Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/28/2013 11:43:03 AM EDT
This is what I said in the old thread and I'm reposting it so the new guys can understand a few basic things!

I think everyone who's interested should post up here so we can get a head count. I have no problem getting a company going but everyone involved needs to understand a few thing first.

We are very new to this as a clan. We're all really great players rage and alcohol aside. However there are clans out there that all they do is run TCs all day everyday! They have this worked out to a science and they win a hell of a lot. So not every night is going to be 19 and 3. We will have bad nights just like when we platoon. If you can't handle this concept please go play solo or platoon. It's going to take a while for us to really get better at this.

The reality is we really have to be running gold rounds. If we're not it's going to be an uphill battle almost every match so bring credits. We will also need a good amount of the usual key tanks KV-1S 3601H and the like.

I have been the only one that I have seen really try to start running TCs. I did this so we could try and add some variety to the game instead of the same old shit every night and have some fun with my friends I have made here over the past few months. I might not be the best leader but I try as others have pointed out I can make bad calls. Some other guys have stepped up to the plate to run matches as well cough..Taco. I have no problem taking a backseat and would love to see some other guys taking the lead.

So this really has to be a team effort. Bad calls will be made some people will choke flanks will fall due to someone not being able to hit shit. Your precious efficiency may go up or it may go down. I would like to think that putting aside a few tanks at certain tiers for the sole purpose of TCs can be fun and once we get our shit together a real challenge!

Here is the tanks we need in TCs these tanks will take priority!

Here is a list of what we need in medium company battles:
KV-1S
VK3601H
Cromwell
Hellcat
T-50
M7priest
SU5
Grille

Here is a list of what we need in Champion  company battles:
IS-3
IS-6
AMX 13 90
AMX 50 100
T69
T50-2
SU-8
GW Panther
M12
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested, Sgt__Elias in the game.  

I just have to curb my drinking when we TC or else I tend to wander off in battle by myself.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me preface this by saying I like our TCs the way they are but after last night some of you wanted to take things a little more seriously considering the ass whooping we received from a few of the more professionally run TCs we ran into. I have no problem kicking it up a notch but so far I've enjoyed our come as you are TC's. So if you want to compete with the big boys this is what you have to do!

For the last five nights we've been running a 70% win rate and last night we hit a wall. That wall was four different unicum TCs in a row. Some of their worst players had 35K battles and 56% win rates under their belts and there was nothing we could do to stop them.

Now some people had enough of that and just split some left with a few critiques of my calling abilities and that's fine but a few stayed and we hashed out what the real problem was instead of just logging out of TS.

First off tonight after our CW's are over we're going to set up a training room and go over some core tactics that the high % players have down to a science. This is a must! I love you guys but lets face it we flat out fucking suck compared to a team full of 60+% players with a really good line up of tanks.

Next we need people to step up and play core TC tanks! We need a real scout like a T-50. We need some arty other than SU-26s.  We need more fast firing TD's and medium tanks like Cromwell's and Hellcats. I can't make solid strategies out of the hodge podge of tanks we get in TC.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#4]
amendment1 in tanks checking in.

I've really enjoyed running in the tank companies (it's been good for me too since I'm trying to grind out my 3601h and this has given be a great fun place to do that).

Also, even though we might not be as scientific about this as some teams, I still think we do really well (what with the swirling toilet bowl of death on our side).

I'm not really a good enough player to run anything in game (it's all I can do to keep up with my tank, the minimap, and where I might need to go next, while trying my best to follow instructions), but I'll be happy to help in any way I can (mostly by showing up for now though).

Also, when I get some free time, I'll try to grind out a kv1s (I have the big gun unlocked from the other russian heavy line, so it shouldn't take me too long once I get the time/energy to grind it out).
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm always down for some TCs. I agree with journey. Tank Company's are not about xp or credits. They are about working on coordination and team tactics.

ETA I have a KV-1S but if you need me to pick up a tank let me know.

I could field any tier 4-6 tank form the us, german, and russian lines.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Also this is primarily for medium company TC's as our present showing of tier 8 tanks is laughable!
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in, as long as journey continues to be incompetent.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm usually up for it as some of you know.  

My best T6 TC tanks right now are a KV-1S and Hellcat.  Love running them both, but if we start getting more organized, I have no problem dedicating some time to tanks we need.  The Heavies are ok, but I seem to like running fast meds/TDs better, at least I'm better with those in pubs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No problem there!
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm usually up for it as some of you know.  

My best T6 TC tanks right now are a KV-1S and Hellcat.  Love running them both, but if we start getting more organized, I have no problem dedicating some time to tanks we need.  The Heavies are ok, but I seem to like running fast meds/TDs better, at least I'm better with those in pubs.

That's great look into a cromwell. Most fun I've ever had in a medium tank!
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I would not mind starting a TC but i am not expirenced enough to call the play.

I should soon have a tire 8 so that i can run both medium and champion.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have been the only one that I have seen really try to start running TCs.

I for one thank you and appreciate all you do for this clan.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I am in for more of  these when it fits in with RL. In game name is Rustyxj.

I suck but am attempting to get a but better. Been running my kv1s on TCs this last week, also have a t50 with camo, vents, binocs if needed.

Just had throat surgery to fix some issues, so not a huge TS talker at the moment. Have a mic and talk when needed. (And may be tanking on pain meds so may make some dumb calls)

Edit: and thanks for putting these together journey, they are a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am in for more of  these when it fits in with RL. In game name is Rustyxj.

I suck but am attempting to get a but better. Been running my kv1s on TCs this last week, also have a t50 with camo, vents, binocs if needed.

Just had throat surgery to fix some issues, so not a huge TS talker at the moment. Have a mic and talk when needed. (And may be tanking on pain meds so may make some dumb calls)

Edit: and thanks for putting these together journey, they are a lot of fun.

Thanks for joining us I hope your throat gets better and as far as the pain meds are concerned your not the first to be whacked out of your mind in our TC's...welcome home!
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't have a problem with requiring people to have certain tanks in order to run in the TC. It sucks that we may need to be somewhat selective, but there is just no way to win running low tiered and shit tanks. I'm not a win at all costs guy, but I do want to be competitive.  

I rebought the KV 1S just to play TCs. At least in tier 6, they are pretty affordable, and easy to unlock. I don't think it unreasonable to keep one or two  TC capable tank in your stable. Tier 8 is a bit tougher.  

When we have too many people, I think we should rotate players out instead of running all the low tiers.

If we are serious about it, the regular guys should have a couple of competent tanks. More KV1S drivers especially.

What are the go to tanks in tier 8?

What is our optimal mix for these battles? If we can identify exactly what we need, the guys who like those tanks my have an incentive to pick one up. I can rebut the IS3 if we are serious about getting wins in TCs.

BottledViolence
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Journey do i really need to tell you that i am down?

you already know what i bring to the table. Hellcat and Cromwell. occasional 3601

ETA: IS-3 for Champoin TC's
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't have a problem with requiring people to have certain tanks in order to run in the TC. It sucks that we may need to be somewhat selective, but there is just no way to win running low tiered and shit tanks. I'm not a win at all costs guy, but I do want to be competitive.  

I rebought the KV 1S just to play TCs. At least in tier 6, they are pretty affordable, and easy to unlock. I don't think it unreasonable to keep one or two  TC capable tank in your stable. Tier 8 is a bit tougher.  

When we have too many people, I think we should rotate players out instead of running all the low tiers.

If we are serious about it, the regular guys should have a couple of competent tanks. More KV1S drivers especially.

What is our optimal mix for these battles? If we can identify exactly what we need, the guys who like those tanks my have an incentive to pick one up. I can rebut the IS3 if we are serious about getting wins in TCs.

BottledViolence

This would be good to know. Once I get the IS-4 ground out, it might make a difference as to what line I go down next (at least as far as tier 8). I don't mind grinding for certain tanks just for TCs, but am honestly clueless about what to grind to for champion TCs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BottledViolence

This would be good to know. Once I get the IS-4 ground out, it might make a difference as to what line I go down next (at least as far as tier 8). I don't mind grinding for certain tanks just for TCs, but am honestly clueless about what to grind to for champion TCs.

Well that's where we need to all get on TS and figure it out. IS-3s are the king when it comes to heavys and the problem is we all have way to many premium tier 8s. We would need atleast two tier 5 or 6 arty that's for sure and again a good scout like an ELC or T50-2.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BottledViolence

Well that's where we need to all get on TS and figure it out. IS-3s are the king when it comes to heavys and the problem is we all have way to many premium tier 8s. We would need atleast two tier 5 or 6 arty that's for sure and again a good scout like an ELC or T50-2.

fuuuuuck, i just sold my Chaffee
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BottledViolence

I think the t69 would make the best medium tanks for tier 8.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

BottledViolence

In my experience...

Tier 6 = KV-1s
Tier 7 = T29/IS
Tier 8 = IS3

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BottledViolence

i can agree with that but only if they're 100% shooting gold. and i would only use 1-2 per team

ETA: maybe ill hvae to rebuy mine if it works out well
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#23]
In for Friday/Saturday night fights.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BottledViolence

IS-3 is king but the French autoloaders are pretty devasting in these TC's.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

LOL. I am in, if you can handle my retardation. Thank you for doing this Journey. I find the TC's great fun win or lose.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a KV 1S, Cromwell,T69, AMX 13-90, GWPanther, S-51,T50-2, and a bunch of premium Tier 8s.  I can buy the IS3 after I get my M48.  

To be honest, I don't like running arty more than a few games at a time.  I can keep the SU or GWP to rotate with people but would prefer not to run them regularly like I do with my KV1S.  

I run my T34 because I know it very well, and have no problem taking out IS3s in pub matches.  I will see how the IS3 is after I rebuy it.  I'm actually a little surprised at how much love there is for it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BottledViolence

i can agree with that but only if they're 100% shooting gold. and i would only use 1-2 per team

It's hard to argue against burst fire of 300 pen at tier eight I'm starting to love this tank now its upgraded.

The TC's i've played in have been fun. Look foward to doing more.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BottledViolence

It's hard to argue against burst fire of 300 pen at tier eight I'm starting to love this tank now its upgraded.

The TC's i've played in have been fun. Look foward to doing more.

T-34-2 looks could be a viable med in TC. ive never played it though, maybe someone who has can input more.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Nevermind  
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll keep my eyes out... would like to play from time to time, when RL leaves free time.

Journey, you mighty want to add some TS info for noobs like me.

just a thought... is there a place in TCs for T28/T28 prototypes, or even Ferdinand?  They are great TDs.

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'll keep my eyes out... would like to play from time to time, when RL leaves free time.
Journey, you mighty want to add some TS info for noobs like me.

just a thought... is there a place in TCs for T28/T28 prototypes, or even Ferdinand?  They are great TDs.

I'm not too sure on what an "elite" line up would look like in Champion TC's. Just haven't played enough of them. All i know is IS-3's and GWPanthers.

but Medium is a whole nother ball game. imo something like...
KV-1S
KV-1S
KV-1S
KV-1S
Hellcat
Hellcat
VK3601H
VK3601H
Grille
Grille
Scout

Should equal 60 if my math is right
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Steelminotaur

ill join as long as i dont haft to buy anything
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Steelminotaur

What do you have already?
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't play as often as I used to, but if you guys need someone, I'm usually on here, so IM me.

I go up to Tier 8 US and Tier VII Russian.

ETA: Read more, I think I'm Tier 6 in US SPG's, but I'm a little rusty, pretty much stopped playing them...
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#35]
For you guys that are not in one of the AR clans, or even if you are, it helps to show up in the arfcom channel, password is FUAROCK.
We usually will spam that as well to pick up guys.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 4:02:25 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd be interested but don't have the level of vehicles you are looking for.  Doing the slow, non-premium grind up the German TD line (picking up Stug III soon) and up the American medium line...trying to stick with the M3 Lee long enough for the M4.

After getting the 24-hour taste of Premium with the WoT Valentine's Day code, I might have to pay for it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 4:50:13 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm in, just tell me when and where. If we are just doing Medium TCs for now expect me be a dedicated VK 3601 player.  I have a pretty good record with it and it matches my play style.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steelminotaur

Alls I have right now is a vk3601 (H) i recently sold my heavy russian and american to try a new tree

Also can I get a TC invite for my freind KingGonzo

Link Posted: 3/1/2013 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steelminotaur

Alls I have right now is a vk3601 (H) i recently sold my heavy russian and american to try a new tree

Is your friend an Arfcommer?  The invite I sent you was to the clan wars division of Arfcom which is the entity that does the TC's. To be a member of this clan, the first requirement is to be a registered Arfcommer because we do a lot of communicating in this thread: Thread

If he is an Arfcommer, I will get his invite right out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Sorry for missing the training last night folks. I was in a cash platoon and heading to bed about 2 or 3 games after the invites went out. I'll make it a priority to get in on the next training session.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steelminotaur

Is your friend an Arfcommer?  The invite I sent you was to the clan wars division of Arfcom which is the entity that does the TC's. To be a member of this clan, the first requirement is to be a registered Arfcommer because we do a lot of communicating in this thread: Thread

hes currently not a member but im getting him to join(the whole email issue is slowing the process down), he would be an asset to our TC he s a serious player with a variety of tanks and he used to drive strykers for the US Army so he knows a few ground tactics.

Link Posted: 3/1/2013 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steelminotaur

hes currently not a member but im getting him to join(the whole email issue is slowing the process down), he would be an asset to our TC he s a serious player with a variety of tanks and he used to drive strykers for the US Army so he knows a few ground tactics.

No problem. As soon as he has his account IM me his Arfcom screen name and WoT name and I will take care of it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 11:59:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Great work in the TCs tonight guys we beat two Unicum TC's!
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Hell yeah, team was on point last night.  Here's the two replays requested.  Comments/tips welcome on my play.  Notice the drunk driving accident in the hellcat-v-grille one when me and our other hellcat try to occupy the same space about halfway through.  Totally my fault for being too focused on the KV-1S.  Made a few more big mistakes in that one, like rushing the shot on the KV-2, but we still squeaked by.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i63xfb7ycwxpiu/hellcat-v-grille-TC.wotreplay?m
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx53yrv8y1lhgiy/bitch-cap-tc.wotreplay?m
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yeah, team was on point last night.  Here's the two replays requested.  Comments/tips welcome on my play.  Notice the drunk driving accident in the hellcat-v-grille one when me and our other hellcat try to occupy the same space about halfway through.  Totally my fault for being too focused on the KV-1S.  Made a few more big mistakes in that one, like rushing the shot on the KV-2, but we still squeaked by.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i63xfb7ycwxpiu/hellcat-v-grille-TC.wotreplay?m
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx53yrv8y1lhgiy/bitch-cap-tc.wotreplay?m

hahaah im pretty sure i wasnt paying attention to where you were either man, it was my fault as much as yours
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:08:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Good games tonight fellas, it was fun
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm still new to playing with others how do I join y'all's games?
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

are you in one of the clans?
not that it really matters...you can always get in the arfcom channel
click on channels in bottom left corner of garage, search "arfcom" and input password FUAROCK
a lot of us hang out in there too
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

click on channels in bottom left corner of garage, search "arfcom" and input password FUAROCK

He has joined us in the _15
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has joined us in the _15

oh nice, nevermind then.
we have been running tank companies just about every night lately. just be on when we're running them to join. usually its after clan wars which is later on in the night around 9-10pm
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top