Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that you can spawn there Svetlo can get quite busy. It's still quite laggy for me there though, wouldn't want to do any serious fighting in the town.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now that you can spawn there Svetlo can get quite busy. It's still quite laggy for me there though, wouldn't want to do any serious fighting in the town.
View Quote
It was a complete warzone today on one of the 24/7 daylight servers that was packed full. Probably the most fun I have had in the game and manged to survive.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I finally got to play with a fellow Arfcommer tonight, ckimma. We met up north of Berezino  I had a small back pack, food, water, and a fire axe. ckimma gave me a magnum,  SKS and ammo for both. We went up to the NE Airfield, found some loot, ckimma glitched through the floor in the camo building and died. His spawn was close, so I swapped my SKS for his M4 to cover his body. His body disappeared with all his M4 magazines and my SKS.

Then the server reset...and I got booted.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I finally got to play with a fellow Arfcommer tonight, ckimma. We met up north of Berezino  I had a small back pack, food, water, and a fire axe. ckimma gave me a magnum,  SKS and ammo for both. We went up to the NE Airfield, found some loot, ckimma glitched through the floor in the camo building and died. His spawn was close, so I swapped my SKS for his M4 to cover his body. His body disappeared with all his M4 magazines and my SKS.

View Quote

Stories like this are why there's such a strong market for H1Z1.  There should be a hardcore zombie survival game that isn't a bug-ridden mess.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stories like this are why there's such a strong market for H1Z1.  There should be a hardcore zombie survival game that isn't a bug-ridden mess.

View Quote

Servers reset periodically and bodies disappear after about 30 minutes. And I doubt H1Z1 is going to be remotely hardcore, unless your idea of hardcore is paying for run-speed and exp-gain boosts.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Servers reset periodically and bodies disappear after about 30 minutes. And I doubt H1Z1 is going to be remotely hardcore, unless your idea of hardcore is paying for run-speed and exp-gain boosts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed Metallurgist.  The tell in that whole article is "free to play".  They recover their development costs somewhere.

E-95
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Supposedly a micro-payment model within the game.

So I'll bet you have to pay for desirable weapons, vehicles, and other upgrades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed Metallurgist.  The tell in that whole article is "free to play".  They recover their development costs somewhere.

E-95

So I'll bet you have to pay for desirable weapons, vehicles, and other upgrades.

The H1Z1 devs are claiming it won't be pay to win. I doubt they will be as blatant as selling better weapons. Cosmetics that don't effect game play are a given. But they have already mention run speed boosts.

The new trend of pay to win pisses me off. I would rather pay a subscription fee if necessary and I prefer outright ownership. But th e reality is that consumers (including myself) will spend more money on a game to acquire content.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The H1Z1 devs are claiming it won't be pay to win. I doubt they will be as blatant as selling better weapons. Cosmetics that don't effect game play are a given. But they have already mention run speed boosts.

The new trend of pay to win pisses me off. I would rather pay a subscription fee if necessary and I prefer outright ownership. But th e reality is that consumers (including myself) will spend more money on a game to acquire content.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

E-95

Planetside 2 is free-to-play and not pay-to-win.  The items you buy are cosmetic.  There are some weapons, but they are balanced DPS-wise with the free ones, they just look cooler.    

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll play any game as long as I can figure out a way to ruin it for someone else.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'll play any game as long as I can figure out a way to ruin it for someone else.
View Quote

Have you tried Eve Online?

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Planetside 2 is free-to-play and not pay-to-win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Planetside 2 is free-to-play and not pay-to-win.

It might be a matter of personal preference, but pay-not-to-grind, or even pay-for-reduced-downtime isn't exactly not pay-to-win.

ETA: http://www.edge-online.com/features/roundtable-six-leading-creatives-chew-over-the-state-of-independent-development/

Roundtable: six leading creatives chew over the state of independent development

With the rise of free-to-play gaming and new revenue models, is the market defining the way you design your games at all?

RI: We made a conscious decision to counter that. I do all the business decisions and the programming, and Jan Willem Nijman does all the design. He doesn’t even know how much money is in our bank account. He is unaware of anything related to business.

MB: My design is totally influenced by business. I don’t do free to play, because free to play is the devil’s business. But one of the key factors with Volume is designing with Let’s Players and streamers in mind. I want to make a game that looks good to watch, as well as to play. That’s a business concern, because that will affect sales.

TB: Because we’ve been doing [Sir, You Are Being Hunted] through Kickstarter and through Early Access, many of our decisions have been based on player feedback. That’s been an interesting design process for us. But because our game’s procedural and there’s only three of us, it can create ten billion scenarios and we can’t check all those little errors in it, or the little emergent stuff. But [the early players] will see stuff that I’ll know is theoretically possible, but I’ll never see it. Someone will post a screenshot and I’ll think, ‘Oh shit, someone can do that.’ It’s really refreshing and it’s let us go further with the procedural stuff than we could have done.

Quoted:

You'll find a way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#14]
The body disappeared in about ten minutes, most likely because the server was resetting. As soon the body disappeared; I took off running, made it to the tree line, and then got the red chain. Since the last update I haven't been able to go prone in barracks to look under the bed, if I go prone and try to crawl into the room, I can't enter the room. Makes me wonder if the two glitches are related.

Got my team speak working also, at least I get connected and see the games and who's playing. I didn't send off as many friend request on steam as I thought I did, so sent requests to those posted steam names.

Anyone planning on playing on Friday evening? Maybe get a Arfcom wolf pack going...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

he said game not a second job.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm reading this thread while pooping in turkey.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

yes, nice playing with someone new, always an adventure. a couple days after this, i was in the same spot (in between bunkbed and window, 2nd floor of jailhouse) in the other jailhouse of NE airfield, and same exact thing happened. was swapping out some gear on top bunk, not moving, and then,suddenly--dead. must be an odd glitch, but i stay away from that exact spot in any jailhouse now.

i think the latest upgrade fixed some bugs, but may have caused some more, as CannonFodder4U suspected.

As annoying as the glitches can be sometimes, ive grow to like them. at least they arent as bad as when the Beta first came out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

yes, nice playing with someone new, always an adventure. a couple days after this, i was in the same spot (in between bunkbed and window, 2nd floor of jailhouse) in the other jailhouse of NE airfield, and same exact thing happened. was swapping out some gear on top bunk, not moving, and then,suddenly--dead. must be an odd glitch, but i stay away from that exact spot in any jailhouse now.

i think the latest upgrade fixed some bugs, but may have caused some more, as CannonFodder4U suspected.

As annoying as the glitches can be sometimes, ive grow to like them. at least they arent as bad as when the Beta first came out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I played the original, just dying for no reason due to a glitch was probably the most maddening and anger inducing thing in any game ever. I have been so tempted to buy and try DayZ standalone this whole time, but posts like this just keep reinforcing my will to hold off until they have stuff like this fixed. If they never get it fixed I'll never buy it. Bohemia, while ambitious, just strike me as amateurs and I wish that weren't so. I just have a hard time classifying a game as playable if I could die for no reason at any time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:42:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been super interested in Day Z, since first reading about it.  I even have a gaming machine now (a first).  Seeing the cluster that Day Z continues to be, and hearing about H1Z1, I think I'm going to wait for it instead.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#21]

+

Best part was 8:43 "steps into invisible ring".
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Either staged or that dude, is just THAT fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#23]
It's Bohemia Interactive sale weekend on Steam (15 year commemoration).

Arma 3 is free for the weekend and Arma 1 is free forever.

The banner says 'up to 80% off selected titles'. So far one of their games is 20% off.

DayZ is still selling hand-over-fist so it probably won't be discounted, but you never know. Arma 3 probably will be.

ETA: Dayz 15% off, Arma 3 40% off.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#24]
So I was with a group playing russian roulette with the gas station. I lost and got stuck in the gas pump.

http://youtu.be/7VWyGGMokH0?t=5m35s

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#25]
DayZ sale leads to influx of hackers.

Hhhrrrrr..

Link Posted: 5/17/2014 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I saw that they sold 2 million copies so far. Which comes out to about 60 million dollars in profits.

You would think with that type of funding the game would develop a little faster.

( zombies still walking through walls 8 months after alpha release)
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Zombies walking through walls is:

a) never going to be fixed with that game engine

b) the least annoying bug in the game

They need to fix the sounds and weapon switching.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Zombies walking through walls is:

a) never going to be fixed with that game engine

b) the least annoying bug in the game

They need to fix the sounds and weapon switching.
View Quote

Agreed, and with the kind of money they've made from sales they should have a new, functioning engine and a ton of content by now.  DayZ may be the greatest example of a great premise + lousy execution since WWIIOnline.

Link Posted: 5/17/2014 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I agree.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 3:48:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Here's hoping H1Z1 delivers...
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Here's hoping H1Z1 delivers...
View Quote

https://www.soe.com/allaccess
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#32]
I tried this game for a few hours last night. I didn't like it much because it feels awkward and buggy but when I finally got to ambush another noob with my hammer and then fight him in a hammer vs pitchfork duel I feel like I got my moneys worth. That dude fucked me up so bad with that pitchfork I had to climb a big tank and step off but I got his ass.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 3:20:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I didn't like it much because it feels awkward and buggy
View Quote

The first company to make a hardcore zombie survival game with a real game engine will make money hand over fist.

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#34]
I played a little more last night. I'm kind of guessing that the key to succeeding is join a server with low pop and loot until you have weapons then go to a higher pop server and fuck up noobs. And also never set food in the bigger towns.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Is this game still shit? Its been on Steam's recommended list for the last six months now and pretty much all steam reviews are negative at this point. Dont feel like downloading it right now.

Anyone know of a good way to get our $30 back? Hah.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Bought the game the other week. Played the hell out of the mod. After the first hour or so I got my guy geared up with tricked out M4, ammo, food, clothes, etc. and now it's just "what do I do from here?" I just pick a direction on my compass and keep going till I hit a big town then repeat. Zombies are no threat and most servers besides the experimental are sparsely populated.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 4:34:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Bought the game the other week. Played the hell out of the mod. After the first hour or so I got my guy geared up with tricked out M4, ammo, food, clothes, etc. and now it's just "what do I do from here?" I just pick a direction on my compass and keep going till I hit a big town then repeat. Zombies are no threat and most servers besides the experimental are sparsely populated.
View Quote

^^try teaming up with some people, and use TeamSpeak if you can. makes it a lot more interesting than just going solo

newest updates to the game:

New
Action: Cancel current action
Action: Chopping Down Trees
Action: Drinking from Ponds animation
Action: Search for Berries
Action: Picking Apples
Action: Dig up for worms
Action: Mine stone with pickaxe
Action: Raw Boar Steak
Action: Wild Boar Pelt
Action: Fishing action
Action: Tear out pages from books
Action: Bladed melee weapons can be sharpen on a stone (only badly damaged blades)
Action: Ashwood stick can be cut into pieces with a hacksaw
Action: Skin a deer with a knife, machete
Item: Road flare
Item: Fireplace Kit
Item: Fishing hook
Item: Composite Arrow
Item: Firewood
Building: New Industrial building
Event: Helicopter crashsites spawn at server start (3 per server)
Weapon: AKM with 30 rnd mag, 75 rnd mag, PSO1 Scope
Weapon: Longhorn (uses 7.62x51mm Ammo)
Weapon: P1 Pistol
Animals: Deer, Boar, Goat, Cow, Fish
Clothing: OREL Unit Uniform (pants + jacket)
Clothing: Police Officer Uniform (pants + jacket + cap)
Clothing: Gorka Uniform (pants + jacket)
Clothing: High capacity vest (12 slots)
Clothing: Glasses with thin frames
Crafting: Improvised courier bag from animal pelt
Loot respawn system
New Crouch walk animations
New Building Footstep Sounds
[edit]Fixed
Melee weapon damage
New "Search For Berries" pop-ups.
Zombie corpses disappear in approx. 60-80 seconds now, instead of instantly.
Zombie corpses no longer blocks players.

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The first company to make a hardcore zombie survival game with a real game engine will make money hand over fist.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I've been saying for a while. Sony seems like the first one to take it seriously. Bohemia are a bunch of rank amateurs. It's unbelievable how poorly they've attempted to capitalize on their success. But they have made a bunch of money so what do they care?
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This is what I've been saying for a while. Sony seems like the first one to take it seriously. Bohemia are a bunch of rank amateurs. It's unbelievable how poorly they've attempted to capitalize on their success. But they have made a bunch of money so what do they care?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was a a one off just for fun throw it out there thing from Rocket. I don't believe Bohemia ever wanted or expected this thing to take off.
As it stands now its unsupported and with Rocket leaving.........It will die.  Its always been Rockets baby.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top