Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Bdonk checking in, I'm on the retires clan I think
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#4]

this is what i would like when you post your picture of your best loot raid
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#5]
1 week to go in the contest.. lets see some good raids..
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I would but they all suck
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
BIG dark elixir score:

Biggest nuggets and sauce this season:

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I gotta say, playing on my laptop is pretty nice.

Thanks, m00ler and rykn0w !
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#9]
So new update today. TH8+ gets a new mortar.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Fucking my layout all up
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fucking my layout all up
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking my layout all up

Nah. Your layout was already fucked up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking my layout all up

It certainly fucked my layout up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking my layout all up

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Are you guys getting blasted with join requests? The past couple days we are getting upwards of 10 or more requests per hour

nvm, Looks like its an issue created by the new clan search feature

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are you guys getting blasted with join requests? The past couple days we are getting upwards of 10 or more requests per hour

View Quote

I haven't seen an influx.  The only time I see it is when we troll global and let strangers in to beat on them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

We've been trolling global and sending them to you guys.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

shhhhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
shhhhhhhhhh
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

shhhhhhhhhh
I had my suspicions, but it wasn't of you guys

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Eowar would like to join.  Got denied a bit ago with standard "I would like to join"

ETA:  Getting a "Can't join.  You have been banned from this clan."  WTF guys?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Eowar would like to join.  Got denied a bit ago with standard "I would like to join"

ETA:  Getting a "Can't join.  You have been banned from this clan."  WTF guys?
View Quote

I'll try and invite you hold on
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok i tried but your inbox is full
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I got it.  Don't know why it said that as I only have 3 messages.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#24]
winner of the contest is Ronin, please send me an IM on what you want
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:36:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Alright everybody, this seasons contest will be a knock off of larue's uhfo contest. Donate donate donate. At the end of the season i will use a random number generator to pick a number between 500 to 5000 (i know 5000 is pretty high but that is so mOOler and mama are in it). Who's ever donation number matches the random number wins. If no one has that number i'll draw another until there is a winner and if more then one player has the winning number then i'll pick a number  to break the tie (ie. 3 people have the same number the generator will pick 1-3). Prize options are $25 gift card to itunes, amazon, or brownells (because we're all gun enthusiasts here so why not?). Annnnnd GO!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Can somebody explain to me how these clan wars work?  I've been on a several month hiatus from CoC and am not quite back up to speed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Clan vs. Clan based on the number of clan members and overall strength.
Each player gets two attacks to use against an two opponents of the enemy clan (you can't attack the same player twice)
Stars are awarded for wins, the same as they are in raiding. (if you only pull one star, you still get a win and the chance for war loot, but someone else from your clan can come behind you and try for more stars)
Team with the most stars at the the end of the 24 hour war period wins. (35 vs 35 = 70 available attacks to win a total of 105 stars. ARFCOM Clan averages around 95 stars per war!!!)
War loot is awarded to the individual members of the team for a victory based on your performance. (get a star = get loot, based on enemies ranking within their clan)
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Here's some food for thought from the Supercell forum discussions about winning clan wars:

1) Kick anyone who doesn't make both attacks. You need everyone to be attacking, always.

2) Kick anyone who loots or TH snipes. Wars are not about loot.

3) Kick anyone who uses cheap armies instead of something decent. Wars can be won by who is willing to spend the most elixir. There is no place for barching, or goblins in war. Spells should always be used, except when the spell factory is upgrading.

4) Make sure your clan is luring and killing CC defenders first unless they are mass dragging or in some instances GoWiPe and GoWiWi.

5) Watch every single replay. Help clan members learn from mistakes, tweak bases, and pick up tips from good enemy attacks.

6) Look over every one of your clan's bases and make sure they are good designs. If they are not, work with the person to get them changed.

7) Have available good war troops for your clan's CC. Have them use it.

8) Use the appropriate attack strategy. There really aren't that many basic ones. I won't include th5s and below as they have so few troops as to be useless in war if you have any opponent th9s. They simply don't have enough troops to defeat what should be in the clan castles and still get any decent number of stars.

•For th6, the best attack is a mass Balloon attack with heal. This is a tricky attack, however, as wizard towers and air bombs will wreck your army. You need to lure those air bombs, and use heal to protect them against the wizard towers. The second best attack, and infinitely easier is the healer/giant. The learning curve is a lot easier on that one, and it would be best for anyone who doesn't know how to use loons.
•For th7 and 8 you are going to be mass dragging with lightning. Zap an AD away from you and start your dragons so they go into the remaining air defenses. Done right, and it isn't that hard, this reliably 3-stars anything except for near-max th8s.
•For th9+ you are going to be using any number of different armies, including GoWiPe, GoWiWi, hogs, Loons. Bases can still be mass dragged, but it's typically a 2-star at best for any decent th9. ]
•There are a few "oddball" attacks that work really well, but they have to be tailored to a specific base

9) Clan Castles. Have your highest levels fill these with good troops. The easiest effective combo is archers with wizards, but witches, valkyries, and dragons (these are easy to lure but are the only thing that put a slight dent in a mass drag attack) can also be useful.

10) Morale. This is often ignored. People like to be told they did great attacks and they don't like to hear how they did bad. Keep up the morale by cheering on 3 star attacks.

11) Don't attack low. Have your players attack within a specific range of their # in war. If everyone attacks low, your lowest people get shut out. If they attack too high, they aren't likely to get very many stars.

(Posted by Warble on forum.supercell.net)

If you don't know what "barching" and "GoWiWi" and "GoWiPe" are, search them out on youtube.

- ToRk
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Not exactly COC related but  some of you guys mentioned you wanted to see some of my creations. Started this machete this weekend. 20.75" OL Got the blade somewhat shaped in the forge then finished it with angle grinder. Had to do a lot of flattening out to get the bends outta it. Still gotta heat and shape the spike at the end of handle. And then bevel and sharpen the edge. Think I'll give it a simple paracord handle. It's for a buddy at work. He wanted something with a zombie apocalypse look to it.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#30]
You guys donate troops almost instantaneously.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You guys donate troops almost instantaneously.  
View Quote

Especially if there's a contest.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Update in OP
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Update in OP
View Quote

Now I have to go back 22 pages to read the update great
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#34]
And I'm in for gob war
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
And I'm in for gob war
View Quote

It's your dream come true!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And I'm in for gob war

Yes it is hahah
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#37]
New COC player here, just rebuilt my clan castle. Name is just Mak in game. Any chance I can get in on the arfcom clan? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
New COC player here, just rebuilt my clan castle. Name is just Mak in game. Any chance I can get in on the arfcom clan? Thanks guys.
View Quote

come on in
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not exactly COC related but  some of you guys mentioned you wanted to see some of my creations. Started this machete this weekend. 20.75" OL Got the blade somewhat shaped in the forge then finished it with angle grinder. Had to do a lot of flattening out to get the bends outta it. Still gotta heat and shape the spike at the end of handle. And then bevel and sharpen the edge. Think I'll give it a simple paracord handle. It's for a buddy at work. He wanted something with a zombie apocalypse look to it.

<a href="http://s100.photobucket.com/user/mark_ash81/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141017_180542_zps11pse8kv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/mark_ash81/Mobile%20Uploads/20141017_180542_zps11pse8kv.jpg</a>
View Quote

That is bad ass!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Best level 5 town hall layout?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Any last minute war advice?  First time for me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Any last minute war advice?  First time for me.
View Quote

Just win baby
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#43]
NICE VICTORY, FELLAS!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:06:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#45]
That was a close one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey guys I dropped a request earlier, my names chris on the game I'd like to join
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hey guys I dropped a request earlier, my names chris on the game I'd like to join
View Quote

Put FBHO or AROCK. in your request so you will be recognized and admitted!
ETA: Sent you an invite.

ETAA: Wow, man, this is your only post in 3 years? Crazy!
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Yea I'm not of much help in the tech forums, ever thing in gd is just the same thread over and over, I've actually been reading here since 07
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#49]
The ARFCOM anyone can join clan is full. The others are invite only. Any chance of an invite?

Bob (who shoulda had a more unique name.)
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#50]
NBT will not be in the war this week guys.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top