Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you actually watch the bombs fall by pressing "U"? If you do, you should be able to know how it falls and what you need to adjust for.....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I was gonna work in my shop tonight but what the heck... we'll see how this update stacks up

ETA: Halfway to researching the F-82... met one of those in my first match, damn that sucker is quick! Gunners on my B-17 and B-24 feel like they've been beefed up a little bit... I got into three matches, and two of them I had no less than three kills by the end of the match.

Hero Bomber, 25 bomb kills and up, got changed to Thunderer.
Killing the most ground targets will give you Antimech.
...and a few other upgrades here and there.

I like this patch, and my B-17G can carry 8 one-thousand pounders again? Hell yeah... adios tier two's and three's

ETA2: Bombing with the 1000 pounders is proving to be tricky... the splash doesn't seem to be as effective on light pillboxes. I feel like I am getting screwed when I drop a thousand pounder on a light pillbox and only kill an artillery piece next to it when the bomb was dead on.

11k research points til I get the F-82, two or three more games tomorrow and I'll have it. Should be a fun one

Do you actually watch the bombs fall by pressing "U"? If you do, you should be able to know how it falls and what you need to adjust for.....

Naw not really... it's all muscle memory now. I need to readjust my joystick sensitivity, I think that's what's fucking it all up cause I tweaked that a little bit last night and threw everything off
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Naw not really... it's all muscle memory now. I need to readjust my joystick sensitivity, I think that's what's fucking it all up cause I tweaked that a little bit last night and threw everything off
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I was gonna work in my shop tonight but what the heck... we'll see how this update stacks up

ETA: Halfway to researching the F-82... met one of those in my first match, damn that sucker is quick! Gunners on my B-17 and B-24 feel like they've been beefed up a little bit... I got into three matches, and two of them I had no less than three kills by the end of the match.

Hero Bomber, 25 bomb kills and up, got changed to Thunderer.

Killing the most ground targets will give you Antimech.

...and a few other upgrades here and there.

I like this patch, and my B-17G can carry 8 one-thousand pounders again? Hell yeah... adios tier two's and three's

ETA2: Bombing with the 1000 pounders is proving to be tricky... the splash doesn't seem to be as effective on light pillboxes. I feel like I am getting screwed when I drop a thousand pounder on a light pillbox and only kill an artillery piece next to it when the bomb was dead on.

11k research points til I get the F-82, two or three more games tomorrow and I'll have it. Should be a fun one

Well I use mouse aim, (Yeah I know, I'm a heretic. )

With the bomb crosshairs, I always release my bombs like 1/2-1 second before the cross meets the target.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:17:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah it may have been my technique... I was launching bombs on target, not before... did not take into effect the momentum of my bird
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:51:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah it may have been my technique... I was launching bombs on target, not before... did not take into effect the momentum of my bird
View Quote

Same shit I was doing last night... And all I got were misses and a buddy running his mouth like a street side whore.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:14:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Same shit I was doing last night... And all I got were misses and a buddy running his mouth like a street side whore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dick move, huh?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:42:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Got my groove back...

Fighters were just throwing themselves into my line of fire. It was awesome
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#9]
And the subsequent three matches were equally impressive. Not as many air kills, but they definitely did something to correct gunner aim. I leave a match now with no less than three air kills each time I roll in with the heavies.

It's. Glorious.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Just started using Trackir, it's awesome but will definitely take some getting used to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#11]
They fixed the external browser map in the last mini patch.  Hooray.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#12]

My new WT setup

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#13]

What, it's broken?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My new WT setup
View All Quotes
What, it's broken?  

Fixed. It had a https on it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Is there a regular TS server that we are all using?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes but I'm at work and don't have the address on hand, someone will be along to fill it in.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Check your IM's brother, please don't post the info in public

ETA:

Just got out of my first match on Kursk... that map is pretty big. First plane in, B-17... flew over the center runway and right off the bat, dropped 6 bombs on an XP-50. Smoked him. Did the same thing after I got shot down in my second B-17, smoked an A6M2 as he was landing. Plow through two more planes, get one more kill from my B-25's gunner. It's the very end of the match and I'm down to my BTD-1, XP-38 and F4U-1C. Bring out the BTD-1, head towards C. Start trolling around looking for easy targets as the other team just gives up... Last few minutes of the match and there's a Yak-9 trolling around over B, so just feeling froggy I squeeze the trigger across his flight path and what do you know? Bam - right off the bat, aircraft destroyed.

First strike, final blow, fighter hunter... mission maker.
5 kills, two with bombs, three flying fighters.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#18]
someone wake up and play. everyone is going to sleep!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#19]
how do you convert and upload warthunder files?
I need to play video of dumbass SWC crashing into me
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#20]
This mother fucker...

Crash knows full well when I go down, I do it in a hurry... so what does he do? He gets his fat B-17 up under mine and then pulls up on the stick in a deliberate attempt to throw me off...

I give you, joinder.,... War Thunder style.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#21]
lies! I didnt pull shit up, the video will prove it... as soon as I fucking figure how to post
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Earlier on in the evening, a more successful venture with regards to formation flying:

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s66.photobucket.com/user/2T2_Crash/media/shit%20for%20the%20net/shot20140423011559_zps98b339f0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/2T2_Crash/shit%20for%20the%20net/shot20140423011559_zps98b339f0.jpg</a>
View Quote

'Merica!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Goddammit, not being able to play War Thunder since I'm having a bit too much fun managing my thread in GD.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Buffalo is easy mode on realistic, even I can do it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Buffalo? BUFFALO?!

Don't be ridiculous, the Dora 13 is easier than that Pokernut.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ooo, what about a squad of all PBYs in realistic? We stay in formation and keep interlocked fields of fire, at approx. 25 mph with our 1000lb bombs?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ooo, what about a squad of all PBYs in realistic? We stay in formation and keep interlocked fields of fire, at approx. 25 mph with our 1000lb bombs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be such a beautiful sight to behold...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Like I said once 5 of us in B-17s complete strangers in a pub formed box formations and took out the enemy air base it was beautiful enemy fighters didn't know how to deal with it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Like I said once 5 of us in B-17s complete strangers in a pub formed box formations and took out the enemy air base it was beautiful enemy fighters didn't know how to deal with it.
View Quote

Hell they didn't know what to do with just two of us.
Cowboy and I were just flying circles in domination with a furball of enemy fighters trying to kill us, we were leaving each match with at least two or three fighter kills each.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Gonna add to what Crash said; in a domination match last night when we ran out of ground targets and B-17's we switched to B-25's and started chasing down enemy fighters. It was glorious
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#33]
All my planes will now have this.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Riddle me this; how do we get these custom user skins working, and do other players see them if you've got them?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like I'm going to return to WarThunder for a bit of fun, at least until Star Citizen comes out.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#36]
You should have never left.

We've been slowly working our coordinated attacks in Tier 3 down to a science, now if only we could master base bombing in formation I think we'd be set. Me and Crash have figured out it's best to keep your B-17's close, and your attackers closer. We just need two more of you to get into Tier 3 bombing so we can start obliterating bases exponentially faster; especially on maps like Crater or Pacific Hidden Base where the only thing to do is head for the base. I freakin love it
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#37]
So, do we have anyone on here that's any good with photoshop?  I know I sure as hell ain't..
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So, do we have anyone on here that's any good with photoshop?  I know I sure as hell ain't..
View Quote

Present

ETA: Custom skins are clientside only
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You should have never left.

We've been slowly working our coordinated attacks in Tier 3 down to a science, now if only we could master base bombing in formation I think we'd be set. Me and Crash have figured out it's best to keep your B-17's close, and your attackers closer. We just need two more of you to get into Tier 3 bombing so we can start obliterating bases exponentially faster; especially on maps like Crater or Pacific Hidden Base where the only thing to do is head for the base. I freakin love it
View Quote

And we still end up on top of the scoreboard!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Hell yeah we do, those bases aren't easy but they give you a ton of points.

Hey how did you fare in that match yesterday when I got called away for dinner? I wanted to stick around and troll it to the end but the wife was pissed off at an accident outside gate 2 last night that made her miss her nail appointment Wasn't gonna poke that hornet's nest.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:20:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Not to well without my battle buddy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:05:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Dammit man...

Well the weather outside is shitty, and we ate out in town last night so I don't foresee any shenanigans... I'll be on TeamSpeak in a few hours, the bomber crews are rested and ready to go.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Got 3 min in SJ game
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Gotta give AccuracyThruVolume some credit, the dude hung with us while we dragged him through the mud in countless Tier 3 matches while he was just barely graduating to Tier 2... then we took his roadkilled carcass and smeared it around in a Tier 4 match to let Crash test out his new B-17G.

Good times, good times
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Well shit. Now you got the G can we please go up so I can use tailsman!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

-snip-
View Quote

Ironic avatar.  Love it!

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well shit. Now you got the G can we please go up so I can use tailsman!
View Quote

Fuck yes.. I talisman'ed mine
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't have a lot of free time right now, but I'm trying to squeeze in a couple matches per night so keep your eyes open, I'll fly your wing in my B-17.

ARCADE battles, fuck historic with a barbed wire dildo.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I don't have a lot of free time right now, but I'm trying to squeeze in a couple matches per night so keep your eyes open, I'll fly your wing in my B-17.

View Quote
Can I bring my Invader?

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Can I bring my Invader?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I bring my Invader?  

We've been wanting to get four bombers together... The only issue has been not crashing into eachother in initial dive.... SWC.
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top