Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I keep getting the chat connection error. Looks like I wont be able to play with anyone. Fucking russians and their sketchy servers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:53:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Just downloaded and started playing tonight.  For a free to play game I'm impressed.  Still in the noob arcade battles getting familiar with controls.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just downloaded and started playing tonight.  For a free to play game I'm impressed.  Still in the noob arcade battles getting familiar with controls.
View Quote

Just step right up into realistic. You won't learn any pointless tendencies
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knowing why your shots bounce sometimes and penetrate at others is generally learned in arcade. Switching to realistic too soo can cause game shelving frustration. Once you know whst you are aiming for, switch to realistic immediately.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't care for realistic tanks. It seems like every game there's some guy shooting across the map and hitting you because he has your spawn perfectly zeroed
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't care for realistic tanks. It seems like every game there's some guy shooting across the map and hitting you because he has your spawn perfectly zeroed
View Quote

No markers in RB  so you should try to be where they dont expect you to be. If you are being hit from across the map then you are probably exactly where they expect you to be. Got to change the way you think from arcade to realistic.

Eta: After logging in EVERY SINGLE DAY for over a year, youd think I would be getting better rewards than this...
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No markers in RB  so you should try to be where they dont expect you to be. If you are being hit from across the map then you are probably exactly where they expect you to be. Got to change the way you think from arcade to realistic.

Eta: After logging in EVERY SINGLE DAY for over a year, youd think I would be getting better rewards than this...

http://gdurl.com/nYO8
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://gdurl.com/nYO8

Yeah, I've come to the point where I don't mind if I miss a day or two anymore. And, for the first time in over 2 years, my premium is about to run out...
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#8]
what donyou guys set your converg to? I have tried 400-500-600 800 and havent seen a real change in hits.  And what ammo type.  I cant understand the angles
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
what donyou guys set your converg to? I have tried 400-500-600 800 and havent seen a real change in hits.  And what ammo type.  I cant understand the angles
View Quote

For me, I use 250m convergence unless I am hunting GTs, in which case I will generally use 400-500m.  I try not to open fire beyond around 300m, hopefully starting at about 300 and closing to 200 or so in a firing pass.  But by being at 250m, even if I am flying something with wing guns, I have the option of opening fire from as far away as 500m and still doing some damage in a pinch, like if I'm trying to get someone off a team mate's tail, as at that range my rounds are only spread out to about where they started.

Ammo types vary by country/plane/armament.

By and large, for air to air with cannons, you want the belt with the most HE/HEI/HEF/FI.

For air to air with HMGs, for USA I find universal to be good, for USSR I use ground targets, not really sure yet how to best use the MG131s for Germany.  AP and API are what I want the most of, emphasis on API.

For RCMGs I use universal or stealth.  For a time, playing UK I would use the tracer belt for the .303s, as they seemed to be pretty damaging, but I think that's been fixed, and I'm back to universal or stealth.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

My convergence is set at 400m. As far as what belts, sometimes it's mission specific. If I'm flying fighters the belts are going to be air target, and if I'm flying German aircraft I focus on the minengeschoß rounds. If I'm flying US aircraft, P-47s and later, I use tracer belts. Otherwise, what the poster above said is about what I do.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

For me, I use 250m convergence unless I am hunting GTs, in which case I will generally use 400-500m.  I try not to open fire beyond around 300m, hopefully starting at about 300 and closing to 200 or so in a firing pass.  But by being at 250m, even if I am flying something with wing guns, I have the option of opening fire from as far away as 500m and still doing some damage in a pinch, like if I'm trying to get someone off a team mate's tail, as at that range my rounds are only spread out to about where they started.

By and large, for air to air with cannons, you want the belt with the most HE/HEI/HEF/FI.

For air to air with HMGs, for USA I find universal to be good, for USSR I use ground targets, not really sure yet how to best use the MG131s for Germany.  AP and API are what I want the most of, emphasis on API.

For RCMGs I use universal or stealth.  For a time, playing UK I would use the tracer belt for the .303s, as they seemed to be pretty damaging, but I think that's been fixed, and I'm back to universal or stealth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use 300-400
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I think my crutch is my joystick.  i get rudder wobble like crazy at the moment of truth.  been playing flight sims since age 10 with stick rudder and trottle seperate . I will not be able to break that habbit and go to mouse
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Group buy?  

Price is equivalent to what I feel I have put into this game.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:44:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Got a kill at 1k with Ju87 37 mm on a landing p51.  Must say it was very satisfying.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I've been romping around in my shiny new leopard 1. I love this thing.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Finally dug my joystick amd trackir out.  Will be flying full sim from now on if anyone is looking for a wingman.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Had a great match going. Got killed by a Firefly, in my Panther, and thought I had enough credits earned to jump right back into my Tiger H. Nope. 1 short. 1 credit short.
Well played, Gaijin.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Will be on tomorrow around 9 am.  Picking the kids up at 2 and back on again.  Flying or tanks if anyone wants to join in message me.    
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Sadly, I won't be flying warthunder anymore unless gay in gets their shit together:

Rather prominent you tuber exposed that there are ways to hack the game as a warning. Gaijin's responce was to censor him with bogus copyright claims..

Fuck them. Explained here by another prominent WT utuber

Edit: second video with more info (yes I know he's not playing WT in the video, but watch it:

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sadly, I won't be flying warthunder anymore unless gay in gets their shit together:

Rather prominent you tuber exposed that there are ways to hack the game as a warning. Gaijin's responce was to censor him with bogus copyright claims..

https://youtu.be/YZxQqhkoq9k

Edit: second video with more info (yes I know he's not playing WT in the video, but watch it:
https://youtu.be/8OhHGA__6wM

View Quote

Does any of this affect us full real flyers?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol, that's like saying "meh, they aren't after my side by side 12guage, I guess registration is ok."

Unless you want your dwindling population to fall further...
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lol, that's like saying "meh, they aren't after my side by side 12guage, I guess registration is ok."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You misinterpreted my point.  I don't like the move BUT I am asking if these hacks currently work in full real AND are there any talks of altering full real because of it?  I get that these decisions can, and often do have a long term affect on the player base but that isn't what I am addressing at the moment.

Gaijin's never had their shit together.  They generally annoy me less than the guys over at Wargaming that like to release extremely OP tanks so that everyone rushes out and dumps money into them, only to nerf them after they have made their coin, but that's mostly because Gaijin couldn't balance a cube shaped object on a level parking lot to begin with.  That and releasing aircraft without complete flight models and leaving them that way for years.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You misinterpreted my point.  I don't like the move BUT I am asking if these hacks currently work in full real AND are there any talks of altering full real because of it?  I get that these decisions can, and often do have a long term affect on the player base but that isn't what I am addressing at the moment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some, yes. Basically the markers are not removed in the other modes but merely turned "off" by code. Think about that for a minute and ponder some of the more ludicrous deaths you have had. Now instead of fixing the problem gaijin wants to suppress its existence and do nothing but censor people that want to bring it to light so it can be fixed. And Yes I played full real exclusively durring the death throes of my interaction period of that game

Apologies on the previous post.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Some, yes. Basically the markers are not removed in the other modes but merely turned "off" by code. Think about that for a minute and ponder some of the more ludicrous deaths you have had. Now instead of fixing the problem gaijin wants to suppress its existence and do nothing but censor people that want to bring it to light so it can be fixed. And Yes I played full real exclusively durring the death throes of my interaction period of that game

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So one possible solution they proposed is to turn markers back on in real battles but for the guys in sim, well, fuck us?  Or are enemy markers removed entirely in simulation?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow! What a load of bullshit. Censor a guy for pointing out that WT isn't the bulletproof, unhackable game Gaijin has claimed it to be since day 1?

Yeah, I'm done with them too. Don't hold your breath, Diesel. Gaijin will never get their shit together. They seem to be too hung up on adding stupid rocket tanks instead of fixing anything.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
So one possible solution they proposed is to turn markers back on in real battles but for the guys in sim, well, fuck us?  Or are enemy markers removed entirely in simulation?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no, only turned "off" in simulation as well

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like Germany will finally receive the He-219-A7!
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 1:25:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Random encounter just now.

And then I proceeded to fuck with him.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#30]

I grinded my ass of through the U.S tank tree and finally got the M26 Pershing and T25. Wow, the ammo for the M26 and T25 is total garbage, cant seem to penn anything and virtually every round just gets absorbed or does no damage at all. No matter what i do i cant seem to be competitive with the M26 or T25 right now. I was very competitive and could easily get kills in my easy 8's, now i might get 1 kill a game. I was not sure if it was me or the tanks, so i get back into my reliable panzers and i start getting 4+ kills a game and having fun again....  Im pretty disappointed, i felt like a wasted my time on the U.S tank tree.

Im going to take a break for a while and cool off, Hearts of Iron IV come out in a couple days.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
http://gdurl.com/GlXQ
View Quote

Random, I don't remember getting fucked with. Then again I don't pay a whole lot of attention to chat most of the time, sorry dude.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Random, I don't remember getting fucked with. Then again I don't pay a whole lot of attention to chat most of the time, sorry dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://gdurl.com/GlXQ

I made runs on you but didnt fire and when you chased I took you for a merry ride. You see, I cant be gotten to because im in a SPACE SHIP!
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I grinded my ass of through the U.S tank tree and finally got the M26 Pershing and T25. Wow, the ammo for the M26 and T25 is total garbage, cant seem to penn anything and virtually every round just gets absorbed or does no damage at all. No matter what i do i cant seem to be competitive with the M26 or T25 right now. I was very competitive and could easily get kills in my easy 8's, now i might get 1 kill a game. I was not sure if it was me or the tanks, so i get back into my reliable panzers and i start getting 4+ kills a game and having fun again....  Im pretty disappointed, i felt like a wasted my time on the U.S tank tree.

Im going to take a break for a while and cool off, Hearts of Iron IV come out in a couple days.
View Quote

We at the german tech tree anticipate your timely arrival.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just started to play again.... I left when I got the Tiger II I come back to grind the US tree and dear fucking god why. I feel like a god in the Tiger II
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Just started to play again.... I left when I got the Tiger II I come back to grind the US tree and dear fucking god why. I feel like a god in the Tiger II
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait until you get the maus. 128 tearing through everything and armor that bounces just about everything especially at range.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#36]
looks like towely was spotted in a video.

pic:
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Beware the rape machine known as TU-4
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Just noticed that the t34s have new paint available. I can finally stop dressing for the forest when going to the desert.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#39]
So get at the T44 I actually have to grind another 60k in research, to literally get the exact tank I already have. Why gaiboob.

Fuck APCR. There should be a way around this shit.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So get at the T44 I actually have to grind another 60k in research, to literally get the exact tank I already have. Why gaiboob.

Fuck APCR. There should be a way around this shit.
View Quote

Ive got the basic t44 but I also have the chat connected chat connected chat connected chat connected chat connected issue again so no squad play for me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#41]

I got really excited when I saw your post till I watched the video.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#42]

SWEDE! SWEDE! SWEDE! SWEDE! SWEDE! SWEDE!

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Made a run on a Carrier in a P61. Managed to drop the hate on the carrier as a Ki43 tried to get me.  Bombs also killed the Ki43.  If someone knows how to move your battle vid to youtube let me know and Ill add it along. with my JU87 kill where I one shotted a 51
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#44]
I've been saying it for years and now it's confirmed. Ships are coming.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LozwSFMOcEI
View Quote

Seems like they are making excuses for not having any large size ships in the game from the get go.  I'd be shocked if there are not plans to add cruisers/battleships eventually.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Seems like they are making excuses for not having any large size ships in the game from the get go.  I'd be shocked if there are not plans to add cruisers/battleships eventually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check out some of the discussion that's been going on over the past few days. At this point with the way they've worded it big ships could be a maybe. War thunder has a history of saying they are not going to put something in only to turn around and put it in the game later.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Check out some of the discussion that's been going on over the past few days. At this point with the way they've worded it big ships could be a maybe. War thunder has a history of saying they are not going to put something in only to turn around and put it in the game later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's why next year they will introduce the MiG-29 and Su-35 in the next patch. Both of them are going to have a BR of 4.3
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:59:42 AM EDT
[#48]

Ship gameplay footage.
Page / 47
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top