Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 174
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Well it was neat and dead sexy but I melted it down for the Scoundrels pack and another Prospector.  I had a hunch I wouldn't keep it but I wanted to check it out firsthand.

Went with the Scoundrels pack because having a Cat with LTI seems like a good safety net if I end up broke at some point.  Transporting 500+ CU's at a time without having to screw around transporting them from a larger transport 'by hand' is tough to beat.  Cutlass Black is a nice ship too, the rest probably won't get used much.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a fresh install yesterday. As soon as I get some free time, I'll try to get my hotas setup. I think all I have is a super hornet and stock Connie.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did a fresh install yesterday. As soon as I get some free time, I'll try to get my hotas setup. I think all I have is a super hornet and stock Connie.
View Quote
Not a bad start.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
The connie is really underperforming at the moment.  It's still a good ship but for what it costs it could use some love.

The devs aren't really worried about balance at the moment but I'm pretty sure it will see a buff some day.  If so it's not a terrible platform and should be a decent all around ship.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:54:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The connie is really underperforming at the moment.  It's still a good ship but for what it costs it could use some love.

The devs aren't really worried about balance at the moment but I'm pretty sure it will see a buff some day.  If so it's not a terrible platform and should be a decent all around ship.
View Quote
I haven't played in a long time, but I'm hoping that eventually we'll see ship mods and parts available that will let the Connie really shine with it's 50+ missiles.

A ship like that, and some of the other bigger ships, needs a station installed for a dedicated missile gunnery officer. Something that would let the Connie, if a player was in the station, conduct missile lock on multiple targets at once.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:21:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Current fleet, subject to change

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Some disappointing SC news

Link Posted: 1/28/2020 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4SgyigP1dk
View Quote
Just looks like a refocusing to me.  Maybe some rework...we were promised if they decided they did something wrong they'd build it back from the ground up to fix it, if need be.

I ain't worried none.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
How'd you do that? I wouldn't mind having one of those for my own fleet.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just looks like a refocusing to me.  Maybe some rework...we were promised if they decided they did something wrong they'd build it back from the ground up to fix it, if need be.

I ain't worried none.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4SgyigP1dk

I ain't worried none.
Disappointing because I was looking forward to some of those releases but it isn't bothersome in the least.  Someone explained the reason for some of it the other night on one of the SC discords.  I don't remember the particulars and was only half paying attention but it didn't sound too concerning.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://www.starship42.com/fleetview/

Just check off what you own and click start in the top left.  It's a bit clunky.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://www.starship42.com/fleetview/

Just check off what you own and click start in the top left.  It's a bit clunky.
View Quote
Thanks

ETA: dAMN! Clunky was right!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll just go be poor somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hell, what makes you thick I'm not poor? After all, what's poor if not the inevitable result of poor life choices?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:31:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
You've got a great, well-rounded fleet that will let you do just about anything you want in the game.  If I were wiser, I'd have stopped there.

Just remember, you can only fly one at a time, and nobody is going to be starting the game flying a capital ship...90% of mine will be hangar queens for a long time.  Which means if you want to use one, it's probably going to be available.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:37:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm trying to figure out how I got concierge status with just a Connie and Super Hornet.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:16:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You've got a great, well-rounded fleet that will let you do just about anything you want in the game.  If I were wiser, I'd have stopped there.

Just remember, you can only fly one at a time, and nobody is going to be starting the game flying a capital ship...90% of mine will be hangar queens for a long time.  Which means if you want to use one, it's probably going to be available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I started an org and invited several friends local to me to join. That way I can share mine. It's a good way to help out guys who can only afford a minimum buy in.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm trying to figure out how I got concierge status with just a Connie and Super Hornet.
View Quote
Subscriptions and merchandise count towards it...mystery solved?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Interested in this game,  questions,

Is it persistent yet?

Is it for VR?

Love Elite and DCS because of VR,  won't play a game without it now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Is it persistent yet?

Is it for VR?

View Quote
Sorta persistent...there may still be wipes, but none are anticipated.

No native VR support.  It's possible in the future, though...they add every game action they can as in-game interaction.  The more I think about it, the more I think they're definitely trying to stay in the VR-relevant arena.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No native VR support.  It's possible in the future, though...they add every game action they can as in-game interaction.  The more I think about it, the more I think they're definitely trying to stay in the VR-relevant arena.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it persistent yet?

Is it for VR?

An old stretch goal was VR support in the hangar.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AI gunners and the ability to loan ships can’t come soon enough.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Customization modules for ships would be nice. As a I said before, it would be great to be able to add a missile module to ships like the Connie so a player, not the pilot, could be a gunnery officer and lock and fire multiple targets independent of the pilot.

And a turret gunnery module so one player on the bridge can assign targets to the turret AI gunners. Make it so that the NPCs just fire on the closest hostile with little or no pilot control and you have to install a gunnery module and gunnery officer to assign targets.

It would boost multi crew ships combat effectiveness while costing them cargo space and requiring a second player.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
The next patch is going to come with another wipe because there is another money exploit.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
AI gunners...yes.  Ships loans?  No.  They offer free flights often enough for people that want to try something out...and entice them to buy.  I think allowing player ship loans now would wake people up to the idea that they can build a shared fleet with friends and would serve to drive sales down.  Post launch when we can't buy ships anymore, I absolutely support ship loaning...hell, I'll be pissed if it isn't available...but until then I'd rather not see a feature that could harm the project's primary fund source.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

AI gunners...yes.  Ships loans?  No.  They offer free flights often enough for people that want to try something out...and entice them to buy.  I think allowing player ship loans now would wake people up to the idea that they can build a shared fleet with friends and would serve to drive sales down.  Post launch when we can't buy ships anymore, I absolutely support ship loaning...hell, I'll be pissed if it isn't available...but until then I'd rather not see a feature that could harm the project's primary fund source.
View Quote
IIRC, ship sharing was one of the big selling points for joining an org. The org we started actually has detailed rules on it, if it ever gets implemented.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I'm happy with it.  I'd like a big flagship combat boat but it's low on the priority list.  Cutlass Black and Cat both have LTI.  Carrack might if I decide to permanently attach it to the package I bought but I'm holding out encase I want to melt it down for funds to buy lesser ships vs trading for something more expensive.

CB should be plenty fun and capable for combat missions, Cat and prospector will do nicely to dig me out of a financial hole if I dig one, and the Carrack will be my go to if they do good things with the exploration side of things.  Only hangup on the Carrack is it doesn't come standard with the top tier med bay so I don't think it can be respawned in.  That's a bit ass backwards IMO for a military exploration ship designed to make extraordinarily long trips.  Hopefully it can be upgraded.

edit: plus not owning it all up front will give me something to work towards, though I'm hoping the gameplay itself trumps the chase for bigger and better ships.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#29]
https://starship42.com/u/20200130/svZI6X6O.jpg

Buying space ships is an addiction...
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://starship42.com/u/20200130/svZI6X6O.jpg

Buying space ships is an addiction...
View Quote
Yeah, I figured originally "Eh, ill only get one or two small ships to just enjoy the game with"...

…"Well that escalated quickly."
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Just picked up a Cutlass Red...first Drake purchase.  I needed something to park in my Endeavor, the Red made sense.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just picked up a Cutlass Red...first Drake purchase.  I needed something to park in my Endeavor, the Red made sense.
View Quote
The Cutlass is a damn good ship.  The Red sounds like its going to have some interesting game play loops if you play with a group.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#33]
My fleet as of today...subject to change of course!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:57:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Alright fellas. I just plopped some cash down on SC. What the hell am I in for?  Have not played it yet.

Grabbed the Titan starter pack.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Alright fellas. I just plopped some cash down on SC. What the hell am I in for?  Have not played it yet.

Grabbed the Titan starter pack.
View Quote
Do you have a current/up-to-date gaming computer with a solid state hard drive?  If yes, see below.  If no, a lot of frustration.

The Titan pack is a good starter.  It lets you do a little of everything.

Remember that the game is still in Alpha and thus bugs are normal.  A lot of people go in as if the game is 'done', and get frustrated when they run into a bug.  Be patient.

Otherwise, even in Alpha there is quite a bit to do and a lot of promise of more to come.  One of the most beautiful games there is with a ton of things other games wanted to do, but just couldn't ever achieve.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Do you have a current/up-to-date gaming computer with a solid state hard drive?  If yes, see below.  If no, a lot of frustration.

The Titan pack is a good starter.  It lets you do a little of everything.

Remember that the game is still in Alpha and thus bugs are normal.  A lot of people go in as if the game is 'done', and get frustrated when they run into a bug.  Be patient.

Otherwise, even in Alpha there is quite a bit to do and a lot of promise of more to come.  One of the most beautiful games there is with a ton of things other games wanted to do, but just couldn't ever achieve.
View Quote
Yeah. I built a new PC a few months back.  Gen 4 SSD, 2070 Super graphics cars, AMD 3700X cpu.  The game runs great, albeit low fps in some spots. Probably just the nature of the game.

Definitely buggy. I have found it hard to even complete basic delivery missions without something happening that forces me to restart it. One of the weirder things that happened was I died and woke up back in my bed. Before I could get up my screen went crazy. Next thing I knew I was standing in the cargo bay of a ship in bad shape. I walked up to the cockpit and some guy who couldn't fly very well was trying to fly around buildings. I sat in the co-pilots chair and just laughed at the whole situation.

I am liking the game. But having trouble moving forward to make money. I am also having lots of trouble hitting other ships in combat.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#37]
What control setup are you using?  Keyboard and mouse?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yeah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah
If your ship has gimbles you can cycle the modes with the R key.  That will let the guns move about 5% and follow the mouse more accurately than trying to move the whole ship.  Also be sure you are locking them up so you get a lead indicator.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If your ship has gimbles you can cycle the modes with the R key.  That will let the guns move about 5% and follow the mouse more accurately than trying to move the whole ship.  Also be sure you are locking them up so you get a lead indicator.
View Quote
I didn't know any of that. I was wondering about a lead indicator.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
On that note, have they cleaned up HOTAS support for this? I haven't played in well over a year but recall  gimbled weapons being utterly useless with joystick combinations as opposed to EZ mode with mouse and keyboard.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
On that note, have they cleaned up HOTAS support for this? I haven't played in well over a year but recall  gimbled weapons being utterly useless with joystick combinations as opposed to EZ mode with mouse and keyboard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the three modes is an aim assist that works to help with the fine tuning of shots within a small circle.  It does really balance the HOTAS or HOSAS player with the KM's fine control.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Is their a clan/org system implemented? Is their one for arfcom?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is their a clan/org system implemented? Is their one for arfcom?
View Quote
There is an organization system that can be accessed from the main RSI site.  I don't think there is any ar15 group, but I'm sure that there are several groups with members from ar15.com.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:43:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Have you guys not read the thread title?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Have you guys not read the thread title?
View Quote
To be fair, the title now says "Star Citizen - Squadron 42", and makes no reference to the 87th.

Speaking of which, who would they DM on Spectrum to get in?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There is an organization system that can be accessed from the main RSI site.  I don't think there is any ar15 group, but I'm sure that there are several groups with members from ar15.com.
View Quote
I don’t think it does anything more than put you on a list of people.  There’s no in game use as I can tell.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#48]
The 87th

Spectrum Identification (SID) THE87TH

ETA: The unlawful org is

Spaceman's Benevolent Association, Local 87

Spectrum Identification (SID) SBA
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I don’t think it does anything more than put you on a list of people.  There’s no in game use as I can tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet.
Indeed.  Eventually it will be useful.  At this point there is no point.  Which makes it even more amusing when you get guilds recruiting already.
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top