Quoted:
What is that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
NETWORK BIND/UNBIND (STRETCH GOAL)
This feature has been moved out of 3.0.0 in order to make way for the Persistent Data Refactor
https://media4.giphy.com/media/e03UozELSlS3m/200w.gif?response_id=5921bc1d42c4797d6ba51af5
What is that?
My understanding of this issue is miniscual at best, but I was under the impression it's what's holding the network back and is needed ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

From a project management standpoint the dates are pretty encouraging since only a few of them are near the critical path.  Most of the items have a lot of slip available before it impacts 3.0 (although it would invariably impact 3.1 still).
View Quote
Fuck me but I love PM-speak.  But since this is multi-organizational, I'd call it a program-level schedule.  Doesn't make you any less correct, though.

I gotta get off my ass and start working on my PgMP.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Btw, before I sell it, does anyone here want a Gemini to Carrack CCU?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:02:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Eclipse Q&A here

Boiling it down:
-no plans for rotary bays for smaller torpedoes.  3x S9 is it
-won't fit in a Polaris, but will in a Javelin
-longer ranged than Gladiator but less than Harbinger 
-straight line speed of a Gladius, maneuverability less than a Gladiator
-squishy.  300i squishy.  Basically drop your torpedoes and get the fuck away fast.

Personally my plan is to use the 'if you can make it fit' loose cargo stacking to fill the torpedo bays with high dollar low volume contraband to run. 

Will I be able to purchase a large cloth to keep this covered in my hanger?
While the Historical Truth Act has permitted an unprecedented release of previously-classified UEEN military information (including the existence of the Eclipse bomber) it has NOT authorized any discussion of the Crusader Industries B419-AR Tactical Stealth Utility Tarp (TSUT.) Any discussion of its capabilities or availability should be reported to the nearest Advocacy agent.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad I picked a Eclipse up. Might be a great little ship to start a war. Sneak in recon a little bit, drop a load and shoot out of there while a bigger force rolls up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Big gangs of stealth bombers in Eve were great fun when I played. Hoping for some of the same type of game play here. Where one isnt capable of delivering enough damage in one volley to kill much of anything significant but a few of them can be used to disable defenses, disrupt logistics, or create diversions with hit and hide attacks. Allowing stuff that can actually fight come in and mop up.
View Quote
My vision for the Tali was a fleet of torpedo-delivering doom that could be hired out by the strike.  For X amount, we will blow Y target the fuck up.  In, out, no dogfighting.  Just a sucker punch for hire.

This ship meshes with that vision pretty damned seamlessly.  Hell, all we'd need then is a Herald news ship with all stealth components who can follow behind and catch the big boom for the highlight reel.

Of course, my vision also included putting organizations on retainer.  For a small monthly fee, our services would not be available against them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay that's cool.  They're working on a smart display system for TV/Ads in the game.  Bascially it'll figure out in game player interests and show targeted (fake) ads that your character might be interested in.  Proximity or action based, but will also work as TVs for news, etc.  4 minutes for that.  Haven't watched the rest yet, as I'm heading out the door.

Vanduul kingship is (at least) externally game ready as they have it in the video in game.

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Eclipsing the Competition
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#11]
No idea what that new Preacher gun is but   Vanduul and TV system in game, new planetside engine upgrades, weapon skins, and a new ship gun. 

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I was interested in this game along time ago. I played eve for many years and liked the universe aspect of it and this looked really good. My biggest problem is the amount of time and vaporware type of crap that was going on early on. I am probably wrong about the vaporware part of it as it has been many years but the game does look pretty good now.

Is this game like completely out?  ready to play? Or is it still in development and if so when is the expected launch date?  I am currently without a game which is a rare instance since i started way back on atari in the 80's
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was interested in this game along time ago. I played eve for many years and liked the universe aspect of it and this looked really good. My biggest problem is the amount of time and vaporware type of crap that was going on early on. I am probably wrong about the vaporware part of it as it has been many years but the game does look pretty good now.

Is this game like completely out?  ready to play? Or is it still in development and if so when is the expected launch date?  I am currently without a game which is a rare instance since i started way back on atari in the 80's
View Quote
Still in development with a major content patch scheduled for late next month if all goes well. The major issues with development were a mix of substudios putting out content that wouldn't mesh in the engine and having to literally rewrite the entire game engine, networking code, etc. That is all mostly done, so the other modules are starting to come online and snap in. Should pick up pretty quick in the future. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I really like the concept, but I wish the fighters were sleeker.  Their designs look too much like they were inspired by ww2 era aircraft.  I don't see any modern influences.  The Hornet looks like a mess.  I guess I'm just too particular about that aspect.  Gameplay looks great, though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I really like the concept, but I wish the fighters were sleeker.  Their designs look too much like they were inspired by ww2 era aircraft.  I don't see any modern influences.  The Hornet looks like a mess.  I guess I'm just too particular about that aspect.  Gameplay looks great, though.
View Quote
There is a mix of sleek and more classical/brutal looking ships in there.  The logic for some of them is that the design has been in service for a hundred or two years with just the odd hardware/software upgrades.  More common because they are cheap to fly, but there are newer and fancier models out there as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There is a mix of sleek and more classical/brutal looking ships in there.  The logic for some of them is that the design has been in service for a hundred or two years with just the odd hardware/software upgrades.  More common because they are cheap to fly, but there are newer and fancier models out there as well.
View Quote
That's fine that the ship designs are inspired by the story & history.  I actually like the F8, but wouldn't you know, its not an available craft.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's fine that the ship designs are inspired by the story & history.  I actually like the F8, but wouldn't you know, its not an available craft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it is, but they aren't going to sell it, and it'll be hard as hell to get.  CIG talked about it a while back.  It's not going to be for sale in the PU as it's a front line cutting edge fighter, BUT if you are ballsy enough to steal one or rich enough to get a black market one, they'll be out there.  But it'll be players that have to steal/black market them usually, so the risk/reward has to be high as the UEE will hunt you like crazy until it gets scrubbed.

I'll admit I like that twist on it.  Basically every ship will be available in the PU, provided you are crazy enough to try to get one.  Then again, I'm picturing Arf getting together to capture a Vanduul superfreighter full of weapons or crated fighters or something.   (which is potentially a thing)
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well, it is, but they aren't going to sell it, and it'll be hard as hell to get.  CIG talked about it a while back.  It's not going to be for sale in the PU as it's a front line cutting edge fighter, BUT if you are ballsy enough to steal one or rich enough to get a black market one, they'll be out there.  But it'll be players that have to steal/black market them usually, so the risk/reward has to be high as the UEE will hunt you like crazy until it gets scrubbed.

I'll admit I like that twist on it.  Basically every ship will be available in the PU, provided you are crazy enough to try to get one.  Then again, I'm picturing Arf getting together to capture a Vanduul superfreighter full of weapons or crated fighters or something.   (which is potentially a thing)
View Quote
The other catch, of course, us that even if you manage to somehow pillage one, you can never insure it, so if you get caught by the UEE - & they will find you at some point - or anyone else out there on the take, you could potentially lose it without recourse.

Yeah, that's definitely adding some edginess to the story, but dammit I want my edge-cutting, ass-kicking starfighter to be mine zmgwtfbbq!!!

In fact, I want all the things!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:36:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The other catch, of course, us that even if you manage to somehow pillage one, you can never insure it, so if you get caught by the UEE - & they will find you at some point - or anyone else out there on the take, you could potentially lose it without recourse.

Yeah, that's definitely adding some edginess to the story, but dammit I want my edge-cutting, ass-kicking starfighter to be mine zmgwtfbbq!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are planning on pirate/off the record insurance types btw.  So you can still insure, it just might be different.  Not sure if they have how it'll work nailed down yet, especially in this case.  Then again, I imagine there will be guys out there trying to insurance fraud ships.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:07:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They are planning on pirate/off the record insurance types btw.  So you can still insure, it just might be different.  Not sure if they have how it'll work nailed down yet, especially in this case.  Then again, I imagine there will be guys out there trying to insurance fraud ships.  
View Quote
The F8 may be the exception...I mean the likelihood of a replacement hull being available would be minute, they can't just have a new one built and sent to you.  Have a feeling pirate insurance will only be available for commercially available ships.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:26:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let's be brutally honest...if we took a superfreighter full of weapons, most of them would be kept in safes and never see the light of day. Fighters...well I like the sound of that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:28:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Let's be brutally honest...if we took a superfreighter full of weapons, most of them would be kept in safes and never see the light of day. Fighters...well I like the sound of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't remember the exact specifics, but it was back when the Hull series came out when CIG was talking about it.  Ships can be shipped if they'll fit in a universal box on a cargo carrier when shut down.  So they potentially could have guns, torpedoes, or ships inside.  Think of it like a bloodier version of finding the toy at the bottom of a crackerjack box. 

And if we found a freighter full of missiles, I'm not sure if we'd blow a bunch of shit up or sell them for a big profit. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:41:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Remember, they've been telling us that the UEE runs the gamut from straight shooting up and up to shady as fuck corruption. I'mma say that a pirate insurer with the right connections will be able to at least get a decent supply of 'spare parts'.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:20:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I can't remember the exact specifics, but it was back when the Hull series came out when CIG was talking about it.  Ships can be shipped if they'll fit in a universal box on a cargo carrier when shut down.  So they potentially could have guns, torpedoes, or ships inside.  Think of it like a bloodier version of finding the toy at the bottom of a crackerjack box. 

And if we found a freighter full of missiles, I'm not sure if we'd blow a bunch of shit up or sell them for a big profit. 
View Quote

Well let's say you found an A-10 at the bottom of a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally big cracker jack box. This is ARFCOM...we know whats going to happen we're not selling it. We're makin shit go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:00:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well let's say you found an A-10 at the bottom of a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally big cracker jack box. This is ARFCOM...we know whats going to happen we're not selling it. We're makin shit go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
View Quote
If it's not on my hand receipt, it's getting kamikazed. Suicide runs are more fun with stolen vehicles.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If it's not on my hand receipt, it's getting kamikazed. Suicide runs are more fun with stolen vehicles.
View Quote

Only if it's used against who you stole it from....you know this we've played enough Arma.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Only if it's used against who you stole it from....you know this we've played enough Arma.
View Quote
Or teammates.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Or teammates.
View Quote
...I was completely hammered when that happened...the first time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Get both!

Seriously, if it's feasible to maintain one, it'd pay for itself.  I mean, it's the space superiority fighter in that universe, the friggin F22 in space.  You could do a spaceship hit man for hire gig.  Profit!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#30]
More stuff from CIG.
-Terrapin is getting texture mapped
-Slaver and Nomad armor concept art
-in engine ammo crates
-no photo but AI turrets are coming along.  They had a low rez in engine test video in the last ATV

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:18:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Now that's some sexy lookin stuff. I wish I weren't at work so I could fire SC up and play a little but nooooooooooo gotta work 3rd watch.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:21:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't like some of the designs too, but there are plenty of sleek craft. I have a Sabre and Cutlass black. Both of them are pretty bad ass looking (well the new Cutlass is at least). The Gladius also looks amazing. The baseline Hornet looks so so but military model looks fucking awesome and much sleeker. The 300i is pretty sleek and is getting a rework soon so it should look even better. The new Eclipse looks amazing but is not a multi role craft. It's a pure bomber. I want one real bad but can't justify buying one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:25:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Would you need justification to buy a new gun? ;) Just use people's in game tears as a justification.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:53:48 PM EDT
[#34]
So, just got myself an EVGA 1080 Ti FTW 3...

If I don't post again just know that I died honorably after my wife found out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Finally got a new computer and am back in Star Citizen.  Surprisingly it'll only run Sqdrn 42 on low completely smooth.

I haven't played in about, oh idk, four years.

Anyone want to get me up to speed?  Can we land on planets yet?  Soon?

When exactly is this game going to feel like a game and not just a showroom?

For ships I've got:

Aegis Gladius
Anvil Hornet F7C
Kruger P-52 Merlin
Origin 325a
RSI Aurora LN
RSI Constellation Andromeda

Anything on there total shit?  Any shit hot items I should consider buying now?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Finally got a new computer and am back in Star Citizen.  Surprisingly it'll only run Sqdrn 42 on low completely smooth.

I haven't played in about, oh idk, four years.

Anyone want to get me up to speed?  Can we land on planets yet?  Soon?

When exactly is this game going to feel like a game and not just a showroom?

For ships I've got:

Aegis Gladius
Anvil Hornet F7C
Kruger P-52 Merlin
Origin 325a
RSI Aurora LN
RSI Constellation Andromeda

Anything on there total shit?  Any shit hot items I should consider buying now?
View Quote
Planetary landings are in the 3.0 patch due out in around a month.  Realistic guess is between then and early August is my shot.  Tons of new content coming with it as a lot of the background systems are coming online for it.
There are already a couple missions to do and the baby persistant universe is fairly populated.  Unsure of how many people on a server at a go though.  

So you can do the baby persistant universe, PVP, PVE, racing, FPS shooter (Star marine), your hangar, and Arc Corp, although I think Arc Corp is getting killed off when the 3.0 patch comes out since you'll be able to fly there instead of loading into it.

Baby PU has two landing areas, short missions, lots of hidden stuff, etc.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Alright I'm getting my shit pushed in in the arena.

I put rounds in guys for ages and don't seem to get anywhere.  Meanwhile I go from full health to no health in damn near the blink of an eye.

Is there a way to buy better missiles/lasers etc.?  I see I can swap them out between ships but thats it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I put rounds in guys for ages and don't seem to get anywhere.  Meanwhile I go from full health to no health in damn near the blink of an eye.

Is there a way to buy better missiles/lasers etc.?  I see I can swap them out between ships but thats it.
View Quote
I think you can buy them for REC earned in Vanduul swarm and the like from the Voyager Direct store on the RSI site.  3.0 might be getting rid of that for earning money in game and the like, but can't remember off the top of my head.  Remember, other than basic performance passes, a lot of balance work hasn't been done on the ships.  For example, the Sabre was near impossible to kill for a good while due to a bug in the shield coding.  You had to pretty much get a godly alpha strike on one to drop the shields.  Was something silly like a misplaced decimal on the recharge rate I think.  

The size of the weapons on your ship and type also matter.  Some are better vs shields, bigger does more damage but might fire slower, etc.  Tradeoffs for everything.  Personally I just stick with Vanduul swarm and the baby PU when I hop on, but it's been a while.  Waiting for 3.0 to come out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think you can buy them for REC earned in Vanduul swarm and the like from the Voyager Direct store on the RSI site.  3.0 might be getting rid of that for earning money in game and the like, but can't remember off the top of my head.  Remember, other than basic performance passes, a lot of balance work hasn't been done on the ships.  For example, the Sabre was near impossible to kill for a good while due to a bug in the shield coding.  You had to pretty much get a godly alpha strike on one to drop the shields.  Was something silly like a misplaced decimal on the recharge rate I think.  

The size of the weapons on your ship and type also matter.  Some are better vs shields, bigger does more damage but might fire slower, etc.  Tradeoffs for everything.  Personally I just stick with Vanduul swarm and the baby PU when I hop on, but it's been a while.  Waiting for 3.0 to come out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a really dumb question but how do you do the Vanduul Swarm?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Click Arena Commander mode, then select it.  Your options should be racing, free flight, PVP, or Vanduul Swarm.  Swarm is you and 2-3 others vs waves of fighters.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Click Arena Commander mode, then select it.  Your options should be racing, free flight, PVP, or Vanduul Swarm.  Swarm is you and 2-3 others vs waves of fighters.
View Quote
And pirate swarm.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And pirate swarm.
View Quote
Oh, I didn't know they added that as a mode.  Always thought it was a randomized thing that you'd get one swarm or the other.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't like some of the designs too, but there are plenty of sleek craft. I have a Sabre and Cutlass black. Both of them are pretty bad ass looking (well the new Cutlass is at least). The Gladius also looks amazing. The baseline Hornet looks so so but military model looks fucking awesome and much sleeker. The 300i is pretty sleek and is getting a rework soon so it should look even better. The new Eclipse looks amazing but is not a multi role craft. It's a pure bomber. I want one real bad but can't justify buying one.
View Quote
The M50 is more my style, aesthetically.  It's fast & maneuverable, but its guns & shields are relatively weak.  If had a litter more firepower, I would love to try it as a fighter.  Too bad the devs didn't design more ships with a similar look.

ETA: Just learned the M50 isn't available?  Exactly what is up with the marketing of this game?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Oh, I didn't know they added that as a mode.  Always thought it was a randomized thing that you'd get one swarm or the other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And pirate swarm.
It's your choice and frankly I find it more fun.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Am I the only one that would prefer a simple 2D loadout and ship modification screen? And a option to have a simple 2D mobiglass that doesn't feel like you're trying to use a smartphone while wearing thick gloves. I'm starting to feel like some of this stuff is too 3D, if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:21:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Am I the only one that would prefer a simple 2D loadout and ship modification screen? And a option to have a simple 2D mobiglass that doesn't feel like you're trying to use a smartphone while wearing thick gloves. I'm starting to feel like some of this stuff is too 3D, if you know what I mean.
View Quote
They are planning on adding ship loadout/modification to the Mobiglas so you can do it on a flat display.  Not sure if it is coming with the 3.0 cargo management though, but that's supposed to have a similar thing on the 'glas.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They are planning on adding ship loadout/modification to the Mobiglas so you can do it on a flat display.  Not sure if it is coming with the 3.0 cargo management though, but that's supposed to have a similar thing on the 'glas.
View Quote
As it is right now, it reminds me of the loadout screen for Star Lancer, and that annoyed the hell out of me. Give me something like the loadout screen for FeeSpace 2 instead.

Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Lot of neat stuff coming down the pipe.

-Ships and components are hitting item 2.0 conversion (pic below) Although I think that was just tossing data onto the screen to make it stick, since the M50 doesn't have turrets or a capital class jump drive.
-Backend logic coding is getting put into 2.0 as well.  So they don't have to individually code everything.  They can create a generic <lets say airlock> code, then just use that as a global code with a small modifier wherever they need it.  They were doing coding for everything.  Modularity on the backend is really going to speed things up on the item/content making side.
-Grabby Hands 2.0 is awesome.  (put above the Ship 2.0 image because it is smaller)
-Delmar looks neat

Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#49]
I may have said this already, but I'm disappointed that they're turning the M50 and 350R in to strict racers.  I liked the idea that they could be interceptors.  I'm holding out hope for some kind of high-speed smuggler or courier.  

Something other than just racing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I may have said this already, but I'm disappointed that they're turning the M50 and 350R in to strict racers.  I liked the idea that they could be interceptors.  I'm holding out hope for some kind of high-speed smuggler or courier.  

Something other than just racing.
View Quote
Where did you hear that?!

If I can't run my M50 as an A-Wing substitute with non-gimbaled size 2's and a missle of sort under each wing or the body, I will blow up Olisar like it was the fucking "Executor" in "...Jedi."
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top