BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump for a new round of betas going out soon.  And no NDA so feel free to chat.  They made some serious changes for this beta from the last one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
ive been in the long term beta I wonder if we can still join each other.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

IM me your info on the long term server, I just got in on that last weekend.

I will probably only be in on this weekend beta for a few hours.  From what I gather the build the long term server is running now will NOT be the build they are testing this weekend.

If anyone needs a code IM me your email address and I can forward you the "bring a friend" code.  Got one more...
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my invite today!

I'm pretty excited because I actually have nothing going on this weekend for a change, I should be able to get some solid play time in.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 5:05:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Extra invite code, first come first served

5TP39ARAWEYEX5DWKPKX
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, just gonna leave these here as well.

6PF6KNNW6JW3MWMYK7JH

7GPTEC7YD9M9PTT7J4C5
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#8]
patching, havent played in a few months
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Downloading the client now.  A co-worker had an extra key to burn so I'm going to give it a try.  Hopefully I actually get the time to give it the ol' college try.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I kinda like it so far.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#11]
And..... we broke it.

Megaserver Megafail.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 1:13:41 AM EDT
[#12]
got around to playing some tonight, the email notice for the beta weekend said i could play my previous character but it must not go back as far from the last time i played.

started over to try a new class and race, a nord nightblade assassin tree. first thing i noticed so far was it was playing a bit smoother, better voice acting (last time i played alot of the voice acting was computer generated siri type voices)
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
From what I'm gathering this isn't the latest build. We are playing a couple of builds behind.

It feels like I'm being herded like a cat to different quest zones.

I didn't die until lvl 7.

When I zone my spells disappear and I have to reset the hotbar.

Mage's guild quest line is bugged before you complete the first part. Dead end.

So many people everywhere that quests that "should" be challenging are just a zerg. Just run and press E in the appropriate spot, return to quest giver.

That said it's not real quick to level up. I'm at lvl 8 currently and starting to explore since the main quests are bugged and don't work.

My goal is to get to 10 and get into pvp before it ends.

End game details are disappointing. 12 man raids and pvp basically. Sounds like it will just be a huge pvp fest like GW2, which gets old after a while.

I want my hardcore mmo back on one hand, but on the other I know I don't have the time to spend on a hardcore mmo. I sank lots of hours into Everquest.

Oh well, it's a free beta. I still haven't pre-ordered and I was really looking forward to this release.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

snipped

View Quote
yah thats the consensus thats been floating around. like the game is nerfed to keep people playing and not rage quitting or something since this is a stress test beta for the megaserver.
back when i played in november 2013, i got a killed a bunch early on and the mobs were much bigger and tougher.
I was playing a new character today, a breton templar with a mix of dps/healer tree up to level 5 or so, playing with my brother in group play and it was just a breeze through level 5, didnt run into any bugged quests today but did run into one last night where an item you needed to examine was bugged and didnt give the option to examine it.
i basically played around alot with the crafting system it is pretty fun. and yah i am worried about the end game content and if it will keep people playing after level capping. thats basically what killed off swtor, by the time they got around to adding in a lot more eldergame content as they called it, it had already gone free to play because of sub drops.

Link Posted: 3/2/2014 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/2/2014 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Despite all the bad press I'd still live to give it a try, I'll see if I can find a beta key this week.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#17]

My beta review:

I made it to a little past level 9.

I had to force myself to do it.

Any quest that actually held my interest was bugged. I couldn't
complete the Mage's guild quest, which I was pretty sure would turn into
the engaging quest line I was looking for.

I felt like I was herded from task giver to task giver, with a
massive map that looks open, but is full of cliffs and barriers to make
sure you are herded in the correct direction.

There were so many people online doing the same quests that it
basically became a giant zerg. Run in, shoot at whatever mobs happen to
respawn during your run, press E the approriate number of times in the
appropriate places and then run to the next quest spot on your compass.

At no time did I care what happened to the world around me. The war
seemed like it was just a pretense to send me through a guided set of
quests.

As a MMO veteran I don't need my hand held for 10 levels. I
understand that developers have to write the game for the lowest common
denominator, but sheesh, at least make it somewhat of a challenge.

I did not die until level 7 or so. And I didn't care when I did die.
Why would I? Repairs are cheap and if I just keep following the carrots
on my compass I'll be given new gear soon enough anyway.

Eventually, after hitting road blocks in the main quest line and
guild quest line, I just started exploring. This was slightly ammusing.
Eventually I found the Grotto. Why are all beginner dungeons in all
MMO's based on giant mushroom caves? Is it a hat tip to Mario?

I ran Grotto even through I was way under level. Usually I'd end up
kiting the named mob while DPS blasted on it. Win. Open chests. Yay.

Everyone gets loot. Why? This will make the content irrelevent much
sooner than if your group of friends or guild has to strategically plan
who gets what gear. Sharing loot makes guilds lean towards a DKP type
system that builds devoted and determined members.

I remember raiding for months in Everquest to get a new breastplate.
And I showed that thing off like I was a God among gnomes. Everyone
getting loot seems like one of those "every kid gets a trophy" type
programs.

You need competition. You need top dogs. You need envy to keep people
logging in and working hard to better their characters and hone their
skills. You need to reward the best of the best.

This brings be me back to the begining. I had to force myself to play
until level 9. Even when the login servers started going haywire I'd
try to get back in. Because I was in love with the game and engaged in
saving the members of my faction? No. Because I wanted to get to level
10 and get into PVP.... hoping that it would save the game and make it
worth playing and worth paying for.

Keep in mind that I purposely chose the highest ranked starting
island and class. Ebonheart and Sorccerer. I still felt like it was a
long, boring slog.

I had absolutely no need to group until I came upon Grotto. MMO's
should encourage grouping and building relationships from the first
moment.

Still I sit here wondering if it gets better after level 10. I hope
it's better in PVP. I hope group dungeons are better. I hope that 12 man
raids can hold up and keep people entertained and challenged.

I've been in love with the Elder Scolls series for years and I was
highly anticipating this beta..... and I still have yet to pre-order.

It just seems like it will be entirely too easy. It seems like once
12 man raid strategies are posted they will be farmed for gear so that
guilds can dominate PVP, effectively making PVP the end game.

I hope I'm wrong. I really really want to be wrong.

Maybe it's my deeply held desire for an updated Everquest type game
that keeps me from seeing the highlights of ESO. Maybe my vision of a
graphically beautiful game with engaging and strategic battles lasting
2-3 minutes on even common mobs clouds my judgement.

People like me are not wanting to know that they can throw themselves
into a group of enemies and smashface them all down solo. They want
danger. They want teamwork and the thrill of victory or the agony of
defeat.

So many games these days have everything set up for solo players. If I
want to play solo I'd load Skyrim or Morrowind and have at it.

Right now this feels like Skyrim with a chat box and other Demi-God
heros running around. It doesn't feel ike a co-operative massive
multiplayer game.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 5:40:07 AM EDT
[#18]
This beta they made some changes to the lower levels after all of the feedback from previous betas.

It gets much harder > lvl 10, especially when you are playing solo when it's you vs 4-5 enemies all the time.

I've never played PvP in it yet so that's going to be new to me when it goes live. I've also never grouped up.

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 6:39:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yep, just gonna leave these here as well.

6PF6KNNW6JW3MWMYK7JH

7GPTEC7YD9M9PTT7J4C5
View Quote

Bastard.  Used the first one, snow day.  I held out sooo long.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I will probably only be in on this weekend beta for a few hours.  From what I gather the build the long term server is running now will NOT be the build they are testing this weekend.

If anyone needs a code IM me your email address and I can forward you the "bring a friend" code.  Got one more...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How the hell do you get in on the long term server?
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

And I must update my review while I'm here as well. It appears that I did not get far enough into the game to get to the good stuff. The developers took the opposite approach of the EVE devs and make the learning curve so gradual and hold your hand so long that you eventually assume the whole game is like that.

After beta was over I was really really disappointed but I really wanted to prove myself wrong about the game sucking a giant wall of orc dicks. So I started reading the forums and watching youtube gameplay.

At level 10 you encounter the first group dungeon and get access to Cyrodil PVP. At 15 you get weapon swapping so you effectively double your combat choices.

I also didn't realize that armor choices have passive boosts. For example when you equip enough light armor you get magica regen type bonuses, medium armor gets stamina bonuses, heavy gets hp bonuses. I was a sorcerer in heavy armor...

Watching gameplay also clued me in to how much freedom there is to do goofy shit and make it work... like a sorcerer running around with a bow as his main weapon and a 1h/shield as his backup. He's sneaking around in pvp, lighting folks up with arrows and then going friggin Godzilla on them when they close distance. Chopping their asses while spamming AoE spells.

That's pretty neat.

I ended beta pissed off and disappointed, only to realize I was playing it all wrong. Now I can't wait until the next beta to see how things pan out with my new knowledge.

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, there I was... Wearing my most alluring dress, on my normal corner.  I was propositioned by a well dressed Life Member...  he then took me to a hotel and tried to close a jewelry box on my fingers.  After that things just got weird...
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This.

And I must update my review while I'm here as well. It appears that I did not get far enough into the game to get to the good stuff. The developers took the opposite approach of the EVE devs and make the learning curve so gradual and hold your hand so long that you eventually assume the whole game is like that.

After beta was over I was really really disappointed but I really wanted to prove myself wrong about the game sucking a giant wall of orc dicks. So I started reading the forums and watching youtube gameplay.

At level 10 you encounter the first group dungeon and get access to Cyrodil PVP. At 15 you get weapon swapping so you effectively double your combat choices.

I also didn't realize that armor choices have passive boosts. For example when you equip enough light armor you get magica regen type bonuses, medium armor gets stamina bonuses, heavy gets hp bonuses. I was a sorcerer in heavy armor...

Watching gameplay also clued me in to how much freedom there is to do goofy shit and make it work... like a sorcerer running around with a bow as his main weapon and a 1h/shield as his backup. He's sneaking around in pvp, lighting folks up with arrows and then going friggin Godzilla on them when they close distance. Chopping their asses while spamming AoE spells.

That's pretty neat.

I ended beta pissed off and disappointed, only to realize I was playing it all wrong. Now I can't wait until the next beta to see how things pan out with my new knowledge.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

That's pretty neat.

I'm glad you took another look at things... I was working up a rebuttal per gripe for your review and realized I would have just sounded way to fanboy trying to explain my opinions or interpretations of your complaints.  Didn't want to just try and "talk you off the ledge", so to speak.

And your right, they do hold your hand for a long time.  The thing is, I think they are aiming for such a broad stroke.  Especially when porting to the consoles.  I don't think very many strictly console players even understand the typical MMO.  So they have to play to that. Not everyone grew up on Telnet and MUDs... or years of PC MMORPG games.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well, there I was... Wearing my most alluring dress, on my normal corner.  I was propositioned by a well dressed Life Member...  he then took me to a hotel and tried to close a jewelry box on my fingers.  After that things just got weird...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were no Julia Roberts. But it was good enough.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 2:01:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got any more slots to get people in? I'm stuck at work and have nothing to do for about another 4-5 days.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Got any more slots to get people in? I'm stuck at work and have nothing to do for about another 4-5 days.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, sorry. I only had up until last week to submit them. Now we are in crunch mode and they don't want to deal with adding new accounts.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#27]
i want to play this game again so bad, the last couple days i've had withdrawals
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 6:07:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
i want to play this game again so bad, the last couple days i've had withdrawals
View Quote

Maybe I havent played enough yet, but I cant really get into it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 6:28:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Loved it the past 2 weekends.

Torn between Nord Nightblade (why because I always play barbarians / vikings bonuses be damned! )

And actually going for solid bonuses via Imperial, Redguard, or Khajit (I cant stand playing the cats....thinking of them as Kzin helps but...meh)

So I think I will need 3 chars total...

2 Nightblades lol (One Nord and one other, one in full plate just because fuck it, and the other in medium 5 / plate 2)

and 1 Dragonknight just because.

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I played a high elf sorcerer, didn't really hold my attention. I always seemed to be doing something else on the second monitor.

I still have the pre-order in, the game does look like it will be solid after a little more polishing. Knowing that we were playing an old build is comforting. I kept getting stuck in conversations with NPCs, the chat options would disappear, but the camera wouldn't unlock and zoom back out. Other than some minor timing glitches that was the only real issue I had.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 5:11:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Big update to the Launcher.  Looks as though they are bringing the Beta server inline with the PTS server.

So, the next Beta weekend(probably next weekend) will be playing a later build.  Including NPC collision, tweaks to UI and other changes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Beta this weekend, then something again between that and launch.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Got a beta invite for this weekend's test.    I was going back and forth on whether or not to buy so this should help me figure it out.  Guess I won't be getting too much done this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Make sure you new beta tester(and old ones) to check your launcher every day for updates.  And pre download as soon as you get your beta code account set up.  It takes a long time to DL and you don't want to be wasting all Friday night DLing it.

They also updated the launcher with some slight tweaks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#35]
yep i got the email today too, i like how they are giving us the pre-order bonuses to try out (play as imperial etc)
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 3:33:19 AM EDT
[#36]
I've got a couple more beta codes from my preorder on GMG.  I'll update this post when my company decides to call the ball and shut down for this snowmageddon... and if/when I make it home...

Final Beta Event : Friday 3/14 12 Noon - Sunday 3/16 12 Noon

Beta Keys:
C7W4AXWMDGY4T3AXWRMG
X4L6WPR96PY5EYRH634D
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#37]
So, how many more haters are we adding to the thread?

I've found I don't have the tolerance to keep making new starter characters...  I wonder how many people just gave up after a couple of new characters and never got enough level to really find enjoyment.  I can say that the two builds that I played over level 10 seemed to end up being the most pleasure... But I think any build could be like that as things just get more interesting after that much time.

I can't even imagine making the 8 characters they are giving us on 1 account.  I don't think I could start over that many times.

I'm hoping that I don't need more than 2-3 characters to keep me playing for a good long while.  Ideally, 1 main fighter character and 1 alternate pure crafter will probably be plenty for my style.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#38]
been playing a bit the past few nights, was having some issues last night with overcrowded quest areas because of so many people playing the beta. Bunch of bugged quests that were fixed in the past but bugged again now.

Found the stable and got the imperial edition horse for 1gold and thats pretty fun.

Still having a blast with the game and I'm really looking forward to release when i can really put some time into the game, with the beta i just dont feel like putting so much time into a character only to have to start over in a few weeks when early access starts.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
been playing a bit the past few nights, was having some issues last night with overcrowded quest areas because of so many people playing the beta. Bunch of bugged quests that were fixed in the past but bugged again now.

Found the stable and got the imperial edition horse for 1gold and thats pretty fun.

Still having a blast with the game and I'm really looking forward to release when i can really put some time into the game, with the beta i just dont feel like putting so much time into a character only to have to start over in a few weeks when early access starts.
View Quote

Yep, me too.  I've had to re-log on almost 3 out of 4 quests I did last night.  Missing items, too many players, NPC's not respawning, etc.   It's a hassle but I can't say it's killing the game for me.

My issue is going to be; after the mass of players racing to end game move on... I've found myself in places wishing or even waiting for another player to come by and hope they give a hand killing a few mobs so I can get past a certain spot.  Sometimes not seeing anyone for a while.  I still haven't joined any random groups... I guess I don't feel pressured to find a group since it's just beta weekends.  And my PTS time was heavily into playing with a pure crafter build.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Finally got to play a bit of the beta. Love the game but the community so far is the biggest pile of shit I have ever seen in an mmo (been in mmos since everquest release).

Hoping most of the wastes of flesh wont play in release
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Finally got to play a bit of the beta. Love the game but the community so far is the biggest pile of shit I have ever seen in an mmo (been in mmos since everquest release).

View Quote

That was me trolling in zone chat.  I rolled an Orc, so I'll roleplaying.  

Yeah, this beta weekend is bugged out bad.  Forth weekend I've beta tested, and the worst so far with quest bugs.  This time I've had more time to test the game and more time to play.  However, most of the bugs were not present in the last test sessions.  I've tested all three starter zones, and Daggerfall Covenant was horrible this time.  87% of the quests didn't work.  Any comment at all in zone chat is met with a chorus of ESO fanbois defending the game and the devs.  I got feed-up and trolled hard for awhile.  

Comments such as too many players in the zone cracked me up.  Or players "camping" is causing the spawn issue.  Its an MMO.  That's what people do in MMO's.  Also heard this isn't the latest game client and the "real" game isn't bugged?!?  Why are we testing an old client?  

The lag in Cyrodiil is still there.  PvP is fun at first, but after a few hours, I'm bored.  Not sure what to expect in 2 weeks, but I don't really how Zenimax can fix these issues in that short of time.

But, with that I've still got my pre-order coming March 30th.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good thing is it looks like most of the asshats were the ones crying why isn't this F2P why do I have to pay for it ...

Most of those should be weeded out on release, hopefully.

As to community, I have seen worse.....F2P games usually have HORRID player bases.  

Tried Terra Online for a week as I had heard combat was really good..... and ran screaming lol

Cant wait for ESO to go live.

2h Nightblade wanted to dps in plate but lose way too much in the way of dps.  So its 5 / 2 for me get the look I want that way hehe.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

As to community, I have seen worse.....F2P games usually have HORRID player bases.  

View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#44]

So...I drank the Koolaid and pre-ordered the game after watching a lot of videos...yep, I got the Imperial and the white horsy

Looks like it will fit my play-style very well, looking forward to an Orc DK, should be fun.

I expect the opening will be buggy as all hell, just like WoW was all those years ago. I can live with that, I don't expect everything to be perfect at release.

The main thing is, it's not anything like WoW, and that's good...after ten years, I'm about sick of it. BTDT, ya know?

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 2:00:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Just got the email to update for early access.

There is an update to the launcher and game files.

I know Jatobi started another PC thread, but feel free to add your @names here too I will update the OP with a list.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 2:50:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Sunday needs to hurry the fuck up
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sunday needs to hurry the fuck up
View Quote

Yes it does.  Too bad about all I will have time for is possibly creating a few characters to save names and customize looks; no gameplay for most of early access.

I added a poll to see where everyone is playing, maybe start up an ARFGUILD... or have one in all 3 Alliances.

I'll probably be playing on EP mainly.  Might make an Alt to play around in other area's.

And yes I realize I misspelled Capon.  No Mr. Officer I wasn't texting and driving, I was trying to add a poll on ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll be at work at 5:30 Sunday making sure you guys don't break anything.

Say hi to my arfcom name if you see me online. If it's going smoothly I'll be playing :)
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Say hi to my arfcom name if you see me online. If it's going smoothly I'll be playing :)
View Quote

So if I run in a random direction and find a big red button on the side of a cliff labeled "SERVER MEMORY WIPE DO NOT PUSH," you're one of the poor bastards that has to fix it if I do?

I'll start a Dominion Arfguild. I'll be on as soon as the servers go live.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, what, an abnormal Mer can't befriend a god???  I have to pray things are working and find your Tamriel bound body... What shrine is good for things like this?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top