Edit: Wrong thread.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Amazon has them in stock FYI
View Quote

I got the notification yesterday.
Out of stock now, but luckily I have mine. I lost my patience and bought one locally. Tax was about $38.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay, so I thought I'd make a list here and see how close I am.

Xbox One Can:
Play Blu-ray Disc movies and DVDs
Stream from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and a number of other sites
Stream music from
Pull photos (and maybe video) from a microsoft Skydrive Account
Skype using the Kinect
Browse the internet using Internet Explorer
Play Games

Xbox one cannot:
Play 3D Blu-rays
Accept MP3 files or MP4 movies from your own sources
View pictures from a USB flash drive

Questions:
Could you in theory use Picasa, Pandora, and a lot of other stuff through internet explorer?
Which version of Windows 8 is this allegedly using? PC version, mobile version, or something else?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:17:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Okay, so I thought I'd make a list here and see how close I am.

Xbox One Can:
Play Blu-ray Disc movies and DVDs
Stream from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and a number of other sites
Stream music from
Pull photos (and maybe video) from a microsoft Skydrive Account
Skype using the Kinect
Browse the internet using Internet Explorer
Play Games

Xbox one cannot:
Play 3D Blu-rays
View pictures from a USB flash drive

Questions:
Could you in theory use Picasa, Pandora, and a lot of other stuff through internet explorer?
Which version of Windows 8 is this allegedly using? PC version, mobile version, or something else?
View Quote

I believe you should be able to use internet services thru internet explorer (i.e. pandora). I can verify this for you this afternoon though. It is running its own flavor OS.

Your list fairly accurate at the moment. You currently can stream both music and video from a windows pc via the "play to" feature built into windows OS.  Although Microsoft has promised to add some of the media functionality with an xbox update, MP3/MP4 from external source etc.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I tried Picasa through IE last night and it worked pretty well. I think the "play to" feature only works if you have Windows 8.1, right?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I tried Picasa through IE last night and it worked pretty well. I think the "play to" feature only works if you have Windows 8.1, right?
View Quote

No idea... I don't have a windows pc.  Just info I have found in my research, while trying to get my xbox one to stream from my mac, like my 360 does wonderfully..
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
So...I'm giving serious thought to picking up an X1. Bear with me here---can anyone give me a solid reason or set of reasons to buy this console? I have a 360, PS3, and PS4 that I'm currently playing. RYSE looks like a fun game. Dead Rising looks ok too---I don't know much about it but I hope the timer was removed. I'm currently playing COD Ghosts on the 360 and PS4 and have no interest in BF4.

What appeals to me so far: Skype, multitasking (I know this is not without issue but I expect improvements), some games.

What doesn't appeal to me: inability to change internal hard drive, less powerful than PS4, worse graphics than PS4 (although how much this is noticeable is up for debate), Kinect.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So...I'm giving serious thought to picking up an X1. Bear with me here---can anyone give me a solid reason or set of reasons to buy this console? I have a 360, PS3, and PS4 that I'm currently playing. RYSE looks like a fun game. Dead Rising looks ok too---I don't know much about it but I hope the timer was removed. I'm currently playing COD Ghosts on the 360 and PS4 and have no interest in BF4.

What appeals to me so far: Skype, multitasking (I know this is not without issue but I expect improvements), some games.

What doesn't appeal to me: inability to change internal hard drive, less powerful than PS4, worse graphics than PS4 (although how much this is noticeable is up for debate), Kinect.
View Quote

I would be surprised if there was an X1 pricedrop (~$50) in the latter part of 2014, if that matters to you.  May just want to sit on the sidelines till E3/later part of 2014 before buying anything.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#13]
The multitasking and skype work really well. Some of my friends made fun of me for praising these features, but for someone like me who has ADD, being able to swtich quickly to just about anything is very handy. I can be playing call of duty and decide I want to check the football game, or whatever.

I kept telling myself I could take it back if I wanted to. That is becoming less likely every day.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I also had both a 360 & PS3.  Just about all of my friends & family members had 360s so pretty much anything that I played multiplayer was on 360.  I also expect most of them to transition to the One in time.  The only game I've ever played multiplayer on the PS3 was MAG.  Most of the downloadable games I played were also on the 360.

I also had no interests with the Kinect, did not set it up/calibrate it.  But it was still cool when it recognized voice commands with out even intending to, like when talking to someone about what you wanted to do & it does it.  Also the voice command quick DVR recording feature seems kind of cool but I still have yet to use it. Something insane happens in multiplayer game & you can quickly say "record" or something like that & it will automatically store the previous 30 seconds or whatever you set it to - so you can later view how someone killed you or something like that.  Watched some intro videos on launch day so the details are fuzzy.  Also some friends tell me some games have cool Kinect features like my one buddy told me his kids keep getting him killed in Dead Rising by making too much noise in the background & attracting zombies to him.  Someone else told me that BF4, I think but maybe he said cod, that if you lean in your chair left or right your player character leans in that same direction in the game.  My Kinect is set up off to my left side, I sit too close to the TV when I game.  But it will still be cool to see what they do with it in the future.

Also Titanfall looks promising,  but I admit I do not know too much about it other than some quick clips that were on 360 in October/early November.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your main interested are actually exactly what XBOX One is doing best at the moment.. Used Skype the other night to video chat via the kinect, and I must say it was phenomenal. Also my experience with the multi-tasking is that it works quite well. I have yet to experience any real issues/bugs.

The major issues at this time seem to be games (i.e. BF4, unstable and full of bugs),  and lack of features/accessories (which will improve with time).

Dead Rising3, has been very fun. The timer is removed. I have enjoyed the game and did not really like the previous versions due to the pushy nature. This release is much more open-world feel. Still have missions with some constraints but a considerably better feel to it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks everyone. I'll hold off for now unless a great deal pops up. The appeal just isn't there and the little things like no AA batteries, being able to record 15 minutes on the PS4, and being able to plug my headphones into my controller on the PS4 add up. I'm sure the X1 will have more accessories and games in the future so I suppose it makes sense to wait until it's more appealing. In the meantime I'm having a blast playing games on the PS4 and working through some backlog on the PS3, and I picked up some PS3 games for an outstanding price on Black Friday.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

On this, I am playing them using a push through app on my phone from my PC.

IE. Pull out phone, open app, source "PC", destination "Xbox", play file: X.mp4... Enjoy.

As for the media from a usb, I saw that as a problem, so I used a tuner to pass through my antenna connection to the xbox. Tuner has a USB port. Now I can watch OTA channels with voice commands and view USB media through the tuner on the box.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:18:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Couple things I was experiencing yesterday:
Started a Netflix account.  I like watching movies and TV shows and this will compliment my Amazon Prime video.

Initial impressions is that the streaming of HD movies was HORRIBLE.  I mean a pixelated mess that wasn't even remotely close to HD let alone SD.  

Streaming TV shows seemed to stream them in HD.  Wierd.

I then switched over to my PS4 and installed the Netflix app.  I then started watching the same movies I tested on the X1 ( Lockout and Tears of the Sun ).  Both played in perfect(albeit streaming) HD quality.  

So needless to say I was disappointed with what was going on with the X1 Netflix and apparently all streaming video.

Since I was using the Instant On mode, it picked up the update last night.  Went to turn it on this morning and the voice commands didn't work, so I know it did the hard restart for the updated.

After getting back to the home screen, navigation seemed a bit smoother than last night.  I went into Netflix and tried the same movies.  Both immediately came up in HD quality.  Even better than PS4 quality in fact.  

I then tested opening a bunch of apps in the background to see if that was teh cause of the video quality but it wasn't. Video started back up in HD quality.

So the biggest question is, did this fix the streaming issue or is it just early in the morning for Netflix?  Guess we'll see later today/tonight.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:09:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I am not even sure if I did the update yet. I am guessing not- do I need to go into setup to manually install the update?

Played some COD Ghosts in Extinction mode last night. Ran into the "number 2 ranked player" and he was a total jerk. Telling people how much they suck, booting out anyone who wasn't level 30+. Singing emo songs into his headset too. Anyway, that was interesting. It was frustrating trying to get matched up in Xbox live. Took about 6 minutes of shuffling through different game lobbies until I got a group that would actually take me and ready up.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Couple things I was experiencing yesterday:Started a Netflix account.  I like watching movies and TV shows and this will compliment my Amazon Prime video.
Initial impressions is that the streaming of HD movies was HORRIBLE.  I mean a pixelated mess that wasn't even remotely close to HD let alone SD.  
I then switched over to my PS4 and installed the Netflix app.  I then started watching the same movies I tested on the X1 ( Lockout and Tears of the Sun ).  Both played in perfect(albeit streaming) HD quality.  
So needless to say I was disappointed with what was going on with the X1 Netflix and apparently all streaming video.

Since I was using the Instant On mode, it picked up the update last night.  Went to turn it on this morning and the voice commands didn't work, so I know it did the hard restart for the updated.
After getting back to the home screen, navigation seemed a bit smoother than last night.  I went into Netflix and tried the same movies.  Both immediately came up in HD quality.  Even better than PS4 quality in fact.  
I then tested opening a bunch of apps in the background to see if that was teh cause of the video quality but it wasn't. Video started back up in HD quality.

So the biggest question is, did this fix the streaming issue or is it just early in the morning for Netflix?  Guess we'll see later today/tonight.

View Quote

For what it's worth, Netflix has always run at better quality with better features on the PS3/4 than the 360/X1...and you're never required to pay the gatekeeper to use the program you're already paying for. But hopefully there are improvements made ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
For what it's worth, Netflix has always run at better quality with better features on the PS3/4 than the 360/X1...and you're never required to pay the gatekeeper to use the program you're already paying for. But hopefully there are improvements made ASAP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Couple things I was experiencing yesterday:Started a Netflix account.  I like watching movies and TV shows and this will compliment my Amazon Prime video.

We'll see if that is the case.  watch another tv episode and it immediately started in HD resolution so thats promising.  Plus tried resuming another movie and it also played in HD.  

To be fair, you used to be able to play multiplayer without a PS+ subscription.  That changed.  Don't be surprised if they eventually require a PS+ account for other stuff.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We'll see if that is the case.  watch another tv episode and it immediately started in HD resolution so thats promising.  Plus tried resuming another movie and it also played in HD.  
To be fair, you used to be able to play multiplayer without a PS+ subscription.  That changed.  Don't be surprised if they eventually require a PS+ account for other stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope it sticks I can't believe the difference between the 360 and the PS3/4 streaming quality. Sure, PS+ is required to play MP now on the PS4, but it is highly unlikely that Sony will adopt the Microsoft model of forcing you to pay to use a service that you're already paying for (Netflix, Hulu, etc.).
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#24]
The latest figures show that even without a Japan launch the PS4 is selling better than the X1, but both consoles have had extremely successful launches and that's what is important. Really exciting time to be a gamer.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The latest figures show that even without a Japan launch the PS4 is selling better than the X1, but both consoles have had extremely successful launches and that's what is important. Really exciting time to be a gamer.
View Quote

2 million in 15 days for the ps4

2 million in 18 days for the x1.  

MS seems to be doing pretty well given the $100 increase in price.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I think it gave PS4 a slight edge in a number of ways for their release.
1) Out first! Luckily for Microsoft, not too much earlier
2) Avoided bad press WRT the kinect and DRM

I think over time these advantages will diminish for the PS4, the Xbone will lead US sales but trail in worldwide sales. I predict some sort of faux pas or problem will happen with the PS4 in the next, oh, 3 months or so.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that says a lot.  The fact that the #s are so close despite having a $100 difference.  Would be interesting to imagine what the #s would have been like had the systems been priced equally.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I think over time these advantages will diminish for the PS4, the Xbone will lead US sales but trail in worldwide sales. I predict some sort of faux pas or problem will happen with the PS4 in the next, oh, 3 months or so.
View Quote

To be fair, they already had a "potential" compromise of their Playstation network AGAIN.  Forced people to change their passwords.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Based on my suspicions and studying teardowns of both systems, the PS4 seems much more likely to have thermal issues (IE overheating) down the road. The airflow is much more restricted and prone to clogging up with dust. It also crams more stuff in a smaller package. People criticize the size of the Xbox One but IMO it was a smart design decision to make airflow and cooling a high priority.

Also locating the "power brick" outside the case was another smart decision, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've both done well. There will be a significant gap between the two once the PS4 launches in Japan, and it's important to note that while they are neck and neck with the slight edge to the PS4. What is also interesting is that the PS4 is proving more popular in key countries that have traditionally been dominated by Microsoft...The UK and the USA to name two. I expect that the numbers will fluctuate here in the States but the UK numbers and the upcoming Japan release paint a very interesting picture of how we can expect this generation to go.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sony certainly benefitted from the poor choices made at Microsoft, no dispute there. The multiple Microsoft mistakes were enough to send me to the PS4. I'm curious as to what you're basing your prediction of faux pas on. There will need to be a bigger faux pas than say, the RRoD issue that plagued that 360 before it really makes a dent in the PS4 sales, and it seems to me that Microsoft is on the defensive at the moment. A look at key markets indicates that the X1 just isn't as popular---that's not to say that it's a bad system and that it's not selling well---it's just not performing as well as the competition. Of course that's subject to change. I was very surprised to see that the UK gamers have chosen the PS4 over the X1 in significant numbers, as that market has historically been dominated by Microsoft. We all know how the PS4 launch in Japan is going to be and what that's going to do for the sales figures. I'm excited to see what the one-year numbers are.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:51:34 AM EDT
[#32]
So my Netflix quality seems to drop during peak hours on the X1.  Switching over to PS4 during peak hours and the resolution is HD.  Tested on the X1 this morning and it's back to HD.
I'd be interested to see how the stream is routed.  Is the stream going directly from Netflix to my console or is it getting routed through MS servers?  If the latter, it wouldn't surprise me if MS is throttling the bandwidth during peak hours?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So my Netflix quality seems to drop during peak hours on the X1.  Switching over to PS4 during peak hours and the resolution is HD.  Tested on the X1 this morning and it's back to HD.I'd be interested to see how the stream is routed.  Is the stream going directly from Netflix to my console or is it getting routed through MS servers?  If the latter, it wouldn't surprise me if MS is throttling the bandwidth during peak hours?
View Quote

That's really interesting. I hadn't considered possible throttling. I'll see if there's an issue during peak with the 360 and PS3. FWIW, I've noticed that the quality seems to drop around 6PM EST on the 360 but it's honestly hard to tell if that's due to possible throttling or just having less quality than the PS3 stream.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's really interesting. I hadn't considered possible throttling. I'll see if there's an issue during peak with the 360 and PS3. FWIW, I've noticed that the quality seems to drop around 6PM EST on the 360 but it's honestly hard to tell if that's due to possible throttling or just having less quality than the PS3 stream.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So my Netflix quality seems to drop during peak hours on the X1.  Switching over to PS4 during peak hours and the resolution is HD.  Tested on the X1 this morning and it's back to HD.I'd be interested to see how the stream is routed.  Is the stream going directly from Netflix to my console or is it getting routed through MS servers?  If the latter, it wouldn't surprise me if MS is throttling the bandwidth during peak hours?

I haven't had any problem with my netflix at any point during the day or night.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the X1 or 360?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It just doesn't explain why the PS4 is HD resolution during peak hours but not the X1.  It just "seems" like that because you need a XBox Gold subscription that they "might" be routing the request/stream through their XBox Live Servers.  If that is the case, it wouldn't surprise me if they were throttling so that it doesn't interfere with Multiplayer gaming.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

On the X1 or 360?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the X1 or 360?

X1
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same on my X1 as well and I have shitty 15Mbps download speeds.  

I normally run netflix from my TV (wireless smart TV) but have been using it on X1 lately to try it out.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:19:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
X1
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the X1 or 360?

X1

Interesting.  Wonder why my PS4 plays in HD during peak hours but not my X1.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Seems like there is some controversy lately with Netflix and image quality, but that X1 and Apple TV customers are being disproportionately affected. From the Apple forums, one user reports:

ATV3 is definitely the worst of my bunch, but I am having very similar issues with my PS4 and Xbox One.  In fact, I first noticed it at a friend's house on his Xbox One, so we switched over to ATV3.  Same problem.  I thought it was just his network, but when I got home I was having similar issues.  Typically I enjoy a 5800 bitrate within seconds on ATV3, thanks to my rock-solid 3-year old 50/5 TWC connection and Netflix opening up the birates again this year.  But lately, my experience is as follows:

iPad 3rd gen: reaches steady 4300 kbps within seconds (and seems the best way right now to watch via ATV airplay)

PS4: reaches 5800 kpbs some of the time, but hovers around 3000

iPod Touch 5th gen: reaches steady 3000 kbps within seconds

Xbox One: reaches 5800 rarely, and hovers around 1050 kbps

ATV3: total crapshoot (I have 2, one connected via wifi, and the other via ethernet and no difference between their performance), but often stays in the 235-560 kbps range, and I've not seen it above 1750 since I started checking at all hours.

^ All of them (other than my iDevices), are far too frequently hanging between 1050 and 1750 (or lower).  Neither of which is even 720p.
View Quote

Linky

ETA: A quick search of the Xbox forum shows multiple threads discussing streaming quality issues. One recommended fix is to change audio from 5.1 to Stereo. I might try that on my 360 the next time I use it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Interesting.. I have been streaming Amazon Prime on the X1 and it is streaming max quality consistently.  Seems to be more of a Netflix issue, or Netflix-Device compatibility issue than strictly Microsoft or X1.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:40:54 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Seems like there is some controversy lately with Netflix and image quality, but that X1 and Apple TV customers are being disproportionately affected. From the Apple forums, one user reports:
Linky
ETA: A quick search of the Xbox forum shows multiple threads discussing streaming quality issues. One recommended fix is to change audio from 5.1 to Stereo. I might try that on my 360 the next time I use it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ATV3 is definitely the worst of my bunch, but I am having very similar issues with my PS4 and Xbox One.  In fact, I first noticed it at a friend's house on his Xbox One, so we switched over to ATV3.  Same problem.  I thought it was just his network, but when I got home I was having similar issues.  Typically I enjoy a 5800 bitrate within seconds on ATV3, thanks to my rock-solid 3-year old 50/5 TWC connection and Netflix opening up the birates again this year.  But lately, my experience is as follows:

iPad 3rd gen: reaches steady 4300 kbps within seconds (and seems the best way right now to watch via ATV airplay)
PS4: reaches 5800 kpbs some of the time, but hovers around 3000
iPod Touch 5th gen: reaches steady 3000 kbps within seconds

Xbox One: reaches 5800 rarely, and hovers around 1050 kbps

ATV3: total crapshoot (I have 2, one connected via wifi, and the other via ethernet and no difference between their performance), but often stays in the 235-560 kbps range, and I've not seen it above 1750 since I started checking at all hours.

^ All of them (other than my iDevices), are far too frequently hanging between 1050 and 1750 (or lower).  Neither of which is even 720p.

Linky

How is he able to see the streaming # on the X1?  Never seen an option to display it.  Ahh I see.  Go to to play the following video from Netflix "Example Short 23.976"

I'll also try changing audio to Stereo as well to see if that works.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2013 3:27:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Amazon has XBox Ones in stock.
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Amazon has XBox Ones in stock.
View Quote

Best Buy does as well. I'm THIS close to pulling the trigger on one after Christmas...
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Had started with just Forza.

Brother came by and dropped off Dead Rising 3 and Assassins Creed 4 as early X-Mas gifts.

The parental unit apparently bought me Ryse Son of Rome and prepaid for Elder Scrolls Online.

I think I just lost all my free time...
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Brother came by and dropped off Dead Rising 3 and Assassins Creed 4 as early X-Mas gifts.

The parental unit apparently bought me Ryse Son of Rome and prepaid for Elder Scrolls Online.

View Quote

Nice!

So I looked and it looks like all the Best Buys in my area have the X1 bundled with 1 year of Gold for $540, which is a $20 savings. I get rewards points through Best Buy so that's another ~$10 in store credit that I'd get, and I believe I can order through Ebates and get 1% Cash back (~$5) with an additional $10 Walmart gift card...damn this is tempting. Fuck it I'm foing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Nice!

So I looked and it looks like all the Best Buys in my area have the X1 bundled with 1 year of Gold for $540, which is a $20 savings. I get rewards points through Best Buy so that's another ~$10 in store credit that I'd get, and I believe I can order through Ebates and get 1% Cash back (~$5) with an additional $10 Walmart gift card...damn this is tempting. Fuck it I'm foing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!

If you have a 360 with XBL gold it carries over with your gamertag to X1, just FYI.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you have a 360 with XBL gold it carries over with your gamertag to X1, just FYI.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!

Perfect. We had a fair amount of snow blow through today so I didn't make it over to Best Buy. I'll head there tomorrow, and I think I'll stick with the basic console. I currently have about 5 months of Live left so I think I'll be fine for now. I figure I'll pick up RYSE to start and then Dead Rising. Now March needs to get here so I can get Titanfall.

Does anyone know if I'll have to reauthenticate for HBO GO? I have it set up on my 360 and it was a PITA. I'd rather not go through that again.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:41:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Perfect. We had a fair amount of snow blow through today so I didn't make it over to Best Buy. I'll head there tomorrow, and I think I'll stick with the basic console. I currently have about 5 months of Live left so I think I'll be fine for now. I figure I'll pick up RYSE to start and then Dead Rising. Now March needs to get here so I can get Titanfall.

Does anyone know if I'll have to reauthenticate for HBO GO? I have it set up on my 360 and it was a PITA. I'd rather not go through that again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice!

HBO Go isn't out on the X1 (or PS4) yet.  So hard to say, but most likely you'll have to re-authenticate.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#50]
So I don't have much experience with the Xbox 360 so I can't say what the differences are. BUT...

My neighbors kid/babysitter who is 15 came over and played some Call of Duty: Ghosts for a couple hours after my kid was asleep. A couple things from his observation: He liked the interface, and said it was pretty intuitive to use. He said it was smooth and well organized. He also was very impressed with COD: Ghosts. Said not only were the graphics better, with more realistic details and textures, but that it was also very smooth and fluid. He was able to pick up the XB1 controller and use it without a hitch, and even managed to get some new achievements in COD that I hadn't managed yet. F'n kids.

He was all excited about it, saying he wants one for his room, because then he could basically do Blu-ray discs, streaming, games, etc all from one device. (and yes I realize PS3 also does that). His parents were like "great, thanks for putting a $500 item on his Christmas list".

AFA the internet connection goes, I have my XB1 plugged directed into my gigabit router. I don't trust wireless. The "HD" quality of Amazon prime hasn't been that great, but I'm OK with it for now, since I also have 400 BD movies.

AFA the "Console wars" go I suspect that XB1 will have a slight lead at the end of December based on being available in stores more, better launch titles (debateable, I know), and being available in more countries. I believe the 2 are neck and neck at the moment.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top