BCM
User Panel

Page / 174
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
to control the gimbals

Edit: like an Apache gunner controlling his gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

once the rift becomes viable mouse players will be on the run

I don't get your reasoning.  It's the same mechanic/muscle grouping regardless how the game is viewed.

Only thing better than a mouse would be the leap thingy and control gestures/sign language.

to control the gimbals

I tried it with Track IR and couldn't get it as quick and accurate as a mouse.  Aiming with your head is not fine motor skills like using your wrist.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I tried it with Track IR and couldn't get it as quick and accurate as a mouse.  Aiming with your head is not fine motor skills like using your wrist.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
once the rift becomes viable mouse players will be on the run

I don't get your reasoning.  It's the same mechanic/muscle grouping regardless how the game is viewed.

Only thing better than a mouse would be the leap thingy and control gestures/sign language.

to control the gimbals

Maybe you're not doing it right.

Have you tried this training video? https://youtu.be/kmUsPrJjsfc?t=44m51s

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:42:07 AM EDT
[#3]
For the newer people who haven't joined the squadron

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/THE87TH

And then add your ships on here so we have a decent running tally.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yxbiR54X2Evh5nUh-wy-UdUelIdb1O0ENgl14IPRsXk/edit#gid=0

We have also started doing practices and such on Arena Commander.
If you want more details, feel free to pm Jaster, Slick, or myself and we can figure out time schedules and get you guys on teamspeak with us!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:46:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm alive. Just moved into a new house finally after having the shottiest internet known to man for 7 months. As Rubic said we've started doing some squadron stuff in game. We'd love to have everyone in here come by Teamspeak and get a few rounds in.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm alive. Just moved into a new house finally after having the shottiest internet known to man for 7 months. As Rubic said we've started doing some squadron stuff in game. We'd love to have everyone in here come by Teamspeak and get a few rounds in.
View Quote

What's the TS server info?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM'd
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Changed the banner and background of the Org page on RSI. If anyone has anything they want to toss up there post it on up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I watched a negative nelly video on Youtube that brought up the concern that corps are going to conquer  and carve out parts of the
PU for themselves and a privateer wont be able to move without being

extorted or 'gang raped' at every turn.

Would the "privacy slider" allow you to pass thru a controlled sector unnoticed?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I watched a negative nelly video on Youtube that brought up the concern that corps are going to conquer  and carve out parts of thePU for themselves and a privateer wont be able to move without being

Would the "privacy slider" allow you to pass thru a controlled sector unnoticed?
View Quote

Pretty sure they have specifically said they do not intend to allow orgs to control sectors of space like EVE.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Pretty sure they have specifically said they do not intend to allow orgs to control sectors of space like EVE.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I watched a negative nelly video on Youtube that brought up the concern that corps are going to conquer  and carve out parts of thePU for themselves and a privateer wont be able to move without being

I'm not horribly worried about that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Players are out numbered 100 to 1 so.....I doubt even the goon squad could take and carve a sector of planets out for themselves
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Players are 10% of the universe's population.  Add the PVP/PVE slider's ability to go all the way down to 10%, and the process of instancing preventing any org from guaranteeing that they've got enough numbers in a given chunk of space to discomfit an Aurora, and you get an overwhelmingly unlikely possibility of any org managing anything like that.  If that doesn't do it for you, CR has stated that the game is being designed to deliberately prevent such actions.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:59:42 AM EDT
[#13]
For Gamescon

The following ships will be available for purchase from representatives on site, and will come with a physical ‘ship registration’ certificate suitable for framing.
Aegis Retaliator
Anvil Carrack
Drake Caterpillar
RSI Orion
Aegis Reclaimer
Khartu-al (Xi’an Scout)
Banu Merchantman
These ships will also be available online during the event for those that can not attend.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For Gamescon

The following ships will be available for purchase from representatives on site, and will come with a physical ‘ship registration’ certificate suitable for framing.
Aegis Retaliator
Anvil Carrack
Drake Caterpillar
RSI Orion
Aegis Reclaimer
Khartu-al (Xi’an Scout)
Banu Merchantman
These ships will also be available online during the event for those that can not attend.
View Quote

Did they do anything stateside like that?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Players are 10% of the universe's population.  Add the PVP/PVE slider's ability to go all the way down to 10%, and the process of instancing preventing any org from guaranteeing that they've got enough numbers in a given chunk of space to discomfit an Aurora, and you get an overwhelmingly unlikely possibility of any org managing anything like that.  If that doesn't do it for you, CR has stated that the game is being designed to deliberately prevent such actions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That brings up another concern about instancing......say I enter a sector thru a wormhole with a cargo delivery.......how is a pilot supposed to know whether to turn tail and run if he can't see a hostile destroyer/fleet between him and a landing pad?  Assuming a pilot chooses to chance it and make the run.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

That brings up another concern about instancing......say I enter a sector thru a wormhole with a cargo delivery.......how is a pilot supposed to know whether to turn tail and run if he can't see a hostile destroyer/fleet between him and a landing pad?  Assuming a pilot chooses to chance it and make the run.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As I understand it, seeing from instance to instance is possible.  Not a programmer, so I don't have any idea how they plan to do this.  There shouldn't be any mysterious popping in of enemies from nowhere. (accounting for the limits of their stealthing ability)

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wormhole exits should be large enough to give your sensors space to work, with the ideal situation being you can detect the potential attackers and evade as needed.
But there will be the counter of someone in a stealth ship sneaking up on you and disabling your avionics via Suckerpunches or similar weapons.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#18]
God I hope the Gamescon sale runs for a week, but it is sounding like it'll be just for during the show.  The BMM just looks kickass but I don't get paid till the 15th

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:25:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm interested in the mining ship and tali. I'll get these and then melt them to CCU my two reliants. Just use them as place holders till you can CCU for LTI tali and orion

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:44:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm interested in the mining ship and tali. I'll get these and then melt them to CCU my two reliants. Just use them as place holders till you can CCU for LTI tali and orion
View Quote

Spec wise, I think the BMM is better than the Tali , but I'm not planning on heavy combat for my bigger ships though.  Tali would make a hell of a blockade runner though.

BMM is 30m longer, holds 50x the cargo for only 2 more crew stations, bigger engines, S7 shield (vs S3) although the Tali does beat it by 4x manned turrets and 4x missile racks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:48:42 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm just not a trader and tend not to do trading so I don't really see any usefulness in a MM for me
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:56:31 AM EDT
[#22]
So it sounds like the ship sale will ONLY be during the event, with sales starting around 9am PST and running till around 2 if I did my time zone conversion from Germany to PST right.

Doors open at 5 PM local time for Subscribers and Concierge members and 6 PM for all other backers.

Estimated prices based on the last sale, but will probably be about $25-50 higher as CIG has stated that repeat ship sales will increase price.:

Aegis Retaliator - $275
Anvil Carrack - $350
Drake Caterpillar - $225
RSI Orion - $325
Aegis Reclaimer - $350
Khartu-al (Xi’an Scout) - $150
Banu Merchantman - $250

Edit:  Okay this kind of burns my ass a little.  No consideration about other time zones, just a 'if you miss it, fuck off' basically.  Considering I have my Gemini, I'm probably going to pass on this sale.  Wouldn't mind a Carrack, but can get it in the PU.

CIG Disco Lando | DiscoLando-CIG said:
[source]
Additional Info:

Concierge/Subscribers are getting into the event an hour early and therefore the store an hour early.
All folks attending the event will get an opportunity to buy ships in the Concierge Store.
All announced ships come with 2-Year Insurance.
Announced ships will be available to all Citizens via the website DURING the event.
Prices will be very similar or the same as they were when they were first sold (before applicable taxes like VAT.)
The exact duration of the sale will cover slightly before and after the Ewerk event. (Think 16:00 GMT to 22:00 GMT on August 7th, but TIMES ARE NOT FINAL.)
These are individual ship sales and not packages.
These are not CCU sales, as they are not being added to Arena Commander at this time.

Quoted:
I'm just not a trader and tend not to do trading so I don't really see any usefulness in a MM for me
View Quote

Fair enough.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:06:03 AM EDT
[#23]
so 1200 eastern to 2200 Friday?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:11:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
so 1200 eastern to 2200 Friday?
View Quote

Looks like it.  Just ran a converter online to double check.

LocationLocal timeTime zoneUTC offset
Berlin (Germany - Berlin)Monday, August 3, 2015 at 6:00:00 PMCESTUTC+2 hours
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California)Monday, August 3, 2015 at 9:00:00 AMPDTUTC-7 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT)Monday, August 3, 2015 at 16:00:00  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd pick me up a Reclaimer, but since it's not rendered yet, I wouldn't be able to live in it, having spent the rent money and being homeless and all.

It does look like the Caterpillar is $20 off of what Mine cost, though.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Ok. So I own the 105 dollar Gladius, which is a Fighter. Right?

You guys know WAY more about Star Citizen than I do.

What should I buy now? I'm thinking 300 dollars will be my limit. I'm thinking of kinda a multi-role ship? I'm not looking to spend 1,000s of actual dollars on this game when it's all said and down. I think 500-600 will be my max, ever, for ships at least.

A few weeks ago, I was thinking of picking up a Constellation Andromeda because of the "multi-role" the game describes it being. That whole smuggling thing sounded like alot of fun, but I don't want just a cargo ship, I want to be a cargo ship that is formidable.

Just seeing what your guys thoughts are? If any opinions have changed.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What should I buy now? I'm thinking 300 dollars will be my limit. I'm thinking of kinda a multi-role ship? I'm not looking to spend 1,000s of actual dollars on this game when it's all said and down. I think 500-600 will be my max, ever, for ships at least.

A few weeks ago, I was thinking of picking up a Constellation Andromeda because of the "multi-role" the game describes it being. That whole smuggling thing sounded like alot of fun, but I don't want just a cargo ship, I want to be a cargo ship that is formidable.

View Quote

The Retaliator looks to be one of the ships that'll be on sale during gamescon.  $275.  Should cover you from cargo runs to going after capital ships.  Constellation is also a good bet for multirole and is always available.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The Retaliator looks to be one of the ships that'll be on sale during gamescon.  $275.  Should cover you from cargo runs to going after capital ships.  Constellation is also a good bet for multirole and is always available.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool.

I just have to be online right when the sale is going on right?

I bought a fighter weeks ago, I'm just not really sure what should be next on the ship purchase priorities.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Cool.

I just have to be online right when the sale is going on right?

I bought a fighter weeks ago, I'm just not really sure what should be next on the ship purchase priorities.
View Quote

There are two types of limited sales:  Limited quantity and limited duration.  So far only there have only been a handful of limited quantity ships (the Scythe and Idris most notably) the rest have been limited duration.  The limited duration ships have typically been on sale for about a week at at time.

I thought you had to pick up the ships for sale at GamesCon in Cologne but I may be wrong.  Even if it's not available to purchase here then based on past experience the Retaliator should be available for sale when it goes flight ready which would be Soon (tm) when Arena Commander 2.0 goes live.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Gamescom happens this coming friday, right?

Ironically, I get out of work at noon that day.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Gamescom happens this coming friday, right?  

Ironically, I get out of work at noon that day.

View Quote

The ships will be on sale only during the Gamescon sale period in Germany.  No time adjustments, so you'll have to pick it up while they're actually over there selling.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:53:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, I set my phone to aleet me at 12pm EST on the 7th.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Spec wise, I think the BMM is better than the Tali , but I'm not planning on heavy combat for my bigger ships though.  Tali would make a hell of a blockade runner though.

BMM is 30m longer, holds 50x the cargo for only 2 more crew stations, bigger engines, S7 shield (vs S3) although the Tali does beat it by 4x manned turrets and 4x missile racks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Tali is going to be used as a heavy interdiction / heavy escort. Obviously I'll have a couple snubfighters along for the escort but the Tali as an interdictor lags behind until something worth a few Clear Skies shows up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My Tali is going to be used as a heavy interdiction / heavy escort. meatshield for Slicks Connie, carrying the real cargo. Obviously I'll have a couple snubfighters along for the escort but the Tali as an interdictor lags behind until something worth a few Clear Skies shows up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Tali is going to be used as a heavy interdiction / heavy escort. meatshield for Slicks Connie, carrying the real cargo. Obviously I'll have a couple snubfighters along for the escort but the Tali as an interdictor lags behind until something worth a few Clear Skies shows up.

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My Tali is going to be used as a heavy interdiction / heavy escort. Obviously I'll have a couple snubfighters along for the escort but the Tali as an interdictor lags behind until something worth a few Clear Skies shows up.
View Quote

Mine is named the Danger Close.  I think that speaks for my plans.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#36]
CIG and Saitek/MadKatz announced that they are officially making a SC HOTAS a little bit ago.

I'm not going to be able to get a tali or bmm, but a couple paychecks down the line I'll pick up another Redeemer.  If I knew I was going to get a job so soon after selling mine, I would have held off.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I fully expect to be loaning my ships out to folks I know when I'm not playing them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I fully expect to be loaning my ships out to folks I know when I'm not playing them.
View Quote

Same here. I've got a couple of multi-crew freighters (okay, 5) and a mess of single seaters.  No way I can fly them all, and particularly the LTI ships, I'll be loaning to org mates as needed.  Possibly for a cut of the proceeds, possibly as rentals.  Possibly just in exchange for flying the damned things on missions I'm running.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Same here. I've got a couple of multi-crew freighters (okay, 5) and a mess of single seaters.  No way I can fly them all, and particularly the LTI ships, I'll be loaning to org mates as needed.  Possibly for a cut of the proceeds, possibly as rentals.  Possibly just in exchange for flying the damned things on missions I'm running.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Before the PU launches I want to add a Freelancer DUR, Redeemer, and probably one or two other ships to my hangar.  For the most part, I'll be doing the same since I can't run all my ships at once

Now if it is feasible to have AI guys hired and running your ships (CIG has said it's in the works) , think about the absolutely fucktarded cargo run ALL of Arf could do at once.   87 billion tons of cargo in one trip, mostly space bacon and ammo forts.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#40]
a BMM coming to your Orion to pick up ore to sell at a market seems to make sense.... Hmmmmm
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:39:43 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Aye, me too
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 1:42:20 AM EDT
[#42]
They are pushing the 1.1.6 patch tomorrow and apparently doing the freaking multicrew demo at Gamescon on Friday
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

They are pushing the 1.1.6 patch tomorrow and apparently doing the freaking multicrew demo at Gamescon on Friday
View Quote

Didn't they do a multicrew demo last E3?

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not this past E3, but they've shown a vertical slice of some stuff involving a Connie getting attacked.  

What they show tomorrow should be the actual game client doing it's thing.  They've gotten the 64 bit maps completed or near enough that it doesn't matter and I was under the impression that was the one thing keeping multi-crew from working properly.

Either way, from what I've read from various news outlets reporting on Gamescon, some press has already seen all or a portion of the demo and THEY are saying we don't want to miss it.  I'm pumped!
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The multi crew they showed last time was a demo only line that didn't have local zones working like they will in AC 2.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#46]
I sent my application to the 87th a few days ago. You guys sleeping or something? lol
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I sent my application to the 87th a few days ago. You guys sleeping or something? lol
View Quote

It would be nice if the 87th Command hierarchy were more active or had more people to edit the org's look or approve membership.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It would be nice if the 87th Command hierarchy were more active or had more people to edit the org's look or approve membership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Org leader just got out of months of hotel wifi. As soon as he's finished catching up on 6 months of HD midget porn, he'll start checking stuff.

Actually, some of us are active. But I've only seen org activity by the same group of people and we're all on the same ts. I check applications once a week and I'll approve yours when I get home.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Can someone send me a link for the TS server?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got ya in.

I don't go to the main site much honestly. I avoid the official forums like a plague, so not much else to go onto the rsi site for, except check whenever I think of it for applications.
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top