Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 174
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, that's good. Actually better than I'd hoped. It'll give me some time to put a parts list together and finally get this PC built. 3.0 seems like a good milestone to get into the game, anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CR has said the next month or two. I'm aiming for June likely. 

Well, that's good. Actually better than I'd hoped. It'll give me some time to put a parts list together and finally get this PC built. 3.0 seems like a good milestone to get into the game, anyway.

If it runs well with the new netcode and content expansion, I think it'll impress a lot of folks.  If I didn't have plans for whatever free money I can scratch together, I'd be building a new PC as well.  Figure my dual core i3 isn't even technically supposed to be able to run SC.  I tricked the system into thinking there was hyperthreading on the processor, so it runs albeit choppy at times. 
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'd also recommend the CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and peddles. They are phenomenal and a little cheaper.
View Quote

That's what I am going to get. I've looked at the HOTAS Warhog and such, and the reviewers on youtube haven't been kind to it.

The CH on the other hands are supposed to last forever and are pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Sooo, instead of buying more than two Hurricanes or one of the big packs, I bought a whole new PC and preordered a ryzen 1700x.   It's a gamble but from what I've seen they are some good CPUs, and SC likes more cores anyways.

ETA- I'm upgrading from a i5-2500k, so the difference in performance should be fairly significant.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sooo, instead of buying more than two Hurricanes or one of the big packs, I bought a whole new PC and preordered a ryzen 1700x.   It's a gamble but from what I've seen they are some good CPUs, and SC likes more cores anyways.

ETA- I'm upgrading from a i5-2500k, so the difference in performance should be fairly significant.
View Quote

If it is a socket 1150 i5, any chance you'd part with it for cheap? Figure I'm still on a 4100 series i3 
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's what I am going to get. I've looked at the HOTAS Warhog and such, and the reviewers on youtube haven't been kind to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd also recommend the CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and peddles. They are phenomenal and a little cheaper.

I don't know what they are complaining about, it's awesome.  The one thing that Thrustmaster needs to do to improve it is sell their own extension tubes for them.  Once you change the stick from moving it with your wrist to moving it with your arm it's incredible.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Warthog is definitely built as a true flight stick, not a gaming stick. Button activation forces are much too high for twitch gaming, hats are rough for gripping nomex-gloved hands, etc.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Warthog is definitely built as a true flight stick, not a gaming stick. Button activation forces are much too high for twitch gaming, hats are rough for gripping nomex-gloved hands, etc.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Doesn't everyone else have scads of flight gloves laying around to use in their simpit?  
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Doesn't everyone else have scads of flight gloves laying around to use in their simpit?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

I've thought about buying a spare set of Mechanic's gloves to wear when using mine.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do. I'll have my manservent dig through my old boxes of gear to find them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad this thread is still going strong after all these years.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Glad this thread is still going strong after all these years.
View Quote

The game is finally starting to come together, so I think it'll only pick up IMO.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually I do have some flight gloves to laying around. But that's because the Army issued them and they were great for wearing while training and shooting guns. 
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Actually I do have some flight gloves to laying around. But that's because the Army issued them and they were great for wearing while training and shooting guns. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, I think I have a pair or two sitting around that I snagged from my dad when he was in the AF, or that I bought after moving out.  Comfy gloves for turning tools in cool weather or shooting. 
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hell, I think I have a pair or two sitting around that I snagged from my dad when he was in the AF, or that I bought after moving out.  Comfy gloves for turning tools in cool weather or shooting. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are better gloves out there.  But for the price some of get them for, they'll do.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:19:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I just loaded the latest build last night and plan on playing some this weekend. Its been a few months (October) since I played. 

I mostly just played Arena Commander Battle Royal. 

Can anyone give me a brief summary of whats going on in the game. I just have a Mustang Alpha right now but plan on buying a better ship. 

any tips would be appreciated
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Just purchased in last weekend.  Got a Hornet basic.  I visit the Crusader port and fly out to check on the comm arrays.  Always find some pirates to fight.

I am not very good, but it is fun.  I cant wait for it to really get better.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#18]
If you own a razer, hull c, javelin, or the reclaimer you should definitely check out the end of the newest AtV. 

ETA: 
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#19]
OMFG yes I can't control my horny level after seeing that massive beautiful Reclaimer. Holy shit! It's fucking amazing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:17:55 AM EDT
[#20]
So the Aurora update looks pretty nice.  Kinda want now.

Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:21:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Hate to say it but the Hurricane variant concept art (no idea if they are making it) is kinda sexy.

Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OMFG yes I can't control my horny level after seeing that massive beautiful Reclaimer. Holy shit! It's fucking amazing.
View Quote
Duuuuuuuuuuude, holy shit!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I love how that when the Aurora(and others) was first made the game was aiming and succeeding at having graphics on a whole new level and after funding for the game exploded even more the newer ships were so much better it made the old ones look bad enough they had to be remade.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I love how that when the Aurora(and others) was first made the game was aiming and succeeding at having graphics on a whole new level and after funding for the game exploded even more the newer ships were so much better it made the old ones look bad enough they had to be remade.
View Quote
I think it's more that the original ships were so inefficiently designed that they HAD to be redone.  As they've expanded on the number of ships a server can handle they've had to reduce the ship footprint so PC graphics can handle more of them, and that brought in new and better graphic artists who know how to do more with less.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Track IR is back in 2.6.2
Buccaneer is flyable
New Cutlass was teased on ATV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B0QUFSCUgo

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#27]
It was interesting to hear the Frankfurt studio lead talk about the technical work arounds that they have come up with to make the world cohesive and seamless. I'm not too fussed on the buccaneer, but I may get a cutlass that I can buy back.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I must admit, as a Freelancer owner, that the new Cutlass is really growing on me. It looks like it's going to be a good mix of capabilities for a good price.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I must admit, as a Freelancer owner, that the new Cutlass is really growing on me. It looks like it's going to be a good mix of capabilities for a good price.
View Quote
Don't own either but I wish they didn't nerf the mounts on the side of the lancer.  They should have kept it higher.  The Cutlass has mounts equal to the lancer now right.  Part of the appeal was it had bigger than usual guns on that size ship.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Don't own either but I wish they didn't nerf the mounts on the side of the lancer.  They should have kept it higher.  The Cutlass has mounts equal to the lancer now right.  Part of the appeal was it had bigger than usual guns on that size ship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been holding on to my Freelancer MIS waiting to see what they turn it into, I'm not sure what it'll actually end up being any more.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I own both. What did they do to the side mounts on the 'lancer? They're not size 4 anymore?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm going to be working overtime in my Reclaimer to be able to afford and purchase/maintain a Javelin. Holy fucking shit! It's beautiful!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dqv78x5ZEwE

I also caved and bought back a Cutlass black with lifetime insurance. The rework is simply amazing looking. It looks like it will make a fine competitor to the freelancer. Hopefully it'll fit into an Idris and Javelin as it should be a great all around utility, cargo, and combat vessel.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#33]
3.0 schedule is supposed to be out today.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
3.0 schedule is supposed to be out today.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like it will be posted with a report tonight.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm going to be working overtime in my Reclaimer to be able to afford and purchase/maintain a Javelin. Holy fucking shit! It's beautiful!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dqv78x5ZEwE

I also caved and bought back a Cutlass black with lifetime insurance. The rework is simply amazing looking. It looks like it will make a fine competitor to the freelancer. Hopefully it'll fit into an Idris and Javelin as it should be a great all around utility, cargo, and combat vessel.
View Quote
It looks like it should.  The video you linked showed a Vanguard launching from a Javelin with room to spare.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Right?

Any word on whether it'll be persistent or not? I'd hate to have to grind out the purchase and rigging price AND have to hire a team of 24/7 security.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#38]
So when are we going to move this convo over to spectrum? or is this just easier?

Also, I have a war bond Polaris I need to get rid of if anyone is looking...
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Right?

Any word on whether it'll be persistent or not? I'd hate to have to grind out the purchase and rigging price AND have to hire a team of 24/7 security.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right?

Unless something changed, the Javelin is not persistent.  Everything larger is supposed to be, though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Javelin: The UEE''s Destroyer
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:43:15 AM EDT
[#42]
But my role plays!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Full 3.0 release is aimed for 6/29 with a HUUUUUUGE breakdown of what dates things are expected to be 100% ready for deployment.  Example is the prospector is expected gold on 5/5,  RSI Schedule Report

3.1 is adding Arccorp to the PU, the space truckstop, female models, new weapons, item 2.0 v2 airlocks, fuel, etc., 7 ships including Hull C, etc.

Etc.  The page is MASSIVE.

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Sooo,

Does anyone else besides me hate this Spectrum crap they foisted on us? I miss the old forums.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sooo,

Does anyone else besides me hate this Spectrum crap they foisted on us? I miss the old forums.
View Quote
You mean the new forums?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Can't even look at the old threads in concierge or subscribers since it requires a log in. Old IMs are gone too...
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Are we there yet?

I've been waiting for something to actually play and mess around with and 3.0 might make me re-download the alpha.  I played some of alpha 2 but got bored quick.  The big thing thats been bugging me about this game is the flight physics.  Its not quite to my liking.  Hopefully they do another flight mechanics pass soon.

ETA: The clip of the destroyer .
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#48]
They loaned out the Super Hornet through last night.  I took all the guns and put them on my Ghost.
I was happy.

They are gone today.

Back to dinky two guns.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They loaned out the Super Hornet through last night.  I took all the guns and put them on my Ghost.
I was happy.

They are gone today.

Back to dinky two guns.
View Quote
If you are bored, try out a Mustang and put the guns off other stuff on it.  Hits hard as hell, but if something looks at you wrong, you die.  Tons of fun since you have to stay on your toes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sooo,

View Quote
As far as I can tell the sole purpose of Rectum is to drive people away from the official site.  The devs only really respond to anything on that pile of obsolete garbage, Reddit, anyway.  I'm assuming they have a couple hundred shill accounts they pay to up/down vote what they want up/down voted over there.
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top