BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 174
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

HA! I've got a guaranteed DL speed. Left the DL going when I went to bed, 9 hours later, I checked on it, my DL speed was wandering around 0.2-0.5kb. Estimated time to complete was in the neighborhood of 20,000 days and change.
View Quote
known issue , check reddit . i remember seeing this as a common issue as it gets near the end for some people . maybe turn off the P2P but check RSI forums and reddit. 
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 4:15:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
known issue , check reddit . i remember seeing this as a common issue as it gets near the end for some people . maybe turn off the P2P but check RSI forums and reddit. 
View Quote

Yep. Anything I can find tells me to do what I've already done.

Found 1 reddit post linking to a site I've never heard of for a direct download. I do not trust it at this time.

http://pastebin.com/qQjhrNmC

Anybody familiar with this? I've gotta tell you guys, I'm not a happy camper regarding CGI at this moment.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#3]
That pastebin is legit ....but I would go to chat and ask https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/chat  or hit the PTU spectrum chat , devs are in that chat room if you had PTU 
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That pastebin is legit ....but I would go to chat and ask https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/chat  or hit the PTU spectrum chat , devs are in that chat room if you had PTU 
View Quote

I didn't have the test universe up. Will they still talk to me?

Tried the PTU method again last night. It stalled at around 28gig. To quote another SC player, This is bullshit!
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Third try at downloading HTTP and it hung with 745mb left. Crossed my fingers and hit 'verify'. Wonder of wonders, it worked.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 3:29:27 AM EDT
[#6]
The new Cutlass is looking amazing!
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:21:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Aurora is in an update pass right now
The Cutlass update looks pretty pimp
Vanduul look fucking creepy.  To be honest, I was hoping something Kilrathi like, but that would probably get EA all over the game with lawsuits.
And have a look at the Xi'an and Vanduul languages.  The ATV with the linguist dude that just came out was pretty neat.  I knew CIG said they were going to have full languages and all for the aliens from that goal, but holy fuck.

Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Aurora is in an update pass right now
The Cutlass update looks pretty pimp
Vanduul look fucking creepy.  To be honest, I was hoping something Kilrathi like, but that would probably get EA all over the game with lawsuits.
And have a look at the Xi'an and Vanduul languages.  The ATV with the linguist dude that just came out was pretty neat.  I knew CIG said they were going to have full languages and all for the aliens from that goal, but holy fuck.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16003157_1247494205303863_4416665367324242949_n.jpg?oh=bef1af8a61fb7b7e6834277549c89b16&oe=5913501B
http://i.imgur.com/YMon5iX.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/tgp4eT6.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/VjDQ6Sf.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/KXk7W09.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/U1JmjIx.png
View Quote

The black guy that was reading the lines was freaking scary when he said them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Explorer Space Suit:

Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The black guy that was reading the lines was freaking scary when he said them.
View Quote

Black lines matter.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Star Citizen: Subscribers Town Hall - Persistent Universe
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Banu Merchantman art from CIG

Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Why can't I get the Vanguard Warden? says flight ready but can't buy it. I'm dangerously close to building my god PC and finally getting star citizen, so I'm looking for something that would be a good first ship. I want the Aquila, but it's not going to be out until 3.0
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why can't I get the Vanguard Warden? says flight ready but can't buy it. I'm dangerously close to building my god PC and finally getting star citizen, so I'm looking for something that would be a good first ship. I want the Aquila, but it's not going to be out until 3.0
View Quote

The Warden (and maybe the entire Vanguard line, I don't know off the top of my head) are limited duration sales.  They have them occasionally.  If that's what you really want you can get another ship then cross-class upgrade when they are made available again in the future.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some ships are only available for a limited time sale, then pop up for anniversary sales or similar only.  The Vanguards are one of those.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Some ships are only available for a limited time sale, then pop up for anniversary sales or similar only.  The Vanguards are one of those.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of the seven ships in my fleet, zero are available for purchase now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The Warden (and maybe the entire Vanguard line, I don't know off the top of my head) are limited duration sales.  They have them occasionally.  If that's what you really want you can get another ship then cross-class upgrade when they are made available again in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's shitty, but oh well. Not the end of the world. I like most of the Aegis ships, but it looks like almost every one is still in production
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's shitty, but oh well. Not the end of the world. I like most of the Aegis ships, but it looks like almost every one is still in production
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll get a flyable loaner ship if the one you buy isn't available yet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Don't get the Vanguard.
For $250, it sucks pretty horribly for fighting ability, and that's all it can do vs the Connie where you can at least haul shit.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't get the Vanguard.
For $250, it sucks pretty horribly for fighting ability, and that's all it can do vs the Connie where you can at least haul shit.

Kharn
View Quote

It was glorious when it first came out.  I don't put much stock in most of the gameplay right now, I think they're still working out the mechanics, balance will come later, and I think the Vanguard will be far more formidable when all is said and done.  Not the unstoppable death machine like when it was first flyable, but certainly a dangerous fighter with outstanding range...and range is going to be a key factor when there's more space opened up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#21]
They balance everything in relation to whats in right now. What is superior today wont be months from now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They balance everything in relation to whats in right now. What is superior today wont be months from now.
View Quote

I don't know about that.  I honestly think balance isn't a huge concern right now...function first, then balance later.  It's pointless to try for any real balance before the full ship component system is in place and functional.  Right now we're in flying placeholders, as far as I'm concerned.  I'm just not gonna dwell on it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#23]
CIG always says not to buy ships based on current performance, but on described role (and lore).

I'm certainly not a fan of the Vanguard Warden in its current form, but armor and components (redundancy) - two of its main advantages - aren't even implemented yet, not to mention its superior range that can't be utilized in a single-system universe.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
CIG always says not to buy ships based on current performance, but on described role (and lore).

I'm certainly not a fan of the Vanguard Warden in its current form, but armor and components (redundancy) - two of its main advantages - aren't even implemented yet, not to mention its superior range that can't be utilized in a single-system universe.
View Quote

Gotta admit the Vanguard is pretty sexy.  I'll buy one in game when we get there though 

God knows it's going to be hard enough buying back my Freelancer, Gemini, Terrapin, Hull B, and Sabre. 
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Gotta admit the Vanguard is pretty sexy.  I'll buy one in game when we get there though 

God knows it's going to be hard enough buying back my Freelancer, Gemini, Terrapin, Hull B, and Sabre. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll rent you mine for a reasonable cut of gross.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Having played in many an MMO's beta since Ultima Online when I was in college there is one thing I can tell you for certain:
The game you played through most of beta isn't what you will be playing at release and that will look nothing like it does a year after. Chances are every ship will at some point suck, then rock, then suck again.
View Quote

Except the Connie and Aurora. The Connie will always be badass and the Aurora will always look like a mini sub from SeaQueast DSV. I expect a talking dolphin in the cargo hold eventually.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#28]
How's the cutlass? the black version seems like a decent multirole.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not bad and it's getting a redo right now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the youtube comments on a video about it said their crews often focus on "assertive cargo acquisition"
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

One of the youtube comments on a video about it said their crews often focus on "assertive cargo acquisition"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Caterpillar has some similar lore.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Surface outpost. 

Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Engineering Intelligence
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#34]
So what I got out of that is that 4 years in, we still don't have a fully functional, even basic, AI system.  Subsumption is no where close.

What the fuck did they do with the Kythera team and their work from all those years ago? Did they scrap it all or move it all to Foundry42 Germany?

Finally, how the fuck did they even hope to have 3.0 out at the end of last year?  The mission and AI systems are still thought exercises in almost February.  They announced 3.0 by end of 2016 in what? September? October?

Listen, I'm an original kickstarter backer and a concierge level guy.  I'm starting to get concerned.  Not that the game will be finished, just how much fucking longer are they wanting exactly? I know, I know, "AAA games take a long time and this is two of them," "GTA5 et. al took longer," "deadlines are made to be missed" and all the other bull shit we've been hearing for years. We're still being told about systems that are FUCKING CORNERSTONES to the game that are still "well, we think they'll be like this..." 3 years after they were supposedly staffed up and ready to go.  Erin quoted SQ42 release in 2014 for 2015.  I'm fine with them having all the time they need to get it right.  That's why I funded this whole endeavor and I'm not about to ask for a refund or any other bitch-ass move.  

Oh, and their community engagement fucking sucks now.  The fake ass shows they do now that don't give dick for new information. Glorified 10FTC that answer the same questions from 2 years ago, Let's Plays being played by two fucks I couldn't care less about, and, as a non-programmer, Stupid ass bug-smashers (I readily admit this show isn't for me) that used to be a segment of a show?  Come the fuck on.  So glad I stop my subscription years ago.

Maybe this cold has me more pissed off than usual.  I don't know. I just want to see some solid progress on systems that aren't currently in the game and to get this shit show moving.

/rant and /flamesuiton
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I've pretty much stopped watching any of the shows, and have gone from checking the website once a day to maybe once a week.  

I just hope they finish before I'm too old to play.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So what I got out of that is that 4 years in, we still don't have a fully functional, even basic, AI system.  Subsumption is no where close.

What the fuck did they do with the Kythera team and their work from all those years ago? Did they scrap it all or move it all to Foundry42 Germany?

Finally, how the fuck did they even hope to have 3.0 out at the end of last year?  The mission and AI systems are still thought exercises in almost February.  They announced 3.0 by end of 2016 in what? September? October?

Listen, I'm an original kickstarter backer and a concierge level guy.  I'm starting to get concerned.  Not that the game will be finished, just how much fucking longer are they wanting exactly? I know, I know, "AAA games take a long time and this is two of them," "GTA5 et. al took longer," "deadlines are made to be missed" and all the other bull shit we've been hearing for years. We're still being told about systems that are FUCKING CORNERSTONES to the game that are still "well, we think they'll be like this..." 3 years after they were supposedly staffed up and ready to go.  Erin quoted SQ42 release in 2014 for 2015.  I'm fine with them having all the time they need to get it right.  That's why I funded this whole endeavor and I'm not about to ask for a refund or any other bitch-ass move.  

Oh, and their community engagement fucking sucks now.  The fake ass shows they do now that don't give dick for new information. Glorified 10FTC that answer the same questions from 2 years ago, Let's Plays being played by two fucks I couldn't care less about, and, as a non-programmer, Stupid ass bug-smashers (I readily admit this show isn't for me) that used to be a segment of a show?  Come the fuck on.  So glad I stop my subscription years ago.

Maybe this cold has me more pissed off than usual.  I don't know. I just want to see some solid progress on systems that aren't currently in the game and to get this shit show moving.

/rant and /flamesuiton
View Quote

I just ignore their projected release dates.  There isn't one that they haven't missed.  That said, anger like yours is entirely their own fault; they need to stop setting expectations so high for release dates.

It's likely going to be another 3-5 years minimum before "full release".

...which isn't out of line considering the scope of the game, and the technical requirements (some of which require tech that doesn't exist yet).
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Yup.  I've become one with the mentality of 'play it when I feel like, but ignore it otherwise.'  Eventually it'll pop up as being complete or hitting beta status.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I just ignore their projected release dates.  There isn't one that they haven't missed.  That said, anger like yours is entirely their own fault; they need to stop setting expectations so high for release dates.

It's likely going to be another 3-5 years minimum before "full release".

...which isn't out of line considering the scope of the game, and the technical requirements (some of which require tech that doesn't exist yet).
View Quote

That may be the best approach for me as well.  Unsubscribe to the newsletters and youtube channels and twitter and all the rest and just go completely dark until my excitement returns after a big milestone is released, like 3.0 in a year or two.

Which parts require tech that don't yet exist?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

/rant and /flamesuiton
View Quote

I'm irritated because it feels like a lot of add on stuff requires a lot of work to the core game.  Things that Sounded to me like they were going to be added on later had to be implemented early on, resulting in everything being delayed instead of the different modules being released adding in functionality.  As you said, I'm not looking for a refund, but I am disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That may be the best approach for me as well.  Unsubscribe to the newsletters and youtube channels and twitter and all the rest and just go completely dark until my excitement returns after a big milestone is released, like 3.0 in a year or two.

View Quote

Supposedly some of the server stuff: having so many people with so many ships, planets, other objects, etc. in a single instance with the fidelity that CR wants.

3.0 is supposed to be a big leap forward in that regard, I believe.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#41]
So they did announce that some backend was a lot further along than was timelined out. 2.6.1 should have regional servers coming online.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:16:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Just got my new PC built and I can't even log in.

I reset my password and it works on the website but when I try to sign in to the launcher I get an error message that I've typed in the wrong credentials or the account doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:24:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just got my new PC built and I can't even log in.

I reset my password and it works on the website but when I try to sign in to the launcher I get an error message that I've typed in the wrong credentials or the account doesn't exist.
View Quote

That's weird.  Try deleting the USER folder in the SC install.  That and make sure caps, etc are off.  

2.6.1 is on PTU now btw.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So they did announce that some backend was a lot further along than was timelined out. 2.6.1 should have regional servers coming online.
View Quote

It does.  US, EU, AUS are the regional servers.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:24:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what I did shortly after the PU went into the early playable stages.

I couldn't do much in it, so glitchy.  I figure I'll cool off and come back in a loong time.....already been liek a year.

I won't even log into the RSI site for another year at least.  The constant changes to the ships were bugging me too, I'll wait until they are closer to get tied to anything.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#46]
I have like 3 ships that I've owned for like 2 years. And I have not once, flown around in them yet.

I'm still waiting til I can spend money on a joystick, peddles and throttle. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:12:57 AM EDT
[#47]
So mining looks like it may get bumped to 3.0 as this beauty is ahead of schedule. 

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:14:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have like 3 ships that I've owned for like 2 years. And I have not once, flown around in them yet.

View Quote

Buy once, cry once.

Get yourself the TM HOTAS Warthog and a pair of Slaw Device pedals and bask in your opulence.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

At one point I had around 20.  I've melted some together and I think I'm around a dozen.  I've flown maybe half of them, but not much at all.

I like to think of them like whiskey in the barrel...my patience will be rewarded.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#50]
That prospector is looking really nice!
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top