Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/4/2013 7:23:16 PM EDT
Anybody get down on world of tanks!? Its bad ass!! Its a beta but its a full game beta. Wondering if any of you fellas play? My xbox360 gamertag is "feekin brewer" if anybody plays it. Its free if you go to the sight and request a beta testing code. Then you can d/l it for free and start blowing shit up. Haha. Would be awesome to get a group of you dudes blasting away in multiplayer.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The Beta is still open? I have a friend I wanted to invite but thought it was too late. I'm Tiberius67 on Live if anyone wants to look me up.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
you might want to check out this thread

ARFCOM WoT Central
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ARFCOM WoT Central
View Quote

Yeah, I made a comment in that thread asking some questions, made the comment
that I was playing the beta for XBox, and was ignored except for one person who
basically told me to go away, that console & PC play were nothing alike. Yay, team!

Downloaded the new updates last night w/ British tanks - their FB page made a big
deal about Malinovka (sp?) being a new map with this update - not sure what's up
with that since that maps been there since I started playing abt a month ago.

Tanker06 in the game
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

basically told me to go away, that console & PC play were nothing alike. Yay, team!

Downloaded the new updates last night w/ British tanks - their FB page made a big
deal about Malinovka (sp?) being a new map with this update - not sure what's up

Tanker06 in the game
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARFCOM WoT Central

Tanker06 in the game

What do you think of the British Tanks? I've been messing around with the Bren Carrier....decent little vehicle even though it cannot take a hit. Only played Malikovna once with the new Tanks, though. We did pretty good even though we were on the side opposite the barracks buildings....usually get hammered lickety-split on that side.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What do you think of the British Tanks? I've been messing around with the Bren Carrier....decent little vehicle even though it cannot take a hit. Only played Malikovna once with the new Tanks, though. We did pretty good even though we were on the side opposite the barracks buildings....usually get hammered lickety-split on that side.
View Quote

Haven’t had time to fiddle with them yet. I noticed that I had a Medium Mk.1 in the garage (a freeby for the update pack, I guess),
but didn’t use it. (I usually want to read the game notes/opinions on the various tanks before I ‘take it for a spin’ so that I have
an idea of what to expect.)

Pretty much mirroring what I remember from historical accts, it has a good gun, but not enough armor to stop a pissed-off hamster,
so I’ll probably use it to sit back, hide behind some buildings, and plink my way to some XP points, so I can work my way up. The
Matilda looks like a beast – want to give it a spin.

Ran my 38t for a few games to ramp up some points for an upgrade, then had to log off when Kitchen06 came home.

Going to give them a work-out tonight… we’ll see.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh...they opened up the Beta again this weekend. If you're interested in WoT and haven't joined the beta yet now is the time....
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh...they opened up the Beta again this weekend. If you're interested in WoT and haven't joined the beta yet now is the time....
View Quote

Is it already closed? I tried searching for it on the xbox and I'm only able to download the trailer.
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is it already closed? I tried searching for it on the xbox and I'm only able to download the trailer.
View Quote

Must have closed again – I remember seeing the post on FB saying that they’d opened it up for everybody over the weekend…

Interesting weekend – obviously there are some folks who must live on-line, as I was seeing some really high-level tier British
gear running around. (Brits just came out, so do the math…)

They must have declared (or the servers glitched, and did it for them) a free-for-all on SAT night. I was running around in my
little Tier 3 T15 light – pulled up the a ridgeline, peaked over, and it’s contacts galore. One was pretty close, broadside to me, so
I opened up. Ping, ping, ping… shit, why isn’t it doing anything. (Because of the cover, I couldn’t see a tag, and the damage scale
wasn’t moving.) After bouncing probably six or seven rounds off the side of the turret, it moved up to where I could get a look.
Oh, yeah, no problem – no wonder my 37mm wasn’t scratching your paint - Tiger II!

I did my best Monty-Python imitation and ran in the other direction.

Circled around, came up in a draw further down the ridge, poked my nose out to have a peek, and was one-shotted by a T29 from
abt halfway across the map that I never saw. Whoops!
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I play the plane one once in a while fun but sucks that noone really uses headsets for coms its like a bunch of rookie fucks that do not coordinate anything as they cannot communicate. I may try tanks if people on there use coms
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I may try tanks if people on there use coms
View Quote

Some do, some don't. It's a mixed bag - I jumped on the other night, and was the only
one who had their headset on.

The only other mike turned on must have been laying on somebody's console, not worn,
while they played, as I got the blow-by-blow narrative over their kids fighting over who
got the last Oreo from the cookie jar!
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Some do, some don't. It's a mixed bag - I jumped on the other night, and was the only

The only other mike turned on must have been laying on somebody's console, not worn,
while they played, as I got the blow-by-blow narrative over their kids fighting over who
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I may try tanks if people on there use coms

Wtih the warplanes you at least need a wing man to keep the others from shooting you up in the ass I mean I see guys super high ranked getting rapped by nobodies low rankers as I am. If people worked together and teamed up it could be good. I also wish you had thhe option of being an anti aircraft ground hard target gunnerinstead of just flying fighters. it is free so it is good for that reason.
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#12]
They're going to open it up again in about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 weeks. They said so in worldoftanks xbox forum.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#13]
For anybody on the beta, this weekend, non-premium medium tanks are half-off, I think.
(There was a post in their FB page that I skimmed last night before hitting the bed.)
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Pro Tip op: if you play console games, try to stay from the PC guys... they are elitists.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Since the folks in the GD thread seem to be getting called out as it were, I felt I should go ahead and respond.

Tanker06, I believe I remember your post. I also am pretty sure that another member here very graciously took time to reply to you so you wouldn't feel ignored. He, if I'm remembering this correctly, said he was sorry he didn't know the answer to your questions concerning the xbox version of the game and didn't want to give you bad advice, but wanted you to know you were not being ignored.

Bearman, I fail to see how a group of players that actively take part in the game makes them "elitist"? We are more than happy to play with anybody that is active, it's hard to play with folks that haven't been in the game in months though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#16]
You might add that this is for Xbox in your thread title, might get better responses and keep us elitist PC gamers out of here
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Since the folks in the GD thread seem to be getting called out as it were, I felt I should go ahead and respond.

Tanker06, I believe I remember your post. I also am pretty sure that another member here very graciously took time to reply to you so you wouldn't feel ignored. He, if I'm remembering this correctly, said he was sorry he didn't know the answer to your questions concerning the xbox version of the game and didn't want to give you bad advice, but wanted you to know you were not being ignored.

Bearman, I fail to see how a group of players that actively take part in the game makes them "elitist"? We are more than happy to play with anybody that is active, it's hard to play with folks that haven't been in the game in months though.
View Quote

I'm talking about PC guys in general, not as a stab at the ARF WOT guys. But you cannnot deny that a large portion of PC guys are elitists.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm talking about PC guys in general, not as a stab at the ARF WOT guys. But you cannnot deny that a large portion of PC guys are elitists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/30/2013 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/thecanuck11/forum%20pics/glorious_pc_gaming_master_race_zps5dcb802d.png

I was thinking about that meme this entire time lol
Dirty console gamers
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been on since the Beta first opened up

Gamertag is Ryan GC8

I usually play for an hour or two just about everynight after the kids go to bed

Working on upgrading my M48 Patton currently
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are the far superior race.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, I am just trying to be nice to the unfortinate console guys.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

tn - no, it wasn't a 'call out thread'. If I'm going to do that, I'd do it, not beat around the bush.

Yes, one person (not going to skim back through the thread to get the SN) did respond with the above. The snarky e-mail that I
received from an un-named lister, (who shall remain so) that basically said that if I wanted to play the game right, I needed to
play the PC version - if not, then keep playing the low-grade console version and don't beatch abt it.

I'm not one to accuse anybody of elitism, but it's folks like that who fuel the us-vs-them shenanigans. If my antiquated PC could
handle it, I'd have been playing the PC version since day one, but...
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Looking to join the AR15 clan team on WoT. Have Tier 5+ which are mostly premium but working on grinding out lower level tiers to get to higher tanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Just started playing last night. Fun as hell. Sucks being so low-ranked and getting my ass handed to me so much though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.        

Link Posted: 2/17/2014 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just started playing last night. Fun as hell. Sucks being so low-ranked and getting my ass handed to me so much though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
View Quote

What Tanks are you running? If you like the US Tanks I'd grind the T1 until you can upgrade, then get the T18....upgrade it to Elite and use the 75mm howitzer then buy a camo net. You'll make some decent silver and XP in Tier 2 matches while you decide what you want to do. For Tier 1 I'm rather fond of the LolTraktor....I stuck a camo net, binoculars and vents on it and spin her up when I'm in the mood for Tier 1 matches.    
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Tiberius has the right idea for starting out…

Ramp up to the T18 as soon as you can – the T1 doesn’t have the armor to stop a rabid hamster, and it’s 37mm
has trouble hitting a barn-door from the inside, especially if you’re trying to rapid fire. It’s a pattern-weapon,
versus a point-firing weapon. (No joke – on the Province map, I was shooting at a LolTraktor  in rapid fire –
first shot got a critical, second shot on rapid went way wide and took out another T1 that was coming down
the slope behind the LolTraktor.)

The two weapons choices are a toss-up – the howitzer lobs shells in, and you have to get used to timing the
arc with your target if they’re moving. But HEAT rounds do decent damage. The 57mm is flatter shooting, and
reloads faster. Guard your glacis, and keep your frontal armor to the bad guys, and you’ll be a lot harder to
take out. Something like 50mm of armor on the upper plate, versus 10mm on the T1 (I think that’s right.)

Buy a camo net, regardless of which vehicle you get – the longer you stay hidden, the longer you live. (It’s only
later, as your tank becomes a small, crawling barn that buying a net becomes a questionable purchase.) Even
if you’re just spotting targets and they’re out of range (a problem with the T1), you still get points.

(Not that the concealability formula they’re using doesn’t need tweaking – game the other evening, I’m looking
down on an open field, with a T2 (big-assed British TD) coming across the field firing. I’m just above his line of
fire, but I guess he decided that he was still going to make noise. He up and vanished!  Reappeared a few
seconds later, halfway up the slope and one-shotted my Matilda. Yeah, my bad for sitting still, but c’mon… )

Vents will only come into play once they get the crew-skills factor up and running (for the XBox version), so
for right now, I’m saving my coin for other things.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Looking to join the AR15 clan team on WoT. Have Tier 5+ which are mostly premium but working on grinding out lower level tiers to get to higher tanks.
View Quote

Go to the link above. It's THE WOT thread that's over 600 pages and it better suits you since you're playing the PC version.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Just got wot for my 360.  May I join
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just got wot for my 360.  May I join
View Quote

Come on board - somebody new to shoot at, and get shot by!
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#31]
lol, my pleasure, what is the clan name
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
lol, my pleasure, what is the clan name
View Quote

Good question...is there a ARFCOM clan for us dirty console peasants?
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Hon the 360 version hpw is experience.from 1 tank given to another
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hon the 360 version hpw is experience.from 1 tank given to another
View Quote

Some (5% I believe) of the XP your tanks earn is free XP that can be spent anywhere. You can also convert Tank XP from Premium Tanks (and tanks you have made Elite by fully researching them) to Free XP by spending gold at a rate of 25XP per 1 Gold.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm up to tier VIII, with a Tiger II (fully upgraded) and a JPanther II (fully upgraded). I have a ton of premium tier V's and several VI and VII's as well. my gamertag is You die now.

It used to suck being thrown in with tier X tanks, but now that I have the 128mm upgrade for the JPanther II I can hold my own pretty well against X's.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Classic! Watched some guy - don't know if he just decided to suicide in a classic fashion, or
forgot that the cliff edge on the one side was so steep - on the "Cliffs" map, dude came fullbore
off the top in an M5 Stuart, and did a 'Dukes of Hazzard' - caught some serious air!

Big fireball, and hear this, 'Oh shit!' over the headset.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Got the T-29 unlocked and upgraded, and about 2/3rds of the steep climb to the T-32. I'm grinding the British AT series now, nearly to the AT-8. I hate fighting them so much I decided to get one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#38]
I play regularly. Tier 5 and 6 right now. Gamertag: Crow and Coyote
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 2:22:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Got the T-29 unlocked and upgraded, and about 2/3rds of the steep climb to the T-32. I'm grinding the British AT series now, nearly to the AT-8. I hate fighting them so much I decided to get one.
View Quote
AT8's are an easy kill. Commanders hatch.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup...I can kill them, but it's a royal pain in the ass for me unless I'm rolling in my T-29. I like my AT-2 even though it's slow as hell. They may well take me out but I'll inflict some pain with the derp gun before I go.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Working up the Tank Destroyer line, right now I have all the Tier 8 TD's
AT15, T28, and Jagdpanther II
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm new to live , got the free month of gold, got about 2 weeks left, I downloaded wot but it's been updating for about  2 hours, is this normal?

Gamer tag Sean22477
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I sent friend request to Tanker06, feekin brewer and crow and coyote, still waiting for the updates to finish........
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I sent friend request to Tanker06, feekin brewer and crow and coyote, still waiting for the updates to finish........
View Quote

Will try and log-on when I get home.

Didn't get to last night - had a house full of giggly teens last night, and
was having too much fun getting 'clued in' to the latest neighborhood
intel

Too funny sitting there playing with my laptop, and trying to keep a
straight-face so they wouldn't know I could hear every word.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh my this game is frustrating, but enjoyable. I don't get how I get spotted so easily while I can hardly spot anybody.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Oh my this game is frustrating, but enjoyable. I don't get how I get spotted so easily while I can hardly spot anybody.
View Quote

The first thing I buy for my new tanks, after a first-aid kit, tool-kit & fire extinguisher is a camo net.

It will help - though I do have some disagreements w/ however it is that WG codes in camo for various vehicles, it will help,
all the more-so for the smaller tanks like you start out with.

Also, remember to play as if you would in real life. Peak around a hill (hull down), especially if you do do so in tree cover,
instead of just charging over the ridgeline. Bushes will help you - downed trees will help hide you also, as will parking
alongside buildings or rock formations, especially after you get your toy a net.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Got my first confirmed kill today, scared the spouse when I said yeeeeeeehawwwwww, I suck at this game, I did a little better with the arty tank, I'm still learning the ins and outs, I'm off the next 3 days after tonight, I plan to play exclusively .
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Got my first confirmed kill today, scared the spouse when I said yeeeeeeehawwwwww, I suck at this game, I did a little better with the arty tank, I'm still learning the ins and outs, I'm off the next 3 days after tonight, I plan to play exclusively .
View Quote

I haven't had much luck with the arty tank. Right now I'm switching between the M5 Stuart and Matilda.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I haven't had much luck with the arty tank. Right now I'm switching between the M5 Stuart and Matilda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven’t had much luck with the arty. Used the Tier II German arty for a while when the game was still in Beta, but haven’t gotten back into it now that the game’s gone live.

Love the Matilda – it’s one I’ll probably keep just for banking coin. Did all the research, so it’s ‘Elite’ status, and with the 2lb QF, it can sling rounds downrange that can do
appreciable damage  to just about anything it’ll be matched against. Add a camo net and the shell rammer to increase load-speed, and it’s fun. Still vulnerable to arty since
it’s not the fastest beasty on the field…. I considered grinding out the silver to buy a spall liner for it, but that’s low on the list of things to buy right now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Haven’t had much luck with the arty. Used the Tier II German arty for a while when the game was still in Beta, but haven’t gotten back into it now that the game’s gone live.

Love the Matilda – it’s one I’ll probably keep just for banking coin. Did all the research, so it’s ‘Elite’ status, and with the 2lb QF, it can sling rounds downrange that can do
appreciable damage  to just about anything it’ll be matched against. Add a camo net and the shell rammer to increase load-speed, and it’s fun. Still vulnerable to arty since
it’s not the fastest beasty on the field…. I considered grinding out the silver to buy a spall liner for it, but that’s low on the list of things to buy right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also have everything researched on it at the moment. I added the equipment from your recommendation and it's been treating me pretty well. Only complaint is how slow it is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top