Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like Basement Crawl is a dud
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm figuring the only games worth a shit will be Infamous, Destiny, and the Order also possibly Metal Gear and the Elder Scrolls anything in between is probably gonna be shit.
2015 we will see better games with regularity.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Addicting free zombie game on ps plus now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 6:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I tried it its pretty fun ony if you use a mouse and keyboard trying to play it with a controller is impossible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone playing the FInal Fantasy 14 beta?  I'm having a hard time getting into it.  Controls are not all that intuitive to me.

I tried it its pretty fun ony if you use a mouse and keyboard trying to play it with a controller is impossible.

I played more than 10 hours on the beta with the controller. The learning curve was steep, but I grew to like it.  A keyboard of some sort is still necessary for in game text chat, but I played solo. I bought ffxiv for my pc after the beta ended to at least tide me over until the final version is out.

Obviously the game isn't groundbreaking as this version has been out for other platforms a while. I enjoyed it and had no issues or bugs.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#5]
So what are people's thoughts on Infamous SS?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

best game for ps4 yet very little bugs awesome graphics.*cough for  a console.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree that it's pretty clearly the best thing going for the PS4 right now.  I actually didn't think the story or characters were as good as previous games, but the gameplay was significantly better, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Good gameplay got repetitive as fuck though. One playthrough was plenty.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:42:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Waiting till it drops in price but will definitely get Infamous.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good gameplay got repetitive as fuck though. One playthrough was plenty.
View Quote

Indeed but you have just described 90% of console titles and current gen games lol.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:16:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah repetition is common but the tagging and secret agent missions were gayer than Liberace. Edited to add Tomb Raider is fucking awesome didn't play it on last gen so tried the updated.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah repetition is common but the tagging and secret agent missions were gayer than Liberace. Edited to add Tomb Raider is fucking awesome didn't play it on last gen so tried the updated.
View Quote

Tagging was dumb.  In fact, most of the side missions felt useless to me.  It was almost like they got done with the game and then said to themselves "shit, the back of the box says it has side missions, but we forgot to put any in.  What can we do over the course of the next three days?"  It wasn't even like most of them were necessary.  You can max out your skill trees and still have shards to spare afterward without doing most of them.

Also, I really am starting to hate the pad on the controller.  As a click button it's fine, and the pad is useful for out of game things in menus and whatnot.  But invariably it seems like Sony will be forcing devs to make use of that shit in game - first killzone, now Infamous.  Why do I need to swipe my finger over the damn pad to open stuff instead of pressing a button like we used to do?  It's dumb, and it serves no purpose except making me take my hand off the controller.  It's like the Kinect's voice and move commands or the WiiU's gamepad, though in fairness it's significantly less annoying than those two.  Same principle though - why try to fix something that ain't broke?  I've been clicking buttons for a couple of decades now; no need to complicate it with non-standard stuff.  If it takes longer to swipe the pad than to press triangle, it's not a step forward.  It also breaks immersion.  When I play a game, I want to forget that I am using controls at all, whether it's a controller or a keyboard.  It becomes second nature after a while, to the point that you aren't even really thinking about what buttons you are pressing.  Adding things like touchpads and then forcing me to move my hands around to use it keeps me painfully aware that I am holding a controller.  See also:  Shaking the fucking controller like it's a can of spraypaint.  WTF?  That's as bullshit as the whole "shake controller to charge light" thing in The Last of Us.

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I went ahead and preordered Wolfenstein and Watchdogs. I'll probably wait until I hear a couple reviews before payoff though.  Anyone else doing the same?
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I went ahead and preordered Wolfenstein and Watchdogs. I'll probably wait until I hear a couple reviews before payoff though.  Anyone else doing the same?
View Quote

Getting Wolfenstein on the PC.  After the Shadow Warrior reboot and Far Cry Blood Dragon, I am really ready for more games that try to have fun and don't take themselves too seriously.

Waiting on Watchdogs.  It's various issues have raised enough questions for me that I'm in a wait-and-see mode.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 5:31:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I pre-ordered both for PS4 from Best Buy, got a total of $30 in reward certificates plus some other bonuses. Usually I don't pre-order games but it seemed like a good deal.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#16]
The Show comes out at midnight...

I can't stand actual baseball, but video game baseball is great.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Show comes out at midnight...

I can't stand actual baseball, but video game baseball is great.
View Quote

Supposedly they added some features this time around that let you shorten a game considerably if you want.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I was badass at R.B.I. Baseball 3 anything later I suck.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Sony's E3 press conference is on June 9th at 6 pm PST / 9 pm EST.

Sony seems to be hinting at an an over the top conference this year.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Sony E3 Links:

Monday, June 9

6 pm PST
9 pm EST
1 am GMT (June 10)
2 am BST  (June 10)

ustream:

http://www.ustream.tv/ps4

Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/sony-press-conference-2014/

ign:

http://www.ign.com/events/e3

gametrailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3

Polygon:

http://www.polygon.com/a/e3-2014

Ars:

http://arstechnica.com/series/ars-at-e3-2014/
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone playing War Thunder?

Pretty fun game.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone playing War Thunder?

Pretty fun game.
View Quote

Downloading it as we speak. I'm interested in how the cross platform setup will work out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 12:40:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Was that peter dinklage narrating the Destiny trailer during the press conference?  
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Was that peter dinklage narrating the Destiny trailer during the press conference?  
View Quote

Guess he needs the cash hes about to get his head hacked off.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#25]
So what are people's thoughts on the Destiny beta?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So what are people's thoughts on the Destiny beta?
View Quote

I am also curious about this, since I haven't played it at all.  Buzz on the web seems to be generally positive.  Too much MMO stuff for me, personally.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#27]
The beta is pretty badass. The game plays like Halo they have the combat down. I hope in full game there will be more loot. Doing multiplayer matches will unlock special weapons. Pretty limited on beta so I maxed out a couple characters. The thing I like about the point damage overhead is it helps find weak spots on armored enemies.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:13:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Just got my PS4 today.  Switched over from 360, this thing is pretty amazing.  Really love the way the menu works, the touchpad on the controller is cool, wish they would enable it for use in the web browser though.  Coming from BF3 to BF4 on PSF is a lot to take in.  The share button is awesome, being able to load videos straight to facebook is a fun option.  Anyone know if there is anymore Beta keys floating around for Destiny?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The beta is pretty badass. The game plays like Halo they have the combat down. I hope in full game there will be more loot. Doing multiplayer matches will unlock special weapons. Pretty limited on beta so I maxed out a couple characters. The thing I like about the point damage overhead is it helps find weak spots on armored enemies.
View Quote

Pretty much this but...

I've been getting a decent amount of loot drops but nothing spectacular considering the cap.
The boxes you need to know where to find them, they re-spawn over time.
Drops and boxes makes a distinct sound when you are close to them like the spin metal leaves.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:20:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Pretty much this but...

I've been getting a decent amount of loot drops but nothing spectacular considering the cap.

Drops and boxes makes a distinct sound when you are close to them like the spin metal leaves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much this but...

If you are in a FireTeam and someone loots a box, does everyone in your fireteam get loot or only the person who loots the box?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you are in a FireTeam and someone loots a box, does everyone in your fireteam get loot or only the person who loots the box?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this but...

I'm not entirely sure how loot works but the boxes everyone can loot but once the first person loots it everyone else has to shortly after as it disappears quickly.

Drops from mobs is where I'm at a loss. It seems that the drops that appear on your screen are different than the ones that appear for me So you can never steal someone else's loot.  XP gains and money from kills are shared.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Last Destiny Beta code for PS4:

G483-64NN-H26P

Add me to play: Luckyiam77
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

G483-64NN-H26P

View Quote

Pointless now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Pointless now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G483-64NN-H26P

Pointless now.

What's pointless...........
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#35]
The code, it's open to all now.
Good looking though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm not entirely sure how loot works but the boxes everyone can loot but once the first person loots it everyone else has to shortly after as it disappears quickly.

Drops from mobs is where I'm at a loss. It seems that the drops that appear on your screen are different than the ones that appear for me So you can never steal someone else's loot.  XP gains and money from kills are shared.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this but...

Regarding Loot - the beta has 5 gold boxes which are spread out over the earth( Destiny Gold Chest ), all have unique gear, one has a speeder bike that's faster than the original. Also loot chest regenerates every 10 minutes. A single case can spawn in what I figure is about 4 different spots within a small area, such as the airplane bone yard(although I can usually find 3-4 cases in that area). If there are enemies in the are there is  bound to be glimmer, just check every cave, open door and roof of buildings for them, also check inside the buildings up top as well. You can make glimmer off of Spin Metal, you need 40 pieces of spinmetal to turn it in for glimmer. There are some good videos on youtube that display this. I started to farm for glimmer and have around 15000 glimmer. I bought a new ship and speeder just to get some new things. You get roughly about 150 from each chest. You can get up to 50 from a bad guy with your special ghost ability activate(check inventory). I drive around for about an hour and can get around 2500 glimmer while killing enemies you can do it without killing enemies and you can do it half the time. Just stay on your bike and drive to each possible spawn location.

If you guys want a tour of the land where all the cases spawn lmk PS4 name is FMJforFreedom
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Good looking though.
View Quote

No kidding.

Cool!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:02:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good looking though.
View Quote

Not everyone.....I can't seem to get it.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?  I went into the Playstation Store, down to Destiny...however when the menu to the right pops up, Beta is a just a light gray color and I cant click on it.  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just got my PS4 today.  Switched over from 360, this thing is pretty amazing.  Really love the way the menu works, the touchpad on the controller is cool, wish they would enable it for use in the web browser though.  Coming from BF3 to BF4 on PSF is a lot to take in.  The share button is awesome, being able to load videos straight to facebook is a fun option.  Anyone know if there is anymore Beta keys floating around for Destiny?
View Quote

Congrats---it's my favorite system of this generation.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, ya it really is amazing.  I really hope they fix the share button issue soon though.  Anyone else running into the problem of the square button not appearing to save videos after 15 minutes of gameplay has passed?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thanks, ya it really is amazing.  I really hope they fix the share button issue soon though.  Anyone else running into the problem of the square button not appearing to save videos after 15 minutes of gameplay has passed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't had any issues with the Share function.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the time.  Or I have to hit the share button every ten minutes

Ya, square stops appearing after the 15 minute buffer fills up.  So I either have to play a really exciting match where I'm saving video constantly, before the buffer fills.  Or I have to hit the share button about every 10 minutes and exit back out, to reset the 15 minute buffer.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Share-button-does-not-record-last-15-minutes-ASKING-FOR-HELP/td-p/42370177
Here is a link to a large thread about it over at Playstation.com.....however after just reading the newest posts, it looks like this last patch finally fixed it.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top