User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only complaint is how slow it is.
View Quote

Yeah, definitely not a speed-demon, that’s for sure.

Not as bad as the Churchill though. With either one, especially the Churchill, I sit there for a second after the game starts,
and try to get an idea of where everybody seems to be going, and act accordingly.

Not so much with the Matilda, but in following along the initial ‘wave’, I have picked up a few ‘kills’ here and there, of OPFOR
who were weakened by the lead crew. Other times I get to the front line just in time to play ‘Custer’s last stand’ since every-
body else was killed.

The Churchill 2-pounder, since it isn’t equipped with the Littlejohn device like the Matilda, seems to be making for a grueling
grind until I can upgrade to a better cannon.

I *SO* need to find my head-set so that I can collaborate with some of the other folks…
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not as bad as the Churchill though. With either one, especially the Churchill, I sit there for a second after the game starts,
and try to get an idea of where everybody seems to be going, and act accordingly.

Not so much with the Matilda, but in following along the initial ‘wave’, I have picked up a few ‘kills’ here and there, of OPFOR
who were weakened by the lead crew. Other times I get to the front line just in time to play ‘Custer’s last stand’ since every-
body else was killed.

The Churchill 2-pounder, since it isn’t equipped with the Littlejohn device like the Matilda, seems to be making for a grueling

I *SO* need to find my head-set so that I can collaborate with some of the other folks…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only complaint is how slow it is.

body else was killed.

You're telling me the Churchill is even slower? I thought they tanks got better the farther you went along.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You're telling me the Churchill is even slower? I thought they tanks got better the farther you went along.
View Quote

Yep, Churchill is slower than the Matilda. Or at least the base-model is. I'm still grinding for
the first 'upgrade', so it's possible that the upgrade will have a higher HP engine. (I sure hope so!)

Finished up the grind last night and now have the StuGIII - will probably ditch the Hetzer now,
and use the coin to upgrade the StuG.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The StuG was a fun tank, I had more success with the higher penetration guns than the higher damage gun (10.5mm?)
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Started working on some of the German tanks. OMG the Panzer II has no range. lol
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Better start killing.

I'll do my part.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The StuG was a fun tank, I had more success with the higher penetration guns than the higher damage gun (10.5mm?)
View Quote

Just have the F-model, so it's the length 48 - not sure how it'll do. If it mimics the same
gun that's on the Hetzer, it's decent, but it's not a death-ray either. I do want to work
up to the length 70, which is a bit un-historical (never mounted on an actual StuG, but
hey, it's a game) but should be vastly better, performance wise. (Same gun that the
Panther was equipped with.)

Never had much success w/ the 105mm mounted on the Hetzer. Maybe I was just
having a bad couple of games, but I sure didn't seem to be doing any appreciable
damage, versus the suck-ass load-time, and rate I was getting killed because of it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The 105 sucks on both the Hetzer and the StuG, I had more kills with the smaller/higher penetration guns vs the larger caliber especially when you go up against the higher tier tanks.

I just unlocked the 12.8 on my Jagdpanther II and 120mm on the T28, now those are some fun cannons
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#9]
If anybody wants to play I been on all day, Sean22477, played with brewer a couple of times and I sucked pretty good, I think I have gotten a little better since then, sent out friend requests to a few people in this thread but only heard back from brewer and tanker.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 12:54:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I just started playing in the last 2 days and i'm lost as to what to do. So i just keep playing matches in various tanks getting XP and try to get better.

Call sign Dirtdivision if any of you experienced guys wanna hit me up and give me some tips.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just started playing in the last 2 days and i'm lost as to what to do. So i just keep playing matches in various tanks getting XP and try to get better.

Call sign Dirtdivision if any of you experienced guys wanna hit me up and give me some tips.
View Quote

Okay – let’s see…. Cliff Notes, of course….

As you’ve seen, there are several types of vehicles, each with it’s own strengths and weaknesses (there may be exceptions to the rule, but this is a good thumb-nail):

Light tanks – generally fast, but pretty thin armor, and generally armed with light-weight cannons (37-47mm) or auto-cannons (20-30mm). Good for finding the bad-guys, killing other scouts, and
hunting artillery. Keep moving or use terrain to hide, as the above-stated armor means that anything bigger than you will squash you if you sit still long enough in the open.

Mediums – better armor, bigger cannon, generally able to take (and give) more damage than the lights – good for taking territory and overall usage.

Heavy – thicker armor, big cannon, generally can stand up and brawl. With the bigger cannon & armor, you lose speed. Some of them are pretty slow – the British Churchill series comes to mind.

Tank destroyers – reach out & touch someone (generally) from a distance. Some of them definitely need to do so as they don’t have armor to stop a pissed-off hamster. (German Marder series
come to mind.) For it’s tier, the U.S. T18 is evil – thick armor (especially for it’s Tier) and a gun that will make you dead quick. The funny part is, the next tier TD has armor that can’t stop the above-
named hamster. The British T-series have ridiculously-thick armor, guns that will make you hate life, but they’re slow & bulky.

Artillery – generally – big gun, not so great armor, hang back and hit the targets that the above scouts are spotting. Arty generally won’t last very long up front as their armor isn’t jack, so I’m at a
loss to see the guys who dash out front with their SPGs like they’re scouts. The SPGs are the ones who can deal serious damage to the biggies (like the British T-series TDs) that your tank
cannon might be just pinging off of…

When I get home, I can post a link to a webpage that’ll show vulnerabilities of each of the tanks. Where to shoot, where not to bother, etc.

One of the first things I buy for any vehicle, after a first aid kit, repair kit and fire extinguisher is a camo net. *DO IT!* While I have disagreements with how WG handles it’s camo algorithm, the net
is vital for helping your tank or TD to hide (and survive).

Remember that the upgraded equipment (gun rammers, upgraded suspension, etc.) can definitely help out as you earn the coin to pay for them, but if you decide to sell the tank later, you’ll need to
spend $$ (for gold) to dismount it, or you’ll lose your investment.

Get a headset so that you can work with the other guys on your team – they can give you tips, and help you survive. (I have a headset, but I’m not sure where the girl’s stashed it…)

Any questions, post them up we’ll go from there…
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

As you’ve seen, there are several types of vehicles, each with it’s own strengths and weaknesses (there may be exceptions to the rule, but this is a good thumb-nail):

Light tanks – generally fast, but pretty thin armor, and generally armed with light-weight cannons (37-47mm) or auto-cannons (20-30mm). Good for finding the bad-guys, killing other scouts, and
hunting artillery. Keep moving or use terrain to hide, as the above-stated armor means that anything bigger than you will squash you if you sit still long enough in the open.

Mediums – better armor, bigger cannon, generally able to take (and give) more damage than the lights – good for taking territory and overall usage.

Heavy – thicker armor, big cannon, generally can stand up and brawl. With the bigger cannon & armor, you lose speed. Some of them are pretty slow – the British Churchill series comes to mind.

Tank destroyers – reach out & touch someone (generally) from a distance. Some of them definitely need to do so as they don’t have armor to stop a pissed-off hamster. (German Marder series
come to mind.) For it’s tier, the U.S. T18 is evil – thick armor (especially for it’s Tier) and a gun that will make you dead quick. The funny part is, the next tier TD has armor that can’t stop the above-
named hamster. The British T-series have ridiculously-thick armor, guns that will make you hate life, but they’re slow & bulky.

Artillery – generally – big gun, not so great armor, hang back and hit the targets that the above scouts are spotting. Arty generally won’t last very long up front as their armor isn’t jack, so I’m at a
loss to see the guys who dash out front with their SPGs like they’re scouts. The SPGs are the ones who can deal serious damage to the biggies (like the British T-series TDs) that your tank

When I get home, I can post a link to a webpage that’ll show vulnerabilities of each of the tanks. Where to shoot, where not to bother, etc.

One of the first things I buy for any vehicle, after a first aid kit, repair kit and fire extinguisher is a camo net. *DO IT!* While I have disagreements with how WG handles it’s camo algorithm, the net

Remember that the upgraded equipment (gun rammers, upgraded suspension, etc.) can definitely help out as you earn the coin to pay for them, but if you decide to sell the tank later, you’ll need to

Get a headset so that you can work with the other guys on your team – they can give you tips, and help you survive. (I have a headset, but I’m not sure where the girl’s stashed it…)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have ear buds with a mic but dont know how to use the voice talk. Could you please explain that ?    I got a set of camo and it works alright. I have a m2 that ive had the most success with. Peppy and the autogun deals a fair amount of damage. I bought the cruiser 3 and man does it suuuuck. Oh well live and learn i guess. I think i would like to join a clan but am unsure how. I read that there are 3 arf clans but the link to the one clan was dead.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone else have an issue with being in battles with way higher tiered tanks? I have a full upgraded Czech panzer 38 tier 4, and I constantly get put in matches with tier 6 or maybe 7 heavy tanks. What bs, no way I can attempt to level it up.

I also wish the game had more modes like capturing multiple objectives and respawning, more objectives would spread out the players to fight in different t areas and respawning would help teamwork. What I mean is I like to use the mic and if you blow up basically you can't do anything but leave a good group, same thing on a new battle you lose all the teams everytime.

Game is still hell of a fun free game. I would gladly pay money ($20 or $30 maybe more) to get those types of features.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone else have an issue with being in battles with way higher tiered tanks? I have a full upgraded Czech panzer 38 tier 4, and I constantly get put in matches with tier 6 or maybe 7 heavy tanks. What bs, no way I can attempt to level it up.
View Quote

Yeah, you're liable to get matched up (and down) at leatst 2, if not 3 (I can't remember right offhand) Tiers, compared to the level of the tank you're fielding.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I try to work with tanks that are of the higher tier when I get in those matches, help spot for them so they can stay hidden or in cover.
Just accept the fact that you will not last long and go help out your team, or you can search out for the lower tier tanks like you and start hitting them.
For reference last night I was in a Tier 10 Match with my Jadgpather II, I kept spotting a Jadgpanzer E100 for the other tanks on my team to hit and kept hitting him myself for some damage until he One Shot me.
I knew I wasn't going to last very long but I did deal some damage and finally someone else on my team destroyed him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#16]
IN G0D WE TRUST.....xbox

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Update 1.1 is supposed to be on the servers now, available for download/updating.

It’s supposed to be have the British medium tank line, a new map (Himmelsdorf, ISTR), plus activating the ‘crew’ features of training, etc.
It also said something about returning the Westfield map to normal map rotations, but I was playing it all yesterday, so I don’t know if that
was rolled out early, or if only certain Tiers were getting it…

Finished the grind on my Churchill Mk. I, to get my Mk. VII, but held off on buying it last night so that I could use the crew transfer feature.
(After I figure it out.)

Holy Tier overmatch – here’s one for the books: Westfield map last night, I had my Churchill I, and was mid-range, so I think there were
some Tier VII also. Anyway, a Cunningham goes zipping past me as I was going up-hill. Not sure where he thought he was going,
as he sure didn’t live long – though cruising out onto the open plateau next to the town isn’t going to do your longevity any good,
especially in a Tier I light….
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:25:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I used to play, but I get too sucked into games like that so I uninstalled and never looked back. I guess my pretty large account of about 40 tanks or so with full equipment is still just sitting there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#20]
So I just downloaded WoT last night. Total noob at this point. Is there something I'm missing as far as joining battles? Seems like I pick a room, then sit for half an hour or more. The vast majority of the time, I get dumped from the team. Is that just the way it is? I'm 100% stumped, and I'm sort of disappointed at it all. If anyone from here wants to send me an invitation, my name on there is Gunnut375. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

So I just downloaded WoT last night. Total noob at this point. Is there something I'm missing as far as joining battles? Seems like I pick a room, then sit for half an hour or more. The vast majority of the time, I get dumped from the team. Is that just the way it is? I'm 100% stumped, and I'm sort of disappointed at it all. If anyone from here wants to send me an invitation, my name on there is Gunnut375. Thanks.
View Quote
Lol sounds you keep joining team battles which is totally different from random. Do random.learn. there is also a 670 pg thread for the PC in GD. Might want to look there for learning. Just don't say you're playing the 360 version or you will be ignored lol.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lol sounds you keep joining team battles which is totally different from random. Do random.learn. there is also a 670 pg thread for the PC in GD. Might want to look there for learning. Just don't say you're playing the 360 version or you will be ignored lol.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on the PC. I'll check that thread out, thanks. I figured there was something ridiculously-simple I wasn't doing right.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm on the PC. I'll check that thread out, thanks. I figured there was something ridiculously-simple I wasn't doing right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great! Get on over there. And welcome to the madhouse

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the heads-up. Now, if only I didn't die so often....
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Most likely he was platooned with higher tier tanks AKA Fail Platoon.

Now when I'm in the Chaffee and there's nothing but tier IX and X tanks out on the field and no artillery to spot for.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy Tier overmatch – here’s one for the books: Westfield map last night, I had my Churchill I, and was mid-range, so I think there were
some Tier VII also. Anyway, a Cunningham goes zipping past me as I was going up-hill. Not sure where he thought he was going,
as he sure didn’t live long – though cruising out onto the open plateau next to the town isn’t going to do your longevity any good,
especially in a Tier I light….

Most likely he was platooned with higher tier tanks AKA Fail Platoon.

Now when I'm in the Chaffee and there's nothing but tier IX and X tanks out on the field and no artillery to spot for.  

You can still spot for those of us in Heavy's or TD's, just do not get too far ahead that we cannot see who you are spotting
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I can see this game becoming an addiction for sure. I definitely need to invest in a mouse, though. This little touchpad bullshit on this laptop ain't cutting it! What a MF'r it is trying to aim with it. FML.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I can see this game becoming an addiction for sure. I definitely need to invest in a mouse, though. This little touchpad bullshit on this laptop ain't cutting it! What a MF'r it is trying to aim with it. FML.
View Quote
I use a 5 button mouse. The scroll wheel is remapped as 6 key. Acts almost like an auto extinguisher. The back button on the mouse is the rerouted shift so I can go to sniper mode instantly and I t up targets with my space bar. Just a few tips for you

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:08:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Beware the Jagdpanther 10.5cm PaK 45 L/52

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/Games/20140422_163021_zpsd1672166.jpg

Shooting T29s right in their big fat turrets is fun.

View Quote

Just wait until you unlock the last gun with the Jagdpanther II...4 spots 7044dmg with 12 kills
If I was smart enough I would transfer the pic from my iPhone and post it up :D
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I started playing this on the points for maps weekend.  I'm om Xbox 360.  I've been playing regularly since.  Is there a list of gamer tags around? I'm End Boss actual.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I finally got a mouse, and what a help that was! Having a ton of fun with it all, but I'm still terrible, and still in the tiny low-tier tanks. Gets a bit emasculating to hear "it didn't penetrate!" constantly.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Up to the Panzer IV now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I hope I'm not alone in saying that the VK30.01P has to be the biggest piece of shit in the game. Only went with it to get to the Tiger I, but I'm second-guessing that decision already..... what a turd.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:15:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I hope I'm not alone in saying that the VK30.01P has to be the biggest piece of shit in the game. Only went with it to get to the Tiger I, but I'm second-guessing that decision already..... what a turd.
View Quote

Hear lots of complaints about the 30.01....but if you want to get both the Panther line and the Tiger line without going all the way down both, that's what you gotta do. Me, I went by way of the VK36.01H....once you unlock the Konisch and/or the 88 it's game on, it's one of the best Tier VI Tanks. The Panther line is low on my priority list so I'll get to it whenever.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hear lots of complaints about the 30.01....but if you want to get both the Panther line and the Tiger line without going all the way down both, that's what you gotta do. Me, I went by way of the VK36.01H....once you unlock the Konisch and/or the 88 it's game on, it's one of the best Tier VI Tanks. The Panther line is low on my priority list so I'll get to it whenever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, I didn't even consider the Panther. Maybe there is hope after all! Honestly, I don't really mind the 30.01, it just seems to take three times as long to get it upgraded fully as everything else so far. Oh well, I guess I can at least look forward to the 88 or the 105.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 3:44:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 3:54:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Here is a link to my stats as of late
http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/community/accounts/69187-Ryan%20GC8/
Currently grinding through the Caernarvon, E-50, and the E-75
My money makers are the Jagdpanther II, Jagdtiger, and the Caernarvon
Those fund my FV215b (183), which I will admit is fun when you one shot Tier 9s and 10s

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 2:13:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 12:36:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Anybody running a Russian T-28? Was on last night, and I don’t know what WG is smoking, but I know damn well that T-28’s weren’t as fast as the ones I
watched running around the Lakeville map. It wasn’t lag either. I sense a nerf in their near future… or the server was just on crack last night. Not sure
which...

Also, must be new drivers, not being familiar with the map or lag on their, but I watched three different guys take their heavies (one KV-1S, one T-28) and
another guy with an Electo, take them for swims off the mountain road on Lakeville. Three different games, but thought it was funny – I was firing on them,
and I guess they went to maneuver, and right off the edge.

I was single-digit points away from killing the KV too… I got cheated!
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:03:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:17:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#47]
My handle is delta69alpha. Mostly play on weekends or after 6 weekdays.
I mostly run a m4e8 or the Churchill I just got.
Was working towards the Vk 30-36 but gave up on my German tanks for a bit. I will say the 36 seems to get me every damn time. But then again I'm not the best.
Lag due to crappy connection is what fucks me....that and the "ghost " tanks that show up outta no where.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:09:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
1.3 released today.  There's another update later this month.

Players receive 250 Gold upon the completion of Training (divided evenly among the objectives for a total of 250
Players that have previously completed the training mission will automatically receive the gold on first login

Check your tanks there's a long list that had changes and may have been reset to the standard package and premium ammo set to gold instead of silver.

Patch Notes
View Quote

How long's the download take? (Just curious - won't be home for a while, so it'll be waiting...)

Sweet on the gold! Didn't have any for the longest time, since I wasn't going to spring real $ for it, but
was given a gift card, so I have some now at least. A bit more won't hurt.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The gun is beastly with premium rounds, but so is the silver bill.  BOOM!
View Quote

Holy crap!!

And I feel bad when I go a few K in the hole with my Church VII...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top