User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 174
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They have free fly events from time to time.  Really just have to watch and wait for one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never looked in to this game before but is there a way to play without spending 70 or 45 dollars?
They have free fly events from time to time.  Really just have to watch and wait for one.
Should be one in the next few weeks when 3.9 gets pushed to open servers.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's not limited to software, but at some point you have to accept nothing will ever be perfect. You don't have a bottomless well of money. Weren't they down to something like 30 million in 2017 before they got another ~50 mil investment? At a burn rate of $40-50 million a year how much do they have left? How many more digital tchotchkis can they sell? Nothing works yet, there isn't a playable base game, and there are still years of development ahead. How will they pay for it all?
View Quote
Yeah, I know, you push for perfection but 90% perfect is a win.  And they know it, too.  But you've played the game, you know it ain't there yet.  Just don't let your expectations set deadlines...the whole point is to say fuck the deadlines, do it right.  Not perfect, but right.

Their annual burnrate is really close to their annual earnings.  Down to $30M?  They've never had that much cash (although I haven't actually looked in the last couple of years, the numbers were from EU financial statements though if you care to Google it).  It's not like they got handed 200-whatever million all at once, it's all been earned, and spent, over time.  Not sure how their one investor's cash plays into it, although I guess that would put them over the $30M mark at least briefly.

How will they pay for it all?  The same way they have since Day 1, ship sales.  I don't think they'll bring on any more investors before it launches.  After that?  Not sure.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a confession to make.  I don't want to make it but it is what it is. I keep coming back to play this stupid game.  It keeps breaking on me and screwing me over in new ways nearly constantly, but I keep trying and making mental notes every time about what not to do to cause a problem to trigger.

I don't want to admit it after all the shit I talked but despite it's broken as fuck state, I keep trying to find ways to avoid the massive problems, so I can make progress...that must mean something.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a confession to make.  I don't want to make it but it is what it is. I keep coming back to play this stupid game.  It keeps breaking on me and screwing me over in new ways nearly constantly, but I keep trying and making mental notes every time about what not to do to cause a problem to trigger.

I don't want to admit it after all the shit I talked but despite it broken as fuck state, I keep trying to find ways to avoid the massive problems, so I can make progress...that must mean something.
View Quote
This might help

Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't want to admit it after all the shit I talked but despite it's broken as fuck state, I keep trying to find ways to avoid the massive problems, so I can make progress...that must mean something.
View Quote
I have a hard time playing with it in it's current state but I still come back every few weeks and have since it was just Arena Commander all those years ago.  Although admittedly I probably had close to 800 hours in AC alone

Now that the flight model is the way it is AC bores me so I've been kinda just messing around with the bug filled PU every few weeks.  After all these years I think I know why I keep coming back for the abuse.  I see potential, a shit load of it.  And while they are few and far between I have had some pretty epic moments with my friends PVPing, first around Security Point Kareah, then Grim Hex and most recently Jump Town.  Those spontaneous dog fights with multi crew ships in a large open universe against real players gives glimpses of what may come to pass and that is what has kept my interest.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
And yes that is accurate
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]

The way I see it, is that a group of lucky programmers have found a way to have career long job security. By holding out a carrack carrot over and over again. Delivering just enough easy stuff to keep the money flowing in.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#9]
As mentioned previously, need to fund new ac unit and summer is getting closer.   Anyone interested in buying any of my ships?  I have the following available:

RSI POLARIS - LTIDRAKE HERALD - LTI
AEGIS REDEEMER - LTI
ORIGIN 890 JUMP - LTI
ORIGIN M50 INTERCEPTOR - LTI
IDRIS-P CORVETTE - LTI  have aftermarket kit not applied
XI'AN SCOUT - KHARTU - LTI
BANU MERCHANTMAN - LTI
MISC STARFARER TANKER - LTI
AEGIS DYNAMICS RETALIATOR HEAVY BOMBER - LTI
ANVIL GLADIATOR BOMBER - LTI

Game Packages
FREELANCER - LTI upgraded to MIS
REAR ADMIRAL - LTI  have upgrade to Phoenix not applied
COLONEL - LTI upgraded to Super Hornet
LIGHTSPEED - LTI
AMD NEVER SETTLE SPACE EDITION

all of these are transferrable

If there is a good place online to sell these, please let me know.

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Reddit's star citizen ship sales is pretty decent, it's where I sold a bunch of stuff.  That said, expect to get maybe 75% of melt price unless it's either super rare or the price has spiked a lot.

The AMD Omega is a rarity and worth a pretty penny though.  Last I saw they were $100-150+ on there.  You'll never be able to get it back though, and make sure it's not where your game package came from.  Otherwise you'll kinda get locked out until you get another package.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As mentioned previously, need to fund new ac unit and summer is getting closer.   Anyone interested in buying any of my ships?  I have the following available:

RSI POLARIS - LTIDRAKE HERALD - LTI
AEGIS REDEEMER - LTI
ORIGIN 890 JUMP - LTI
ORIGIN M50 INTERCEPTOR - LTI
IDRIS-P CORVETTE - LTI  have aftermarket kit not applied
XI'AN SCOUT - KHARTU - LTI
BANU MERCHANTMAN - LTI
MISC STARFARER TANKER - LTI
AEGIS DYNAMICS RETALIATOR HEAVY BOMBER - LTI
ANVIL GLADIATOR BOMBER - LTI

Game Packages
FREELANCER - LTI upgraded to MIS
REAR ADMIRAL - LTI  have upgrade to Phoenix not applied
COLONEL - LTI upgraded to Super Hornet
LIGHTSPEED - LTI
AMD NEVER SETTLE SPACE EDITION

all of these are transferrable

If there is a good place online to sell these, please let me know.

thanks!
View Quote
I've never heard of the COLONEL package, but I am interested in a Superhornet.  Tell me more?
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Reddit's star citizen ship sales is pretty decent, it's where I sold a bunch of stuff.  That said, expect to get maybe 75% of melt price unless it's either super rare or the price has spiked a lot.

The AMD Omega is a rarity and worth a pretty penny though.  Last I saw they were $100-150+ on there.  You'll never be able to get it back though, and make sure it's not where your game package came from.  Otherwise you'll kinda get locked out until you get another package.
View Quote
Holy crap! I've got like 4 or 5 of those, but I converted them all to other ships. Cheap ships.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've never heard of the COLONEL package, but I am interested in a Superhornet.  Tell me more?
View Quote
Comes with the

Aeroview Hangar
F7C-M SUPER HORNET
ALSO CONTAINSStarting Money: 5,000 UEC
Lifetime Insurance
Deluxe Green Collector's Box
Spaceship-shaped USB Drive
CD of Game Soundtrack
Glossy Fold-up Star Map
Hardback Squadron 42 Manual
Legacy Alpha
Squadron 42 Digital Download
Star Citizen Digital Download
Digital Star Citizen Manual
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#14]
So after everyone said this game is on yet I decided to try my hand in Eve Online. Goooood lord I hope this game is easier than this mess.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So after everyone said this game is on yet I decided to try my hand in Eve Online. Goooood lord I hope this game is easier than this mess.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Pretty much. Just been playing around with the missions and trying out my destroyer. Not too bad.

Now I have a Cruiser but can’t afford to outfit it ??
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:03:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dino, please see IM.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Dino, please see IM.
View Quote
replied, sorry not used to checking those

What is the best method to do payment from those who have sold?   Not worried so much about guys on here, but if I wind up selling on reddit, how do I avoid getting scammed?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

replied, sorry not used to checking those

What is the best method to do payment from those who have sold?   Not worried so much about guys on here, but if I wind up selling on reddit, how do I avoid getting scammed?
View Quote
No biggy.  There are 'grey market' places that specialize in Star Citizen resales (I think "Star-Hanger" is one); I don't think that they are scam-proof, but they should have processes in place to help minimize it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No biggy.  There are 'grey market' places that specialize in Star Citizen resales (I think "Star-Hanger" is one); I don't think that they are scam-proof, but they should have processes in place to help minimize it.
View Quote
Yeah I sent an email to Kane on reddit.  I actually purchased one of my packages I can't trade from him and it worked really well.
Page / 174
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top