Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You guys need to get out of empire if you want to make any real isk. Also, if you ain't pvping in EVE you ain't playing EVE.....If you need a freighter load of stuff moved let me know, I have one sitting in Jita, I can move your stuff for you for free since you're an ARFCom brother.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 12:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You guys need to get out of empire if you want to make any real isk. Also, if you ain't pvping in EVE you ain't playing EVE.....If you need a freighter load of stuff moved let me know, I have one sitting in Jita, I can move your stuff for you for free since you're an ARFCom brother.

I dunno, you can make some serious ISK doing hisec Incursions.  An almost trouble-free 80m ISK an hour with a good group doing Vanguards.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#3]
HiSec is profitable if your into Mining/Shipping :D

I run 4 accounts, 2 miners, 1 freighter w/mining skills and a combat character.

I run a small corp, which we have been looking for a wormhole to live in.

If any ya'll want some extra people  playing in your hole let me know.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Watch out for Condors.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
In game name is Spydrr

54 mil sp.... maxed out skills for minnie / caldari cruisers (tech 3 and down)

I need a good PvE corp with a low tax rate with American based players.  I can't stand Euro players because they are never on when I am
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#6]
i actually just came back to the game also. i have 2 characters. and they at 10 mil skill point and 12 mil skill points each. and a third that i use for ganking which is secret ;)
but if anyone wants to pop by and say hi my characters Eric and will Mcgowen are mining in aclan with my pve corp. and you are welcome to gank any miners that aren't from gateway services
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno, you can make some serious ISK doing hisec Incursions.  An almost trouble-free 80m ISK an hour with a good group doing Vanguards.

Farming Sleepers in C5 and 6's is where its at! I made almost a bill in a week! I have a small fleet of shiny Legions that were paid for from WH farming. Incursions are also a good way to make some cashyour character for sure.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:25:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Farming Sleepers in C5 and 6's is where its at! I made almost a bill in a week! I have a small fleet of shiny Legions that were paid for from WH farming. Incursions are also a good way to make some cashyour character for sure.

I only tried Incursions once, lucked into an open spot in a pretty good group in the armor channel (The Ditanian Fleet).  Incursions seem pretty damn safe, much safer than any WH (with 0.0 and all), and certainly safer than a C5 or 6.  Anyway, you should be doing VG sites in like 7-8 minutes each with a good fleet.  At 10 mil per site, that's a pretty easy 80m ISK an hour - only 12.5 hours of incursion running to make that billion, but it took me an investment of like 5-600 mil for a Legion to get going.  You can probably get in cheaper with the right tech 1 battleship, but you might not be clearing sites as quickly with that kind of group - but it's a start, and a damn sight better than the 30m an hour you might make with most L4 missions.  I recommend reading the Incursion guides on Jester's Trek if you want to get going, and lurk the channel The Ditanian Fleet in game so that you can start to get an idea of how things are run.  There's also a shield fleet channel, but I thought those guys were a bit elitist and insular.  If you guys can get enough people together to start FCing and running your own Incursion fleet, you could have a lot of fun working together and making ISK.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:56:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only tried Incursions once, lucked into an open spot in a pretty good group in the armor channel (The Ditanian Fleet).  Incursions seem pretty damn safe, much safer than any WH (with 0.0 and all), and certainly safer than a C5 or 6.  Anyway, you should be doing VG sites in like 7-8 minutes each with a good fleet.  At 10 mil per site, that's a pretty easy 80m ISK an hour - only 12.5 hours of incursion running to make that billion, but it took me an investment of like 5-600 mil for a Legion to get going.  You can probably get in cheaper with the right tech 1 battleship, but you might not be clearing sites as quickly with that kind of group - but it's a start, and a damn sight better than the 30m an hour you might make with most L4 missions.  I recommend reading the Incursion guides on Jester's Trek if you want to get going, and lurk the channel The Ditanian Fleet in game so that you can start to get an idea of how things are run.  There's also a shield fleet channel, but I thought those guys were a bit elitist and insular.  If you guys can get enough people together to start FCing and running your own Incursion fleet, you could have a lot of fun working together and making ISK.

Ditianian is a generally good bunch of folks. Dont know too much about the shield fleets. For you armor guys get in "the ditanian fleet" , get to the staging system for vanguards, link your fit and wait for an invite. Make sure you have a fully T2 fit armor tank with resists above 70%.  Whats your name in game Kit? Fundito Jones is my incursion alt runner if anyone wants to link up and run some incursions!

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Whats your name in game Kit?

I'm one of those BitterVet sorts that doesn't play anymore but still keeps up with everything that goes on in the game.  So, no active sub, but I could PLEX up with what I've got left in my wallet (or sell some of my tech 3s).  I'll probably re-up for the 10th anniversary on May 6th/possibly for the summer expansion on June 4th.  We'll see what the expansion has in store, in terms of gameplay changes, as well as what goodies I can score for the 10th anniversary.  Hopefully the Gnosis will be a 10th anniversary gift.  Not that I'll ever risk undocking with it, but it'd be cool to have, I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i played it hardcore for 3 years, get out while you can. selling my accounts netted me over 5000 in real USD.

You need to message me, I'm looking at getting out and could use the cash.

Yeah no shit!  I'd ditch my 3 accounts ('08 and '09) and start fresh for that kind of money.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]
FYI for you carebears in highsec;Goons wanting attention!

Burn Jita 2.0: April 19-21st 2013

There are few things that we of nullsec can agree upon, but one of them is, inevitably, 'fuck hisec'. We will now wash away the frustrations of March's cold war by covering ourselves in the blood and suffering of the people of hisec, the weekend before Fanfest begins - just in time to remind these people who the fuck we are. As before, we will invite every null entity which wants to participate in our holy cause.

Last year there was a tremendous amount of publicity about Burn Jita, leading to a whole host of hisec movements and wardecs to counter our efforts. This year we will not be making public statements about the Burn or actively trying to advertise it. Yes, we are giving approximately 19 days of notice with this post, as well as coordinating across the CFC and the HBC if they want to participate, but the blind sleeping masses of hisec will not realize something is coming until it is too late. I am eager to see what happens to hisec if we show up without three months of wardrum-beating and hype, unannounced, and commence putting everything to the sword.  

The first Burn taught us a lot. We know Jita has a population cap; we know there are only so many routes into the system which are traffic controlled. We know as well that goons in Jita enjoyed not only taking out freighters, but spreading the carnage by using thrashers to take out industrials of random passers-by. A Burn is fundamentally a terror operation; it is not so much about the isk value of each freighter destroyed as it is implanting fear into the hearts and minds of even the most humble industrialist in his Badger II. This year we will be not only ganking freighters and industrials within Jita, but Miniluv will patrol the lanes outside of Jita to destroy anyone trapped on the gates from traffic control. The number of humans involved means that it will still be a complete mess, but we expect our terror-sowing to be much more efficient than last year.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There are few things that we of nullsec can agree upon, but one of them is, inevitably, 'fuck hisec'. We will now wash away the frustrations of March's cold war by covering ourselves in the blood and suffering of the people of hisec, the weekend before Fanfest begins - just in time to remind these people who the fuck we are. As before, we will invite every null entity which wants to participate in our holy cause.

Last year there was a tremendous amount of publicity about Burn Jita, leading to a whole host of hisec movements and wardecs to counter our efforts. This year we will not be making public statements about the Burn or actively trying to advertise it. Yes, we are giving approximately 19 days of notice with this post, as well as coordinating across the CFC and the HBC if they want to participate, but the blind sleeping masses of hisec will not realize something is coming until it is too late. I am eager to see what happens to hisec if we show up without three months of wardrum-beating and hype, unannounced, and commence putting everything to the sword.  

The first Burn taught us a lot. We know Jita has a population cap; we know there are only so many routes into the system which are traffic controlled. We know as well that goons in Jita enjoyed not only taking out freighters, but spreading the carnage by using thrashers to take out industrials of random passers-by. A Burn is fundamentally a terror operation; it is not so much about the isk value of each freighter destroyed as it is implanting fear into the hearts and minds of even the most humble industrialist in his Badger II. This year we will be not only ganking freighters and industrials within Jita, but Miniluv will patrol the lanes outside of Jita to destroy anyone trapped on the gates from traffic control. The number of humans involved means that it will still be a complete mess, but we expect our terror-sowing to be much more efficient than last year.

I'm taking a battle badger in loaded with male exotic dancers and janitors. Should make an excellent killmail.

Edit: I'm open to ship names. Babealon 9? Meat Waggon?
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Im sitting in Jita on standby in my Oracle! Gonna pop me some Goons!

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im sitting in Jita on standby in my Oracle! Gonna pop me some Goons!

Good deal! Can't stand Goons!

ETA: LOL, looks like some of my Alliance m8s have been doing the same thing. Link

Link Posted: 4/20/2013 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLFbuMILmnI

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 12:20:04 AM EDT
[#19]
So, I'm going to get it downloading tonight, and hopefully play it tomorrow evening or monday night.

I'll keep you guys posted with username and the like.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 12:33:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 12:41:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, I'm going to get it downloading tonight, and hopefully play it tomorrow evening or monday night.

Have you ever played before?  Find me in game as soon as you're online.  "Andrew PF"

A long time ago, so definitely way out of practice.  I will send you a message when I get online though.

ETA:  For boredom, my guys name is Arxsys Raynor
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever played before?  Find me in game as soon as you're online.  "Andrew PF"

LOL, I  remember that name.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 1:04:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Well, I got my first cormorant.  Funny looking thing.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back and run my merlin as soon as this quest chain is done.

Not sure if I want to get back into this or not though.  Its a big time consuming thing lol

ETA:  Cormorant lost in the last advanced combat mission.  Guy kicked my ass at range.  Couldn't get more than one or two shots with missiles off, and guns were 5k out of range.  Damn webs are a pain in the ass.

Time to make 1.6 mil to get another destroyer
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 1:40:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 1:41:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I got my first cormorant.  Funny looking thing.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back and run my merlin as soon as this quest chain is done.

Not sure if I want to get back into this or not though.  Its a big time consuming thing lol

ETA:  Cormorant lost in the last advanced combat mission.  Guy kicked my ass at range.  Couldn't get more than one or two shots with missiles off, and guns were 5k out of range.  Damn webs are a pain in the ass.

Time to make 1.6 mil to get another destroyer

Be careful with the next one.  

I'm not really sure why they gave me a beam ship for a missile fight mission, but yeah.  I'm getting a missile boat next time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm taking a battle badger in loaded with male exotic dancers and janitors. Should make an excellent killmail.

Edit: I'm open to ship names. Babealon 9? Meat Waggon?

Please link the KM.  

No one touched me :(
I even bumped people. I guess a badger with strippers, tourists, and a janitor isn't worth shooting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm interested AJ is it as addicting as MC?

Probably more

One difference between minecraft and EvE is that there is a monthly subscription fee, but you can earn ingame cash(ISK) to pay that fee

Eve has way more depth and options of what to do,there was a fight last weekend with approximately 2800 people involved

if you want to give it a try sign up with this link and it gives you a 21 day trial, and if you sign up to continue they give me some ingame cash that I will split with you to get you started

Buddy program

We are usually on the TS server every night and we would be happy to help you get going

I actually didn't see that.  If I decide to subscribe, I might need to roll a new guy so we can do that.

ETA:  I just checked the subscription costs.  I'm out guys.  We'll see what the future holds, but for now I'm out.  Yes, I know you can make ISK to pay for the subs, but I can't dedicate that much time to a game currently.  I'm thinking STO will be more my style.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, I  remember that name.

Your Scimitars won that battle for you.  That was a pro fleet.  

Worth it for me though: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=17146001

Damn carebears in alliance!   Huh, I don't remember Darkside being there!?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#32]
The Gnosis was confirmed during Fanfest as a present for the 10 year anniversary of EVE for all active accounts on May 5th.  If you want one, you need to have an active account on May 5th.  Or you need to buy one on the market after the fact.  Or you need to buy the $150 EVE collectors edition (that doesn't ship till later this year), that includes a 5 run BPC of the Gnosis.  It's the only battlecruiser with a scanning bonus, and its unique layout/bonuses make it an amazing all-rounder that anyone can use - though that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be beating the other tech 1 battlecruisers in terms of performance.  Also, I think it looks cool.

If you haven't seen them already, visit EVE's Twitch.tv page and watch the Fanfest 2013 Keynote (the Art Panel was a good watch, too).  You can see some of the upcoming changes for the new summer expansion and get a hint of what will be coming down the pipeline for the winter expansion.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The Gnosis was confirmed during Fanfest as a present for the 10 year anniversary of EVE for all active accounts on May 5th.  If you want one, you need to have an active account on May 5th.  Or you need to buy one on the market after the fact.  Or you need to buy the $150 EVE collectors edition (that doesn't ship till later this year), that includes a 5 run BPC of the Gnosis.  It's the only battlecruiser with a scanning bonus, and its unique layout/bonuses make it an amazing all-rounder that anyone can use - though that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be beating the other tech 1 battlecruisers in terms of performance.  Also, I think it looks cool.

If you haven't seen them already, visit EVE's Twitch.tv page and watch the Fanfest 2013 Keynote (the Art Panel was a good watch, too).  You can see some of the upcoming changes for the new summer expansion and get a hint of what will be coming down the pipeline for the winter expansion.

I like the Gnosis. Has slots for probes, analyzer, codebreaker, salvager, big drone bay, can still fit a decent tank and arm well enough for most sig rat situations. Also has a pretty decent cargo hold. Not my top choice for full pitched battle or anything, but sweet little ship for what it does.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 1:48:01 AM EDT
[#34]
I've been playing for about 3 weeks now. Running lvl 1 security  missions and mining. We have a small corp made up of some guys I'm playing with over here in Afghanistan.

THEN I discovered www.minerbumping.com. I created a 2nd account to use just to enforce "The Code". James 315 is the saviour of highsec!

I have yet to start PvP with my alt as I'm skilling him up while running missions and mining with my main to make some ISK.

Remember...highsec is worth fighting for!
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've been playing for about 3 weeks now. Running lvl 1 security  missions and mining. We have a small corp made up of some guys I'm playing with over here in Afghanistan.

THEN I discovered www.minerbumping.com. I created a 2nd account to use just to enforce "The Code". James 315 is the saviour of highsec!

I have yet to start PvP with my alt as I'm skilling him up while running missions and mining with my main to make some ISK.

How the hell are you able to do the basically daily updates for the game in afghanistan?  Ive met a couple guys who had played there and it blows my mind.  You must have had pretty good internet.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I just reupped my subscription after about a year away.  My main account is used mostly for mining and salvaging (I have a hulk and noctis) and I have an account my friend gave me when she quit the game.  I use that one mostly to pull security when I mine.  PM me with corp info, I just left my old corp and I'd like to join y'all.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How the hell are you able to do the basically daily updates for the game in afghanistan?  Ive met a couple guys who had played there and it blows my mind.  You must have had pretty good internet.

Ehh, the connection is ok. One of the guys had the full 17gb install on a hard drive that we use to do the initial install. After that the biggest patch I've had to download was last weeks 1.2 update which was 468MB. Game plays pretty good for us but I also pay $90 per month for the fastest speed possible which isnt the greatest but it beats dial up!

Link Posted: 5/24/2013 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Played this game on a trial about a year ago.  Didn't get into it much because I didn't have the time and trial expired.

Used the link for the 21day that someone posted and want to try it out again.  If someone that is going to be playing this weekend can get in touch with me and give me some pointers that would be awesome.  All I ever did before was low lvl missions and mining.  Maybe some help on race and what I should do.  I know its open style game do what you like but it's hard for someone with so much background in games and online games to feel so utterly lost with Eve.

Edit:  Have not logged in for first time yet either because that's when my free trial starts ticking so don't have a pilot name or anything yet.

Doing some research, looking towards Caldari or Minmitar

Picked Minmitar   Pilot Name : Gos Emyrs
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Little late to the party.
I've been playing pretty casually the last few months.
Is there still an Arf corp?
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 1:17:27 AM EDT
[#42]
I played it for about a year.  I really like the game, but I didn't have the time commitment available to join a corp.  I had done all there was to do in terms of high sec PVE.  I had a Caldari Navy Raven and whatever command ship the Caldari had with the uber shields and was good for PVE.  Not the Drake model one, the other one.  When I realized I was paying 15 bucks a month and not really playing anymore, I left.  That was before wormholes so I hear there is move PVE stuff these days.  I've moved on to Star Trek Online which is much friendlier to the casual player.  

Edited: Nighthawk.  That was my command ship.  Fun ship.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2013 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I got to participate in a massive battle last night.

http://kb.tribalband.net/index.php/kill_related/128739/

dRiZzLe3 I added you as a contact.  I'll try to catch you online.

Damn, looks like I've been missing all the fun

Battle Report

Titan Down

Battle Report
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Any of you in a decent Corp that accepts new guys or know a few names of some i should look into.

So far I have a Probe set up for exploration.  Getting the hang of it.  Biggest find yet was a 4mil item off a radar site.  Get really pissed when I probe down three things in the same system and they are all WH's though.

Also have a Combat Frigate 1/4 thru Sisters of Eve story arc.  Got bored after all the career guides in the beginning and then grinding go here, get this, bring it back.  Save this guy, come back etc.

Exploration is fun and it seems its going to change a lot with the new expansion.  Not sure what I should stick with though.  Just so hard to keep exploring when even with my low skills i can park a miner at a belt and make 10mil a haul in hi sec.  Only have about 10mil from 2 days of exploration. :/

Words of wisdom?
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 1:20:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Damn.  

I've been busy all weekend.

I'm stuck in our home system. I didn't log in on the day we moved our shit for the road trip.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 3:46:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Any of you in a decent Corp that accepts new guys or know a few names of some i should look into.

So far I have a Probe set up for exploration.  Getting the hang of it.  Biggest find yet was a 4mil item off a radar site.  Get really pissed when I probe down three things in the same system and they are all WH's though.

Words of wisdom?

If you like exploration, W-Space is fun.
You'll want to train up for a Cov Ops and you'll need a Battle Cruiser for running the sites in the low end systems.
Also, IM Sent.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top