Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 174
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
man that playthrough video posted a few pages ago has me reminiscing back to star wars galaxies.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

man that playthrough video posted a few pages ago has me reminiscing back to star wars galaxies.
View Quote
I loved that game,  the similarities to Star Citizen is one of the reasons I like SC so much.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Looks awesome!!!  Very fitting.

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Herald and the Hoplite from the latest ATV.  The latest patch stuff is slowly getting pushed to the avacados per the ATV today.  They figure 2-3 possibly 4 weeks to 2.6 if I understood right.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Avocado is an awesome autocorrect.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 2:02:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's the reddit nickname for the evocati folks lol
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Herald and the Hoplite from the latest ATV.  The latest patch stuff is slowly getting pushed to the avacados per the ATV today.  They figure 2-3 possibly 4 weeks to 2.6 if I understood right.

http://i.imgur.com/oKI77TW.png
View Quote

The Herald doesn't look right in that picture at all, almost like it was photoshopped in.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Alpha 2.6 (including Star Marine) made progress this week, with work continuing to make sure the combat loop to ensure weapon feel, grenades, hit/death reactions and the User Interface (UI) are up to our standards. Code for the leaderboards are done and QA plans to test sending stats to the Platform early next week. There are still plenty of bugs to smash, though, including one where remote clients see other players positioning with at least a one second delay. We’re confident we can get these bugs resolved and deliver a great experience.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh god, I need this one.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I really like how they are doing character armor/outfits realistically. In every game I've ever played, rigid pieces of armor were bendy/flexible/deformable and it looked silly (games where you wear medieval armor for instance). Armor pieces in star citizen that shouldn't bend will not bend on the character.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#13]
When 3.0 hits and the caterpillar is released I'm going to repurchase the one I got rid of a long time ago. Fuck it looks amazing now.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I really like how they are doing character armor/outfits realistically. In every game I've ever played, rigid pieces of armor were bendy/flexible/deformable and it looked silly (games where you wear medieval armor for instance). Armor pieces in star citizen that shouldn't bend will not bend on the character.

View Quote

Is there a link to where they talked about this?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's either in last week's around the verse or reverse the verse. I can't remember which. They specifically said they did proper motion capture for such pieces of armor.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that one on the left some type of gunship?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the troop carrier version of the Vanguard long range fighter. THIS is a gunship, and they've added more guns since the first pass.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Heads up, Experia Prowler gets revealed on Friday's livestream, probable concept sale but no word on price.

Edit:  Per Disco Lando, $425 with LTI.  So it's out for me.  I figured it was a small stealth ship for deploying a fireteam.  Making me think it's a large stealth boarding ship.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's the troop carrier version of the Vanguard long range fighter. THIS is a gunship, and they've added more guns since the first pass.  

https://i.imgur.com/Nm87bTs.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, I want the redeemer so bad
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?  I thought the Redeemer was a dropship.

ETA:  Hah, both...but I see they are, in fact, labeling it a gunship now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Yup. It's the SC version of a Hind.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It always has been a gunship since the contest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not how I recall it.  I remember the primary focus being a dropship, and have always thought of it that way.

Don't really care, though.  Never fell in love with the thing.  I can see its appeal, but it's not for me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not how I recall it.  I remember the primary focus being a dropship, and have always thought of it that way.

Don't really care, though.  Never fell in love with the thing.  I can see its appeal, but it's not for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured my main use for it would be kind of cargo-oriented, but with that many guns...
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I figured my main use for it would be kind of cargo-oriented, but with that many guns...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are about a million people who plan on carrying high-value cargo in combat ships.  I don't think there's going to be enough high-value cargo to go around.

My plan is to create high-value cargo with my fleet of industry ships...but have to see how industry skills turn out.  I have a very flexible fleet to work with.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 1:06:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There are about a million people who plan on carrying high-value cargo in combat ships.  I don't think there's going to be enough high-value cargo to go around.

My plan is to create high-value cargo with my fleet of industry ships...but have to see how industry skills turn out.  I have a very flexible fleet to work with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, above all else, I feel it's best to be prepared for anything.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#28]
here is what i current have , my play style will be maybe an hour on the weekdays and a few hours on weekends .

I was going to run missions with the hornet and prospector during the week to supply the crucible with credits/materials for weekend fun and cutlass blue is my utility/pick up truck . ill tuck the dragonfly's where ever they can fit .

The 315p has LTI , i was thinking of upgrading it to a hull B so i had a dedicated hauler also .

I was also thinking of melting everything with more than 1 crew slot and only using 1 man solo play ships .  

im trying to plan for a weekly play style that ties into real life work hours lol. maybe 5 to 10 hours a week of SC.  

Anvil Crucible
Cutlass Blue
F7C-M Super Hornet
315p Explorer
Prospector
MPUV Cargo
4 x Drake Dragonfly
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Used to have:

Super Hornet with F7A upg LTI
Freelancer MIS LTI
3 Kruger Merlins LTI
Vanguard and 2 BUKS LTI
Vanduul Blade LTI
Karthu-AL LTI
Saber LTI

I now have:

Polaris LTI
Super Hornet with F7A upg LTI
1 Kruger Merlin LTI
Freelancer MIS LTI
Saber LTI

Will likely buy back the Vanguard and Buks with LTI at some point before that is no longer an option.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm down to:

Mustang Delta
Mustang Omega
Space Penguin
Redeemer
Dragonfly

Need to get cash to unmelt: being unemployed is a bastard.

Freelancer Dur
Prospector
Gemini
Sabre
Hull B
LTI tokens
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Subject to change:

Dragonfly
Sabre
Freelancer MIS
F7C-M Super Hornet
Constellation Aquila
Polaris

We'll have to see how this  sale goes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#32]
I hear rumors of a Sabre variant?
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Prowler is a boarding ship/drop ship but only 2 crew and 34 meters  , room for 14 more crew it looks like.  https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/70tvklkv3t5uur/store_slideshow_large/Page-22.jpg

nicely armed but $425 ?

2x S5
1x S6

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/prowler/Esperia-Prowler#holo-viewer
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Metric fuckton of ships for sale, including gladius variant and two versions of the Prowler, destroyers, the 85x fighter from the 890, etc.

Even an Idris P LTI Warbond edition

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=72

Edit:  The Warbond options are cash only discounts on ships, while the regular ones can use store credit.  Beyond that, the new Sabre is called the Comet, has a blue canopy, blue camo, and completely different weapon loadout.  So it's more of a skin than a true variant.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Holy shit, the Prowler looks awesome!
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Advocacy Avenger variant incoming as well.  Unsure on details.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Love the Prowler, damned cool, good presentation.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Holy shit, the Prowler looks awesome!
View Quote

Yup.  No $$$ though, so I won't be getting one.  Nearest CCU is ~$100 or so.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Day Two – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19th – RSI & GLADIUS VALIANT

Day Three – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20th – DRAKE INTERPLANETARY & GLADIUS VALIANT

Day Four – MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21st – MISC & HORNET WILDFIRE

Day Five – TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22nd – ANVIL AEROSPACE & HORNET WILDFIRE

Day Six – WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd – ORIGIN JUMPWORKS & AVENGER TITAN RENEGADE

Day Seven – THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24th – EXOTIC MANUFACTURERS & AVENGER TITAN RENEGADE

Day Eight – FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25th – AEGIS DYNAMICS & SABRE COMET

Day Nine – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH – GRAND FINALE
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Individual doors with airshields, virtual cockpit, red/grey/black theme inside.  Kinda badass. It's also greybox already.  Going to be slow though.  S2 engines, 2x S5 and a S6 slot (all gimballed down to 4/5) S3 shield.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15601-Intergalactic-Aerospace-Expo-Day-One-The-Prowler

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/prowler/Esperia-Prowler

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Lets see, they are going to go back to weekly updates and the new Cutlass is grey box.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are these variants (like the Gladius variant) simply a reskin with different default weapons?
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Pretty sure yeah. But if it changes the fixed gun on the avenger it could be interesting.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Are these variants (like the Gladius variant) simply a reskin with different default weapons?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they are, they said that outright.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#46]
I think the new Cutlass is turning out pretty well.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#47]
So some other updates now that I'm getting to my computer again.

85X will have a Q drive but no jump drive, which is still a step up compared to Archimedes and Merlin.
Gladius variant has MORE pylons for missiles, unsure of what the other variants bring to the table.
What the Terravin look like, as apparently they are a UTE member species
Bengal and Idris are damn near flight ready it looks like.  Sexy as fuck.

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:04:29 AM EDT
[#48]
le sigh, I upgraded the tali to an esperia
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:10:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Considered it.  But the Tali is actually usable solo, the Prowler needs a belly full of troops.

Oooo, I wonder if the Tali will get ground munitions...truly be a bomber...now that there's planetside fun.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:23:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Considered it.  But the Tali is actually usable solo, the Prowler needs a belly full of troops.

Oooo, I wonder if the Tali will get ground munitions...truly be a bomber...now that there's planetside fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I could think of is playing helicopters in battlefield games god that was fun. Get me a 12 retards and an OP and I'll be happy.
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top