Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 174
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:49:34 AM EDT
[#1]
New Connie whitebox looks a lot more streamlined.

Top ship
Middle and left

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New Connie whitebox looks a lot more streamlined.

Top ship
Middle and left

http://i.imgur.com/Ssg7tbV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VRY3enl.jpg
View Quote

I really, really like that new model Connie.  Seriously.  I never had any interest in it until now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:18:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Having been out of the loop for a while, has there been any updated target for the Squadron 42 Alpha release?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:25:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Having been out of the loop for a while, has there been any updated target for the Squadron 42 Alpha release?
View Quote

Everyone lately has been focused on the FPS release, which they made sound like would have happened by now.  They found a bunch of stuff they had to rewrite to fix bugs so that is part of it.

The "Around the Verse" episode from today made it sound like they're getting close, they edited out one of the FPS guys saying something that was probably, "next week or the week after" kind of statement.

The current timeline for initial Squadron 42 stuff is end of this year.  That is far enough away that I'd expect it to move to mid 2016 easily.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:12:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Everyone lately has been focused on the FPS release, which they made sound like would have happened by now.  They found a bunch of stuff they had to rewrite to fix bugs so that is part of it.

The "Around the Verse" episode from today made it sound like they're getting close, they edited out one of the FPS guys saying something that was probably, "next week or the week after" kind of statement.

The current timeline for initial Squadron 42 stuff is end of this year.  That is far enough away that I'd expect it to move to mid 2016 easily.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am hoping that S42 stays on the ball though.  The PU and S42 are going to share a lot of the same code, so it should (hopefully) streamline everything a bit.  Last I heard they were planning on releasing it in episodes, so we might get a mission pack for Christmas.  I hope.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:23:00 AM EDT
[#6]
IIIIIIIIII LIKE IT! It's what the Vanguard should have been.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:06:14 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I may or may not have one of my guys steal one in SQ42 before he has an unfortunate accident.  Finish up the campaign with one of his cousins or someone who has a clean record.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:28:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I may or may not have one of my guys steal one in SQ42 before he has an unfortunate accident.  Finish up the campaign with one of his cousins or someone who has a clean record.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What ship is that?

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What ship is that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ship is that?

F8 Lightning.  UEE's F22 and replacement for the F7 Hornet.

I really did about 95% of that model, but could really do with out the "cheek blades" or whatever you call the extension to each side of the cockpit.  Either narrow and taper them back or get rid of them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Cheek blades and those wrap-around wings at the rear should go, then it'd be awesome.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]
The F8 looks like it is going to be a bastard in a fight.  All that space and almost none of it is dedicated to crew

Oh, and the 85X which I think is the 890 Jump's little ship.  Could be wrong though

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, we might have an easier time in the PU than I thought.  I just had to explain the difference between Command and Control ala AWACS and Command and Conquer, since CIG didn't really help by just saying C&C.  The guy (CIG forums) was asking if it was going to be a Homeworld style RTS that lets you control other players ships

I sincerely hope a good % of players are like that and not fighter aces
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am hoping that S42 stays on the ball though.  The PU and S42 are going to share a lot of the same code, so it should (hopefully) streamline everything a bit.  Last I heard they were planning on releasing it in episodes, so we might get a mission pack for Christmas.  I hope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the idea is everything built so far will tie togather for S42.

AC and FPS make up the brunt of s42 action, the social module and that stuff will prob contain code.

once fps is out and AC2, things should theoretically speed up a bit since 90% of the S42 work is written at that point
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:41:52 AM EDT
[#14]

I like that they are getting away from "planes in space" a bit more, but now it's basically the fucking batmobile in space. SERIOUSLY LOOK AT IT! Once you see it you're fucked.

If those are size 1 missiles I swear I am gonna punch a baby.

Not sure it's comparable to the Vanguard. The V is a long range strike ship right? This is a heavy fighter, like the Hornet's pissed off uncle.

Not sure how I feel about it overall though.  I about fell over when I first saw it, but the more I look the more it doesn't fit to me.  The Whorenet is supposed to be the backbone of the UEE navy fighters, and now it feels like they said "oops nm, we got high last night and this thing is sorta cool..."  It also looks like it's gonna be a boat. Think Gladiator with bigger guns.  When mass gets implemented it's gonna be sliding all over the damn place, but they'll probably just use the "hand wavium" explanation that it's built of top secret babyshit and monocarbon unobtainium alloys and somehow handles like an M50.  I don't care if they do that so much if they remain unavailable to players, but if they get "lifted" they'll be a nightmare.

Don't mean to be debbie downer just my 2 pennies
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:46:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well "episodes" should pretty much be games from the way he laid it out. Sounds like a pretty healthy number of hours for gameplay.

Here's hoping anyway!
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:59:32 AM EDT
[#16]
F8 should be called wasp
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I think it'll be hilarious the first few months in AC 2.0 when the Freelancer MIS is in-game and all the Super Hornet owners rage that their ship sucks and the MIS cost the same amount.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
F8 should be called wasp
View Quote

And the Mustang should be called a dam mosquito.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Maintenance/repair drone and one other I don't know wtf it is.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F8 should be called wasp

Gnat.
Annoying, but harmless.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GbE8d0WuYQ
View Quote

Mining droid.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Mining droid.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mining droid.

Kharn

Makes sense, despite the butt arms
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 4:21:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I like that they are getting away from "planes in space" a bit more, but now it's basically the fucking batmobile in space. SERIOUSLY LOOK AT IT! Once you see it you're fucked.

Not sure it's comparable to the Vanguard. The V is a long range strike ship right? This is a heavy fighter, like the Hornet's pissed off uncle.

Not sure how I feel about it overall though.  I about fell over when I first saw it, but the more I look the more it doesn't fit to me.  The Whorenet is supposed to be the backbone of the UEE navy fighters, and now it feels like they said "oops nm, we got high last night and this thing is sorta cool..."  It also looks like it's gonna be a boat. Think Gladiator with bigger guns.  When mass gets implemented it's gonna be sliding all over the damn place, but they'll probably just use the "hand wavium" explanation that it's built of top secret babyshit and monocarbon unobtainium alloys and somehow handles like an M50.  I don't care if they do that so much if they remain unavailable to players, but if they get "lifted" they'll be a nightmare.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well stats and role are what the designers make them for the most part. It could have easily been interchangeable with the vanguard for overall design.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's the AMX-1 that's the veteran and original gift?  That thing's huge.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Military ships including the Super Hornet are on sale till the 12th.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14761-Military-Ships-Available

And apparently they are making the Drake Dragonfly space motorcycle thingie.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Sweet a superhornet and bought the gladiator like 5 minutes after upgrading the super bug

50 dollars short of CONCIERGE
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#27]
My purchases were hampered by the necessity to pay rent.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My purchases were hampered by the necessity to pay rent.
View Quote

Same here stupid bills. Luckily they are on sale through Friday. I can't decide if I want a hornet or gladiator though. I might get both.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Military ships including the Super Hornet are on sale till the 12th.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14761-Military-Ships-Available

And apparently they are making the Drake Dragonfly space motorcycle thingie.
View Quote

Holy shit, almost missed this, thanks for the post.

Grabbed three Super Hornet to Gladiator CCUs and two Gladiator to Super Hornet CCUs for $0.00. Can switch my SH to a Gladiator and see if I like that better, and then flip-flop a few times if necessary.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#30]
So yeah, I'm probably going to be running the new Xbox One Elite controller for SC...  component swaps, reprogrammable, 6dof D-Pad, 2 triggers, 4 paddles for your other fingers on the bottom, 2 bumpers, and 2 sticks.

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like Cap ships won't have a direct pilot.  More of a course plotter and the AI does the flying, just to keep from killing the crew or wrecking the ship via G forces.

CIG Brandon Evans | CIGBrandonEvans said:

A stick would be thoroughly pointless. Do you know how slowly a Bengal needs to turn for the safety of the crew? Assuming the usable space is 1km long and perfectly balanced, the furthest point from center is 500m away. Rotating at a rate of 1 rotation every 44.86467 seconds produces 1g of acceleration toward the bulkhead at each end - walking across the hall would be like climbing a 45 degree slope. At one rotation every 31.7187 seconds you're looking at 1g of acceleration at 250 meters out and 2g at the ends - 50% of the ship would have an easier time walking on the walls than the floor, which is made dangerous by that fact that if they did so they'd be experiencing 2g of negative vertical acceleration - just a bit below the point where they're going to start blacking out after long term exposure. Any faster and you're going to start losing crew at the extremities. And that's at peak rotational speeds - you still have to accelerate to and from those rotational speeds, and doing that quickly is going to throw people around. In practical terms you'd probably have to hold the direction you want to turn up to the midpoint of the turn and then start holding exactly the opposite direction until you exactly stopped. Actually trying to keep facing a target from moment to moment would be impossible against anything more nimble than you and pure drudgery for anything facing the same limitations as you. There's no reason not to just input heading and speeds into a computer and doing something more useful with the other 99% of your time
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sounds like Cap ships won't have a direct pilot.  More of a course plotter and the AI does the flying, just to keep from killing the crew or wrecking the ship via G forces.

A stick would be thoroughly pointless. Do you know how slowly a Bengal needs to turn for the safety of the crew? Assuming the usable space is 1km long and perfectly balanced, the furthest point from center is 500m away. Rotating at a rate of 1 rotation every 44.86467 seconds produces 1g of acceleration toward the bulkhead at each end - walking across the hall would be like climbing a 45 degree slope. At one rotation every 31.7187 seconds you're looking at 1g of acceleration at 250 meters out and 2g at the ends - 50% of the ship would have an easier time walking on the walls than the floor, which is made dangerous by that fact that if they did so they'd be experiencing 2g of negative vertical acceleration - just a bit below the point where they're going to start blacking out after long term exposure. Any faster and you're going to start losing crew at the extremities. And that's at peak rotational speeds - you still have to accelerate to and from those rotational speeds, and doing that quickly is going to throw people around. In practical terms you'd probably have to hold the direction you want to turn up to the midpoint of the turn and then start holding exactly the opposite direction until you exactly stopped. Actually trying to keep facing a target from moment to moment would be impossible against anything more nimble than you and pure drudgery for anything facing the same limitations as you. There's no reason not to just input heading and speeds into a computer and doing something more useful with the other 99% of your time
View Quote

That makes sense. I don't see myself having a cap ship, but it's interesting to know.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I will eventually have a cap ship.  Someday.  Not a Bengal, certainly, but I'm thinking a destroyer, which is (so they say) the largest ship that isn't persistent, and therefore needn't be guarded 24/7.  It is one of the long term goals I've set for myself in the PU.

I want to be able to say whenever I feel like it, "I'm gonna go murder some slavers, who wants to come?" and have the ability to largely sponsor the raid.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I will eventually have a cap ship.  Someday.  Not a Bengal, certainly, but I'm thinking a destroyer, which is (so they say) the largest ship that isn't persistent, and therefore needn't be guarded 24/7.  It is one of the long term goals I've set for myself in the PU.

I want to be able to say whenever I feel like it, "I'm gonna go murder some slavers, who wants to come?" and have the ability to largely sponsor the raid.
View Quote

I want to come! Very good chance that I will...
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll provide fueling
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'll provide fueling
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll provide fueling

I'll be a red shirt in the boarding party, anything but helmsmen for me, which sounds funny in a game like star citizen but I'm really quite terrible.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'll be a red shirt in the boarding party, anything but helmsmen for me, which sounds funny in a game like star citizen but I'm really quite terrible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll provide fueling

Meh.  I fly like a Frenchman drives

Credits willing, I'll actually be starting these slaver murdering raids well before I get any cap ships.  I've already got a Caterpillar and a hull C that'll be rigged out as a Q-ship as soon as the modules become available.  I'll need crew for either and both.  

I can tolerate pirates, murderers, and thieves, but I hates me some slaverz!

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Credits willing, I'll actually be starting these slaver murdering raids well before I get any cap ships.  I've already got a Caterpillar and a hull C that'll be rigged out as a Q-ship as soon as the modules become available.  I'll need crew for either and both.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll provide fueling

Shame ships that are carried as cargo have to be put in storage.  I'd have way too much fun having my Redeemer fully crewed and ready in the hold of a Q ship.  Oh, look Vanduul.

*presses button*

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#40]

I saw that on reddit
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I saw that on reddit
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I saw that on reddit

When I saw it I didn't know if I should laugh or cry
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that on reddit

Draw a ship on a napkin and mail it to vegas.  Maybe if Chris gets enough ideas he'll let them go back to developing the game.  God help us if the marines beat us to it.  Every ship will have hidden dicks drawn everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Shame ships that are carried as cargo have to be put in storage.  I'd have way too much fun having my Redeemer fully crewed and ready in the hold of a Q ship.  Oh, look Vanduul.

*presses button*

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/82/3455/640/herro.jpg

View Quote

They haven't ruled out (completely) the idea of stub fighter launchers on the C.  They're designing them with the D and E in mind, but it all depends (AIUI) on how much cargo you're willing to give up.  I'm willing to forgo cargo completely and turn the thing into a big honkin' lure with barbs and flechettes.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:25:56 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#45]

GHG just posted a pretty good size comparison vid.  Wasn't sure how big the F8 might be, but turns out it just a big larger than the Whorenet. It's gonna be armed to the teeth, but very likely fly like an elephant given the bulk.

It's just Anvil ships so no Vanguard, but comparing it to the Whorenet and the Gladiator shows its their size.  The Vanguard is roughly the size (length) of the Redeemer.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Starliner concept is coming next week!  $400
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/268886/genesis-starliner-pricing

Should be some art and whatnot coming in the next week, or friday at the latest.  Get yourself a space bus to go with the square pig hauler!

Was about to buy a new shifter for my Shelby too.... damnit
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

They better have a manual control module for emergencies. What if I have to scoop up gas with my ramjet and eject it onto enemy ships?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Jeebus Kristofferson!  $400 for what amounts to a city bus?  A fucking Greyhound shitwagon lowlife hauler holds more than 50!  

I was expecting another $200-$250ish mid-range hauler, and even at that, the price would have been substantial.  But $400?  I would really, really like a look at the formula they use to come up with these figures.  Is it just CR calling marketing and telling them, "we need another mill-fifty for mocap mohitos this week, throw something up, divide it by what you think the demand might be and call that the price."???  Do they base it on the man-hours needed to create the ship?  Or is this just numbers Ben pulls from his substantial ass?

I think I've been pretty laid back on all of this, and have already spent well more than what I could have bought a mid-grade AR with, but I'm now starting to get kind of a sour taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#50]
It's just a matter of not buying it.  It's not easy.  
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top