Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Previewing the MISC Prospector
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
2.6.1 and Spectrum are live.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Anvil Hurricane goes on sale the 24th.  Supposed to be an upgunned starter ship, but we'll see.

Vanguard BUK's, 85X, and Gemini are on sale right now.
RSI
Tali and Freelancer damage states in the new pass.  Oh and the XM8 is going to be in game apparently.

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#4]
any details on that new starter?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The "official" fluff from forever ago.  Who knows if it's changed though.

Some ships avoid dangerous encounters with speed, some with stealth and others with maneuverability. The Anvil Hurricane's philosophy is that it should be able to blast anything that gets in its way out of the sky. The Hurricane won’t win any races and its electronic signature won’t let you sneak behind enemy lines… but it features a wide array of fully customizable small bore weapons hardpoints plus the ability to customize weapons types in several ways. Hurricanes are often used by militia squadrons and private organizations seeking to add a "heavy" to their lineup.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Some ships avoid dangerous encounters with speed, some with stealth and others with maneuverability. The Anvil Hurricane's philosophy is that it should be able to blast anything that gets in its way out of the sky. The Hurricane won’t win any races and its electronic signature won’t let you sneak behind enemy lines… but it features a wide array of fully customizable small bore weapons hardpoints plus the ability to customize weapons types in several ways. Hurricanes are often used by militia squadrons and private organizations seeking to add a "heavy" to their lineup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a heavier version of the Buccaneer.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking a dollar store version of the Super Hornet, but same difference 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:51:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:13:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:52:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Pricing on the Hurricane starts at $175. No other details yet until the sale on friday, maybe a blurb on ATV tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:08:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pricing on the Hurricane starts at $175. No other details yet until the sale on friday, maybe a blurb on ATV tomorrow.
View Quote

Gotta say, not a real fan of recent pricing policies.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:37:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  Especially on something that was supposed to be a starter ship.  Same problem as the terrapin. 

Edit:  Ah, per CIG they are doing a different starter ship.  This a mid quality 'glass cannon' style fighter. Personally I'm done buying stuff until 3.0 comes out unless there is absolutely something I can't get a cheap CCU to.  3.0 will make or break my "I'll invest more money" on this.  I'm content sitting on the few ships I have till the game comes out if need be.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#13]
looks like it has a manned turret and 2 large gimbal front guns?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
looks like it has a manned turret and 2 large gimbal front guns?
View Quote

Plus a turret and missiles.  Looks kinda awesome on the art, but not my thing.

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Plus a turret and missiles.  Looks kinda awesome on the art, but not my thing.

http://i.imgur.com/aCNZCTB.jpg
View Quote

If they made sort of a piggy-back docking collar where these things could latch onto a bigger ship to catch a ride....I could see these peeling off in swarms, very bee-like.

But no, not to my liking either.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#16]
looks nice but ill keep my Super Hornet 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#17]
They apparently meant it when they said glass cannon.

2x S4 slots gimballed to S3
2x S2 missile mounts
4x S3 manned turret 
2x S1 shields 

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#18]
They apparently meant it when they said glass cannon.  That is a metric fuckton of firepower, but it won't take many hits. 

2x S4 slots gimballed to S3
2x S3 missile mounts (2x missiles per rack, or 4x if downgraded to S2)
4x S3 manned turret 
2x S1 shields 

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Four size three in the turret on a fighter is bizarre and makes the turrets on a lot of larger ships seem like a "why bother".
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Four size three in the turret on a fighter is bizarre and makes the turrets on a lot of larger ships seem like a "why bother".
View Quote

Kinda balances out that it has way less shields than any other ship in it's size.  One or two hits good hits from a larger ship and the only thing saving you is your ability to fly and hope another hit doesn't land.  In comparison, the Mustang Delta has a S2, Super Hornet has a S4, and Avenger with a S3.  So it'll be really, really, squishy.  

That said, with balance it could be a pretty solid ship if they do it right.  Hit and run tactics are definitely going to be needed as it probably won't maneuver too well.  They'll probably drop them to S3 on the turret on a balance pass through.

For the price, I personally (if I didn't have one already) would just get a Redeemer though.  S6 shield, 2x S1, S3 and 2 S4 gimballed pairs, plus 2x S3 turrets and 2x S5 5x missile racks.  But I'm a big Redeemer fanboy. 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#21]
You know what I think?  I think it's a great ship for NPC baddies.  It poses a legitimate threat with those guns, and who the hell would want to actually man a fighter turret?  But as flimsy as it is, players won't have to spend 10 minutes killing each one.  So I think this thing was developed as an NPC asset to fill a particular gap, and it's being offered to players because....well, you pretty much have to, given the design of the game.

Would I fly one?  Hell no, the cockpit reminds me of a casket.

Do I really even buy this theory I'm proposing?  No, not really.  Just throwing the idea out there.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks cool, but I'll pass.  May pick one up in-game (when available), though.

ETA: so it's a manned turret?  Any word on slaving it to pilot, or does it require a 2nd person?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looks cool, but I'll pass.  May pick one up in-game (when available), though.

ETA: so it's a manned turret?  Any word on slaving it to pilot, or does it require a 2nd person?
View Quote

From what I heard, I don't think it is able to slave to the pilot without upgrades.  Upgrades that would lower the size of the guns by 1 most likely.  But I imagine we'll know for sure once the FAQ comes out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I love that thing

I bought one. It would be a lot of fun with a friend or good NPC in the manned turret, I know I wouldn't want to tangle with one unless I had to. Load the Hurricane up with two revenants and four mantis gatlings, BRRRRTT.

ETA: It's not going to be a good single seat AC brawler like some other dedicated fighters, but in a group battle they could really do some damage if used right.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:25:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I love that thing

I bought one. It would be a lot of fun with a friend or good NPC in the manned turret, I know I wouldn't want to tangle with one unless I had to. Load the Hurricane up with two revenants and four mantis gatlings, BRRRRTT.

ETA: It's not going to be a good single seat AC brawler like some other dedicated fighters, but in a group battle they could really do some damage if used right.
View Quote

Now if a larger ship has their shields dropped or a good engine hit to kill maneuverability, man, a group of hurricanes would just tear it a new one.  Something to be weary of in the PU maybe.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Now if a larger ship has their shields dropped or a good engine hit to kill maneuverability, man, a group of hurricanes would just tear it a new one.  Something to be weary of in the PU maybe.
View Quote

That's what I was thinking. I'm debating whether or not to grab it. I have a freelancer right now that I would melt so the upgrade cost would be $35. My usual gaming buddy already has a connie, and most of you crazy fucks have larger ships for the most part, so the 87th could probably use some glass cannons. If nothing else I could just roll it into something else later I guess.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Are we finally in the chute for 3.0?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2r7obyd.jpg

I suspected as much...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#30]
CR has said the next month or two. I'm aiming for June likely. 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#32]
When will a working beta be released?

5 years?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?

It was on one of the ATV videos about a month ago I think. Said it was a few months out. Considering the usual 'few' is 2-3, I figure making it 5-6 is safe. 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
When will a working beta be released?

5 years?
View Quote
It should start really picking up once 3.0 comes out. There's a ton of stuff they are upgrading to meet that and the sub patches after. I'd venture next (not this upcoming) winter as a best case.

As much as I hate to say it, 2019/2020 ship date for the game is fairly plausible unless modules merge without major issues as the come online. 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It should start really picking up once 3.0 comes out. There's a ton of stuff they are upgrading to meet that and the sub patches after. I'd venture next (not this upcoming) winter as a best case.

As much as I hate to say it, 2019/2020 ship date for the game is fairly plausible unless modules merge without major issues as the come online. 
View Quote

Which has gone from ridiculous to ludicrous. It's been almost 6 years and I'm not impressed with how much they've sunk into star marine. I can't help but think that a PU with ships should have been the focus with fps as an expansion. Most of the backers wanted a good space sim.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Which has gone from ridiculous to ludicrous. It's been almost 6 years and I'm not impressed with how much they've sunk into star marine. I can't help but think that a PU with ships should have been the focus with fps as an expansion. Most of the backers wanted a good space sim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMO Star Marine was a necessary evil.  Considering people were always going to be able to walk around in the ships, etc in SQ42 and Star Citizen, it makes sense to make something as a mechanics tester.  That said, it would have been a lot further along if they hadn't shopped it out to (I think it was) Illfonic.  Those guys completely fucked the timetable and entire module.  None of it was to the same spec, scale, or even a pluggable module for SC.  Kind of a failure all around really.  Management should have been doing periodic QC tests and correcting as needed instead of trusting the devs to do it right.

Not to mention that some artists, programmers, etc specialize in people and movement mechanics instead of ships, etc.  Simpler to keep them onboard working on projects instead of a layoff.  Would suck if <insert company> picked up someone that you really needed with <insert module> was needing to be done.

They're running a bit long, but still in the envelope for AAA development.  I'm not horribly worried about the dev time.  Hell, it makes building a max spec PC cheaper down the road when it finally goes gold anyhow.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I've dropped like 300-400 already. No a damn penny more. Original backer. I want them to put out a good product but how about work on the game and less new ships to milk more money.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Buy once, cry once.

Get yourself the TM HOTAS Warthog and a pair of Slaw Device pedals and bask in your opulence.
View Quote

I'd also recommend the CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and peddles. They are phenomenal and a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'd also recommend the CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and peddles. They are phenomenal and a little cheaper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy once, cry once.

Get yourself the TM HOTAS Warthog and a pair of Slaw Device pedals and bask in your opulence.

I was really happy with my old X52 as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've dropped like 300-400 already. No a damn penny more. Original backer. I want them to put out a good product but how about work on the game and less new ships to milk more money.
View Quote

That's adorable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's adorable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's adorable.

Let's go put on monocles and talk about the common folk.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's adorable.

Let me ring the butler.  Would you fine gentlemen like a snifter of Glenfiddich 1937 while we wait?  I'm afraid it is only worth $20,000 per bottle, but all the better years were sold out.  There are some on the black market, but it's so difficult to prove provenance on those, so I refuse to purchase them.  I do hope you can forgive me. 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just so, Good Sir. Don't forget your top hat.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guffaw.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:22:28 AM EDT
[#45]
I can not hear you atop my polaris that is parked on top of my Idris?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I can not hear you atop my polaris that is parked on top of my Idris?
View Quote

You damned rich people, tying up traffic...look, buddy, I have a Hull E loaded up with all the ore my Orion could dig up, and I need to get to port to load it up on the Crucible to get the hull patched up on my Idris.  If you don't stop playing around and let me get in there, I'm going to have to bring in the Gemini just to gas up while I wait on your silly asses and your Grey Poupon jokes.

It's enough to make me want to just sit in the Endeavor and smoke some space reefer all day.

Screw it...I'm shuttling over to the Carrack, see if I can't find some intelligent life out there.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Random thought occurred to me just now.  An awesome piracy deterrent for a larger Hull.

Bulk cargo containers too big to fit in other ships.

Brilliant, huh?  Someone make it happen!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You damned rich people, tying up traffic...look, buddy, I have a Hull E loaded up with all the ore my Orion could dig up, and I need to get to port to load it up on the Crucible to get the hull patched up on my Idris.  If you don't stop playing around and let me get in there, I'm going to have to bring in the Gemini just to gas up while I wait on your silly asses and your Grey Poupon jokes.

It's enough to make me want to just sit in the Endeavor and smoke some space reefer all day.

Screw it...I'm shuttling over to the Carrack, see if I can't find some intelligent life out there.
View Quote

YOU NEED TO SPEAK UP MY OTHER SHIPS ARE ALSO PARKED ON TOP OF THE IDRIS I'M VERY UP HIGH AND I HAD TO DUCT TAPE MY TOP HAT ON DAMN WIND.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

YOU NEED TO SPEAK UP MY OTHER SHIPS ARE ALSO PARKED ON TOP OF THE IDRIS I'M VERY UP HIGH AND I HAD TO DUCT TAPE MY TOP HAT ON DAMN WIND.
View Quote

Get your manservant to close the hanger door.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, that's good. Actually better than I'd hoped. It'll give me some time to put a parts list together and finally get this PC built. 3.0 seems like a good milestone to get into the game, anyway.
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top