Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 6:30:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I read an article on Eurogamer claiming that XBox 1 is running 1280x720 versus PS4 running at 1600x900.  The article was a couple weeks old so I don't know if it has been debunked or not.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine is out for delivery today!

I'm out of town fml. Hopefully nobody steals it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I have mine in hand!  It immediately grabs the day 1 update which is a fast download but has been sitting at Preparing to Install for way too long (I want my damned toy to work right now!!!!)
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop and they have called me twice and sent me two text message this week.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have mine in hand!  It immediately grabs the day 1 update which is a fast download but has been sitting at Preparing to Install for way too long (I want my damned toy to work right now!!!!)
View Quote

Lucky! I'll likely pick mine up Friday afternoon. I'm too damn old to stand in line for hours to pick up a preorder.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you have it already?  Did you win it from Taco Bell?  
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#7]
A friend did and I acquired it
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]
35 minutes and I head over to GameStop. I already have mine set aside with my name on it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#9]
OST
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#10]
SETTING MINE UP NOW.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I read an article on Eurogamer claiming that XBox 1 is running 1280x720 versus PS4 running at 1600x900.  The article was a couple weeks old so I don't know if it has been debunked or not.
View Quote

For Battlefield 4 that is true.

Also, COD Ghosts is 1280x720 on Xbox one and 1920x1080 on PS4.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
SETTING MINE UP NOW.
View Quote

How many kids did you have to punch in the face to get a good spot in line?

Friend of a coworker sent him a pic from Best Buy just a little bit ago.  Looked pretty hectic.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Got mine a few minutes ago, setting it up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Friend of a coworker sent him a pic from Best Buy just a little bit ago.  Looked pretty hectic.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SETTING MINE UP NOW.

Man I was SO lucky. My mall has 2 GameStops...one on each floor, directly over each other. I ordered from the upstairs store---25 people. Downstairs had almost 100.

Also, the 30 day Plus trial WILL work with existing accounts. WINNING.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Amazon has them in stock right now if anyone wants one and hasn't yet ordered it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#16]
MUCH smaller than I anticipated. I'm checking it out now---making sure ports are good, etc. So sexy...
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
MUCH smaller than I anticipated. I'm checking it out now---making sure ports are good, etc. So sexy...
View Quote

Reviews said it is about the same size as a PS3 slim. Pretty impressive.

The Xbox one is huge in comparison and has a external power brick.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. It's not only small but it's also INCREDIBLY light. I am impressed and I am about to turn it on for the first time. I feel like a kid on Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy damn the power button is indistinguishable.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#20]
O hai guise!

Mark Cerny says he hopes you like the new console since he put so much hard work into it.

(actually, I just saw that and thought it was so fucked up I had to post it, but this seemed like the most relevant place for it)
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Man I was SO lucky. My mall has 2 GameStops...one on each floor, directly over each other. I ordered from the upstairs store---25 people. Downstairs had almost 100.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SETTING MINE UP NOW.

Nice.

The only midnight release Ive ever done was Black Ops 1, and it was by accident during a late night Walmart food run.  Took me 15 minutes and thats counting getting food.

Meanwhile next door at GS, there was a huge line that didnt move from when we went into WM to when we left.

Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Agreed. It's not only small but it's also INCREDIBLY light. I am impressed and I am about to turn it on for the first time. I feel like a kid on Christmas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love unboxing electronics.

Im living vicariously through you.

Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I truly didn't plan on going at midnight---I stopped doing that after Gears 3. I went into GameStop earlier to finalize everything and they were so disorganized I was actually concerned that they'd sell my PS4, so I showed up at 11:45PM I walked out with a PS4 at 12:10.

I started a new thread for discussion---I'll update it more once the update is completed. It's only taking about 2 minutes which is great.

I LOVE unboxing electronics too. It's a 1st world passion of mine.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1557077_PS4_Impressions.html&page=1&anc=-1
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Can you describe the smell, feel and taste of the padded wrapping around the PS4?

Wait......OK, my pants are off.  And go!

Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can you describe the smell, feel and taste of the padded wrapping around the PS4?

Wait......OK, my pants are off.  And go!

View Quote

A faint hint of plastic hints at a decade filled with fun and a lightened wallet.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SETTING MINE UP NOW.

Friend of a coworker sent him a pic from Best Buy just a little bit ago. Looked pretty hectic.

I drove by two GameStops around 1220 and there was NO ONE at either.  I was surprised to see that.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I got mine at GameStop.  At 6pm they were starting their payment finalization.  The order you finalized your payment in was the order you picked up your system.  I happened to be the 9th person to finalize the payment so at midnight release I was number 9 to pick mine up.  I think there was only 37 people there and it took all of 5 minutes for everyone to pick up their systems.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got mine at GameStop.  At 6pm they were starting their payment finalization.  The order you finalized your payment in was the order you picked up your system.  I happened to be the 9th person to finalize the payment so at midnight release I was number 9 to pick mine up.  I think there was only 37 people there and it took all of 5 minutes for everyone to pick up their systems.
View Quote

where are you? MY gamestop only had 37 people...what a coincidence of a number.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, I've got mine, but can't sign into PSN! Already network issues!
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

you too? ive been trying to sign in and it was stuck on please wait, now it says network connection lost. COME ON MAN!
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like Sony used the same people as the obamacare website.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

you too? ive been trying to sign in and it was stuck on please wait, now it says network connection lost. COME ON MAN!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SAME! I'm waiting patiently...
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I drove by two GameStops around 1220 and there was NO ONE at either.  I was surprised to see that.
View Quote

Strange. Maybe everyone got their system at midnight? I was towards the end of the line and I was out of the store by 12:10.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm logged in!

ETA: Well, I WAS in, was setting everything up, then it booted me out. As of this edit, I am FINALLY logged in!
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#36]
When there are 1 million preorders don't expect everything to run like clock work.

Also I'm sitting in front of mine waiting for bf4 to install ahahbahaha
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
When there are 1 million preorders don't expect everything to run like clock work.

Also I'm sitting in front of mine waiting for bf4 to install ahahbahaha
View Quote

Oh I agree. I'm being patient. Set up is complete. Can you not play BF4 while it is downloading?
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Didn't think to try.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Didn't think to try.
View Quote

Heh---lots of new features to get used to. I'm downloading Resogun now.

I'm getting ready to pop BF4 in as well.

Netflix is downloaded. Man this is a VAST improvement over the PS3 UI!!!

ETA: Contrast is installing now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Well I tried logging into my ps plus account to play online now I've been In the please wait loop for 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well I tried logging into my ps plus account to play online now I've been In the please wait loop for 15 minutes.
View Quote

Hope you get in soon. Took me about an hour and a half. I found that I had more success if I backed out after 5 minutes then tried again.

Contrast is a 2.3 GB game. I've been downloading for ~3 minutes and I already have the option to install and play. Wow.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Hope you get in soon. Took me about an hour and a half. I found that I had more success if I backed out after 5 minutes then tried again.

Contrast is a 2.3 GB game. I've been downloading for ~3 minutes and I already have the option to install and play. Wow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't let me back out.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Won't let me back out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't let me back out.

Weird. I just kept pressing O and it would let me. The dashboard says that "Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing maintenance"
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#44]
I pressed it 2 or three times and no dice no pun intended
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I pressed it 2 or three times and no dice no pun intended
View Quote

Well damn. Hope they get the kinks worked out soon. So far I'm very impressed. I'm message a buddy on his PS3 and it's working flawlessly. Pretty wild. AND I'm on Arfcom...on the PS4.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 3:01:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a coincidence, I'm in NYS though
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Got mine just now.   I tried out the controller in my hands and it's 1000x better than the PoS3 controller.  
Not quite as good as the 360, but might make me consider getting some more games on the PS4 instead of the X1.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Got mine just now.   I tried out the controller in my hands and it's 1000x better than the PoS3 controller.  Not quite as good as the 360, but might make me consider getting some more games on the PS4 instead of the X1.
View Quote

I actually like mine better than the 360 controller, but that could be "new toy" bias. Anyone else get thrown off by the lack of a Start button?

I just picked up Knack (for the wife) and AC. I'll hold off on Killzone for a bit unless there's a killer Black Friday sale.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Is anyone else disappointed by the current headset offerings? Looks like I'll be waiting to pick up a pair of Turtle Beaches/etc...
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Went to target to pick up the buy2get1free deal...only decent game they had was assassins creed. Sooo pissed off you guys seriously <cartman voice>
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top