Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 174
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may have said this already, but I'm disappointed that they're turning the M50 and 350R in to strict racers.  I liked the idea that they could be interceptors.  I'm holding out hope for some kind of high-speed smuggler or courier.  

Something other than just racing.
View Quote
NorthPolar posted a pic of the M50s item 2.0 stats, not sure if it's final. M50 still has plenty of weapons.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
NorthPolar posted a pic of the M50s item 2.0 stats, not sure if it's final. M50 still has plenty of weapons.
View Quote
Those are clearly not the final stats.  It shows multiple turret hardpoints, S4 main guns, and combined 12 missiles.  

...and captial ship jump drives
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I still don't like the general fighter designs.  It's like someone's going out of their way to make things ugly &/or alien/weird.  Haven't any of these guys ever seen Star Wars, Babylon 5, or BSG?

The M50 is about the sleekest, fighter-like craft in the fighter class, but you can't even buy it; it's an exclusive, "limited edition".  The F8 wasn't too bad, either, but alas, also not FS.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I still don't like the general fighter designs.  It's like someone's going out of their way to make things ugly &/or alien/weird.  Haven't any of these guys ever seen Star Wars, Babylon 5, or BSG?

The M50 is about the sleekest, fighter-like, but you can't even buy it; it's an exclusive, "limited edition".  The F8 wasn't too bad, either, but alas, also not FS.
View Quote
The M50 goes for sale here and there.  They make everything a limited edition because they want a ratio of ship types when the game starts.  No idea what it is, but CIG has some formula for it.  It's why they'll have seemingly random choices on the sales here and there.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#5]
We're getting closer and closer to 3.0 coming out. They're about 95% complete with their schedule items.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We're getting closer and closer to 3.0 coming out. They're about 95% complete with their schedule items.
View Quote
July 27th was the most recent updated speculative date on Reddit. I fully expect a Sept. release at Gamescom (which would the one year anniversary of the infamous "3.0 in December!" Announcement, btw). There's just too many big blockers right getting delayed a couple of weeks or more every week.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this book still available for sale?

thanks!

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:51:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Aaaand Bill Whittle has succumbed... Don't know his in game handle, but he's subscribed, loaded, and has been flying for the past couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#10]
God damnit they need to fix that fucking BDU cover.

Also, I would love a deep dive into their networking. As a non-programming type I find that shit extremely interesting. These ATVs have gotten damn good lately.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#11]
How does Star Citizen compare to Elite Dangerous?

(Gameplay wise)
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How does Star Citizen compare to Elite Dangerous?

(Gameplay wise)
View Quote
Thats a question that should be saved for when SC is a little more mature.

But I've been playing ED and I've messed around in SC:
In ED you are the ship and you cannot get out of it.  In SC you are a person and can walk around on your ship, space station, planet, enemy ships.  Big gameplay differences there.

As to strictly flying it seems similar but I expect the flight handling in SC to change a little before it comes out.  Same ideas of power management heat, etc.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The M50 goes for sale here and there.  They make everything a limited edition because they want a ratio of ship types when the game starts.  No idea what it is, but CIG has some formula for it.  It's why they'll have seemingly random choices on the sales here and there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The M50 is about the sleekest, fighter-like, but you can't even buy it; it's an exclusive, "limited edition".  The F8 wasn't too bad, either, but alas, also not FS.
@Master_Blaster
The M50 is for sale for Father's Day weekend.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Alpha 3.0 getting closer. Horny level rising.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:31:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

God damnit they need to fix that fucking BDU cover.

Also, I would love a deep dive into their networking. As a non-programming type I find that shit extremely interesting. These ATVs have gotten damn good lately.
View Quote
Yeah I have rather enjoyed the technical segments (don't care for bug smashers though). The networking one was super awesome. I wonder if they gave too much info honestly. How much of the serialized variable tech is common knowledge and how much is proprietary trade secret?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#16]
If you bought a dragonfly, you get first shot at another vehicle like that, which is coming in 3.0. 

I havent gotten on my PC to check the price, but likely $30 LTI. Aopoa Nox 

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#17]
$35 for the warbond version or $65 fit one in each color. Up to $45 at 3.0

RSI
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Its ugly.  Ands whats the point of it?  Its very bulky if its supposed to be a "space bike".
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Supposed to be a racer. It's possible that the shape helps it 'race' and transporting it is a secondary concern.

I'm wondering if I want to bother with it, since that would require melting something that I'd have to spend money on later to reacquire.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#20]
35$ cheap LTI to upgrade later , gonna stack em deep maybe get 5. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Aopoa Nox Nope 
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Some pretty awesome lighting tech they are building in Germany.   That's the first 14 ish minutes.  Then is a ship shape about the new Xi'an bike.

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Building Solar Systems & Nox Preview

Aopoa Nox (Xi'An Nox) - Ship Trailer
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:29:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I gotta admit, while I'm not usually a fan of alien ship designs because artists try way too hard to make them look different and then they just wind up completely illogical and shitty looking, the Nox looks pretty awesome. I was planning to get a Dragonfly, but now might get it instead.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Aaaand Bill Whittle has succumbed... Don't know his in game handle, but he's subscribed, loaded, and has been flying for the past couple of weeks.
View Quote
Got to get him in our org lol.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:41:33 AM EDT
[#25]
No more Redeemer in the store gents. 

On another note, anyone interested in buying some ships? Thinking about getting out of the SC world. If not I'll probably throw them on reddit and see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:37:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

On another note, anyone interested in buying some ships? Thinking about getting out of the SC world. If not I'll probably throw them on reddit and see what happens.
View Quote
It's still listed in the store, just not as purchasable right now.  Nothing wrong with that.

Why are you considering leaving?  3.0 should be hitting the avocados here in the next few weeks and all.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Schedule changes:

Full list of highlighted changes here, but it looks like they are expecting to be 3.0 feature complete by 7/1   Granted there is still debugging, but it's still good news.

The 3.0.0 Procedural Planet update marks a major advance in the Star Citizen Persistent Universe. We have reached ‘feature complete’ on several essential 3.0 systems, including the Mission Manager app, AI turrets and the diffusion subset (which came in earlier than expected). Several other items have been pushed out, largely due to dependencies that occur when so many features come together. As a result of the changes to these items, which are necessary to begin wider testing, we have moved the start of the Evocati window to July 7 (please note that much like a space launch, the testing windows indicate the timeframe in which we expect testing to begin and not the start and stop dates of the testing itself).

Single seat ships reached feature complete today (23rd June), but Multi-Crew ships will take us into next Friday. ETA is 30th June (was 23rd June)

Integration with the shopping service has taken longer than expected on the game code side.  ETA is 26th June (was 23rd June)

During the implementation of the new doors and airlocks, we found new bugs that have held up the completion to full conversion. Many locations now have newly updated doors, but the airlocks require a little more time to finish properly.ETA is 30th June (was 22nd June)

Additional time needed for final integration with the shopping and inventory service. ETA is 26th June (was 19th June)

Integrating the game code with the backend service created some bugs which have caused a slight delay in the completion time of this feature. ETA is 26th June (was 23rd June)

Additional time still needed for final integration with comms system and persistence spawning. ETA is 28th June (was 23rd June)

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:53:41 AM EDT
[#28]
In other news, more info on the Nox (it has 2x S1 guns), the UEE fleet hit a new high, and some in game teasers for 3.0

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone interested in a Banu Merchantman for the old price? Here's your chance. I copied this from my post on the 87th corp spectrum board.

Here is an offer for AR15.com Team members. I have 4 upgrades from Redeemer to Banu Merchantman. I also have 4 85x ships with LTI (when upgraded from the 85x to start each merchantman will have LTI).  If anyone wants to get a Merchantman at the old price of $250.00 (current price is $350.00) message me on AR15.com @grumpalicious to work out the details.

I was going to sell for a profit but with the changes to banked CCUs coming with 3.0 I figured I would just offer my fellow arfcom team members the chance to get these at cost instead. This is also a great way to get into any of the other $350 price point ships (Carrack,, Endeavor, Crucible, Reclaimer...). The next time those ships are on sale you should be able to upgrade to them for free.

* You have to be a paid team member at AR15.com.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#30]
What change to banked CCUs is coming with 3.0?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you have an LTI 890 lemme know how much. Have a list of what you're getting rid of?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's still listed in the store, just not as purchasable right now.  Nothing wrong with that.

Why are you considering leaving?  3.0 should be hitting the avocados here in the next few weeks and all.
View Quote
The part of it that pissed me off was CIG specifically said that the Redeemer would be a permanent addition to the store. Not only that, they took a group of backers work, sold it for CIGs own gain while stating how great it was to get backers involved, and then did absolutely nothing with the ship for years. Right now the mods are in full force either locking threads, giving out warnings and bans, and moving threads, all because backers aren't happy and are asking CIG why they're doing things and going back on their word. For me, it's not about getting the ship/it being available in store it's the principle of the matter. I would not be surprised if that ship never gets completed because someone at CIG clearly does not like the ship.

I'm not totally leaving, I just want to reduce my investment to the game (if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM, I don't want to derail the thread with ship selling posts). CIG just isn't the same anymore. They've grown and are slowly turning into what we all hated in the first place when SC kickstarted.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What change to banked CCUs is coming with 3.0?
View Quote
They posted a while back about removing banked free CCUs. They said they have way too many sitting in the system unused. They did not give details on how they were going to accomplish the reduction.

As for the redeemer not being available, I just bought a CCU from Firefly to Redeemer yesterday with now issue so I could upgrade to a Merchantman for me (will probably turn it into an Endeavor when they go on sale again, sin that will probably get much larger before it is released too).
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow, I guess I got really lucky. Even the upgrades to the Redeemer are gone now. I would have been majorly pissed if I had waited and missed that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Some pretty awesome lighting tech they are building in Germany.   That's the first 14 ish minutes.  Then is a ship shape about the new Xi'an bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STwVI6_xWqc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvTLmmN9w3M
View Quote
I kinda hate that they have "space motorcycles".  They better be flimsy as hell against any real ship or ima lose mah shit. 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If you bought a dragonfly, you get first shot at another vehicle like that, which is coming in 3.0. 

I havent gotten on my PC to check the price, but likely $30 LTI. Aopoa Nox 

https://i.imgur.com/62zxdRn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
https://i.imgur.com/CTjusgC_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
https://i.imgur.com/Uyp7v5J_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
View Quote
I got the black one but the grey one looks pretty awesome too. Maybe I'll get it instead.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I kinda hate that they have "space motorcycles".  They better be flimsy as hell against any real ship or ima lose mah shit. 
View Quote
They will be. They're not designed to go head to head with a real ship. They're just for single person transport to get around easily on the ground or in space from one point of interest to another. So you find a wreck with your Reclaimer. You don't inch it right up to the ship. You stop a reasonably safe distance away, hop on your space bike and head over to check it out. You could accomplish this with an Archimedes or Merlin as well but they'll take up more room in your cargo hold. Likewise on a planet there will be points of interest that they don't want you simply flying right up to. You'll have to land your ship a fair distance away and approach the point of interest on foot or in a ground vehicle just like in the Homestead demo.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:57:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They will be. They're not designed to go head to head with a real ship. They're just for single person transport to get around easily on the ground or in space from one point of interest to another. So you find a wreck with your Reclaimer. You don't inch it right up to the ship. You stop a reasonably safe distance away, hop on your space bike and head over to check it out. You could accomplish this with an Archimedes or Merlin as well but they'll take up more room in your cargo hold. Likewise on a planet there will be points of interest that they don't want you simply flying right up to. You'll have to land your ship a fair distance away and approach the point of interest on foot or in a ground vehicle just like in the Homestead demo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much this.  Yeah they have 2x S1 guns, but the shield is basically enough to slow down small arms and maybe stop 1-2 hits from a fighter.  After that, you're toast if it connects.  

That said, asteroid field racing. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:21:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Redeemer is back until the 10th before it goes down.  Seems like somebody didn't run it by CS first. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:49:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Btw, this is the list of stuff I'm trying to clear out of the hangar before 3.0 hits.  For arfcommers it's just face value of the items + pp fees if anyone wants something.

2x Reliant Mini Haulers or upgraded to Skirmishers with CCU
2x Avenger Warlock
Tali base
Hull A

$0 ccu's would need a ship bought to be able to gift.  So I'd have to buy a Nox>whatever ship>end ship
3x Freelancer Max to Prospector
5x 315P to Reliant Skirmisher 
5x 315P to Mustang Delta 
Avenger Titan to 85X 
Cutlass Black to M50 $119

5x Connie Taurus to Khartu-Al 
5x Redeemer to Merchantman 
1x Gemini to Carrack 
1x Connie Taurus to Freelancer MIS 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Anyone interested in a Banu Merchantman for the old price? Here's your chance. I copied this from my post on the 87th corp spectrum board.

Here is an offer for AR15.com Team members. I have 4 upgrades from Redeemer to Banu Merchantman. I also have 4 85x ships with LTI (when upgraded from the 85x to start each merchantman will have LTI).  If anyone wants to get a Merchantman at the old price of $250.00 (current price is $350.00) message me on AR15.com @grumpalicious to work out the details.

I was going to sell for a profit but with the changes to banked CCUs coming with 3.0 I figured I would just offer my fellow arfcom team members the chance to get these at cost instead. This is also a great way to get into any of the other $350 price point ships (Carrack,, Endeavor, Crucible, Reclaimer...). The next time those ships are on sale you should be able to upgrade to them for free.

* You have to be a paid team member at AR15.com.
View Quote

With the Redeemer back in the store until the 10th, this offer is back on the table.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:51:16 AM EDT
[#42]
NOX Q&A is up.  Some highlights below, plus teasers from CIG.  No idea what that Drake thing is, but it looks mean.

Which ships will be capable of transporting a Nox?
The most common question we get, and in this case our most upvoted, too! While we haven’t finished testing the Nox’s storage capability in every in-game ship, it can be used comfortably in a Freelancer, Cutlass (new) and Constellation. For smaller ships with cargo space like the Reliant & Avenger, it can physically fit but it cannot be secured. It’s not likely that will go well in practice, but we expect you to try it all the same and let us know when the Nox is added to the game.

How fast can the Nox fly in space?
At present, the Nox has a top SCM of 220 and with afterburner can reach speeds of 550 in space. On the ground, that ratio is 40/100. 100 meters per second, 1 meter off the ground is pretty impressive.

Does the Nox have landing gear, for when it’s powered all the way down?
No, the Nox hovers at all times with emergency power. If you’ve drained even that, it will fall and be sad. Take care of your Nox.

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Anything good in the new ATV?  I'm on vacation and only have slow cell phone internet so i can't watch it for a while.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:32:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anything good in the new ATV?  I'm on vacation and only have slow cell phone internet so i can't watch it for a while.
View Quote
YES HOLY FUCK! You need to watch it when you get data access. The last segment was pretty mind blowing in terms of showing off their procedural planet tech and graphics tech.

Here's the awesome part, but it's worth watching the whole video: https://youtu.be/DbEKn6gN4Qk?t=26m37s

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Crafting Procedural Moons
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:51:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Dude 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:55:21 AM EDT
[#46]
How long before you guys finally admit this is a fraud?z
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How long before you guys finally admit this is a fraud?z
View Quote
because sinking millions of dollars into development and hiring hundreds of people who put out weekly progress reports is fraud.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:29:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

because sinking millions of dollars into development and hiring hundreds of people who put out weekly progress reports is fraud.
View Quote
Yeah I'm not really understanding. Is he saying it's a fraudulent jobs scheme? That would be the government.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:29:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Recut without the FX layer portion. I want a high quality in game screenshot from this scene as my desktop background. SOOOOOOOOON.

Star Citizen - Reclaimer on Planet
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:37:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Reclaimer bridge
Nox with wear and tear plus the paint system.  No idea how the hell CIG is pulling off surface textures like that without HUGE files or loadtimes.  Let alone the light scattering and diffusion tech.  The coding and physics rendering is WAY beyond me.

Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top