BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 174
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lesnik said there at the end that the pics weren't even the design they went with, hinting that the final was even cooler.  I'm just glad that it will indeed be a hauler.  Also pissed that it's coming this week, as it's a tighter than normal money week, and I'm still $140 shy of replacing the ships I melted to buy the Hulls.
View Quote

Oh, I only saw the photo posted on reddit

And yeah I know that feeling.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Lesnik said there at the end that the pics weren't even the design they went with, hinting that the final was even cooler.  I'm just glad that it will indeed be a hauler.  Also pissed that it's coming this week, as it's a tighter than normal money week, and I'm still $140 shy of replacing the ships I melted to buy the Hulls.

View Quote

Did they say it's gonna be a hauler?  Why would we need another hauler?!

I was hoping for something new. We were beat to death about cargo crap with the Hulls and I'm more than over talking about hauling anything
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was hoping for something new. We were beat to death about cargo crap with the Hulls and I'm more than over talking about hauling anything
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a stretch goal voted on by the community months and months ago.  The community had the option of several different types of ships and ended up voting on a third starter and then, I think, voted for that third starter to be a hauler.  Pretty sure this was before the Hull series was completely fleshed out.

As it is, there are orders of magnitudes more freight ships of all makes and designs sailing the waves now than all the military vessels of every country in the world.  I've always imagined it would be that way in SC.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Well it looks like the Reliant is up for sale.  They also have a new stated policy regarding LTI considering the backlash from the Gemini.  Here's hoping they stick to it.

We are announcing that these ships are in the works today because we know that many backers are concerned about having LTI on their ships. With feedback from the Starfarer Gemini sale, we’re going to establish ongoing rules for variants in advance. Going forward, the policy is that if we announce variants in advance (which we will try to do when possible) they will not be made available with LTI on release and instead CCUs will be available. If an additional variant were added beyond those listed during the base concept sale, it would be considered for a possible LTI concept sale.

2x S1 lasers
2x gimballed S3 tractors
2x s1 missile racks
30 scu

Anyhow...

Greetings Citizens,

New for model year 2946, it’s the MISC Reliant! Following on the success of the Freelancer “Built for Life” campaign, MISC has begun development of a smaller, introductory-class spacecraft that can be operated by a single pilot. Although roughly designed to compete with the RSI Aurora and the Consolidated Outland Mustang, the Reliant is a very different animal. From the broad, sleek wings to the multiple flight modes and the second, fully-articulated crew seat, the Reliant is a small ship with a great deal of potential!

The MISC Reliant makes copious use of Xi’An technology, the most ever applied to a human ship design. From a moving cockpit that slots into place depending on the flight mode to omni-directional thrusters licensed under trade agreement with Aopoa, the Reliant is one of the most ‘high tech’ ships on the market today! Advanced Xi’An metal composites make up the armored wingspan, and every control surface has been meticulously updated from those developed for the Freelancer by MISC’s internal xenotech team.

A flying wing… or is it? The Reliant changes from horizontal to vertical flight modes at the touch of a button! With a larger cargo hold than the Aurora ES or the Mustang Alpha, the Reliant is a natural choice for anyone engaging in short-haul shipping. And that cargo space also means there’s plenty of internal room to expand, allowing the placement of medical systems, weapons racks and more. Ultimately, though, the Reliant is no transport: it’s a sleek and maneuverable utility ship more than capable of holding its own during combat!

Future Variants
The standard model of the Reliant, currently nicknamed the Mini-Hauler, is designed to be a ‘jack of all trades’ ship with a slight focus on cargo transport. In truth, the base ship is more of a utility base which might be adapted to any number of purposes. Using the base Reliant, pilots can customize their ship for any number of roles, ranging from combat missions to electronic interception. Additionally, the development team is currently working on three future ship variants. Expect to see more on these ships when the base Reliant is hangar ready. Please note that these variants are very early concepts and that their specifications and purpose may change significantly as they go through the development process. Even their names are internal and not the ‘in-world’ designations they will launch with.

“Researcher” – A science-oriented model that carries internal signal dampeners and an advanced scanner suite for discovery missions.
“News Van” – Designed for deep space broadcasting, the ‘News Van’ Reliant adds an Image Enhancement Suite that helps capture every moment of lfe in the stars.
“Skirmisher” – The frontier combat version of the Reliant trades cargo for a high-yield powerplant, stronger shields and additional weapons mounts.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
That is one of their cooler designs to date.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

IMO it is very B-Wing but I like it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely.  The thing looks better sitting on the ramp than in flight config.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it's only $50...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Head on, the reliant is going to be a bastard to hit with the thin (by comparison) cross section.  Broadsides are going to tear it up like crazy though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#10]
For those who missed out on LTI versions of the previous ships,   it might not be a bad idea to pick up some of these to use for the CCU process they are working on.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Curse you, Musashi Industrial & Starflight Concern! I must have one of these ships!

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Reliant added to Arfmada sheet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I know some on here have sold on the secondary market.   I lost my job and am hunting, and that money would help a ton; so I am going to liquidate my little fleet of LTI ships and buy a few of the LTI starters to CCU with later.     I just don't want to get ripped off doing it.  

any advice?

thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know some on here have sold on the secondary market.   I lost my job and am hunting, and that money would help a ton; so I am going to liquidate my little fleet of LTI ships and buy a few of the LTI starters to CCU with later.     I just don't want to get ripped off doing it.  

any advice?

thanks in advance!

View Quote

Read the primer on r/shiptrades first.  Verified paypal only and use a middleman if the guy doesn't have a billion +1 reviews.  Also invoice via paypal.

Good luck job hunting though.  Worst case, arfmembers will be welcome to use some of my ships in the PU.  Figure I'm only investing towards the game as a present for when I'm better kind of thing.  Hit Admiral backer status today.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Read the primer on r/shiptrades first.  Verified paypal only and use a middleman if the guy doesn't have a billion +1 reviews.  Also invoice via paypal.

Good luck job hunting though.  Worst case, arfmembers will be welcome to use some of my ships in the PU.  Figure I'm only investing towards the game as a present for when I'm better kind of thing.  Hit Admiral backer status today.
View Quote

I've still got the 3 I can't/won't trade.    Idris,  Vanduul Fighter, and the AMD Racer.

I plan on selling the rest and buying one game package to replace my Col package.    Should net me some nice cash, which is awesome right now.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I came to post this. I'd bet money whoever came up with this was staring at a picture of a B-wing. Not that I'm complaining.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:48:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Couldn't resist, and gifted the package I was using for my alt to my primary, melted it, and bought a Reliant.  I shall call her "Gypsy Moth".  At some point (probably not during the LTI period, sadly) I'll figure out a way to get a non-alpha/beta package into the alt account.  Perhaps a MR and CCU to the Reliant Skirmisher.  Looks to be a better pirate choice than the Aurora LN.  

Looking at my little addiction spreadsheet (filed in the folder behind my WoT monkey) I'm now looking at another $200ish before launch to get the ships back that I melted on this little buying spree.  I'mma have to get a part time job at this rate!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#18]
So, CIG had a massive leak the other day.  They posted photos that had a nearly complete address for their file torrents on one of the videos.  Long story short, people have downloaded the FPS and other content and are datamining the hell out of it.

Some pretty awesome stuff in the works.  That Retribution class dreadnought is fucking massive.  An Idris can fit between the gap in the engines.  A Hull E isn't even the size of the control tower/command center

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm considering buying a black market javelin and jumping into the game. I'd of course need a lot of people to crew it. If you're interested I am considering it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#20]
That F8 looks like Samuel L Jackson's wallet.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm considering buying a black market javelin and jumping into the game. I'd of course need a lot of people to crew it. If you're interested I am considering it.
View Quote

I wouldn't, you'll need like 20+ people to even be moderately effective for just that ship, not to mention the support fleet, we're nowhere near that level of staffing.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I wouldn't, you'll need like 20+ people to even be moderately effective for just that ship, not to mention the support fleet, we're nowhere near that level of staffing.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

For that kind of money (javelin is $4500-7000 on current market offerings) you could buy a whole lot of ammo.  I'd stick with a constellation size ship until we can see how capital ships play, but hey it is your money.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:39:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

As the others are suggesting, I wouldn't get it, especially not on the black market. I don't know if you have an account already, but I'm 90% sure ships that cost over 1000 dollars are account bound.

If you really want it, I would say wait, they might offer it again at the anniversary sale (October~November) or, introduce another ship that might tickle your fancy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:56:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I have to agree with the guys on this one.  Going to a Javelin is kind of insane.  There are going to be several new ships coming out here soon for sale anyhow.

Figure the Reliant is on sale now with LTI till the 1st, with 5-7 other ships about to hit for concept sales.  Personally I'm interested in the Prowler since it is a dedicated stealth boarding ship.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have to agree with the guys on this one.  Going to a Javelin is kind of insane.  There are going to be several new ships coming out here soon for sale anyhow.

Figure the Reliant is on sale now with LTI till the 1st, with 5-7 other ships about to hit for concept sales.  Personally I'm interested in the Prowler since it is a dedicated stealth boarding ship.
View Quote

I have a huge thing for capital ships. I like a large ship that I can launch invasions from and take on a fleet. I like the ability to be able to sustain operations far outside resupply stations for long periods of time. I like the ability to be able to have an impact by sending out fighters, bombers, and humanitarian aid and operate largely self contained.

That's why I really want to command a capital ship. So I can say we are going here to do this and be able to sustain a full on mission and be able to bring everything I need with me from weaponry, manpower, equipment, and supplies.

That's what draws me to capital ships and that's why I really want one. I would love for you all to be able to park your craft inside the hanger and we go about doing things.

Just like in real life how aircraft carriers allow you to project power in a region a capital ship in space allows the same. These are the reasons I want one. So I can make the team stronger and allow you all to be able to operate in a mobile base of sorts.

With that all being said I took some consideration to what you all said and I'm going to wait. I'm looking for more of an aircraft carrier type capital ship. Not one just bristling with guns.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:59:05 AM EDT
[#26]
A Javelin (or at least an Idris) is my ultimate goal, but I plan to pay for it in game because no way in hell am I spending that kind of cash on one with real money. My reclaimer is going to be very busy!

The F-8 lighting does actually look pretty bad ass. I want one for sure.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:19:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

A Javelin (or at least an Idris) is my ultimate goal, but I plan to pay for it in game because no way in hell am I spending that kind of cash on one with real money.

View Quote

^This^

In any case, if you're planning on dumping a butt ton of money, don't dump it into the pockets of some scalper who isn't helping to get the game done, give it to CIG.  Buy you a mess of smaller ships for the same money--- You can always melt/CCU them later for something bigger that catches your fancy.  I doubt there's a guy here who's fleet has the same ships he started with.  Even the most OCD of us has melted ships to purchase the new thing.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

^This^

In any case, if you're planning on dumping a butt ton of money, don't dump it into the pockets of some scalper who isn't helping to get the game done, give it to CIG.  Buy you a mess of smaller ships for the same money--- You can always melt/CCU them later for something bigger that catches your fancy.  I doubt there's a guy here who's fleet has the same ships he started with.  Even the most OCD of us has melted ships to purchase the new thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A Javelin (or at least an Idris) is my ultimate goal, but I plan to pay for it in game because no way in hell am I spending that kind of cash on one with real money.

^This^

Hell, I melted my Hulls A & B and an Avenger toward my Gemini.  I picked up a 2nd Reliant to put towards my Freelancer DUR for exploring.  Who the hell knows what'll happen when the prowler or anything else comes out.

Evil one, if you are really dead set on getting a capitol ship and spending that much money...

COMBO - WAR PACK - DIGITALVIEW ALL GAME PACKAGES
Go above and beyond! This high-end package includes the entire Aurora, Mustang, 300 series, Hornet, Cutlass, Freelancer and Constellation lineups, plus an Avenger, a Gladius, a Redeemer and a Reclaimer. It also comes with a limited Idris-P Corvette ship, plus a huge amount of Hangar Decorations and 20,000 UEC Starting Money at launch.

$5,000.00 USD

IMO, the Idris got upgraded to Frigate, so there will be a new LTI corvette popping up at some point.  CIG has already said that one.  I would grab a reliant or two for CCU fodder later though.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Oooh.  Much want.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#31]
CIG's response to this leak/fuck-up will be interesting to watch.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

missile boat
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

What I'm waiting to hear is the response from the "They're just taking our money and banking it-- there's no game!" crowd.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:39:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

What I'm waiting to hear is the response from the "They're just taking our money and banking it-- there's no game!" crowd.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you've read the forums you would have seen many.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:25:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sweet jeebus, why would I do that?

Might just as well go to a feminist's meeting in a wife beater!

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:03:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#37]

CIG Ben Lesnick
wcloaf
Posted: 6:41PM
Quantum Mechanic | Quantum_Mechanic said:
[source]
Nothing in the official schedule about an official statement on the leak and how it will affect development. :

Development will continue :) We'll take some time to look at security and social media policy, but it isn't going to change how much we share or what our goals for Star Citizen are. I don't think there will be a statement beyond asking that backers please do not share content that spoils elements of Squadron 42 for other players. I've asked that the mods keep everything off of our forums, and other communities like Reddit are free to set their own rules.

AND New Freelancer whitebox comparisons

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Their response
Development will continue :) We'll take some time to look at security and social media policy, but it isn't going to change how much we share or what our goals for Star Citizen are. I don't think there will be a statement beyond asking that backers please do not share content that spoils elements of Squadron 42 for other players. I've asked that the mods keep everything off of our forums, and other communities like Reddit are free to set their own rules.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

CIG Ben Lesnick

wcloaf

[source]

Nothing in the official schedule about an official statement on the leak and how it will affect development. :

http://i.imgur.com/9v0EdxN.png

http://i.imgur.com/DvbGDRD.png

http://i.imgur.com/D7MzRtR.png

http://i.imgur.com/m1tVIOy.png

http://i.imgur.com/3hIrtmR.png

http://i.imgur.com/JwPqTWO.png

View Quote

Not sure exactly how I feel about the changes.  The 'lancer never was exactly the sleekest craft plying the 'verse, but it was sort of sleekish.  This new iteration looks more garbage truck than blockade runner. Cross-section is ginormous, and why would I need that with a Hull in the hanger?

Inside is great.  Extra room is always a plus, and the feeling is much less cramped.  But the profile isn't nearly as aesthetic. Maybe it'll grow on me.  I wasn't much of a fan of the original at first, either.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Not sure exactly how I feel about the changes.  The 'lancer never was exactly the sleekest craft plying the 'verse, but it was sort of sleekish.  This new iteration looks more garbage truck than blockade runner. Cross-section is ginormous, and why would I need that with a Hull in the hanger?

Inside is great.  Extra room is always a plus, and the feeling is much less cramped.  But the profile isn't nearly as aesthetic. Maybe it'll grow on me.  I wasn't much of a fan of the original at first, either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

CIG Ben Lesnick

wcloaf

[source]

http://i.imgur.com/9v0EdxN.png

http://i.imgur.com/DvbGDRD.png

http://i.imgur.com/D7MzRtR.png

http://i.imgur.com/m1tVIOy.png

http://i.imgur.com/3hIrtmR.png

http://i.imgur.com/JwPqTWO.png

You know it didn't dawn on me till right now.... assuming that is close to the final whitebox it seems they have done away with alot of extra polys that they can probably make up for with text and detail work. /shrug

I'll reserve judgement till I see the finished product.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I've still got the 3 I can't/won't trade.    Idris,  Vanduul Fighter, and the AMD Racer.

I plan on selling the rest and buying one game package to replace my Col package.    Should net me some nice cash, which is awesome right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it a P or and M?  If it's an M Kane is listing them at 3800 right now.  Granted they are sitting there at that price, but it's gotta be in that ballpark.  Not a bad ROI on 1k.

Is it true the original P was 1250 and the M was 1000? If so I dont get the discrepency because P's only go for around 1700.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm actually getting alot of asks from friends to go in on an upgrade of my package to completionist. If that happens I'll sell a kidney or something an pop for a Jav.

Till then the lil Idris P will have to get it done... although I am NOT complaining after seeing the new work done it. I had no idea it was going to have that sort of carrying capacity for ships! Damn thing is a mini-carrier!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:56:32 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

There's always this mystery corvette they mentioned developing too...

Wouldn't count on anymore capital ship sales though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:33:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Idris will remain a ship that'll have to wait til PU for me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:22:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Argo support craft from the leak, as well as Xi'an cargo ship, F8, and a lot of Vanduul stuff.  Full images at link below.
http://imgur.com/a/3fvrv/all

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#47]
The F8 looks pretty cool, but that's a look and don't touch ship :(

I wonder if they'll be salvageable?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#49]
So that's the FPS that's not ready enough to release to alpha?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So that's the FPS that's not ready enough to release to alpha?
View Quote

Considering there were clipping and sound issues, I'd say yeah.

Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top