User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 174
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sooo,

Does anyone else besides me hate this Spectrum crap they foisted on us? I miss the old forums.
View Quote
Yeah. I hate spectrum. No idea why they felt the most common and intuitive forum format that 99 percent of forums use was not good enough.  I hate Reddit's format. Reddit is good for one thing, the various Gone Wild forums.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yeah. I hate spectrum. No idea why they felt the most common and intuitive forum format that 99 percent of forums use was not good enough.  I hate Reddit's format. Reddit is good for one thing, the various Gone Wild forums.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sooo,

Does anyone else besides me hate this Spectrum crap they foisted on us? I miss the old forums.
+1
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Banu reveal and a new Banu ship at 22:10 ish

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - The Banu Defender

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Banu reveal and a new Banu ship at 22:10 ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RLYch3lxVk
http://i.imgur.com/k33OLBI.jpg
View Quote
hmm , better guns than the Super Hornet ...
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
hmm , better guns than the Super Hornet ...
View Quote
But it sounds like for the main guns to be most effective you need a gunner. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:55:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Breaking the Game
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Haven't played in months. Did a fresh install and played for a few days. No major changes to the mini universe, so seems a bit harder. Space Marine seems cool, but matchmaking is fubar. Every single match, mm was unbalanced. 3 times in a row I joined and was added to a team that already had a big numerical and point advantage. 7vs3 and the new player makes it 8vs3? That's gonna make those 3 rage quit.

Has anyone put out a guide on what weapons work best on what ships? I saw the excel sheet, obviously made by a eve player. I don't want to crunch numbers, I just want to know what guns are best bang for each chassis.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Haven't played in months. Did a fresh install and played for a few days. No major changes to the mini universe, so seems a bit harder. Space Marine seems cool, but matchmaking is fubar. Every single match, mm was unbalanced. 3 times in a row I joined and was added to a team that already had a big numerical and point advantage. 7vs3 and the new player makes it 8vs3? That's gonna make those 3 rage quit.

Has anyone put out a guide on what weapons work best on what ships? I saw the excel sheet, obviously made by a eve player. I don't want to crunch numbers, I just want to know what guns are best bang for each chassis.
View Quote
I wouldn't put a whole lot into the weapons at this point since power and cooling are going to be doing huge changes soon.  Plus it depends on what you are looking to do, in Arena Commander you can run a bunch of ballistic since there are frequent ammo drops.  Unlike in the PU where you have to run what you brung until you make it back to a space station.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Universal Interaction
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Aegis Eclipse superiority fighter $275 next week.  $0 ccu's are going away btw.  $5 minimum from this sale forward.

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:23:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:27:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I knew it was going to be huge, but 

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I knew it was going to be huge, but 

https://media.giphy.com/media/xHX546S4pQBPy/giphy.gif
View Quote
I never imagined that thing fucking touching ground, except as salvage itself.  I mean, it makes sense that it would, I guess, but I always thought of space salvage.

This is NOT making my choice between Reclaimer and Carrack any easier.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#14]
New Aegis Eclipse. Space superiority heavy fighter? Supposed to be $295 with existing credits and $275 buying a new one without credit.

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:35:51 AM EDT
[#15]
From CIG about the $0 CCU

The first part is very simple, we will eliminate the $0 CCU from concept sales starting with this week’s sale. If you have a ship of equivalent value and you want to use store credit, you can of course melt it and purchase the store credit version. This should greatly reduce stockpiling of CCU's.

The second part is longer term, but very important: we will plan for a process to expire the unused $0 CCUs from the system. We want existing CCUs to be used as intended: to pick a ship that works for you, and not as a permanent ‘anything goes’ option. This will not happen immediately, but as we approach 3.0 it will be an important part of this process. And we want you to know in advance that this is coming.This simple solution should address the issues we've discussed here. Our goal is to make Star Citizen the best game it can be for all players. As always, we thank you for your support.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Speaking of CCU's, since I'm finally settled in the new place, I'm looking at clearing out all the misc melted ships from my hangar.  If anyone is looking for a tali, hull a and b, warlock, or a couple other ships with LTI on the cheap, send me a PM.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Against my better judgement, I spent $50 to upgrade my last Aurora to a Cutlass Black then used one of my two CCUs to turn it into a M50.  I also applied the other CCU to my 85X to get a Hull C.  So now my fleet consists of:

M50
Sabre
Hull C
Starfarer Gemini

All with LTI.  Unless the Eclipse just blows my socks off or they finally release the Space Hind from the design competition (the Brutus I think?) I'm done giving them money.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Got an email about 15 min ago for the Eclipse pre-sale with a unique hull number.  It was already 400-500 when I looked.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Got an email about 15 min ago for the Eclipse pre-sale with a unique hull number.  It was already 400-500 when I looked.
View Quote
Got that as well.  I'm glad it exists in the game but I don't have any interest at all for it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#20]
New ATV is about lighting.  That's great at all, too technical for me.

But this...THIS is why I backed the game during the kickstarter.  36:42 mark:
Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Lighting the Universe
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#21]
OMFGBBQ!

The end of this last ATV is RIGHT out of Alien.

Its basically the fucking nostromo.  IIRC The previous shots the showed of the inside of the reclaimer had white/tan padding on the walls like the nostromo did.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Against my better judgement, I spent $50 to upgrade my last Aurora to a Cutlass Black then used one of my two CCUs to turn it into a M50.  I also applied the other CCU to my 85X to get a Hull C.  So now my fleet consists of:

M50
Sabre
Hull C
Starfarer Gemini

All with LTI.  Unless the Eclipse just blows my socks off or they finally release the Space Hind from the design competition (the Brutus I think?) I'm done giving them money.
View Quote
The Brutus makes me moist.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Jesus Christ.  That looks incredible.  I honestly thought it was out of a movie for a minute. 

Oh and here's the Eclipse.  Not so much space superiority and more of a stealth bomber.  Depending on the stats, I might melt my redeemer to buy one, melt it, then use my unmelt token to get the redeemer back so I can have an eclipse should I want one later.  I hope the wingtips fold down though

Armed with multiple torpedoes and state-of-the-art scan diffusing technology, the Aegis Eclipse has been the UEE’s best, and least known, protection. It is the Navy’s top choice in border defense and a preferred first-strike weapon against the Vanduul. Now, in an effort to increase transparency with the Xi’an, the Eclipse is declassified and available for purchase by Citizens.

99 of them are up for serial numbered warbond sales for $250 Eclipse  Comes with an extra skin as well.

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Jesus Christ.  That looks incredible.  I honestly thought it was out of a movie for a minute. 

Oh and here's the Eclipse.  Not so much space superiority and more of a stealth bomber.  Depending on the stats, I might melt my redeemer to buy one, melt it, then use my unmelt token to get the redeemer back so I can have an eclipse should I want one later.  I hope the wingtips fold down though

Armed with multiple torpedoes and state-of-the-art scan diffusing technology, the Aegis Eclipse has been the UEE’s best, and least known, protection. It is the Navy’s top choice in border defense and a preferred first-strike weapon against the Vanduul. Now, in an effort to increase transparency with the Xi’an, the Eclipse is declassified and available for purchase by Citizens.

99 of them are up for serial numbered warbond sales for $250 Eclipse  Comes with an extra skin as well.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/uqceivqlombzor/source/Aegis-Eclipse-L4-Piece-2-Hangar-Presentation-007.jpg
View Quote
This is what I thought the Tali would be, function-wise.  And it probably was, just a generation earlier.  From the description, this is new tech, with active stealth capability.

If I said I bought one, it would destroy my vision of a secret weapon, only flown for super-sneaky missions.  So I'll just say it's been over a year since I've shown any backer support, and my allowance stash is suddenly a lot lighter.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm working on setting up a deal with one of the big ship trades vendors.  If he clears me out, that'll give me enough cash to buy an Eclipse at $10 markup per unmelt I'm selling.   Turns out I have a whole bunch of paid CCU's and $0 ones in my inventory as well

Edit:  So the wingtips fold down.  It's basically the B-2 in space.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm working on setting up a deal with one of the big ship trades vendors.  If he clears me out, that'll give me enough cash to buy an Eclipse at $10 markup per unmelt I'm selling.   Turns out I have a whole bunch of paid CCU's and $0 ones in my inventory as well

Edit:  So the wingtips fold down.  It's basically the B-2 in space.  
View Quote
Yeah, CR said in an interview that iconic aircraft shapes were definitely being used because people readily identify them.

However, I think of it more as the Space Batmobile than a B-2.  Ownership is definitely going to change my RP storyline considerably, it just doesn't fit in with refurbished scrap fleet.

Yes, after careful consideration...I think I'm going to RP the crap out of this game.  It is too inspired, and inspiring, to do otherwise.

Edit:  BTW...in the range of 1450-1500 sold as of an hour or so ago.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Man, I am really excited to do mining operations and running blockaids. 
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:20:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Let's see.  Female model in game, new Outlaw heavy armor, more damage effects, Reclaimer in the fog, ship motion detector lights, new lighting, Idris hangar, new M50 cockpit, no gif, but the Terrapin has drop down armor over the cockpit windows, and over $400k raised on the Eclipse already.

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#30]
It's a long shot, but does anyone have one of the $30 digital starter packages I could get? Have a friend that's getting interested and I would like to gift one to him. I literally just upgraded my last one to a M50.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Eclipse gets a Gladiator loaner and sale is up, Matt Sherman had some interesting comments on logging out in space, the new lighting diffusion tech is awesome, 

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Eclipse sale here.  It looks fairly balanced IMO.  Single seater stealth bomber.  2x retractable fixed S2 gatling guns, and 3x internal S9 torpedo bays and that's it for armament.  Pretty much sneak in, hit the engines, and bail.  Low shields and armor, advanced sensors, 'advanced weapons guidance' whatever that means, stealth coatings, and low EM/thermal output.

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Loving it more and more.  Definitely see a spy ship variant, possibly e-warfare variant for opening up sensor grids in advance of an attack.  All have great potential for some fun gameplay.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Loving it more and more.  Definitely see a spy ship variant, possibly e-warfare variant for opening up sensor grids in advance of an attack.  All have great potential for some fun gameplay.
View Quote
Considering if you downsize the racks, you can put more and more torpedoes in the bays.  Go down to a S5 or something and you could likely get 20-30 torpedoes of various types internally.  Want to capture an Idris?  Peg it with 30+ EMP torpedoes over and over. 

But yeah, I'm hoping they really flesh that out.  If there is an ewar or spy variant, I'm absolutely in on it.  Might replace my terrapin.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:13:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Wall of text below:

Updated estimated ETA on 3.0 to PTU is (absolutely best case) June 12-19th ish for Evocati, with a regular PTU June 26 to July 03, and full roll out between July 6 to 20th depending on the amount of PTU patches needed.  

MOONS
  • We are adding 3 new moons to the Crusader system; Yela, Cellin, and Daymar
  • Feature Complete
SURFACE OUTPOSTS
  • The new moons will also have outposts on their surface for you to explore
  • ETA is 2nd June
MISSION GIVERS
  • We’re introducing Miles Eckhart (first seen in the Gamescom video) and Ruto to provide missions to players.
  • Sliding this back to take in account for new requirements for additional desired behaviors
  • ETA is 2nd June (was 12th May)
DERELICT SHIPS
  • Derelict ships will be added to the system for extra points of interest and exploration
  • ETA is 26th May
DEBRIS FIELDS
  • To accompany the derelict ships, there will also be debris fields within the system
  • ETA is 26th May
DELAMAR / LEVSKI (STRETCH GOAL)
  • We are adding the planet Delamar and the landing zone, Levski
  • Following meetings on what we could aim to achieve for 3.0.0, we have moved our date out to accommodate this goal.
  • ETA is 30th June (was 1st June)
ALREADY COMPLETE IN THE 3.0.0 BRANCH:
  • Modular Room System for procedural generation of planetary outposts
    • Official Outpost Spawning System ready for mission designers
    • Integrated Outpost distribution to PlanetEd
    • Single outpost Object Preset
    • Cluster of Outposts
    • Crash site mission
    • Interface to hand place modules and save to Layer
    • Interface to teleport the camera to the closest outpost
    • Area boxes created by artists (all room sizes are now usable in the outpost procedural system)
    • Entrance Room system working (stairs and ramps are now available as initial rooms)
    • Rooftop Prop system working for Solar panel
    • Wall prop system working for additional prop variations
    • Material Wear/Dirt on props using Layer Blend done and actually working
    • Developed Outpost “feet” system
    • Set random rotation and offset caps on planet editor
    • Start documenting 3 possible map layouts looping system (using 2 or 4 meters metrics * system; using connection additional corridor pieces; using spline skinned corridors)
    • Support Aircon/solar panel system on outposts
    • Added color tinting to Outposts
    • Added color tinting interface to Planet Ed
    • Created material distinction for interior / exteriors
    • Group elements offset in Planet Object Preset to be able to offset landing pads
  • New Assets:
    • Heavy Marine Armor
    • Explorer Suit Armor
  • Cloth and Clothing simulation on various assets old and new
  • Updated helmet interiors and exterior for updated art, FOV tech and standardization
  • Armor converted to work within modular customization structure
  • Finalized delivery of ALL facial assets from 3lateral.
  • Ships:
    • New Skinning and Rigging tools for landing gear on ships.
    • Constellation Cargo Bay/Elevator extensions
    • Light Group entity optimization

PLAYER MANNED TURRETS
  • ETA is 8th June
PICK UP & CARRY
  • As we’re introducing cargo with 3.0.0, players will be able to manually interact with their cargo to load and unload it properly on their ships.
  • ETA is 25th May
ITEM 2.0 SHIP CONVERSION – PART 1
  • We are beginning the process of converting our available ships over to the item 2.0 system. This will allow for greater player control of the ship and also allow for expanded gameplay.
  • ETA is 1st June
ITEM 2.0
  • Operator Seats.
    • ETA is 24th May
  • Radar System
    • Feature Complete
  • Light Control System.
    • Feature Complete
  • Fuel / Refuel.
    • Feature Complete
  • Power Supply / Pipes.
    • Feature Complete
  • Quantum Drive.
    • Feature Complete
INSURANCE
  • This will be an alpha version of the insurance system where if your current ship becomes damaged beyond repair, you will be able to request a replacement ship (with basic loadout) from the insurance provider.
  • Work on this is delayed due to waiting on a needed task from the Network Engineering team
  • ETA is 2nd June (was 26th May)
STAMINA
  • We are introducing the concept of stamina in to 3.0.0, this will mean that actions will have consequences. For instance, continuing to sprint will drain the stamina of your character, causing loss of breath and difficulty in aiming a weapon.
  • ETA is 31st May
DOORS & AIRLOCKS
  • We are starting to update the doors and airlocks within the game to be more intelligent. In time, this would mean that the door would ‘know’ if a room beyond them is depressurised and would stay shut for safety
  • ETA is 31st May
CARGO
  • Commodities bought using the kiosk will be transportable in the cargo holds of vehicles, to be sold in another location.
  • ETA is 2nd June
COMMODITIES
  • Implementing items to represent units of tradeable cargo.
  • Work on this is delayed due to waiting on a needed task from the Network Engineering team
  • ETA is 2nd June (was 19th May)
KIOSK SUPPORT
  • Support UI on kiosks for buying and selling of cargo.
  • ETA is 1st June
ATMOSPHERIC ENTRY SUPPORT
  • Feature Complete
PERSISTENT DAMAGE, AMMO AND MISSILES
  • Persistence ensures that your vehicle state is saved between sessions.
  • ETA is 26th May
REPAIR
  • Work on this began early while waiting on needed tasks for other features to be completed
  • Feature Complete
INVENTORY SYSTEM SUPPORT
  • The inventory will offer a way to manage the cargo and commodities that are being carried by the ships a player owns.
  • ETA is 1st June
ROVER AND DRAGONFLY IN SHIPS
  • Players will be able to transport the Ursa Rover and the Dragonfly inside ships that are big enough to hold them
  • Work on this is delayed due to needing ship physics to be altered to allow for vehicles to be placed inside
  • ETA is 2nd June (was 31st May)
IFCS PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS – NEW ADDITION
  • Changing the IFCS system to work in batch updates for performance improvements
  • ETA is 2nd June
  • Crusader Converted to Object Container Setup
    • With the transition to Object Containers, the Crusader map was completely re-designed. Each Point of Interest is now an object container laid out via the Solar System Editor. This is in preparation for Object Container streaming and seamless transitions from different POI’s and between Star Systems. Mission Flowgraphs are converted over to use Subsumption and the new Mission System.
  • Mega Map for Persistent Universe
    • Mega Map tech (also used in Crusader for seamless loading between different gamemodes) is now possible in the new PU map, which is setup in the Solar System Editor. This allows the utilization of Mega Map technology.
  • Revamp of Power Plants / Shield Generators / Coolers and the Heat & Power System for improved gameplay and conversion to Item 2.0

PLANETARY TECH
  • The Physics Grid for planets and the modular space stations.
  • ETA is 31st May
SOLAR SYSTEM TOOL
  • ETA is 31st May
ENTITY UPDATE COMPONENT SCHEDULER
  • Will allow lower priority entities (i.e. those further away from players) to be updated less frequently, which should improve the overall framerate and allow us to add more content to the universe.
  • ETA is 31st May
ENTITY OWNER MANAGER
  • The Entity Owner Manager will track entities that are moved around the universe, making sure we spawn and unspawn them at the correct time
  • Feature on hold temporarily due to network system persistence dependencies.
  • ETA is 12th June (was 31st May)
  • New Radar Databank
  • Subsumption Base Functionality
    • This is the initial release of the foundation technology that drives all of the AI, mission, dynamic content, and conversation logic. The mission content previously created with FlowGraph has been replaced and the implementation time to achieve a desired effect has been cut dramatically.
  • Various Performance improvements
  • Planetary Physics Grid to support orbiting and rotating planets
  • Multi-Function Display implementation for Item 2.0 Components on ships
  • IFCS improvements to support AI & Takeoff System
  • Unified Visor for seamless Ship 2.0 / FPS transition
  • HUD/Visor integration for new Radar Databank
  • Object Distribution
  • Terrain / Object blending for soft natural transition of objects intersecting with the ground
  • Video codec updated to Bink2, providing higher fidelity at lower bitrate
  • Vehicles no longer use Lua
    • This is a huge step forward on the code side.
  • Skeleton Extension support for Item Port Offset overrides per item
  • Numerous types of physics simulation for all Item 2.0 attachments including hair, weapons, grenades and more.
  • Destructible component for items, props and environment assets
  • Nested Physics Grids support for vehicle transportation inside large ships, i.e. DragonFly & Rover
  • Physics simulation gravity vector now respects planetary gravity
  • Modular loadouts rule sets and support for up to five loadouts
  • Animation driven facial audio implemented
  • Updated Sandbox Editor Python integration.
  • Zone culling on all character assets and layers, system complete and mesh markup complete supplemented with tools to easily support new assets.
  • Solar System Editor
    • A tool that will layout entire solar system with their astral objects (sun, planets moons) as well as space stations, etc.
  • New Light Controller for runtime light switches
  • New network message queue (current in QATR) to reduce network bandwidth and network thread time.
  • Light Entity Render node merging.
  • Dynamic Physics Grid to support sparse space areas vs. dense areas like space stations.
  • Highly optimized vertex and position format for all geometry
  • Texture memory usage reduced across the project
  • Unified material libraries for use across all departments
    • Comparing and finding all duplicated normal maps and albedo maps in the LayerBlend texture library
    • Clean up LayerBlend Material Libraries, Resolution Adjustments, Renames to Lower Case
    • Follow-ups on list of unused textures and materials
  • Massively improved LOD computation and average face sizes for ships
  • Shared hair assets (instead of bespoke asset per head) for character creation
  • Automated facial asset LODs, skinning algorithm per LOD updated.
  • Reworked mesh setup of facial assets for optimal performance and reduced drawcalls.
  • Unified helmet and character mesh into singular render proxy for better performance and visuals.
  • Various portal and culling improvements.
  • Improved Animation Data Base collection and build process for optimized animation data streaming also added external tools to manage this.
  • Deprecated thousands of legacy and test assets including animations, geometry, libraries and more for reduced build size.
  • Automatic Asset Error collection and tracking.
  • Reworked itemport layout for characters and character items
  • Updated all assets using HumanSkin to highly optimized HumanSkinv2 shader. This saves upwards of a 100 megs of texture memory per face.
  • Vastly improved memory allocator which allowed massive reduction in runtime allocation count
  • Several significant optimizations to entity update code
As you will see, the UI schedule has undergone some significant changes to accommodate some new features designed to enhance the player experience. The following schedule and dates will be used as the new baseline for the UI schedule, the previous completion dates have been included to indicate the change.

KIOSK UI
  • Kiosk shopping will allow players to buy and sell various commodities.
  • Work for this feature is temporarily on hold until the Game Code is at a place for UI work to continue.
  • ETA is 25th May (was 10th May)
ITEM 2.0 MULTI FUNCTION DISPLAYS
  • MFDs are being converted to work in the new item 2.0 system to give pilots even more control of their ships.
  • ETA is 5th June (was 26th May)
FIELD OF VIEW SLIDER
  • This will allow players to narrow or widen the field of view to their liking.
  • ETA is 24th May (was 5th May)
CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION*Players will now be able to customize their characters’ heads, hair, eye color, and skin color.
  • ETA is 22nd June (was 31st May)

PERSONAL MANAGER APP
  • This App will allow players to review their inventory and customize various aspects of their suit and weapons.
  • ETA is 8th June (was 23rd May)
MISSION MANAGER APP
  • This is a redesign of the Mission App that is currently available within mobiGlas and is the next step to allow players more control over their mission tracking.
  • Revised date based on updated completion date of the Kiosk UI. This work will be started after the Kiosk UI is complete.
  • ETA is 2nd June (was 19th May)
CARGO MANIFEST APP
  • After buying items at a Kiosk, players will be able to head to their ship and check their cargo manifest This incorporates the work that was previously accounted for in the “Cargo UI” task
  • ETA is 6th June (was 1st June)
VEHICLE CUSTOMIZER APP
  • This app will allow players to customize their ship via the ship customization screen, so edits can be done without locating the exact port on the ship.
  • ETA is 28th June
SHIP SELECTOR APP & INSURANCE CLAIM
  • This app would exist alongside the Ship Selection Terminals in the Persistent Universe, allowing players more freedom to spawn ships at designated locations.
  • We are incorporating the Insurance Claim process, so we have one app that will serve two functions.
  • ETA is 12th June
HEAVY ARMOR FOR STAR MARINE
  • Heavy armor will be enabled for selection within the Star Marine loadout customization menu.
  • ETA is 9th June
INVENTORY SYSTEM
  • Very closely linked to the cargo manifest App. This will be the place to look for you personal inventory.
  • ETA is 6th June (was 2nd June)
MISSION BOARD APP
  • The mission board allows players to see the service beacons that have been set up around the universe by other players calling for assistance.
  • ETA is 1st June
STARMAP APP
  • The StarMap will be introduced to allow players to view the PU at large and select planets to QT to.
  • There are a few remaining issues that need to be worked through in order call this feature complete
  • ETA is 24th May (was 19th May)
UI OWNER COMPONENT
  • Feature Complete
MOBIGLAS OVERHAUL
  • The UI team doing an overhaul of the mobiGlas system so that it better reads what the gamecode is doing. This change will make the mobiGlas system easier to maintain for the UI team and has become a necessity as 3.0.0 work has progressed further.
  • ETA is 2nd June (was 6th June)

MISSION SYSTEM
  • The overall system that will be used to create mission flows when we start building missions like Patrol, Assassination, Smuggling, etc.
  • ETA is 31st May
AI TURRETS
  • We are adding the ability for AI to operate turrets in Crusader, so we are working to make sure that they track and fire upon the correct targets.
  • ETA is 8th May
RENDER TO TEXTURE
  • This will have many uses going forwards, but our focus for now is to improve UI rendering and to introduce live rendering of video communications. We’re aiming to improve rendering performance by rendering as much of the UI ahead of a frame. For video communications, this will mean that we don’t have to pre-render the comms and store those files on the hard drive, as is the case with most games, allowing us to maintain fidelity and save hard drive space.
  • ETA is 15th June (was 24th May)
ENVIRONMENT PROBE
  • This allows for bounced lighting and reflections to be updated dynamically and will result in better lighting visuals.
  • ETA is 2nd June
ATMOSPHERIC ENTRY
  • Feature Complete
VOLUMETRIC FOG
  • The completion date has moved back due to unexpected issues with implementing the Volumetric fog awy from Lumberyard to work correctly with our systems.
  • ETA is 26th May (was 18th May)
GPU PARTICLES
  • Feature Complete
ENGINE TRAILS & CONTRAILS
  • Build issues have stopped the VFX team from being able to work on the contrails, so they have moved to other tasks in the meantime
  • ETA is 26th May (was 28th April)
  • RenderTarget refactor
    • This saves over 50% of the video memory previously used for dynamic textures.
  • Physically-based area lights
  • Shadow map caching system
    • This allows for many more shadow casting lights at once and avoids the need for baking shadows.
  • Revamped decal rendering system which renders fully deferred, instanced decals with aggressive overdraw optimizations
DIFFUSION SUBSET FOR 3.0.0
  • Diffusion is our second-generation cloud-oriented back-end service architecture. It dramatically simplifies the effort required to implement, maintain, and interact with services, while simultaneously providing major enhancements in the areas of scalability and redundancy.
  • ETA is 16th June
SOLAR SYSTEM SHOP SERVICE
  • Feature Complete
SOLAR SYSTEM MISSION SERVICE V1 “MISSION BROKER”
  • The Solar System Mission Service dictates what missions are being offered at various locations and at what price. It is also responsible for specifying when and where dynamic content should be instantiated and how it should be customized. That way, the reality that the player sees matches what is in that area, based upon hints provided by the back end simulation/rule set. This service will split into two for 3.1, with the latter functionality becoming the responsibility of a dedicated Dynamic Content Service.
  • Currently working through the remaining blocking issues for this initial implementation.
  • ETA is 25th May (was 12th May)
NEW MESSAGE QUEUE
  • Now that all our message are strictly ordered we’ve been able to really streamline the processing, allowing us to send and recieve messages with less overhead. The new message queue also has a few extra features to better handle packet loss and jitter, helping reduce average bandwidth and latency.
  • ETA is 22nd May
PHYSICS SERIALIZATION
  • This will fix a few long standing threading issues between then network and physics code. Improves separation of physics and netcode for better maintainability.
  • Delayed due to Network needing to fix bugs that were blocking other departments from continuing their feature work
  • ETA is 26th May (was 18th May)
PERSISTENT DATA REFACTOR
  • The expanding capabilities of persistent data to support gameplay features in 3.0.0 has required the Network team to work on this refactor
  • ETA is 19th June
NETWORK BIND/UNBIND (STRETCH GOAL)
  • This feature has been moved out of 3.0.0 in order to make way for the Persistent Data Refactor
DRAKE DRAGONFLY
  • Feature Complete. Some code bugs remain
DRAKE CUTLASS BLACK
  • Rework of the legacy ship
  • ETA is 26th May
RSI CONSTELLATION AQUILA
  • Feature Complete. Some code bugs remain
RSI URSA ROVER
  • Ground exploration vehicle.
  • ETA is 26th May
MISC PROSPECTOR
  • Feature Complete. Some code bugs remain.
BEHRING P8-SC
  • An SMG for mid-range fighting that provides a high rate of fire.
  • A few remaining bugs with this weapon have delayed final sign off
  • ETA is 4th May (was 27th April)
APOCALYPSE ARMS SCOURGE RAIL GUN
  • A shoulder mounted railgun capable of providing high levels of damage at a long range.
  • Completion on UI tech has slightly pushed the completion date for this weapon.
  • ETA is 9th June (was 8th June)
KLAUS AND WERNER GALLANT RIFLE
  • Rework of the legacy weapon.
  • Complex VFX for the Railgun has pushed the completion of this back
  • ETA is 1st June (was 24th May)
ARROWHEAD SNIPER RIFLE
KSAR DEVASTATOR-12 SHOTGUN
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:29:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:25:01 AM EDT
[#37]
The Eclipse looks smaller than I expected...and that's good, since it's a single-seater.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Redeemer was melted and $10 credit applied to get an Eclipse.  Btw, I'm wondering if the carrier here is the Pegasus.

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think like most ships, the Reclaimer has gotten bigger. It looked massive in the fog/lighting demo I posted above.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Redeemer was melted and $10 credit applied to get an Eclipse.  Btw, I'm wondering if the carrier here is the Pegasus.

View Quote
It looks absolutely amazing, but I don't really wanna melt any of my other ships for it because I don't really see myself needing a torpedo bomber over my other ships I already have. I had a Retaliator before but I planned to use it as a general purpose ship and have since melted it for a Constellation Aquila since it's about 100x better now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Off topic question real quick, but does anyone know if the rover will be able to fit in the back of a Freelancer? It would be kind of a bummer if not
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Off topic question real quick, but does anyone know if the rover will be able to fit in the back of a Freelancer? It would be kind of a bummer if not
View Quote
The Ursa Rover? Not a chance. It barely fits in the cargo hold of the Constellation. You can however fit a hover bike into the Freelancer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The Ursa Rover? Not a chance. It barely fits in the cargo hold of the Constellation. You can however fit a hover bike into the Freelancer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup.  That was something I was reading in the notes.  They are making vehicle locking plates of different sizes.  Basically if you can fit X size plate in Y ship, you can put any vehicle the size of that plate in the ship and lock it down for transport/storage.  Other than the ships designed for them, like the Aquila, etc.  Basically making vehicles drive on/drive off cargo.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Ive been having the worst luck with hardware.  
Bought a VKB gunfighter and received a unit I find unacceptable.  Sent it back for a refund and their refund payment bounced.  Took two weeks to get that sorted out.
So ended up buying a Warthog Hotas (also to use in Arma and DCS) and the damned company bills me twice and sending me two of them.

Heh,
As shown above, it looks like the Javelin got about 50% bigger.  Foundry 42 can't seem to touch anything with out making it bigger.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
another reason i got a crucible , i have a mobile bay i can park anything that fits in and land planet side and use as a FOB and still use the ship to run around, has a good medical bay too and good storage. Wonder if you can buy multiple bays and park them here and there?   I can park a rover , bike , likely an argo in it too. Nice turret on top to protect the base if needed. The repair function is just a added bonus .
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#46]
That's an impressive list of features, let's see how closely they hit those dates.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That's an impressive list of features, let's see how closely they hit those dates.

Kharn
View Quote
From a project management standpoint the dates are pretty encouraging since only a few of them are near the critical path.  Most of the items have a lot of slip available before it impacts 3.0 (although it would invariably impact 3.1 still).
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
From a project management standpoint the dates are pretty encouraging since only a few of them are near the critical path.  Most of the items have a lot of slip available before it impacts 3.0 (although it would invariably impact 3.1 still).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
I can only imagine how many thousand lines are in their MS Project file.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#49]
NETWORK BIND/UNBIND (STRETCH GOAL)
This feature has been moved out of 3.0.0 in order to make way for the Persistent Data Refactor
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
NETWORK BIND/UNBIND (STRETCH GOAL)
This feature has been moved out of 3.0.0 in order to make way for the Persistent Data Refactor
https://media4.giphy.com/media/e03UozELSlS3m/200w.gif?response_id=5921bc1d42c4797d6ba51af5
What is that?
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top