User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
So now everyone will be back to flying again

Good, I can't wait to kill some B29's and revel in their pilots tears of rage
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
How the fuck do you find the range and survive in realistic tank battles I can't find range but am getting one shotted like a mofo
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How the fuck do you find the range and survive in realistic tank battles I can't find range but am getting one shotted like a mofo
View Quote

Honestly, practice. Once you figure it out you can start to gauge distance based on the tank's size in you scope.

ETA: it also helps playing with squadron mates and using team speak, when one finds the range he reports it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]
So I'm grinding for the sexy Condor in my Dora, the very same Dora that I used during the legendary Dora spam. It was on Norway during Realistic Battles.

So no shit, there I was. Got an airstart like everyone else and started climbing. At 16k feet I was above a Bearcat that decided to tussle with another Dora, a pogue like the rest of them. I dive in, and nail that motherfucker with my three 20 mils loaded with HEI rounds. Zoom-climbed my way the fuck out of there and saw a Spitfire that was trying to fuck with a Ho. Bitch slapped that Spitfire with more HEI rounds and got myself another kill. Zoom-climbed out again. This time I saw a Tempest that was begging to be killed. Critt'ed him and left him in a flat spin. Scumbag Pogues tried to steal that motherfucking kill. I fly back in and put the sucker out of his misery and claim the kill that was rightfully mine. Zoom-climbed once more and chased a damn bearcat across the map. We get into a fuzzball with another Dora. I miss and try to realign my sights on the Bearcat, next thing I know I see a damn Dora's belly coming right for me. We both crash.

TL;DR for the 87'ers.

I play on Norway in RB. Get three kills, go for a fourth. Miss and try again. Halfway through turn, friendly slams into me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Didnt the B29 have 20mm turrets?
congrats on the baby
View Quote

Nope, the 29 has 50 cals. The 36 had 20 mils.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

3 modules, 9 assignments, 2 case studies, and a final before I get back to this... oh and a newborn
View Quote

Awesome! Girl or boy?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didnt the B29 have 20mm turrets?

congrats on the baby

The early models had a 20mm cannon, it was later removed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:11:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or do like i do and haul ass to the city so you can engage people from point blank amd not worry about the range.

My biggest complaint is how little xp you get from real battles compared to arcade.

I can regularly get 6-10 kills in arcade but in full real 6 kills is a damn good game for me. Usually i don't even engage 6 tanks in full real let alone kill them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Or do like i do and haul ass to the city so you can engage people from point blank amd not worry about the range.

My biggest complaint is how little xp you get from real battles compared to arcade.

I can regularly get 6-10 kills in arcade but in full real 6 kills is a damn good game for me. Usually i don't even engage 6 tanks in full real let alone kill them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why I play mainly arcade anymore.  I can grind out three tanks at a time and still get roughly the same amount of XP as I would in several games of realistic, or my preferred alternate, simulator mode.

Did they do away with the daily double with 1.47?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This is why I play mainly arcade anymore.  I can grind out three tanks at a time and still get roughly the same amount of XP as I would in several games of realistic, or my preferred alternate, simulator mode.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That they did in favor of their reward boxes. Kinda sucks.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#11]
That heat effect is awesome!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, I don't play enough to justify a 24 hour period of 15% RP, I think it's convertible only RP at that.  I play enough to get my daily on each nation and that's about it.  Seems like this change will dramatically increase the grind for everything now.  I very well may end up playing much less because of this.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

What new heat effect?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What new heat effect?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What new heat effect?

the cannons now have heat distortion when fired, plus tank fires have heat distortion.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

the cannons now have heat distortion when fired, plus tank fires have heat distortion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What new heat effect?

Oh I thought you meant HEAT rounds

I'll have to pay closer attention the next time I start on fire.

Also my ingame name is the same as on here.  If anyone is looking to toon up I'm down anytime you see me on.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#16]

That's a lot of medals for not a whole lot of kills.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:13:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Newborn? Already? Congrats brother!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 modules, 9 assignments, 2 case studies, and a final before I get back to this... oh and a newborn
Newborn? Already? Congrats brother!  

My little 0.01%er is 4 to 6 weeks away but time sneaks up on you quickly....
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:15:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Awesome! Girl or boy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome! Girl or boy?

Another boy to go along with my 1 year old son and 6 year old daughter

Irish twins
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:16:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Irish twins
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome! Girl or boy?

Irish twins

And then you'll have another girl.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:17:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome! Girl or boy?

Irish twins

And then I get snipped, as per WIFINST 6969.10N
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:04:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't know what they did with this patch but the fucking Panthers suck balls.  I can't kill shit, even with full penetration side shots, and I'm getting one shot killed left and right.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:45:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't know what they did with this patch but the fucking Panthers suck balls.  I can't kill shit, even with full penetration side shots, and I'm getting one shot killed left and right.
View Quote

All hail the mighty invincible T34
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Good news for American Tankers - they revamped the ammo storage for the later Shermans - all tanks with (W) storage no longer have ammunition stored in the sponsons, and the M6A1 has also had its storage revamped, which hopefully will improve survivability.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Decided to trail a bomber in an arcade match today... all of a sudden my screen goes like this (not my pic):

I've never noticed this before and it was hilarious when it happened to me today. No more trailing bombers leaking oil for me!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:20:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Apparently, something magical happened with patch 1.47. I got a few kills with my Tiger, and in a sim battle, no less. For once, I actually bounced several hits from a Sherman.

My best game in a long time, and my best game yet with the Tiger. Downloaded the Michael Whittmann skin for it, too.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:02:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Apparently, something magical happened with patch 1.47. I got a few kills with my Tiger, and in a sim battle, no less. For once, I actually bounced several hits from a Sherman.

My best game in a long time, and my best game yet with the Tiger. Downloaded the Michael Whittmann skin for it, too.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk165/oldfordsrock/shot%202015.02.26%2022.05.49_zpsd92kwrnq.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk165/oldfordsrock/shot%202015.02.26%2022.07.00_zpsasxermba.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#27]
How do you get the Michael Whitmann skin?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Interested in this answer as well.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:03:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

It should be at this link. For some reason, I can't link to the Michael Whittmann skin specifically.

http://live.warthunder.com/user/Tiger_VI/

It looks like you'll have to browse the page a bit to find it, but look for this picture. There are quite a few other skins by the same person, so you might find something else you like better anyway.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It should be at this link. For some reason, I can't link to the Michael Whittmann skin specifically.

It looks like you'll have to browse the page a bit to find it, but look for this picture. There are quite a few other skins by the same person, so you might find something else you like better anyway.

http://cdn-live.warthunder.com/uploads/cc/a0ffeb8da0dc168a1aebb583e06f7ac9b0f6e5_mq/Preview.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn-live.warthunder.com/uploads/cc/a0ffeb8da0dc168a1aebb583e06f7ac9b0f6e5_mq/Preview.jpg

How do you get them in the game?  Is there a folder or something?  Nothing in my directory sticks out immediately.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#31]
So has anyone gotten the 50k lions for this weekend's promotion? I did the quiz, and I won three battles, but no 50k battle trophy?

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So has anyone gotten the 50k lions for this weekend's promotion? I did the quiz, and I won three battles, but no 50k battle trophy?

Kharn
View Quote

Haven't heard anything about it
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Info
Use the game and Wikipedia to answer all of the quiz questions, do not use the back button or it counts as a wrong answer and you only get one attempt per Facebook account.
I can't confirm I got the 50k eagles, but I did receive the two planes.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Info
Use the game and Wikipedia to answer all of the quiz questions, do not use the back button or it counts as a wrong answer and you only get one attempt per Facebook account.

Kharn
View Quote

I fucked myself.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:09:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I fucked myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Info

Kharn

I fucked myself.

9/10. Balls
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought a gaming laptop finally after all this time so in a few days when I get it I will be able to play war thunder again.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Shermans are rape machines that is all
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#38]
The Maus isn't very hard to kill with an IS-2 or higher level tank.  I'd have to assume the same is true with the US heavies as they have even more penetration.  Don't get me wrong, it can tear you a new asshole if it gets a good shot on you but being able to penetrate the front of its turret at medium range makes it pretty easy to take down as long as you stay out of its way.

edit:  Though if it isn't looking directly at you you're not going to pen the turret from the front so it isn't an ideal situation to be in.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Is it just me or does it take forever to get into a battle?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

What kind?

Tank or air?

Arcade, real, or sim?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:47:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What kind?

Tank or air?

Arcade, real, or sim?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind?

Tank or air?

Arcade, real, or sim?

Tank, both arcade and real. Sometimes upwards of 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:29:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind?

Tank or air?

Arcade, real, or sim?

Huh... arcade for me is usually <1 minute and full real is around 2-3 minutes max.

Somewhere you can change your settings to look for games on any requiredregion.  The default setting is US only.  Switch to any region and wait times should go down a lot with only a minimal spike in lag.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:50:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#44]
We had arfcom on arfcom violence last night some of our squadron betrayed America and were rolling german tanks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Just got my IS-4M.  This tank is a beast...  Not sure if I want the M103 or Maus yet... think I'm going to go for the Maus first.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Got my Tiger tank and boy, does it kick ass!

Took it out for a few spins in Arcade. Angle that MoFo right and it will shrug shots off left and right.

Word of caution to the guys and gals taking it out for the first time, be very afraid of the Russian Tank destroyers. Their guns will knock you out. If you see one, they should be your #1 priority. Knock 'em out before they knock you out.

This is what I felt like during a match!

Rolling past corpses of my enemies.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:58:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Got my Tiger tank and boy, does it kick ass!

Took it out for a few spins in Arcade. Angle that MoFo right and it will shrug shots off left and right.

Word of caution to the guys and gals taking it out for the first time, be very afraid of the Russian Tank destroyers. Their guns will knock you out. If you see one, they should be your #1 priority. Knock 'em out before they knock you out.

This is what I felt like during a match!

Rolling past corpses of my enemies.

http://i.imgur.com/lZ3PfJT.jpg

View Quote

I re installed the game a couple weeks ago and unlocked the Tiger the other day and i like it a lot, i just had to learn a different play style to use it effectively. Like being slow and methodical, trying to find good firing positions on the map and angle the tank.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:27:44 AM EDT
[#48]
So these 7.0BR tanks, I'm not entirely sure they actually are capable of killing anything.  They knock out a crew member here or there and then spontaneously explode.

Tier 5 is fucked.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm requesting to join the squadron.  My in game name is Simple__Man.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I'm requesting to join the squadron.  My in game name is Simple__Man.  Thanks
View Quote
Done. Welcome.

Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top