Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I get on, but once I start playing I put in about 4+ hours as I can't find a way to play for 20 minutes.  So I burn myself out in one day and it takes me a week to get back to it.  Just not enough time to play on the weekdays.  Just log in and get my crafting emails.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I read a great suggestion for burnout in the VR levels: respec and play the next set differently. I'm playing vr1-5 as s+s instead of staff.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read a great suggestion for burnout in the VR levels: respec and play the next set differently. I'm playing vr1-5 as s+s instead of staff.
View Quote

Meh, I like my build though. I just wish the VR levels went by just a tad bit faster.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 3:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Wanted to ask the clan if anyone had issues about me taking some heavy armor or metal arms from the guild bank(once and a while)?  I took a used level 34 item, which was way above my level and damned if it didn't give me a huge boost when deconstructing(wanted to test a thought).   Or if you high level guys can send me some pieces to break down once and a while.  I just burned up all my lower level mats creating and left it all in the guild bank.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wanted to ask the clan if anyone had issues about me taking some heavy armor or metal arms from the guild bank(once and a while)?  I took a used level 34 item, which was way above my level and damned if it didn't give me a huge boost when deconstructing(wanted to test a thought).   Or if you high level guys can send me some pieces to break down once and a while.  I just burned up all my lower level mats creating and left it all in the guild bank.
View Quote

Not at all, that's what it's there for.  But the reason there usually isn't any heavy crap in there is because I usually take it and break it down for tempers since I'm at like 46 smithing and have max chance to pull those tempers out. Send me a mail and I can make you anything you want for decon or for your toon through VR 10.

ETA creation is a waste of time unless you're making stuff for your toon. Next to no XP for creation, all your serious XP is going to come from decon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll be happy to send ya heavy armor stuffs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#7]
*Crickets*
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
*Crickets*
View Quote

CAN NOT PLAY WITH A HANGOVER!

And it now takes my aging brain over a full day to recover.  Not to mention my old guts...

And this kids, is why we don't go to a bar when we have a friend bar tending...  I told myself 4 drafts, tops. That turned into at least 8 and 3-5 shots.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And it now takes my aging brain over a full day to recover.  Not to mention my old guts...

And this kids, is why we don't go to a bar when we have a friend bar tending...  I told myself 4 drafts, tops. That turned into at least 8 and 3-5 shots.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*Crickets*

Damn old codger.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Big update DLing...  But no patch notes are up yet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Big update DLing...  But no patch notes are up yet.
View Quote

Great....
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#12]
reddit elderscrolls has links to the 1.1.2 patch notes.

TONS of stuff in there.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Holy shit, the color of the gear on my main changed.

Looks a shit ton more epic now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Ugh, the patch wiped my quest book...had to go back and pick them up again.

Saw a toon named Noveske the other day, that one of youse guys?

Oh, just realized I never gave my ID, I'm @NotFragile. Add to the list, if you please

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Well hell, you know, when you have a good group those dungeons are pretty fun.  Cleared Banishing Cells and Spindleclutch under an hour.  Way better than the hour of dieing over and over in the horrible group from last night.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well hell, you know, when you have a good group those dungeons are pretty fun.  Cleared Banishing Cells and Spindleclutch under an hour.  Way better than the hour of dieing over and over in the horrible group from last night.
View Quote

Yep. First boss should be treated as a litmus test. If your group doesn't work well, bail.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 1:48:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't have the time or energy to play working 2 jobs so I'm out for now. Have fun everyone still playing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Finally got around to getting a toon to VR1, a dual-wielding DK in medium armor...

Me and The Big Bad-Ass...took me 4 tries to down him.

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Finally got around to getting a toon to VR1, a dual-wielding DK in medium armor...

http://i.imgur.com/6Sm2nlL.jpg
View Quote

4 tries with a DK? What happened?

With the buff, talons and desto staff made it so easy I was disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#20]
It took me like 20 tries.

ETA: what buff add on is that?
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I was very careful to not spoiler the fight, so I had no idea what was coming....

First attempt I used my Ultimate in the first phase...bad idea. Took me two more tries to refill Ultimate, then he was cake on #4.

No destro staff, I went with a Stamina heavy build...basically kept up Fire Breath, spammed Twin Slashes and light attacks, and stayed out of the red stuff. Saved my Magicka for GDB...

Phase 2, gather them up and drop the Flag of Doom, then Whirlwind away until they was dead.

Phase 3 was a repeat of phase one...once you manage to survive P2, the fight is easy.

ETA: M82, this is the addon...  Srendarr

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well, I was very careful to not spoiler the fight, so I had no idea what was coming....

First attempt I used my Ultimate in the first phase...bad idea. Took me two more tries to refill Ultimate, then he was cake on #4.

No destro staff, I went with a Stamina heavy build...basically kept up Fire Breath, spammed Twin Slashes and light attacks, and stayed out of the red stuff. Saved my Magicka for GDB...

Phase 2, gather them up and drop the Flag of Doom, then Whirlwind away until they was dead.

Phase 3 was a repeat of phase one...once you manage to survive P2, the fight is easy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 5:33:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Hello everyone, I'm in the guild, but I don't talk or play much.(Still level 30)  I have a lot of other things going on that are restriciting my play time.

Anyways.... I was thinking after reading the last couple of posts, that everybody should post up some of the mods they are using.  That buff timer looks pretty sweet.

I'm using:

Slightly improved experience bar
Warlegend HUD (mod kind of sucks, but only thing that I have found to alter the UI)
Skyshards
Lorebooks

Since I dont play all that often, I don't really browse for addons.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Boy has this last few patch and maintenance sessions screwed me up.  I've had 2 or 3 crashes in 2 days( only 1 prior since launch).  Along with UI/interactivity issues.

And what the hell did they do to crafting... I've had more "no useful items found" in the past few sessions than I'd think were possible.  This was one of my main gold farming methods, selling extra crafting stuff after Decon.  I'm getting way less Improvement mats as well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:39:55 AM EDT
[#26]
So this might be a dumb question but...is this game like Skyrim but just online only?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So this might be a dumb question but...is this game like Skyrim but just online only?
View Quote

Yes and no. There are still some things missing (like a justice system) that they plan on adding later, but it's still a tad different.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#28]
shameless plug if you like the music of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTlEppk57Ac

I'm trying to get a behind the scenes thing going about the music. We'll see if I get anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Such dead. Much Kaput. So Wow.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#30]
So is the game dead dead now or what? I like TES with a passion but I (generally) hate MMOs and expected this one to flop hardcore.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Nope, still up and running.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So is the game dead dead now or what? I like TES with a passion but I (generally) hate MMOs and expected this one to flop hardcore.
View Quote

No, just a lot fewer people playing compared to launch from what I've seen. What's the official number if you know Jester?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:30:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No, just a lot fewer people playing compared to launch from what I've seen. What's the official number if you know Jester?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know.

Wish there were more people in the VR levels that wanted to do the dungeons.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Don't know.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know.

I'm trying to get my Templar up to VR. I have my Sorc but VR on it just seems kinda meh.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#35]

I'm dropping out for a while...after beating the Big Bad Guy, I just lost interest, I guess. Kick me if you want...

I'm going back to World of Tanks, same user name there, look me up.

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Big patch is live...
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Good news for clothes, you can now wear a shirt instead of a dress!
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 6:04:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Big patch is live...
View Quote

Second big content patch for VR stuff.. Big VR12 dungeon.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#39]
So, does the game suck or not? Thinking of buying as an alternative to going back to WoW.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So, does the game suck or not? Thinking of buying as an alternative to going back to WoW.
View Quote

It's a lot of fun, very different from WoW, can built your toon to be whatever you want it to and still be viable... BUT...

It's kinda in a limbo phase right now. Still a bunch of people playing, but nowhere near as many as there were at launch. Big reason (IMO) behind that is once you hit the veteran levels in the beginning, the game just fucking stopped moving. You got this sense of "yay, progress!" Going level 1-50, then you hit VR1 and it fucking died. Massive grind toget through the VR levels. But they fixed that now, that was really my only gripe. It's also more fun with someone to play with.

PM me if you have any more questions.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm still working on the Caldwell's quests, VR8 and getting close to the end. I'm not bothering to do many other quests in the areas.

Started working on crafting skills for armor/weapons.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:36:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Just canceled my Sub... for now at least... Haven't felt any need for a while.  Sucks, but I just couldn't bring myself to keep the payments going.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just canceled my Sub... for now at least... Haven't felt any need for a while.  Sucks, but I just couldn't bring myself to keep the payments going.
View Quote

Based on all the reviews, I just reactivated my WoW account instead.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same, I did that last month. Seemed too dead to me, which is a shame because it really had potential.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not going back to WoW, it's stale and dead to me. All a numbers game and it's not fun like it used to be.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Ditched the arfcom guild. Hit VE10, finished Caldwell and have been playing around in craglorn.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Same, I did that last month. Seemed too dead to me, which is a shame because it really had potential.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really did... not sure what hurt them.  Probably too many people used to F2P crap now.

In other news... I finished up the Phantom Trainee assignment today.  3 hours of flying jets with either hackers or just really good players.  Most likely just KD padding.  Horrible Grind
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ditched the arfcom guild. Hit VE10, finished Caldwell and have been playing around in craglorn.
View Quote

Can't say I blame ya.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It really did... not sure what hurt them.  Probably too many people used to F2P crap now.

In other news... I finished up the Phantom Trainee assignment today.  3 hours of flying jets with either hackers or just really good players.  Most likely just KD padding.  Horrible Grind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That, and the release blunders, along with the ZOMG IT'S NOT SKYRIM!!!! crowd.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much falls in line with why I bailed from SW: The Old Republic. It's a game I didn't ask for. I've loved the TES games, but I'd rather have drop in/out coop in a game like Skyrim, ala Diablo, instead of an MMO. Also, mods are the huge attraction of the TES games, and an MMO simply doesn't fit that bill. Everyone wants that MMO $$$ coming in, but honestly trying to compete agains WoW and EVE seems silly. You can only drag people so far on having an Intellectual Property they love, like SW or LotR.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top