BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think Zeph did a cylinder at the largest size and he meant to do grass but somehow he did sand. The cylinder was midair and sand is a "gravity" bock as in if there is nothing below it, it will fall. So we had 40000 blocks of falling sound moving simultaneously through the air in the most player populated section of town, I don't know if you have ever seen me drop sand but when I drop even 5000 blocks the server goes crazy. 5000 moving working entities is a LOT. Anyway after that Vikingwench tried a Core Protect rollback of the exact same size, if worldedit a trusted and time honored plugin can't handle a function and plugin like core protect definitely CAN NOT handle it. So she just threw more fuel on the fire and that somehow corrupted the map. I'm working on fixing it now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah Izeph and Viikingwench killed it, I'm fixing it now.

how did they do that?

I think Zeph did a cylinder at the largest size and he meant to do grass but somehow he did sand. The cylinder was midair and sand is a "gravity" bock as in if there is nothing below it, it will fall. So we had 40000 blocks of falling sound moving simultaneously through the air in the most player populated section of town, I don't know if you have ever seen me drop sand but when I drop even 5000 blocks the server goes crazy. 5000 moving working entities is a LOT. Anyway after that Vikingwench tried a Core Protect rollback of the exact same size, if worldedit a trusted and time honored plugin can't handle a function and plugin like core protect definitely CAN NOT handle it. So she just threw more fuel on the fire and that somehow corrupted the map. I'm working on fixing it now.

Wow, a divide by zero.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
ouch..... no bueno.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh Shit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 1:51:48 AM EDT
[#4]
still working to get it fixed. something went full retard.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know where we are at now?  Starting over again?   I still think we can re-load the old map.  I assume Snake is in sleepy land right now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#6]
just logged on quick, looks like everything is gone.  damn
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#7]
new map set unfortunately, its a 1.7.5 map now. we have the old map, but there are a lot of fucked up chunks all over the place. We are going to transfer over a lot of the big builds, town and all the arena's. This is going to take a little wile, but we will do it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]
So as far as our personal houses and items, they are all gone? Where do we rebuild if all our stuff is gone? I tried grouping up with others but I can't tp. Should we just build where we spawn?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Built a new small house then relocated to the top of a hill. I tried to set my home spawn but now it will not work. I type /home and it does not transport me there. I'm hoping it's just something to do with all the construction going on. I'm going to wait a while to get back on if that's the case. Yall got a lot on your plate with this disaster. Let me know what I can do.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#10]
all the player files, plugins and everything are the same so all your set homes are still there.  if you do /home it should list your old saved homes. I would be careful using them because you might end up underground, in the ocean or god knows where on the new map :)

just use /delhome to get rid of the ones you don't want. and do /sethome "home name"

Hell u know all this so i am just probably talking out my ass.

It is a clusterfuck right now but town is being put back in slowly but surely.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
all the player files, plugins and everything are the same so all your set homes are still there.  if you do /home it should list your old saved homes. I would be careful using them because you might end up underground, in the ocean or god knows where on the new map :)

just use /delhome to get rid of the ones you don't want. and do /sethome "home name"

View Quote

So we should go look for our old homes or they are gone forever?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#12]
the old homes are on old map save, well most of them if they didn't get the chunk corruption....
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 4:46:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What he is saying is YOU CAN set a home. You probably already have 5 homes, you need to delete one of your other ones so you can save a new one at your newest house you built.

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What he is saying is YOU CAN set a home. You probably already have 5 homes, you need to delete one of your other ones so you can save a new one at your newest house you built.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got bit. Yup. I had a couple from before the world went Kaboom. All fixed now.

I hope you can recover the town and temples. Those were fantastic and would be a shame after all that work. Little guys like me can just rebuild, no problem but some of those houses were works of art. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I jumped on this morning, for the fun of it I hit /home and it dropped me in the middle of an ocean
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I need to check for another area close to what I had before. An island I can reform into what my old place looked like.

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I need to check for another area close to what I had before. An island I can reform into what my old place looked like.

View Quote

Once I get all the warps up I don't mind helping every single person get back to where they were before

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Once I get all the warps up I don't mind helping every single person get back to where they were before

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are an outstanding guy. I'm willing to wait as long as needed. This is a heavy burden you have and I'm sure I speak for many we appreciate all you do. I hate being a freeloader so I will make a donation as soon as I can.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Rabid if I am on when you are, or anyone else is on and needs help with anything please ask. I have no problem helping people get back on their feet. I ain't the greatest builder, but I will do my best.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I dont mind rebuilding, the only thing i miss is my island.   The whole island was loaded with diamonds and every other rare block only a few blocks underground.   I had a huge stockpile going

I think i'm going to make a mini solar system as my home
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh Islands can be made again ;)
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#22]
So considering the World Autosaves on a schedule, would forcing a save before any major WE's disrupt the schedule in any way?

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#23]
One of our fans made a video about the server.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

So considering the World Autosaves on a schedule, would forcing a save before any major WE's disrupt the schedule in any way?

View Quote
It does that already most of the time, he even corrupted the backups somehow if you're curious I wouldn't mind showing you.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It does that already most of the time, he even corrupted the backups somehow if you're curious I wouldn't mind showing you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just kind of curious if you can prevent a scheduled save by forcing one. At least now we know to do that before any big WE's.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#26]
So can someone sum up exactly what happened?    Was this an accident or intentional buy some asshole?
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So can someone sum up exactly what happened?    Was this an accident or intentional buy some asshole?
View Quote

An accident by a Mod. He's been demoted.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Why wasn't off site backup being done?

Tens of thousands of hours gone.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Why wasn't off site backup being done?

Tens of thousands of hours gone.
View Quote
They were, about once a month we were making an offsite back up and every day we made an onsite back up.

We let people vote and they said they preferred a brand new map to the month old one.

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 1:51:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Totally getting in on this tomorrow!  My IGN is Midyew59 (same as arf.com name)

I've been playing Minecraft since 2010 and have been looking for a server to play on.  And I'm sure the ARF.com crowd is just lovely to Minecraft it up with
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Totally getting in on this tomorrow!  My IGN is Midyew59 (same as arf.com name)

I've been playing Minecraft since 2010 and have been looking for a server to play on.  And I'm sure the ARF.com crowd is just lovely to Minecraft it up with
View Quote

Remember to mention your from ARF and you will be promoted.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll get back on eventually. I kind of burned myself out on the whole game for a while.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I just logged on after several weeks off and thought it was just me, now I see things got wiped.

-CodenamePariah
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 2:59:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I just logged on after several weeks off and thought it was just me, now I see things got wiped.

-CodenamePariah

View Quote
A moderator who has since been demoted has a WE mistake of epic proportions

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, I am on the road to recovery. I built a new house on a smallish mountain right at the corner of the town fence line. I marked out a wall border for future expansion and my only troubles now are finding diamonds. I need to make an enchant all new weapons, tools and armor. I was hoping someone would have gotten a store up and running selling diamonds but not yet. I also liked folks selling enchanted mine axes. Oh we'll, I'll do what I can til some shops open up.

Oh, and I had someone break into the mine under my house yesterday. I filled in the break and have been watching out but I don't know who it was. I don't think they took anything. Is there a way for me to secure doors like we do chests? I'll be on today but won't be back on till Friday. Gotta pay them bills, lol.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Well, I am on the road to recovery. I built a new house on a smallish mountain right at the corner of the town fence line. I marked out a wall border for future expansion and my only troubles now are finding diamonds. I need to make an enchant all new weapons, tools and armor. I was hoping someone would have gotten a store up and running selling diamonds but not yet. I also liked folks selling enchanted mine axes. Oh we'll, I'll do what I can til some shops open up.

Oh, and I had someone break into the mine under my house yesterday. I filled in the break and have been watching out but I don't know who it was. I don't think they took anything. Is there a way for me to secure doors like we do chests? I'll be on today but won't be back on till Friday. Gotta pay them bills, lol.
View Quote

Yes, You could add an unbreakable door anywhere you would like just add a sign to it with the first line as [private]

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes, You could add an unbreakable door anywhere you would like just add a sign to it with the first line as [private]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also leaving the sign blank automatically makes it private.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I may be minecraft retarded because I pretty much started playing it last week sometime.

But i'll be Damned if I can figure out how to get in on the ar15.valhalla.sx server. Mods also escape me. I'm tech tarded trying to play a tech guy game I guess.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I just finished my CTF arena.  Come give a try.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I may be minecraft retarded because I pretty much started playing it last week sometime.

But i'll be Damned if I can figure out how to get in on the ar15.valhalla.sx server. Mods also escape me. I'm tech tarded trying to play a tech guy game I guess.
View Quote

Remember you have to use Ctrl+V to paste things while in game.

Copy "valhalla.sx" without quotes, and start the game. Go to multiplayer and click Add Server.

Click into the Server Address Box and do Ctrl+V.  Click Done. Double Click on the server and you should connect to it.

People will welcome you. Be sure to mention you are from ARF and you will be promoted to get the full experience of our server. Press T to talk.

Remember there is a Minecraft Wiki to help you out. You can also ask one of us to help out and we'll be glad to give you a mini tutorial.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:20:01 AM EDT
[#41]
And yes the game was developed by a fat Swedish neckbeard so it's obviously going to be tougher to understand compared to Commercially Published games.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
And yes the game was developed by a fat Swedish neckbeard so it's obviously going to be tougher to understand compared to Commercially Published games.
View Quote

thanks for the laugh G_O
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm building a giant sphere.

why I don't know, but if anyone wants to help me with my retarded endeavor you are more than welcome too.  

I'm using this http://www.plotz.co.uk/

its a 40 block size, I'm only on like level 7 or 8

location is  -3367, 65, -2897
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Neeeed diamonds baaaaad! I've been mining forever between level 5 and 15 with no luck. I need to start a new mine me thinks. I'm hitting lots of iron and gold.

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Neeeed diamonds baaaaad! I've been mining forever between level 5 and 15 with no luck. I need to start a new mine me thinks. I'm hitting lots of iron and gold.

View Quote

the island I had on the last map would no joke, produce diamonds every 8 blocks or so and this was only 20 blocks below the surface, it wasn't just diamond, it was gold, redstone, emerald and iron.  It was crazy.  I doubt I'll find a place like that again
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#46]
lol those were seeded mod made islands. They are fun. Rabid if i catch you online i'll set you up with a custom mine area setup.

what are the coords of your house or your mine. I will do it tonight when i get on.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

the island I had on the last map would no joke, produce diamonds every 8 blocks or so and this was only 20 blocks below the surface, it wasn't just diamond, it was gold, redstone, emerald and iron.  It was crazy.  I doubt I'll find a place like that again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You found a World Edit. It isn't natural because the mods put it there to fill up empty spaces where water can flow into and make lag.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#48]
So last night I was just flying around in the middle of the ocean, nearly all the way up in the sky. Out of nowhere a giant fireball flies past my face as if there was a Ghast near me.

There was only a couple donators on and they were nowhere near me. There was nobody near me at all. WTF
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
lol those were seeded mod made islands. They are fun. Rabid if i catch you online i'll set you up with a custom mine area setup.

what are the coords of your house or your mine. I will do it tonight when i get on.
View Quote

Many thanks. I won't be back on till Friday afternoon though. I'm on duty till then.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 4:27:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

So last night I was just flying around in the middle of the ocean, nearly all the way up in the sky. Out of nowhere a giant fireball flies past my face as if there was a Ghast near me.

There was only a couple donators on and they were nowhere near me. There was nobody near me at all. WTF
View Quote

We got ghosts.....

Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top