think we need to worry much about what they do as far as base defense goes, just work on upgrading defense as much as you can, walls aren't incredibly important once you get to level 6 (pink) because of the dragons and hogs and even jump spells that you run into by the time you get there. Just make sure to watch you attacks and fix weaknesses when you see them

I know it's tough to log on and see that you are so far behind, I won't hold not attacking against anyone in that instance. It doesn't make sense to commit resources to reinforce failure

taintless
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#45]
i figured the base layout had a name but the only thing i could think of was tic tac toe
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#46]
The other thing to think about is competition will be getting tougher and tougher. The more we upgrade and improve as a clan. The harder the competition is going to get.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

The other thing to think about is competition will be getting tougher and tougher. The more we upgrade and improve as a clan. The harder the competition is going to get.
View Quote
e'eybody stop upgraydden yo shit

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And with that lets get some discussion going about what happened with this last war.

First off, yes I started the clan war up the other night like normal, not even thinking that people other than myself might actually not be around this holiday weekend to do clan war so I think we could probably all come to an agreement with not having war during holidays.

Altho, I do want to add that even if we got matched up with this clan during a normal week. they still would have beat us the same way. a very high majority of them used all dragon attacks with rage+heal spell combos and they got 42 3-star attacks against us... compared to the 18 3-star attacks we had. The enemy had 97.7% average destruction!

Enemy Bases: These guys had really different setups from what we are used to seeing! These guys had their bases spread out the entire build area into almost tic tac toe grids. These types of bases make it hard for dragon and hog attacks (and even some traditional attacks. The enemy also had really good air defenses! I was seeing level 6 air defenses all the way down into their upper #20 bases.

Now to the controversial issue, do we come up with implementing a 'waving the white flag of surrender' at some point when the war is statistically lost to save remaining attacks from blowing out high resources to attacks?

I know some people were upset the following day that not everyone was attacking because they didn't want to waste the elixir to build an expensive war attack army.

Yes you can still get 20% war loot bonus but its not even close to the amount spent for a full dragon+rage spell attack. The only other personal reasons for still attacking when its a lost cause, is the War Hero achievement (50 gems for 10 clan war stars / 200 gems for 150 clan war stars / 1000 gems for 1000 clan war stars) There's also the Spoils of War achievement (25 gems for 800,000 Gold Bonuses in war / 250 gems for 15million gold bonuses in war / 1000 gems for 100million gold bonuses in war) Or attacking for the practice on a harder than usual base / testing a new army build+strategy.

We have a very good opening war flurry of attacks that I do believe personally has caused many of our opponents to think war is lost early and basically surrender.  And I would hate to see that strategy hurt because people are afraid of wasting resources to a lost cause if we lose.

View Quote

I agree.  Not much to add.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't mean that. Just a reminder to the white flag crowd (if there is one). We were behind, but I still three starred a base. I know all hope was lost and Joe still attacked. As did some other guys. Just saying it's only going to get harder.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

If a fight is even going to be close there's not going to be any retreat (we don't surrender).

This weekend's matchup was never going to be close.  Go back and look at the levels of the players on each side.  Way more heavy hitters.  Look at the clan wars won...they had like 37 if memory serves, and you don't get that many with inactive players.  Every number said "You are fucked", to include the initial numbers for the war.  You can ignore the point count...look at the ratios and percentages.  Stars/battle...% destroyed...from the outset, they were putting up numbers that we've never matched against lesser clans, numbers that have been able to indicate a winner fairly early on in almost every war.

Let's make a Rule of 3...any 3 Elders can call a retreat, and Co-Leaders count for 2 votes.  That way it's never a single person's call, there has to be at least a little discussion.  Whoever calls it has to send out a clan mail so people know who made the call, and if enough of us think it was a bad call we'll mock you endlessly for the cowardly dogs you are.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top