Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 174
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Starfarer G (military version) is listed to go on sale tomorrow per Ben @ CIG during the new Starfarer concept sale.

Very tempted to melt my hulls A + B for one of them.  Would rather haul/scoop/refine fuel than cargo anyhow.

http://i.imgur.com/16FPD49.png
View Quote

I *WILL* be upgrading my LTI Spacecamel to a Gemini tomorrow.  Been waiting on this thing for a while.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I *WILL* be upgrading my LTI Spacecamel to a Gemini tomorrow.  Been waiting on this thing for a while.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Starfarer G (military version) is listed to go on sale tomorrow per Ben @ CIG during the new Starfarer concept sale.

Very tempted to melt my hulls A + B for one of them.  Would rather haul/scoop/refine fuel than cargo anyhow.

Hell, I just posted one of my Mustang Omega game packages up on Ship trades to see if I can get a spare few bucks just in case.  Would much prefer a tanker to hauler.  Just didn't know they were rereleasing them.

On a different note, boot up SC today.  The tutorial/flight training/boot camp mode is now in game.  Supposed to be fantastic
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Hell, I just posted one of my Mustang Omega game packages up on Ship trades to see if I can get a spare few bucks just in case.  Would much prefer a tanker to hauler.  Just didn't know they were rereleasing them.

On a different note, boot up SC today.  The tutorial/flight training/boot camp mode is now in game.  Supposed to be fantastic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After another 20+ gig download.  Sigh...
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Holy shit!
With the new patch loading times are a fraction of what they were, frame rates are up, VRAM usage is down along with CPU usage!
From my initial testing CPU usage is at 30-40%, down from 70%. Average FPS is 100fps, up from 74 in VS. And VRAM usage is at 2.7gb, down from 4gb.
i7-4770 @4.0GHz

16gb 1600MHz RAM

GTX770 4gb SLI

500gb EVO 850 w/200gb partition for SC.

ETA: I'll do some more thorough benchmarks after work tonight.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Holy shit!

With the new patch loading times are a fraction of what they were, frame rates are up, VRAM usage is down along with CPU usage!

From my initial testing CPU usage is at 30-40%, down from 70%. Average FPS is 100fps, up from 74 in VS. And VRAM usage is at 2.7gb, down from 4gb.

i7-4770 @4.0GHz
16gb 1600MHz RAM
GTX770 4gb SLI
500gb EVO 850 w/200gb partition for SC.

ETA: I'll do some more thorough benchmarks after work tonight.

View Quote

Damn, really? Time to boot it up and try myself. My 4790K/Titan X setup was getting stutter like no tomorrow on higher waves of Swarm just from running 1920x1200 on Very High. Glad to hear optimization is finally making its way in!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the Gemini is going to be $240 with LTI.  $55 for the upgrade but they haven't announced if it'll be up this sale or not.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like the Gemini is going to be $240 with LTI.  $55 for the upgrade but they haven't announced if it'll be up this sale or not.
View Quote

Where you see dis?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay I forgot about this thing for a long time. Whats the status? Can you crew a ship with NPCs? Not that I wouldn't mind joining guys just I have a shitty schedule what ship do you recommend?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#9]
You can still only drive single seat ships*.  The update that dropped this week added the tutorials which as I understand are pretty cool.

You can play against AI ships if that's all you want to do.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Where you see dis?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where you see dis?

Reddit quoting CIG.

Quoted:
Okay I forgot about this thing for a long time. Whats the status? Can you crew a ship with NPCs? Not that I wouldn't mind joining guys just I have a shitty schedule what ship do you recommend?

It's coming along nicely IMO.  Multicrew ships are still getting functionality worked out, but soon.  There are ways to get more than one guy in the Cutlass already.  The FPS module is due for release anytime now.  CIG is supposed to be talking about it later today actually.

As for game packages, really whatever one tickles your fancy.  Pretty much all of the sets right now are just beta access so you'll need to guy a $5 pass to Arena Commander, Star Marine when it comes out, etc, until they get into beta.

Well, unless you go grey market and buy a package there.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#11]
The Star-G is one of my most-wanted craft, but I'm waiting to see just how badly the cargo gets dinged. Hopefully it's not a huge amount, or I may have to stick with a standard Starfarer despite the allure of rocking Aegis Master Race while also hauling cargo.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I was looking at the ships...Why aren't those cool haulers not for sale?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
You just missed the sale.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Starfarer and its armed military variant, the Star-G, are up tonight/tomorrow. They're much cooler than the Hull-series, IMO, and are also cargo haulers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Starfarer and its armed military variant, the Star-G, are up tonight/tomorrow. They're much cooler than the Hull-series, IMO, and are also cargo haulers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll check em out thanks
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I haven't touched Sc in a long while and had to completely reinstall the game. The new tutorial is pretty well done.

Man I can't wait to strap on the Oculus (or vibe) and jump in the cockpit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'll check em out thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll check em out thanks

Yup.  Although they are probably going to be $190 and $240 respectively.

Not a "for sale" thing, but I do have a AMD Mustang Omega (racing) package I'd part with, or you could get the anniversary Aurora package on r/shiptrades for around $50
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#19]
HYPER VANGUARD FORCE!  Arcade game

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14704-Hyper-Vanguard-Force

blue-steel | blue-steel said:
[source]
@wcloaf -

Why is this the only variant sale that has LTI. I was not offered LTI when the lancer varients or the connie varients came out.

At this point why keep up the pretense of caring about the promises you made during the kickstarter and just put lti on everything.

I'll go ahead and answer that one before the concern thread: the Starfarer Gemini is significantly 'better' in several ways than the standard Starfarer (there are some tradeoffs, especially in core carrying capacity... but there are enough areas where it's different that people will immediately think it's better.) It's also a ship constructed from the ground up for this purpose rather than modified from an existing chassis. With those things in mind, it seems unfair to only allow early backers to have an LTI version. (Similarly, the folks who are most likely to buy it are the ones who have been collecting lots of ships from the start... and they'll probably also be the ones who want both rather than be forced to upgrade.)
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll get the starfarer looks pretty sharp. When do you know they go on sale and where do you add it to the cart?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll get the starfarer looks pretty sharp. When do you know they go on sale and where do you add it to the cart?
View Quote

Should be in the CIG store when it pops up.  Sometime in the next 2 hours I assume, and should run for a week solid.  The Gemini will have lifetime insurance, but the regular starfarer wont.  

You'll need to get a game package, otherwise you won't be able to play, just have a ship.  No idea if they are going to do packages on them though.  They didn't for the Hull sale.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Should be in the CIG store when it pops up.  Sometime in the next 2 hours I assume, and should run for a week solid.  The Gemini will have lifetime insurance, but the regular starfarer wont.  

You'll need to get a game package, otherwise you won't be able to play, just have a ship.  No idea if they are going to do packages on them though.  They didn't for the Hull sale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool Cool won't be able to play for awhile anyway I'll need to save for a joystick
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Cool Cool won't be able to play for awhile anyway I'll need to save for a joystick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep an eye on Amazon.  They occasionally have the X55 HOTAS in warehouse damaged box deals for ~$150, which is $50 off the normal price.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Keep an eye on Amazon.  They occasionally have the X55 HOTAS in warehouse damaged box deals for ~$150, which is $50 off the normal price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Went snooping around and came across some interesting news SC is apparently going to try and make their own hotas

Oh and I now own the starfarer G
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Went snooping around and came across some interesting news SC is apparently going to try and make their own hotas

Oh and I now own the starfarer G
View Quote

Nice.

I'm trying not to buy any more, I'm already at the concierge level.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#26]
So, these are the differences between the Starfarer and Gemini.

-Gemini comes with a missile pod that can replace the fuel scoop.  Modular unit though.
-Starfarer has ~900 more cargo units (3321 vs 2488)
-Gemini has a size 7 power plant (vs 6)
-Gemini size 4 shield vs 3

No other listed differences in ship specs.  IMO I'm going with a Gemini.  Available until the 18th.  Considering it can mount standard cargo and fuel modules, the ~2500 scu blows the 384 scu of my Hull B out of the water.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:14:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

-Gemini comes with a missile pod that can replace the fuel scoop.  Modular unit though.

No other listed differences in ship specs.  IMO I'm going with a Gemini.  Available until the 18th.  Considering it can mount standard cargo and fuel modules, the ~2500 scu blows the 384 scu of my Hull B out of the water.
View Quote

The damn Gemini has a bigger turrets, bigger shields, and a bigger power plant than the Retaliator.

It's becoming hard to stay a Caterpillar and Retaliator owner.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The damn Gemini has a bigger turrets, bigger shields, and a bigger power plant than the Retaliator.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember though, they are redoing the Retaliator and Freelancer right now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I wish I was rich and could buy a destroyer
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Starfarers are going to be sloooowww. It's a fleet support ship. An AOE with self protection and a bit of strike with the missile pack.

Pass
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 1:23:55 AM EDT
[#32]
New Connie WIP

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 4:24:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually totally playable with a mouse and keyboard (and actually, a mouse is a lot more effective at the moment... a point of contention of the forums and the subreddit). So no need to wait for a stick to play.

I did this shit with a mouse and a Gladius:

25:30 for Wave 18's worth a watch. The Vanduul missile spam is real.

Quoted:

Well, a Gemini can't frag an Idris with a full load a torpedoes. A Retaliator technically can if you land them all on target. That's some serious fucking firepower.

A Caterpillar though, yeah, I'd swap for a Gemini all day.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Oooh and the Starfarer and Gemini are going to be able to carry dry cargo too.  Well this is officially going to be my hauler.  Goodbye Hull A and B

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#35]
What I really want to know is does that lessened cargo come from the spacious interior cargo space being totally wiped out. If that's the case, and you can only carry external.... Eeehhhhh. Sort of want, but might go back to the plan of waiting for a Starfarer CCU for my Super Brick.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 4:52:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What I really want to know is does that lessened cargo come from the spacious interior cargo space being totally wiped out. If that's the case, and you can only carry external.... Eeehhhhh. Sort of want, but might go back to the plan of waiting for a Starfarer CCU for my Super Brick.
View Quote

I didn't think they were supposed to have a ton of internal cargo
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 5:36:02 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm either going to just upgrade my current Starfarer to a G or melt my Yacht down and get a 2nd Star-G as well.  

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Starfarers are going to be sloooowww. It's a fleet support ship. An AOE with self protection and a bit of strike with the missile pack.

Pass
View Quote

I know I"m a noob to this one but the starfarer with LTI would be gold to for any corp that does any sort of space action.

Also where the hell is my SF? Its not in my hangar
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Well, I upgraded my SF to a SF-G as well.  I'm soooooooo close to concierge it's not even funny at this point.

Glad my wife doesn't know.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I know I"m a noob to this one but the starfarer with LTI would be gold to for any corp that does any sort of space action.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pass

The SF isn't hangar ready yet and likely won't be for a couple/few months.  If it makes you feel any better I've got one ship in my inventory for almost two years and it's miles away from hangar ready still.

An unofficial, but pretty current, list of the status of all the ships is in this spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tnx5w5EwJw23lPYhHdlHs5g/htmlview
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite a bit, actually. When its stats were listed in freight units, that entire amount was just internal cargo; they didn't include under slung cargo modules. The whole bottom area forward of the fuel tanks was cargo. They even talked about the possibility of being able to fit a small fighter in that cargo area.

I'm wondering if that disappears on the Gemini. If so I might want to go regular Starfarer. Got till the 18th so I guess I'll wait till there are more details out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

If the ship isn't hangar ready, it won't be in the hangar. For most expensive ships I think you get a loaner Hornet to fly until it's hangar-ready, though. You should see Anvil F7C in the ship select screen on Free Flight/Swarm/Competitive, and it should also be available on the holotable for configuration, although you won't see it in the hangar. I've got a loaner Hornet until the Vanguard is ready to fly, for example.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Edit:  This is the standard NEW Starfarer.  The Gemini is supposed to be a lot meaner and revealed tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/OJ9oSUd.png

http://i.imgur.com/U4mSxgm.png
View Quote

I was really hoping for some detail on the Gem, but even now it looks like the same art and the stats are ludicrously close.  I expect the SF will either be nerfed (weaponwise) or the Gem will get more.  All I've seen so far is an optional missile pod for the front.

That being said there is a TON of blowback on CIG right now for making the Gem sale LTI.  People are feeling like its a cash grab, and right now It's pretty hard to argue that point. The SF seemed like a relatively rare ship that only the "I wanna mine/crafT" crowd really jumped on, and now of course they are everywhere from the look of it.

All that being said OF COURSE I got one, but holding off on the standard SF.  If I do decide to upgrade my core package later the next one comes with it +LTI.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I was really hoping for some detail on the Gem, but even now it looks like the same art and the stats are ludicrously close.  I expect the SF will either be nerfed (weaponwise) or the Gem will get more.  All I've seen so far is an optional missile pod for the front.

That being said there is a TON of blowback on CIG right now for making the Gem sale LTI.  People are feeling like its a cash grab, and right now It's pretty hard to argue that point. The SF seemed like a relatively rare ship that only the "I wanna mine/crafT" crowd really jumped on, and now of course they are everywhere from the look of it.

All that being said OF COURSE I got one, but holding off on the standard SF.  If I do decide to upgrade my core package later the next one comes with it +LTI.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:  This is the standard NEW Starfarer.  The Gemini is supposed to be a lot meaner and revealed tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/OJ9oSUd.png
http://i.imgur.com/U4mSxgm.png

Yup.  I'm buying one before the butthurt gets CIG to nerf the LTI.  They are doing Q&A posts through the week, so there might be more answers.  Either way, it hauls more than my hull a or b by far, so I'll be happy even if I'm not using it as a tanker.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#45]
You don't think they'll take the LTI away from it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I honestly don't think CIG would be silly enough to do it to the ones that have sold already.  That would piss off way more people than the original backers.  Honestly, if they did I'd sorely consider melting/selling most of my stuff and going down to my regular Avenger package.  The missus would be happy if I did too  Hell, the only reason I'm backing so much is that it gives me something to look forward to when the docs get me patched up.  Otherwise, I'd call myself insane right now.

Edit:

I went in and added the 315P, 325A, Gemini, and Hull series to the ship chart and set to update totals like the rest of the sheet.  Other than the different Mustang types, I think that is everything.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yxbiR54X2Evh5nUh-wy-UdUelIdb1O0ENgl14IPRsXk/edit#gid=0
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:05:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be a bigger shitstorm than EdSr selling Arfcom to Organizing for America. No way. They might take it easy with the LTI and go back to only concept sales (which they should, c'mon), but stuff that's already out or on sale I'm sure they'll leave alone.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I honestly don't think CIG would be silly enough to do it to the ones that have sold already.  That would piss off way more people than the original backers.  Honestly, if they did I'd sorely consider melting/selling most of my stuff and going down to my regular Avenger package.  The missus would be happy if I did too  Hell, the only reason I'm backing so much is that it gives me something to look forward to when the docs get me patched up.  Otherwise, I'd call myself insane right now.

Edit:

I went in and added the 315P, 325A, Gemini, and Hull series to the ship chart and set to update totals like the rest of the sheet.  Other than the different Mustang types, I think that is everything.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yxbiR54X2Evh5nUh-wy-UdUelIdb1O0ENgl14IPRsXk/edit#gid=0
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit:

Ahh! So that's the Armada list?  Do we just edit to add our stuff or do you do all the edits?

I think the wife would be happy if I lit my computer on fire at the moment, so at least you've got company

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Oooh bombers I'm definitely going to pick up a retaliator
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

That would be a bigger shitstorm than EdSr selling Arfcom to Organizing for America. No way. They might take it easy with the LTI and go back to only concept sales (which they should, c'mon), but stuff that's already out or on sale I'm sure they'll leave alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly! I don't see a snowballs chance they'll pull LTI from G's already sold.

Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top